PDA

View Full Version : a few questions about Jesus....

4rchang3l
04-13-2006, 06:56 PM
1) how is it that 'Joseph' has no problem with 'Mary' not wanting to obey Jewish law by consumating her marriage to her husband?
2) (here is where it gets better) How is it that Joseph actually believes that when his 'virgin bride' becomes pregnant, that instead of thinking that it was 'Saul down the street'? that it was 'God' who f*cked his wife!
3) why...(if your still buying this crap) does God defy The 7th Commandment of "Thou shall not commit adultery" by scr3wing another man's wife, instead of just scr3wing a single v1rgin?
4) after Jesus is born, what did he do for 33 years before those pesky Jews gave him up to those Romans? he never had an erection or had s3x with anyone....ever?!
enquiring minds want to n03!
5) why is 'mary magdeline' called a wh0re in the new testament?
6) why did it take the christians 350 years after he died (mind you, there were no printing press's unill Guttenberg invented it many years later) to acknowledge 'Jesus' as the son of God?
7) why is 'Ezekial', who was a homeless man who ate his own feces, regarded as a prophet who spoke the word of God?!
does that little voice in the back of your mind not ask that if Ezekial was alive today and running around as a homeless guy and eating his own poop if just maybe he would not be in the loony bin on heavy psych-meds?
dont believe me?
ask your priest if i'm lying.
8 ) why does the Catholic church subscribe to a 'new' testatament that was authored by a pagan! king named Constantine.
9) why do they celebrate 'Easter' on the pagan holiday of 'Ostara' which is the spring solstice and the birth of 'Jesus'(which nobody actually knows when it happened) on the pagan holiday of 'Yule' which is the winter(death) solstice?

so many questions....so few answers. :rolleyes:
something to think about.
Happy Passover and L'Chaim!-j :confused:

Blackflag
04-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Without reading the details of each of your inane questions, it seems like most of them can be clear up by pointing out that Mary and Joseph were not married at the time of His conception. Might want to hit the books.

He had only good things to say, good advice for anybody regardless of religion, and only a fool looks for trivial little ways to undermine His teachings.

Ally_Kat
04-13-2006, 11:52 PM
If you want to know so bad, why are you asking on a DLR website? Also, some of your questions assume a lot, like Mary Magdeline was not called a whore in the Bible. This is why you have debate on whether she was Jesus' wife or a female disciple, and all that. The notion of her being a whore is because there is an account of Jesus healing demons from a woman right before she is introduced and some people interpret that to be Mary.

Even if you don't want to believe Jesus was the Son of God, He's got some good teachings that are good for everybody, like Blagflag said.

You don't see any of us Christians insulting your Holy day. Hell, Jesus was Jewish, too.

GAR
04-14-2006, 01:16 AM
Sesh keeps trying with eyes that do not see and ears that won't hear.

bueno bob
04-14-2006, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by 4rchang3l
1) how is it that 'Joseph' has no problem with 'Mary' not wanting to obey Jewish law by consumating her marriage to her husband?
2) (here is where it gets better) How is it that Joseph actually believes that when his 'virgin bride' becomes pregnant, that instead of thinking that it was 'Saul down the street'? that it was 'God' who f*cked his wife!
3) why...(if your still buying this crap) does God defy The 7th Commandment of "Thou shall not commit adultery" by scr3wing another man's wife, instead of just scr3wing a single v1rgin?
4) after Jesus is born, what did he do for 33 years before those pesky Jews gave him up to those Romans? he never had an erection or had s3x with anyone....ever?!
6) why did it take the christians 350 years after he died (mind you, there were no printing press's unill Guttenberg invented it many years later) to acknowledge 'Jesus' as the son of God?
7) why is 'Ezekial', who was a homeless man who ate his own feces, regarded as a prophet who spoke the word of God?!
does that little voice in the back of your mind not ask that if Ezekial was alive today and running around as a homeless guy and eating his own poop if just maybe he would not be in the loony bin on heavy psych-meds?
dont believe me?
8 ) why does the Catholic church subscribe to a 'new' testatament that was authored by a pagan! king named Constantine.
9) why do they celebrate 'Easter' on the pagan holiday of 'Ostara' which is the spring solstice and the birth of 'Jesus'(which nobody actually knows when it happened) on the pagan holiday of 'Yule' which is the winter(death) solstice?

