PDA

View Full Version : The POJO Dojo--The Good Friday Edition

POJO_Risin
04-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Had a lot on the old noggin, and couldn't make 1 big blog out of any 1 topic...so just made one big blog about ALL of it...

Check it all out here. (http://www.fantasyoutlaws.com/blog/2006/04/random-musings-from-pojo.asp#links)

Of course...as always...a special thanks goes out to The Fantasy Outlaws (www.fantasyoutlaws.com), for sponsoring my blog.

Va Beach VH Fan
04-14-2006, 09:17 PM
Once again, a good read...

You're hockey rant, considering your recent disdain, was refreshing...

Have you actually been to a Canes game this year ???

And by the way, I can't believe you misspelled Lemieux's name....

POJO_Risin
04-14-2006, 09:24 PM
Yes I have...2 now...but again...with 2 people working, and 2 wee little ones...and now living 40 minutes away...

it's out of convenience now than anything else...or I'd be to my normal 10 or so games...

and you misstate my "disdain" for hockey...

I have disdain for a lot of the participants...

but not the game...

it is...undoubtedly...in a better place than it has been...for me anyways...since the late 80's and early 90's...my heydey of hockey...for obvious reasons...

How will that translate on TV though?

I don't know...and don't think we'll know for another 5-10 years...

thanks for the props VA...as always...

and it's not the first, nor last time I'll mispell Lemieux...I have Roethlisberger down though...I think...or is there a U in there...;)

Va Beach VH Fan
04-14-2006, 09:39 PM
LOL, try living 200 miles from the rink...

Of course, for some people, it's thousands of miles....

That's why I jump on tickets the 1st day they're on sale, I gotta make plans around those dates...

Unless some playoff tickets happen to come my way.... ;)

POJO_Risin
04-14-2006, 09:50 PM
Don't worry...if I get them...you'll be the first to know...

Romeo Delight
04-15-2006, 02:29 AM
I watched Tiger, sitting there with Lefty.

The look on his face, like he'd just shot some cut-rate tequlia and found out Elin has just disappeared with Fred Couples.

POJO_Risin
04-15-2006, 02:34 AM
I almost pissed my pants I was laughing so hard...

I just can't stand when Tiger talks...no matter who he's talking about or too...he's using some nickname for them...like he's best buds with them, when you know he has nothing to do with anyone on tour but the guys that kiss his ass...like fucking O'Meara...

"Yeah, Philer hit a great shot..."

"I told Stevie to ignore it..."

"I enjoy playing with Fredie..."

"Elsy has a great swing..."

it's fucking maddening...

and when the fucking idiot has the audacity to win and say he had his fucking B game...or didn't have his A game...

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU CUNTBAG!!!

Romeo Delight
04-15-2006, 02:38 AM
You forgot:

"So Tiger, how are you going to do today with the unpredictable weather?"

"I...like...my ...chances"

ALinChainz
04-15-2006, 02:48 AM
The Sporting News is predicting Carolina taking the Cup ...

Ovechkin had a super year ... the slight edge over Corsby in my eyes ...

And the thing about Favre ... lmao.

POJO_Risin
04-15-2006, 02:53 AM
If Carolina doesn't have Eric Cole, there's no way...

if they get Cole...that makes their third line as good as most first lines...

I worry about Gerber in the playoffs...

we'll see...

ALinChainz
04-15-2006, 03:04 AM
It'll have to go through Hockeytown ... where they'll see the PRESIDENT'S TROPHY ...

GO WINGS!

POJO_Risin
04-15-2006, 03:06 AM
Lord Stanley's Cup was right here in Raleigh tonight...

ALinChainz
04-15-2006, 03:10 AM
Looking forward to playoffs in both NHL and NBA ... have had enough regular season ... now the games really mean something ... although I dont mind some of the races for the final spots.

POJO_Risin
04-15-2006, 03:16 AM
I'm ready for the hockey season to just get on with it...although the Canes battle for first place in the East has been a bit of fun...back and forth with Ottawa...

big shootout win tonight...

NBA...I don't care when it starts as long as Cleveland has Lebron...

ALinChainz
04-15-2006, 03:20 AM
No doubt ... want LeBron in there ... no sense in Cleveland even being there without him.

Va Beach VH Fan
04-15-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
The Sporting News is predicting Carolina taking the Cup ...

Ovechkin had a super year ... the slight edge over Corsby in my eyes ...

And the thing about Favre ... lmao.

Actually, it's that dingbat female columnist from the Sporting News that's predicting the Canes...

Not that I don't think the Canes don't have a shot, but she's a dunce most of the time...

And grudgingly, I still have to think Ovechkin has a VERY slight edge for the Calder.... Sid is on a mission though, he's only 5 points back now with 3 games to go....

You guys would have to watch this kid play on a nightly basis to fully understand...

Poj, early in the year, Sid was doing his best Jan Hrdina impression, meaning he hardly EVER shot the puck, he was always looking pass first, which still got him SOME points, because he's such a great passer....

But in the last couple months, he's turned it up a couple of notches, looking much more for the shot.... 17 points in the last 7 games....

Romeo Delight
04-16-2006, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
although I dont mind some of the races for the final spots.

I thought it was a stupid idea at the beginning of the season.

I'm still not happy with it, we should see other conferences more.

But, having the last month or so within the conference is a great idea for seedings and playoff eliminations.

I always hated those games where other teams gave it away because they were mean nothing games. No more. I will give Bettman credit for this.

guwapo_rocker
04-16-2006, 08:31 AM
GO LEAFS GO!!

Oh wait.............shit!

POJO_Risin
04-16-2006, 02:32 PM
Yo...Va...I've been paying attention...although not watching the games...

but have seen enough on the Penguins' boards to know that there was some fan frustration earlier in the year about Crosby's choices...

but as cocky as he is...you'd have to think that ANY 17/18 year old would defer to the older guys. Once it became apparent that he was the best player on the team...and once Lemieux was officially gone...I think Crosby just figured what the hell...nobody else is doing it...

IMO...Crosby will turn into the better player...if he isn't already...but Ovechkin will win it this year...

who will win more MVP's? That's a different story altogether...

Va Beach VH Fan
04-16-2006, 04:19 PM
That's pretty much an accurate assessment....

And in much the same way that Lemieux did (remember Rob Young), he's making his linemates a helluva lot better...

Both linemates (Armstrong and Hilbert) were on waivers this year, but you won't be seeing that again....

And as for MVP, sure, goal scorers will always be favorites over playmakers....

POJO_Risin
04-16-2006, 04:31 PM
Not playmakers that ARE goal scorers...;)