PDA

View Full Version : Nothin' like toe surgury



DeadOrAlive
04-14-2006, 04:01 AM
Ok so yesterday I had to get surgury done on my toe. I had a bi-lateral ingrown toenail with and severe infection.

I got this last summer, when I was at the beach and I stepped on a stingray, who's tail whipped back and stung the shit outta my toenail.

6 months later, and after following doctor's orders, it got worse (how gross.) So then I finally got signed to a pediatrist, and he ripped that sucker off my toe. Only thing that hurt were the 20CC's of numbing juice that came from a fatty surenge.

Didn't get to see the damage done until today, when I unrapped to find the fucking disgusting mess. It looks gross, but feels so better.

Why am I sharing this? Because it's fucking gross.

Pictures anybody?

Dan
04-14-2006, 04:58 AM
Going Gross us out.

Romeo Delight
04-14-2006, 05:07 AM
I can beat this story.

I too had an ingrown toenail, but the doctor who took mine out had expired local anaethestic or something.


There I was in the local family clinic, screaming my head off telling him to please stop.

He had the nerve to tell me to be quiet.

Unbelievable...this was a long time ago and he went bankrupt less than a year after that, probably from a malpractice suit.

RuzDNailz
04-14-2006, 05:21 AM
Ingrown toenails also happen if yor toe gets runover by something heavy. Mine, for example, was pretty minor and it just needed to be jabbed with a needle and a bath in epsom salts. Thats my advice to anyone with a minor toe infection...yeah, the water is hot and burns like a bitch but it's worth it!

Douglas T.
04-14-2006, 09:00 AM
I once had dentil braces and was jumping on the trampoline! A friend thought it would be funny to grab my feet and help me launch into a double backflip! The plan was to do it on the third bounce! She grabbed my feet on the second bounce thus causing me to hit my face with my knee. This impaled my two front teeth into my nose with braces attached. Ouch!
Had an ingrown toenail once too ... I feel for you!

ThrillsNSpills
04-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Sometimes you have to just get out the needlenosed pliers and rip that sucker out by the roots.

the blood and pus will run its course

FORD
04-14-2006, 04:30 PM
I had ingrown toenails in both of my big toes when I was a teenager. It had gotten so bad that the fucked up nails were growing out through the skin, and were constantly infected.

Putting on shoes was torture. I'd try to cut the damn things and rip out the mutant part myself, but it would just grow back.

Eventually I had to go to the podiatrist. After sticking a 4 inch long needle inbetween the joints of my toes to deaden it, he hacked up both toenails so only about the middle third of each nail remained.

It hurt like Hell for a few days, and was ugly until it healed, but I've never had another infection in either one.

In the end, it's worth it.

Douglas T.
04-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Another thing that hurts ... and I say this from experience ... stepping on a red hot charchoal hard enough that melts its way to the bone of your bare foot! Ohh the pain! Took what seemed like a lifetime to get it loose from my foot too! Still nothing compared to those who get in car accidents and what not! I count my blessings there! Only about 15 accidents and no real injuries! But truly HANG NAILS are never any fun!

DeadOrAlive
04-15-2006, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by FORD
I had ingrown toenails in both of my big toes when I was a teenager. It had gotten so bad that the fucked up nails were growing out through the skin, and were constantly infected.

Putting on shoes was torture. I'd try to cut the damn things and rip out the mutant part myself, but it would just grow back.

Eventually I had to go to the podiatrist. After sticking a 4 inch long needle inbetween the joints of my toes to deaden it, he hacked up both toenails so only about the middle third of each nail remained.

It hurt like Hell for a few days, and was ugly until it healed, but I've never had another infection in either one.

In the end, it's worth it.

Pretty much explains me. Except the pain isn't bad at all, exept the damn 20CC's of numbing fluids

ashstralia
04-15-2006, 06:22 AM
aah, you guys are wusses.

i've regularly operated on
me own ingrown toenails.


i'd love to try home dentistry, too!

Dan
04-15-2006, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by ashstralia
aah, you guys are wusses.

i've regularly operated on
me own ingrown toenails.


i'd love to try home dentistry, too!

Is that after a couple of VB's?

ashstralia
04-15-2006, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Dan
Is that after a couple of VB's?

hahahah! no, dan!

you need to be able to feel the blade.

Douglas T.
04-15-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by ashstralia
aah, you guys are wusses.

i've regularly operated on
me own ingrown toenails.


i'd love to try home dentistry, too!

Are you the guy from the WOLF CREEK movie?

blonddgirl777
04-15-2006, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by RuzDNailz
Ingrown toenails also happen if yor toe gets runover by something heavy....

Tell me about it!

X-Mas party 2004 (at Franksters), I decide to take off my excrutiating stilletos, so I can dance the night away like the crazy maniac I am...
Suddenly, a friend (6'3", 200 lbs) accidently steps on my big toe...
OUCH!!!
All I could think about was this ingrown nail shit, no painted toe nails in the summer, no sandals... no nail at all!
How gross!

I put back the shoes and suffered...
Trust me, I will never take them off, dancing around a bunch of drunks (on VH), at a party!