HERE'S THE BEST QUESTION YET:

WHY HAVE YOU NOT BOWED YOUR KNEE TO ALAN THE PANTHER?!?

Don Corleone
04-14-2006, 04:44 AM
A lot of your questions have answers of sorts in the bible. However remember this - a group of Greek priests decided what was going to be in the bible, and what wasn't back in the 4th century. A whole testament was destroyed by one of these priest for what it contained.

Now remember this: In the 4th Century the Roman Empire was split into 2 halfs - The Western Empire which was about to fall, and the Eastern Empire. Woman held no positions of authority in either half of the empire. Now if there's writing to say Mary Magdeline was a high priestess (not uncommon in Jesus's day), how big a threat would priests of latter days of the empire find that?

sagebrush
04-14-2006, 07:30 AM
dont believe me?

Hay don't i know you ? didn't i kick your ass out of my yard for trying to give me some books ? If you want to know stuff read the bible , and if i remember right people celebrate easter to remember that christ died on the cross and after 3 days he arose from the grave .defeating death , hell and the grave and making a way for people like us ( the evil on earth ) to go to heaven .

bueno bob
04-14-2006, 08:28 AM
That whole "resurrection" thing is all fine and dandy, I guess, but did you know that when ALAN THE PANTHER speaks you can actually HEAR his capitals? It's true.

Not only that, but he conquered Brazil once.

bueno bob
04-14-2006, 08:29 AM
I just can't understand why more people don't latch on to ALAN THE PANTHER and grab it again and again.

Don't they want LARG???

bueno bob
04-14-2006, 08:30 AM
It's a hell of a lot better than being cast away from the refrigerator on top of Mount Hessian down to the bottom of the bottomless pits of Larglessness for eternity!

CONVERT NOW! PRAISE ALAN!

KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!! :mad:

Coyote
04-14-2006, 09:44 AM
dont believe me?

Here's a better one:
Is it all just one big hoax?

Think about it.

bueno bob
04-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Praise Alan.

bueno bob
04-14-2006, 11:14 AM
It is written:

"Yes, and verily did the Hummingbirds of Helgedazh try to invade ALAN'S solar system and threaten His Larg and His people's Larg; but verily were they cut down with massive wounds and contusions! Yea, there was bleeding from them, and gnashing of teeth and cries of sadness and beggings for mercy, but the Larg of ALAN would not be stopped, as the killing frenzy was upon Him; ALAN did smite them, one by one, saving His people from death at their hands."

Alan 64:20

http://www.ppowgallery.com/artists/ThomasWoodruff/images/Panther-Attack-2002.jpg

bueno bob
04-14-2006, 11:16 AM
Alan's given SO MUCH for you; isn't it time you gave your faith to the Panther?

Don't fuck with the best. Don't fuck with Alan the Panther.

Hail Alan!

bueno bob
04-14-2006, 11:22 AM
Alan the Panther says, "It's all up to you. Peanuts are grate, and have a high nutritional content. I like peanuts; I rather like them a lot. Join Me under the tree of Larg. Or else there'll be no peanuts for you."

http://animals.timduru.org/dirlist/panther/Twilight-BlackPanther-FaceCloseup.jpg

Redballjets88
04-14-2006, 11:26 AM
if you read the actual scriptures you would realize that everyone of your questions are retarded

bueno bob
04-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Blessed be ALAN! Gratest of all panthers!

Grab it. Blessed be.

http://www.tammisworld.com/archives/black%20panther.jpg

Terry
04-14-2006, 11:40 AM
All moot.

Jesus is a myth.

bueno bob
04-14-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Terry
All moot.

Jesus is a myth.

But ALAN is real...

Coyote
04-14-2006, 11:42 AM
"Is this the real life, Is this just fantasy..."

:D

bueno bob
04-14-2006, 01:22 PM
"Caught in a landside...Larg is reality..."

Ally_Kat
04-14-2006, 02:02 PM
But guys, can't we all get along and band against hte Scientologist. I mean, Xenu! He doesn't even offer any good philosophies. Just crazy actors.

Coyote
04-14-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
But guys, can't we all get along and band against hte Scientologist. I mean, Xenu! He doesn't even offer any good philosophies. Just crazy actors.

For some reason, a scene from Monty Python's "Life Of Brian" popped into my consciousness...

Coyote
04-14-2006, 02:31 PM
This one!

BRIAN:
Brothers! Brothers! We should be struggling together!

