PDA

View Full Version : Fire Vince Neil and Bring back John Corabi!!!

WARF
04-16-2006, 02:22 PM
After the first two Motley Crue albums, they went downhill.
Bring back John Corabi!!!
He was wicked!
Vince Neil had limited vocal range and a whiny voice from day one... now he's a fat drunk drving bastard... with even less of a voice.

I WANT A JOHN CORABI REUNION!!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1nEgVEvOcjk"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1nEgVEvOcjk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Douglas T.
04-16-2006, 05:56 PM
yep! Hooligans Holiday Part 2 would rock!

Gringo
04-16-2006, 06:07 PM
Hooligan's Holiday rocked! Poison Apples from the same album used to be me and my friends drinking song at the time it came out- and still is at our "once a year" summer-bbq! :-)

John Corabi is a way better singer for sure!

Didn't he sing in a band called The Scream before he joined Motley Crue? Or was it afterwards?

WARF
04-16-2006, 06:40 PM
Corabi was in the scream from 1989-91.

Douglas T.
04-16-2006, 08:48 PM
Poison Apples is my favorite Corabi Crue song!

Douglas T.
04-16-2006, 08:49 PM
The Hooligans Holiday extended remix is cool too!

Terry
04-16-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by WARF
After the first two Motley Crue albums, they went downhill.
Bring back John Corabi!!!
He was wicked!
Vince Neil had limited vocal range and a whiny voice from day one... now he's a fat drunk drving bastard... with even less of a voice.

I WANT A JOHN CORABI REUNION!!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1nEgVEvOcjk"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1nEgVEvOcjk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Have to agree with that, in terms of the Crue sucking big fucking time after the first two albums, and Neil being a horrible singer to boot.

But the Crue has decided to go the nostalgia route, putting out a few subpar new tracks on greatest hits albums as an excuse to go out on tour, and they can only mine the nostalgia dollar with Neil there, so I don't see Corabi coming back anytime soon.

Last time I had any use for the Crue was in early 1984, when I saw them open for Ozzy and mop the floor with him. After Shout At The Devil, these guys were just another spandexed, hair-sprayed glam metal band pumping out power ballads for chicks.

PumpedUpMidget
04-16-2006, 10:11 PM
Who is Motley Crue?!?!? Other than one of the sorriest 'metal' bands this side of Def Leppard or Great White.

WARF
04-16-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Have to agree with that, in terms of the Crue sucking big fucking time after the first two albums, and Neil being a horrible singer to boot.

But the Crue has decided to go the nostalgia route, putting out a few subpar new tracks on greatest hits albums as an excuse to go out on tour, and they can only mine the nostalgia dollar with Neil there, so I don't see Corabi coming back anytime soon.

Last time I had any use for the Crue was in early 1984, when I saw them open for Ozzy and mop the floor with him. After Shout At The Devil, these guys were just another spandexed, hair-sprayed glam metal band pumping out power ballads for chicks.

They were a good bar band, who caught a lucky break.
That was it!
It's sad watching Vince Neil get all fat and bloated... and do the chicken dance! LOL
I could pick out a few gems after "Shout At The Devil".
Wild Side
Smokin' In The Boys Room
Dr. Feelgood
Primal Scream
a few more...

Vince Neil sounds like shit.

The best thing about the band is Tommy Lee who is way underated as a drummer.

jhale667
04-16-2006, 11:22 PM
The problem with that CD is was that it was SO good it's not even a Motley Crue album...they seriously should have changed the name and never looked back...

The breakdown before the solo in that tune is fucking BRUTAL.

WARF
04-16-2006, 11:30 PM
Good idea... sorta like Velvet Revolver did.

Douglas T.
04-17-2006, 08:30 AM
DT snaps a few of JON with RATT in 2000!

Douglas T.
04-17-2006, 08:36 AM
:D

sadaist
04-17-2006, 08:43 AM
John Corabi is a professional band killer. First Crue and now Ratt. He is the Vivian Campbell of singers.