I got lucky... my nail just turned blue for a while and everything was fine after a couple months.

ashstralia
04-15-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Douglas T.
Are you the guy from the WOLF CREEK movie?

heheh , no.

i can hook you up with an autographed dvd, though. ;)

Douglas T.
04-15-2006, 05:24 PM
^That's cool! Pretty crazy movie! Australia is where I would move if I wuz to ditch the U.S.!

Nickdfresh
04-15-2006, 06:46 PM
My aunt works for a podiatrist...

One of his surgeries involved a guy that was walking on a beach on vacation, in shallow water on a sand bar. He felt some thing sharp and realized that he had stepped on a broken bottle severally cutting open his foot. Walking back to shore, he realized that he had stepped on something else that had also caused him great pain. But he managed to hobble to shore battling the excruciating pain, his foot was bandaged up and his vacation was at an unfortuitous early close.

He got home, and this podiatrist began seeing him, he recleaned the wound, took x-rays, and sewed up the foot. The problem was that the guy acquired a severe infection causing his foot to blow up to a hideously large proportion, so he came back and the doctor prescribed antibiotics. The swelling went down, but the foot ballooned up as soon as the cycle ended. Seeing nothing on the x-ray, the podiatrist went into the guy's foot to lance it as it became the repository of much puss. As he cut, gobs of puss flowed out, and then he began to look around the wound.

He found a crab leg!!! Apparently, the guy had stepped on a crab after cutting his foot, and ripped off one of the crab's legs, which then became embedded in his foot. Needless to say, the infection went away after the crab's limb was pulled out...

True story...
http://www.foodsubs.com/Photos/crab-jonah.jpg

FORD
04-15-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
My aunt works for a podiatrist...

One of his surgeries involved a guy that was walking on a beach on vacation, in shallow water on a sand bar. He felt some thing sharp and realized that he had stepped on a broken bottle severally cutting open his foot. Walking back to shore, he realized that he had stepped on something else that had also caused him great pain. But he managed to hobble to shore battling the excruciating pain, his foot was bandaged up and his vacation was at an unfortuitous early close.

He got home, and this podiatrist began seeing him, he recleaned the wound, took x-rays, and sewed up the foot. The problem was that the guy acquired a severe infection causing his foot to blow up to a hideously large proportion, so he came back and the doctor prescribed antibiotics. The swelling went down, but the foot ballooned up as soon as the cycle ended. Seeing nothing on the x-ray, the podiatrist went into the guy's foot to lance it as it became the repository of much puss. As he cut, gobs of puss flowed out, and then he began to look around the wound.

He found a crab leg!!! Apparently, the guy had stepped on a crab after cutting his foot, and ripped off one of the crab's legs, which then became embedded in his foot. Needless to say, the infection went away after the crab's limb was pulled out...

True story...
http://www.foodsubs.com/Photos/crab-jonah.jpg

Ouch!

Be interesting to follow up on that guy and see if he's now allergic to shellfish. I'd guess he'd almost have to be, if his system had a number of weeks to build up antibodies.

I'd also guess the guy probably doesn't go in the water barefoot anymore.

sagebrush
04-16-2006, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by DeadOrAlive
Ok so yesterday I had to get surgury done on my toe. I had a bi-lateral ingrown toenail with and severe infection.

I got this last summer, when I was at the beach and I stepped on a stingray, who's tail whipped back and stung the shit outta my toenail.

6 months later, and after following doctor's orders, it got worse (how gross.) So then I finally got signed to a pediatrist, and he ripped that sucker off my toe. Only thing that hurt were the 20CC's of numbing juice that came from a fatty surenge.

Didn't get to see the damage done until today, when I unrapped to find the fucking disgusting mess. It looks gross, but feels so better.

Why am I sharing this? Because it's fucking gross.

Pictures anybody?

Well i know all about it . I have dropped shit on my steeltoe boots (and believe it or not steeltoes don't help) and smash the shit out of my toe. And i to like to cut and pull myself and it works good for a bit . I did have to go to the doctor once and he burned it off . It looked like a lazer gun and no he did not hit me with the numbing stuff . And it was a bitch putting my boots on everyday .

DeadOrAlive
04-16-2006, 06:11 AM
AHHH DAMN. NickD and Sagebrush, you guys are killing me. Jesus, how painful.

I'm still lucky because the only thing that has hurt so far were just the shots, and the healing is doing fine. Just about no pain at all, call me lucky

Susie Q
04-16-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by RuzDNailz
Ingrown toenails also happen if yor toe gets runover by something heavy. Mine, for example, was pretty minor and it just needed to be jabbed with a needle and a bath in epsom salts. Thats my advice to anyone with a minor toe infection...yeah, the water is hot and burns like a bitch but it's worth it!

I know about the ingrown toenail experience as well. When my oldest daughter would get mad she would STOMP on my damn foot. Jesus I hated that!! I ended up having two shots of local anesthesia in my toe and partial nail removed because of it. It's back to normal now. Thank God she grew out of that temper tantrum stage!!