FRANCIS:
We are!

BRIAN:
We mustn't fight each other! Surely we should be united against the common enemy!

EVERYONE:
The Judean People's Front?!

BRIAN:
No, no! The Romans!

EVERYONE:
Oh, yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yes.

Blackflag
04-14-2006, 02:33 PM

Oh, come on...if Vinny Babarino says it's good, it must be good.

Coyote
04-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Vinny who?

FORD
04-14-2006, 03:22 PM
You mean "Welcome Back Kotter" reruns never made it to Finland??

http://www.hollywoodteenmovies.com/GalleryTravoltaKotter.jpg
Vinny Barbarino was John Revolta's first real acting job on this mid-70's TV series about a "gang" called the "Sweathogs".

Ally_Kat
04-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Blackflag
Oh, come on...if Vinny Babarino says it's good, it must be good.

As much as I love Travolta, I still think he made a crap decision joining that cult. Read some of the practices. It's all about breaking family bonds and praising L Ron and his ways.

John needs to get out of that cult and give his autistic son the help he needs. I mean, if his brother is making a documentary about it, that's a sign something's going on.

Shaun Ponsonby
04-16-2006, 10:26 AM
I'm going to level with all of you. I know the truth about the Bible. It didn't happen in the middle east at all. How could it? Nobody knew where they were back then. People used to walk round saying "where are we? Do you know where we are? I wish an explorer would come and tell us where we are". There was actually only one person amongst the disciples who was from the middle east, and that will be revealed later.

It actually happened in my hometown of Liverpool. Mary the Slut gave birth to a love child called Jesus. She'd manged to convince her husband, Joseph the coke user, that God had made her pregnant. Sadly, the night she went into labour, a load of chavs petrol-bombed their house, and they had to go over to the garage.

Jesus was born in the garage. There were no shepards in sight. Think about it. Mary was pregnant-she had a craven. And she was English. She craved Shepherds pie. And the 3 wise men? NO. The 3 civil servants. The Bin Man, The Post Man and the Milk Man-who brought Milk, Letters and Bin Bags.

Sadly, Jesus had a hard life. His dad went missing after he lost a sausage-which isn't something you want to happen to you-BELIEVE ME. His mother raised him alone. For his 8th Birthday she got him a Houdini Magic Set, and his interest in magic grew. He became an alcoholic 10 years later. His mother was heartbroken, particulary when he started to believe that he could make his own wine using nothing but water and a pair of slippers.

We now fastforward to a few years later. It was all going well with Jesus the alcoholic magician and his heroin addicted disciples. They were performing magic tricks all over town. It all started to go wrong one Sunday when they all stole horses from those Policemen you see riding them, and rode around this park. The policeman in question was throwing branches from palm trees at him to stop him, but they just carried on. Anyways, he left them outside Lime Street Railway Station and basically laid low for a few days.

On Thursday, Jesus, and his disciples decided to have a party. Jesus drank a bit too much wine and his disciples were sticking all kinds in their arms. So much so, that they started attacking their leader, which wasn't very nice. "Ah, Nah, lads," he said, "stop it, lah, or I'll get me Da to smite ye an' that".

Peter didn't care, he just said, "Ah, ye, but, I know Macca, Lad. He's from Scotty Rrrroad, he's f*ckin' well 'aaaard. He'd kick your da's arse any day, lad".

Then, John made a silly suggestion, "Ah, lad, lets eat 'is body an' drrrrink 'is blood, lad"

And, thus, these so-called friends started eating Jesus, the alcoholic magician. All except Judas. He was having none of it-in fact he went and reported the crime. He was the only person amongst the group who was actually from the middle east and owned a small shop at the corner Hawthorne Road, and his English wan't that good. He ran to a police station and said "Cannibal. Jesus. Need Help." Of course, the police remembered it was Jesus who stole their horses and said "Ah, so he's gone from theft to cannabalism, has he? We'll see about that." So, they went to arrested Jesus, not thinking that he himself might not actually be the cannibal. They found him out in the garden and brought him in. Judas was standing by, he went to run away when the others saw him, sadly his neck was caught in the swing that was attatched to the tree, and he slipped and he choked to death.