Douglas T.
04-17-2006, 09:06 AM
Actually it was JIZZY PEARL on vocals with RATT in 2000! JC just played rhythm guitar!

sadaist
04-17-2006, 09:24 AM
Who was the bass player at the time? I know Juan left, but no idea who the new guy is. He was also with them after their last album & tour with Pearcy. Actually a decent album. But there are some serious grudges with those guys. Read Pearcy's website.

Douglas T.
04-17-2006, 09:30 AM
Ironically Robbie Crane from the Vince Neil band! I think VINCE blew the crew away with CARVED IN STONE! Someone try to tell me that MARS is better than STEVENS ... NOT!

Douglas T.
04-17-2006, 09:34 AM
JIZZY is the VIVIAN of singers!
LOVE HATE
LA GUNS
RATT
... I'm sure there is more!

Dave's Bitch
04-17-2006, 11:20 AM
VINCE NEIL RULES.he is a great singer.i saw Crue live on the Red WHite n Crue tour and Vince was amazing

sadaist
04-17-2006, 11:21 AM
They shouldn't even call it Ratt. It was always Pearcy's band. I still don't understand how they won and got to keep the name from him.

sadaist
04-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
VINCE NEIL RULES.he is a great singer.i saw Crue live on the Red WHite n Crue tour and Vince was amazing

I have always liked Vince. What if...
instead of getting Gary Cherone, VH got Vince? He was available at the time. He would have done it. Already has a ton of fans. People have heard of him. He even could have pulled off some of the old songs. And he is a lot better than Gary. Maybe we could have had something.

Dave's Bitch
04-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by sadaist
I have always liked Vince. What if...
instead of getting Gary Cherone, VH got Vince? He was available at the time. He would have done it. Already has a ton of fans. People have heard of him. He even could have pulled off some of the old songs. And he is a lot better than Gary. Maybe we could have had something.

now that would have been a GREAT idea.Vince would have fit in great,he has a good voice and is a good frontman.i would have loved to hear something with Vince and EVH

DlocRoth
04-17-2006, 11:34 AM
slow down now........

WARF
04-17-2006, 01:02 PM
Jesus Christ are you fuckers smokin crack?
EVH and Vince?
Vince in VH?

LMAO!
What a joke!!

Hollywood Jesus
04-17-2006, 01:12 PM
The Crue's Corabi CD is easily my favorite of theirs, and I like Vince Neil. Just threw the CD back in the changer yesterday afternoon. The guitar work on this opus is something fierce!

Dave's Bitch
04-17-2006, 01:20 PM
Jesus Christ are you fuckers smokin crack?
EVH and Vince?
Vince in VH?

LMAO!
What a joke!!

this is a band that had sammy hagar fronting it,and you are saying vince would be a joke....

WARF
04-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Why don't VH hire AXL rose next too? :)

Terry
04-17-2006, 03:26 PM
this is a band that had sammy hagar fronting it,and you are saying vince would be a joke....

Vince is even more of a no-talent than Hagar.

'Bout the only thing those two could do well is MAYBE compete in the Glutton Bowl.

Tommy Lee WAS a good, solid hard rock drummer, no doubt.

Dirty Duck
04-17-2006, 04:45 PM
How funny? I did a thread awhile back on MOTLEY CRUE with John and I got nothing but shit for it. Fuckin A...I would love to hear a new album. I actually re-bought it about a month ago cause it was the CRUCIAL CRUE edition and it had 4 xtra tracks. The album is a cult classic hands down. The vocals are amazing.....and shit...tommy's drums? Stellar. Especially on POISON APPLES and DEATH DO US PART. I hope more people will buy the album for the hell of it. Guy's you can get it for about $5.00 at any used store. C'mon you cheap bastards....go to your nearest music spot and groove to something new will ya!!!!!

Dirty Duck
04-17-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Vince is even more of a no-talent than Hagar.

'Bout the only thing those two could do well is MAYBE compete in the Glutton Bowl.

Tommy Lee WAS a good, solid hard rock drummer, no doubt.

I disagree completely. Don't get me wrong...John is amazing..I love his vocals. But comparing Vince to Hagar? C'mon man...that's low. That's some "I got beef with Vince shit". You have every right to your opinion but I caught Vince last year with the CRUE at the Garden and his vocals were stellar. All high notes with no problems. I may not like him as a person...but as a frontman he's got my vote. Now Sammy on the other hand.....