So Jesus was found guilty. That night, mind. No need to hurry it along that quickly. Basically, they just shoved him jail. They let him out for a few hours on Friday so he could participate in a charity race. There was a bunch of people with crosses running for Cancer Reasearch. Jesus got tired halfway through and a little nap on the cross. He woke up to find that some joker had nailed him to it and stood it up straight. He was a little bit miffed. He eventually passed out, the police found him eventually, and just shoved him in a nearby cave, because it was Friday, and they wanted to go down Matthew Street that night. If they took him back they'd have loads of paperwork to do. So they just shoved him in there.

A little known fact about Jesus-he was chlostraphobic. He couldn't handle being stuck inside this little cave. Luckily, he'd been watching "Prison Break" on Channel 5, and used Hooke's Law to get out of there. It was Sunday by the time he got out, and he went to see his so-called friends who tried to eat him. They apologised, but that wasn't enough. He was finished with Liverpool and decided to go and see his dad, who lived with his new wife in Wales. He went into a rehab centre and got over his addiction to alcohol.

A few years ago he changed his name. He called himself after his favourite Charles Dickens Book-David Copperfield. He was going to call himself "Great Expectations", but it didn't have the same ring to it. He carried on doing magic tricks and recently did a dance just because he felt like it.

And that is what really happened.

THE END

Sarge's Little Helper
04-16-2006, 10:26 AM
I'm going to level with all of you. I know the truth about the Bible. It didn't happen in the middle east at all. How could it? Nobody knew where they were back then. People used to walk round saying "where are we? Do you know where we are? I wish an explorer would come and tell us where we are". There was actually only one person amongst the disciples who was from the middle east, and that will be revealed later.

It actually happened in my hometown of Liverpool. Mary the Slut gave birth to a love child called Jesus. She'd manged to convince her husband, Joseph the coke user, that God had made her pregnant. Sadly, the night she went into labour, a load of chavs petrol-bombed their house, and they had to go over to the garage.

Jesus was born in the garage. There were no shepards in sight. Think about it. Mary was pregnant-she had a craven. And she was English. She craved Shepherds pie. And the 3 wise men? NO. The 3 civil servants. The Bin Man, The Post Man and the Milk Man-who brought Milk, Letters and Bin Bags.

Sadly, Jesus had a hard life. His dad went missing after he lost a sausage-which isn't something you want to happen to you-BELIEVE ME. His mother raised him alone. For his 8th Birthday she got him a Houdini Magic Set, and his interest in magic grew. He became an alcoholic 10 years later. His mother was heartbroken, particulary when he started to believe that he could make his own wine using nothing but water and a pair of slippers.

We now fastforward to a few years later. It was all going well with Jesus the alcoholic magician and his heroin addicted disciples. They were performing magic tricks all over town. It all started to go wrong one Sunday when they all stole horses from those Policemen you see riding them, and rode around this park. The policeman in question was throwing branches from palm trees at him to stop him, but they just carried on. Anyways, he left them outside Lime Street Railway Station and basically laid low for a few days.

On Thursday, Jesus, and his disciples decided to have a party. Jesus drank a bit too much wine and his disciples were sticking all kinds in their arms. So much so, that they started attacking their leader, which wasn't very nice. "Ah, Nah, lads," he said, "stop it, lah, or I'll get me Da to smite ye an' that".

Peter didn't care, he just said, "Ah, ye, but, I know Macca, Lad. He's from Scotty Rrrroad, he's f*ckin' well 'aaaard. He'd kick your da's arse any day, lad".

Then, John made a silly suggestion, "Ah, lad, lets eat 'is body an' drrrrink 'is blood, lad"

And, thus, these so-called friends started eating Jesus, the alcoholic magician. All except Judas. He was having none of it-in fact he went and reported the crime. He was the only person amongst the group who was actually from the middle east and owned a small shop at the corner Hawthorne Road, and his English wan't that good. He ran to a police station and said "Cannibal. Jesus. Need Help." Of course, the police remembered it was Jesus who stole their horses and said "Ah, so he's gone from theft to cannabalism, has he? We'll see about that." So, they went to arrested Jesus, not thinking that he himself might not actually be the cannibal. They found him out in the garden and brought him in. Judas was standing by, he went to run away when the others saw him, sadly his neck was caught in the swing that was attatched to the tree, and he slipped and he choked to death.

So Jesus was found guilty. That night, mind. No need to hurry it along that quickly. Basically, they just shoved him jail. They let him out for a few hours on Friday so he could participate in a charity race. There was a bunch of people with crosses running for Cancer Reasearch. Jesus got tired halfway through and a little nap on the cross. He woke up to find that some joker had nailed him to it and stood it up straight. He was a little bit miffed. He eventually passed out, the police found him eventually, and just shoved him in a nearby cave, because it was Friday, and they wanted to go down Matthew Street that night. If they took him back they'd have loads of paperwork to do. So they just shoved him in there.

A little known fact about Jesus-he was chlostraphobic. He couldn't handle being stuck inside this little cave. Luckily, he'd been watching "Prison Break" on Channel 5, and used Hooke's Law to get out of there. It was Sunday by the time he got out, and he went to see his so-called friends who tried to eat him. They apologised, but that wasn't enough. He was finished with Liverpool and decided to go and see his dad, who lived with his new wife in Wales. He went into a rehab centre and got over his addiction to alcohol.

A few years ago he changed his name. He called himself after his favourite Charles Dickens Book-David Copperfield. He was going to call himself "Great Expectations", but it didn't have the same ring to it. He carried on doing magic tricks and recently did a dance just because he felt like it.

And that is what really happened.

THE END

Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.

Big Troubles
04-16-2006, 10:37 AM
All moot.

Jesus is a myth.

Correct!

Not to argue with Bob here, but it's Allah you want to praise, not Allan. :D

The teachings of Allah will surprise alot of you. There is more science and philosophy in an Islamic temple than there are religious beliefs. This planet is a gift. Enjoy it.

Big Troubles
04-16-2006, 10:38 AM
a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.

Big Troubles
04-16-2006, 10:38 AM
We do not in any way directly experience or know the character of physical reality. Wetness is a concept invented by consciousness to remember the feeling of liquids.

Big Troubles
04-16-2006, 10:41 AM
1. ISLAM is a religion of peace.
2. ISLAM is a perfect and true religion.
3. ISLAM teaches us all the good things about this world and the hereafter.

Big Troubles
04-16-2006, 10:43 AM
And if joseph gave a shit at all for baby 'Hey-Zeus', he built him a manger. He was a fuckin' carpenter after all. But instead the little shit sleeps on the floor of a dusty, musty, stinky feces filled barn.

Awesome!

guwapo_rocker
04-16-2006, 10:53 AM
Great big Titties!!!!!!

Sorry.....

Big Troubles
04-16-2006, 11:14 AM
I love that woman dancing in your sig. Farkin' yummy!

guwapo_rocker
04-16-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
I love that woman dancing in your sig. Farkin' yummy!

There's 7 just like her waiting for me in heaven.

Lindsay Lohan
04-16-2006, 11:19 AM
OMG, like, who has any time for this religious stuff? Nobody knows for sure what the truth is! Wtf! LOL!

I know I'm horny as fucking shit right now, though! lmao! ;)

Terry
04-16-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
But ALAN is real...

Alan is VERY real.

Make no mistake about it.

His India-ink fur makes him virtually invisible at night. All that can be seen after the sun sets are his fangs, should he choose to bare them, and pity those who have seen them, for they never live to tell the tale. He has slain, but it's not his fault, because, well, after all...he IS a panther.

Resolved: Jesus is a myth.

Resolved: Alan scares me.

bueno bob
04-16-2006, 11:34 AM
Alan is VERY real.

Make no mistake about it.

His India-ink fur makes him virtually invisible at night. All that can be seen after the sun sets are his fangs, should he choose to bare them, and pity those who have seen them, for they never live to tell the tale. He has slain, but it's not his fault, because, well, after all...he IS a panther.

Resolved: Jesus is a myth.

Resolved: Alan scares me.

Grab it, Terry. Grab it again and again. Let the Larg flow through you, and then you will realize that Alan is not a panther to fear...but a panther to love...

:)

Coyote
04-16-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by FORD
You mean "Welcome Back Kotter" reruns never made it to Finland??

http://www.hollywoodteenmovies.com/GalleryTravoltaKotter.jpg
Vinny Barbarino was John Revolta's first real acting job on this mid-70's TV series about a "gang" called the "Sweathogs".

Oh, that guy. I thought he had a leisure suit until 1989 or something... :D

I don't think that "Kotter" was EVER seen out here... Is that a good or bad thing?