SNIPER
04-17-2006, 05:05 PM
My band Midline played two dates with Motley in 99, in fact it was the last two shows before Tommy bailed. Anyway Vince had to run behind the stage to take hits off of an O2 tank and mask all night long. And all the High vocals you hear are from the crowd. But I still like the Crue. They are old school classic.

stringfelowhawk
04-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Well, here is another thread I feel the need to drop my two dead "Lincoln's."

I was willing to give the Crue a chance with J.C. I tried and to be fair it didn't feel right but I could dig "Misunderstood" and "Hooligans Holiday". Those two used to get decent play when it came out. I have to be honest though. I didn't buy the album. I got it for free from Columbia House. They got me with that 12 free just paying shipping and handling deal they still run. I needed one last album to round out my free ones and figured WTF?

Am I the only one who thinks he looked alot like Steve Vai circa late 80's in that video?

I won't pretend though. I can't help but love the Dr. Feelgood album. My girlfriend at the time loved that shit and when it played I got lucky. Actually it was that album and Green Jello before they dropped the o for the y. Don't ask me how I remember that. I still laugh when I think about "Cereal Killer" and the song that goes, "you wanna pet snakey. come on and pet snakey." I know, I know but if you got tail at 14 like I did you wouldn't give a shit if it was to Marvin Gaye or The Boston Symphony so don't play like you would.
And I don't think the single of the same name from that album is a bad song. Hell, every time it comes on I turn it up. That fukn chugin beat makes me. I don't even think about it and lyrically it's not a bad song. Is it "Yankee Rose"? Of course not but it's a universally accepted song along the lines of CVH. You will not be berated for crankin it at a public place. Unless you're on Crenshaw. In that case you're on your own.

Mr. Vengeance
04-17-2006, 06:00 PM
A) Motley Crue was not a great album. Corabi did nothing to make me forget Vince, and that's why Vince was brought back.

B) RATT with Corabi and Pearl is an abortion that no one wants to hear either- thus explaining why they don't record and they play small/medium sized venues, often with novelty 80's metal tours.

When will these bands learn that they need to have the originals. And most importantly the vocalist? If you can't get them or if some of them die, do something else.

Very few bands have been able to do it and be successful. AC/DC, Iron Maiden (once) Black Sabbath ( Dio. Gillan's album was great but hardly succesful) to name a few.

Dave's Bitch
04-17-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
A) Motley Crue was not a great album. Corabi did nothing to make me forget Vince, and that's why Vince was brought back.

thats what i feel aswell.i liked the album,i have it.but its just not as good as Vince stuff

Fairwrning
04-17-2006, 06:16 PM
I listen to this one all the way thru..sometimes skipping "Driftaway"..one of the most underrated albums EVER...:killer:

sadaist
04-17-2006, 10:24 PM
I loved the Crue. Especially Shout and Theater, but not quite as much the later stuff. But when Vince left, it wasn't crue anymore. I couldn't even buy the album. Regardless of how good it is, it shouldn't be called Crue. And as for me asking what if Vince were in VH after Sammy. Man, dude wouldn't have virtually killed them like Gary Cherone. Vince instead of Dave? No way. But instead of Cherone? Might have been cool.

Vince had a period where he was fat. But damn, how many of us haven't put on some weight? (Eddie not included...freakin crackhead).

I really dig Vince. He seems really geniune. After his daughter died, I gave him a lot of slack. Our heros can't stay the same forever. (I'll bet if you ask them our heros would say, hey, we're already gone)

Vinnie Velvet
04-19-2006, 08:50 AM
Excellent album -- all around.

Corabi's vocals rock.

I liked Motley around Shout at the Devil time and then they started doing sappy, almost Bon Jovi-esh type of crap (although Dr. Feelgood remains a great album).

I completely lost interest until Vince was booted and they brought in John.