Jérôme Frenchise
04-16-2006, 01:08 PM
Now kids nearly all know that Santa Claus doesn't exist wouldn't it be about time to tell their parents about Jesus? :cool:

BigBadBrian
04-16-2006, 01:26 PM
1. ISLAM is a religion of peace.
2. ISLAM is a perfect and true religion.
3. ISLAM teaches us all the good things about this world and the hereafter.

Islam is a crock of crap.

:gulp:

Jérôme Frenchise
04-16-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

The worst of religions. And it says a lot.

Jesus Christ
04-16-2006, 01:52 PM
For those who doubt My existence, thou art wrong.

Jérôme Frenchise
04-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
For those who doubt My existence, thou art wrong.

I'd be ready to believe in you, in a minute... But why are you so enigmatic? Why are you even more difficult to see than a plummer at weekends?
Why don't you play Hyde Park? Why all these mysteries? :confused:

:p

Nitro Express
04-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Jesus was born 5 BC on our calendar. He was suppossed to return in 2000 years to usher in the Milenium and burn the wicked and rapture the righteouse. Where is he? He's a decade late?

Nitro Express
04-16-2006, 02:56 PM
Like Santa Clause, lots of people get rich promoting the image. Funny how the Jesus crowd always wants your money.

The_KiD
04-16-2006, 03:11 PM

I could not agree more.. I read the Flight 93 Hijack Transcript and those fuckers were nuts! They were praising their almighty right up until the end..

All Muslims are not Terrorists but All Terrorists are Muslims.

Derka Derka

KiD

Coyote
04-16-2006, 03:20 PM

They're all the same in the end:

One character to believe in.
You place your faith in his words.
Kill, maim, and all other kinds of shit in his name...

Go Buddha! :D

Jérôme Frenchise
04-16-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Jesus was born 5 BC on our calendar. He was suppossed to return in 2000 years to usher in the Milenium and burn the wicked and rapture the righteouse. Where is he? He's a decade late?

Born 5 BH (before himself :D)?...
I was raised under Catholic principles and read the Bible before rejecting it all. As far as I can remember "He" has never been told to come "back" c. 2000. ;)
"Where is he"? Well, he posts at rotharmy.com, which is a great thing per se, but really surprising for a self-entitled "Saviour"... Unless we are his chosen ones? :D

Originally posted by Nitro Express
Like Santa Clause, lots of people get rich promoting the image. Funny how the Jesus crowd always wants your money.

Jesus loves you...r money maker! :D

sagebrush
04-16-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by The_KiD
I could not agree more.. I read the Flight 93 Hijack Transcript and those fuckers were nuts! They were praising their almighty right up until the end..

Derka Derka

KiD

When i was over seas those bastards tryed to tell me that allah would kill us and how he would kill are our people but at the same time allah could not feed his ? I don't care who you bbelievein but any man that bbelieveshid god wonts you to kill people just because ttheydon't believe like you is fucked up . And by the way allah i made it home after 1 year and 17 days in your land the 1st time and 170 days the next , sorry allah you missed . And any god that tells you to fly a plane in to something cant be much of one !

Big Troubles
04-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Now now.... Allah will not have mercy for those who question him.

"There is none worthy of worship but Allah and I testify that Muhammad is Allah's worshipper and Messenger."

"Glory be to Allah and All praise be to Allah and There is none worthy of worship but Allah and Allah is the greatest and there is no power and might except from Allah. The Most High, The Great."

"There is none worthy of worship but Allah who is alone (and) He has no partner, His is the Kingdom and for Him is all praise, He gives life and causes death, in His hand is all good and He has power over everything."

Big Troubles
04-16-2006, 05:36 PM
Its really just more of a way of life, than just a religion. But yes, there are those who worship Allah and do what THEY believe is what Allah wants.

But there are alot people who like the Islamic teachings that dont fly planes into buildings.

jhale667
04-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by The_KiD

KiD

Unfortunately, NOT true. Were Timothy McVeigh and that Operation Rescue scumbag that blows up abortion clinics Muslim? Thought not.

Now now.... Allah will not have mercy for those who question him.

That's another thing that bugs the shit out of me about organized religion. "Don't DARE question anything we say, lest you burn in eternal hellfire." In other words, LEAVE THE THINKING TO US. WTF is that shit? Faith is NOT about thought control. :mad:

The_KiD
04-16-2006, 07:38 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jhale667
[B]Unfortunately, NOT true. Were Timothy McVeigh and that Operation Rescue scumbag that blows up abortion clinics Muslim? Thought not.

Very Good point, but I was talking about recent and at hand terrorism..

Derka Derka

KiD

fe_lung
04-16-2006, 07:59 PM
19) why do they celebrate 'Easter' on the pagan holiday of 'Ostara' which is the spring solstice and the birth of 'Jesus'(which nobody actually knows when it happened) on the pagan holiday of 'Yule' which is the winter(death) solstice?

Just ask yourself how hard it is to get something declared an official holiday.

In the early days it was easier to tack Christian festivals on to pagan ones. Kind of like "Hey, while you're celebrating you can celebrate this too...." Then over time the Jesus thing takes over the pagan thing and you're all set.

Besides, having the whole easter/resurrection thing alongside the whole spring/renewal thing kind of makes sense.

Most religions are pretty clear that these dates are "observances" as opposed to the actual date. Nobody has a copy of Jesus's day timer.

fe_lung
04-16-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
That's another thing that bugs the shit out of me about organized religion. "Don't DARE question anything we say, lest you burn in eternal hellfire." In other words, LEAVE THE THINKING TO US. WTF is that shit? Faith is NOT about thought control. :mad:

Yes, but in many cases religion is.

jhale667
04-16-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by fe_lung
Yes, but in many cases religion is.

And that's its inherent flaw.

rustoffa
04-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Nothing says conviction like worshiping the big fucker that wants to eat you.

Sundarbans is a tidal forest, a vast mangrove swamp stretching between India and Bangladesh on the Bay of Bengal. Subject to devastating cyclones, it is infested with deadly snakes, crocodiles, sharks and more tigers than any other contiguous tract in the world. Here, tigers stalk and eat humans, about 300 every year. They swim in the sea and leap into boats to grab fishermen, or pounce on honey-gatherers and woodcutters in the forest. Montgomery (Walking With the Great Apes) made three trips to Sundarbans to study the tigers. She obtained firsthand accounts of killings and discovered that the people regard tigers as magic beings-feared but not hated, worshiped but not loved. The tiger god is called Daksin Ray. Montgomery provides a vivid picture of the coastal forest and its people, and takes us on a magical journey where nature, humans and myth coalesce.
Copyright 1995 Reed Business Information, Inc.

Ally_Kat
04-16-2006, 11:46 PM
Correct!

Not to argue with Bob here, but it's Allah you want to praise, not Allan. :D

The teachings of Allah will surprise alot of you. There is more science and philosophy in an Islamic temple than there are religious beliefs. This planet is a gift. Enjoy it.

It's surprising you agree Jesus is a myth, especially when Islam says that Jesus is a very important rabbi/prophet for their faith, just not the Son of God.

And also, Yahweh = God = Allah. Same guy, different ways of interpreting Him.

FORD
04-17-2006, 01:29 AM
**hiccup**

FORD
04-17-2006, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by fe_lung

Besides, having the whole easter/resurrection thing alongside the whole spring/renewal thing kind of makes sense.

Most religions are pretty clear that these dates are "observances" as opposed to the actual date. Nobody has a copy of Jesus's day timer.

It's true that the exact date of Christ's birth is unknown, timeand that Christmas was a "made up observance" incorporating pagan symbols.

But the crucifixion of Jesus Christ definitely took place during the Jewish Passover festival, on the morning before the Sabbath. The "Last Supper" was not just bread and wine, as is portrayed in the Communion ceremony , but a full traditional Passover seder complete with a roast lamb.

So the eggs and bunnies might have been drafted in later, but the timing of Easter goes back to the days of Moses.

Hardrock69
04-17-2006, 01:40 AM
Well actually there was Easter celebration dating back to at least 2,000 B.C.

It was not new...even in the time of Jesus....

FORD
04-17-2006, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Well actually there was Easter celebration dating back to at least 2,000 B.C.

It was not new...even in the time of Jesus....

But was it the same time as the Jewish Passover?

fe_lung
04-17-2006, 09:47 AM

So the eggs and bunnies might have been drafted in later, but the timing of Easter goes back to the days of Moses.

Actually, eggs and bunnies pre-date christianity. It comes from northern european folklore. It's got something to do with kids lost in the woods and the goddess Estre coming in the shape of a rabit and leading them out.

bueno bob
04-17-2006, 12:12 PM
I wonder if I can now get away with dating all of the checks I write 2011?

:confused:

Ally_Kat
04-17-2006, 12:46 PM
It's true that the exact date of Christ's birth is unknown, timeand that Christmas was a "made up observance" incorporating pagan symbols.

But the crucifixion of Jesus Christ definitely took place during the Jewish Passover festival, on the morning before the Sabbath. The "Last Supper" was not just bread and wine, as is portrayed in the Communion ceremony , but a full traditional Passover seder complete with a roast lamb.

Yeah, bunnies and eggs got into the mix when people from pagan religions started converting. It's like how there's an Italian way to celebrate Easter and then there's a Polish way to celebrate Easter, and the traditions pass down generation after generation, changing here and there.

Christmas, though, I believe was placed where it was in coordination with the Winter Solstace to replace their one party with another. Remember a huge part of the early Church was former-Pagans. Just read some of the saints bios. St Hilary of Poiters, one of the 13 doctors of the Church (and not in an ER kind of way) whose writings affected Church Doctrine was a huuuuge Pagan before converting. These were the guys along with people from previous faiths setting forth what we have observance-wise today. It's no surprise that one of Christianity's big observations is set a couple of days after solstace or that both Easter and Christmas today secularly have Pagan elements to it.

Seshmeister
04-17-2006, 02:30 PM
But the crucifixion of Jesus Christ definitely took place during the Jewish Passover festival, on the morning before the Sabbath.

Interesting way to use the word 'definitely'.

How is it definite? Have you any proof or evidence at all outwith the bible text which we have agreed is a flawed inaccurate book.

FORD
04-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Interesting way to use the word 'definitely'.

How is it definite? Have you any proof or evidence at all outwith the bible text which we have agreed is a flawed inaccurate book.

My argument is that the events as described took place during Passover week, as evidenced by Jesus and the 12 Disciples sharing the traditional Passover Seder, and the custom of Pilate releasing one Jewish prisoner, which was only done during Passover.

If you want to argue that the crucifixion never took place at all, that's an entirely different matter. But assuming they did, then it was clearly during Passover week.

Big Troubles
04-17-2006, 05:43 PM
It's surprising you agree Jesus is a myth, especially when Islam says that Jesus is a very important rabbi/prophet for their faith, just not the Son of God.

And also, Yahweh = God = Allah. Same guy, different ways of interpreting Him.

Correction... And I normally dont correct you Ally... I was agreeing with the myth that has become Jesus. Im sure there was a guy named Jesus. And for sure played a very important role. Not the water to wine kind, but still...Significant enough. Son of God? No. In fact his name was prolly pronounced "HeyZeus" and wore the fanciest shoes you've ever seen.

I need to be clear here. Im more atheist than anything else. I believe in me. The here and the now. I believe in alot of what the same things the muslims happen to believe W/O worshiping Al-lah.

jhale667
SUPPOSEDLY, there are Roman records of executions that verify someone named "Jesus" was executed about that time...

Big Troubles
Science and philosophy.... wot a combination.

Big Troubles
04-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
SUPPOSEDLY, there are Roman records of executions that verify someone named "Jesus" was executed about that time...

but what does prove though? Im sure there were alot of ppl executed with various names.... still are.

Big Troubles
04-17-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by sagebrush
When i was over seas those bastards tryed to tell me that allah would kill us and how he would kill are our people but at the same time allah could not feed his ? I don't care who you bbelievein but any man that bbelieveshid god wonts you to kill people just because ttheydon't believe like you is fucked up . And by the way allah i made it home after 1 year and 17 days in your land the 1st time and 170 days the next , sorry allah you missed . And any god that tells you to fly a plane in to something cant be much of one !

God apparently told George W. Bush to kill thousands of sand dwellers.
In fact didn't George have support from the Bill Graham? Everyones "God" has an agenda. My God allows me to smoke weed in moderation, drink beers in moderation and have sex...alot. What does your God say to you?

Ally_Kat
04-17-2006, 07:32 PM
God apparently told George W. Bush to kill thousands of sand dwellers.
In fact didn't George have support from the Bill Graham? Everyones "God" has an agenda. My God allows me to smoke weed in moderation, drink beers in moderation and have sex...alot. What does your God say to you?

But that politicizing God. What God wants is, for the most part, clear. It's right there in His book.

And as for the Muslims, you mean are on the same wavelength that they used to be centuries ago. They used to be about science and mathmatics with a lot of advances in the fields attributed to them. But that was centuries ago before they got caught up in mysticism, too.