Problem is, as someone alreayd mentioned, is that they shouldn't have called themselves 'Motley Crue'. If they didn't, I'd see that band put out a few more albums.

mako_kimura
04-22-2006, 01:50 AM
I agree with ya 100%, sadaist. Ya really hit the nail on the head with this one. And plus, all the replacements in Ratt suck ASS. Robbie Crane is a poor excuse for a bassist, John Corabi shouldn't be allowed to play guitar, and Jizzy sounds like shit. I just find this funny cause this is the same dude who wants Pete Willis in Def Leppard, when there's probably a ton of people who wish Steve Clark was still alive

MERRYKISSMASS2U
04-22-2006, 06:16 PM

Why don't VH hire AXL rose next too? :)

AXL Rose with Vh would kick ass. And the Red White and Crue tour was awesome! What was with those cartoons?

Bill Lumbergh
04-23-2006, 02:56 AM
Vince has a "great" voice? LMFAO!

sadaist
04-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Vince has a "great" voice? LMFAO!

Vince great? No. Roth a great voice? No. Pearcy, Joe Elliot, Brian Johnson, Ozzy? No. If you want a GREAT voice, listen to Stevie Wonder or Andrea Bocelli. But these guys are all unique and bring a certain flavor to their band. Once a band establishes themselves a particular way, they shouldn't change without changing the name. It's not the same. It's like putting RC Cola in a Coke can. It just isn't the same once you get a taste. You crave the real thing.

Terry
05-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Dirty Duck
I disagree completely. Don't get me wrong...John is amazing..I love his vocals. But comparing Vince to Hagar? C'mon man...that's low. That's some "I got beef with Vince shit". You have every right to your opinion but I caught Vince last year with the CRUE at the Garden and his vocals were stellar. All high notes with no problems. I may not like him as a person...but as a frontman he's got my vote. Now Sammy on the other hand.....

Well, with Hagar at least the guy wrote the majority of the tunes he sung. Crues best stuff was written by Nikki Sixx. So that's one strike against him right there (can't believe I'm sticking up for Hagar...e-fucking-GAD!)

Not quibbling with you at all, DD, 'cause I dig what you have to say, but Neil just plain irritates me as a singer. Always has. Had a whiny 14 year old girls voice early on (which seemed to work for Too Fast For Love, but even on Shout At The Devil Neil was clearly struggling to hit and sustain notes, though at least he was trying), which devolved as time went on. He's got no range.

I mean, Tommy Lee can lock into a groove, no doubt. Sixx had a few good ideas back in the day, and Mick Mars was, well, Mick Mars (who, much like C.C. DeVille, I can't help but liking even though he's a hack), but Neil has always been the weakest link in the Crue for me; and even though Neil is the frontman for the Crue, I'd be willing to bet Tommy Lee has a higher profile in terms of public recognition factor (how many other rock bands can you point to and say the drummer gets more attention than the singer? kinda tells you something about Neil, eh?)

Terry
05-12-2006, 11:09 PM
Far as Ratt with Jizzy on vocals, I totally agree that once-huge bands who continue to tour with one or two original members (Ratt, Skynyrd, The Who) just shouldn't. It's pretty insulting.

But, in the case of Ratt:

1) Pearcy is just all done.

2) Jizzy walks all over Pearcy in terms of energy and vocals these days, live-wise. Yeah, Pearcy was the original singer, but he can't even hit the few high notes he used to be able to in the 1980s anymore.

3) If I were in Blotzer and DeMartini's shoes, am I gonna form a new band and call it something else, and know from the get-go that I'm gonna get ZERO chances for a record deal and play to virtually nobody, or am I gonna keep the Ratt name and play to five thou or so a night, make some decent bank and do it with a singer who actually makes an effort (it's not like bringing Pearcy back is gonna start packing them in again anymore - it's kinda like what someone said about KISS 2004, along the lines of throwing a keg party, and at the end of the night there's always 4 or 5 guys sitting around the kitchen table still playing Quarters at Five AM after everyone else has left; KISS, Ratt and the like are those guys sitting around the table, not realizing the party is over).

flatout24
11-19-2009, 06:01 PM
Okay I'll play along. Here's my preferences as demented as it may sound:

Hagar over Roth 100% of the time, I could never stand old VH (sorry)

Corabi over Neil Motely Crue kicked butt with John behind the wheel vs. Vince's whinny voice

Brian Johnson over Bon Scott

Paul Rogers over Brian Howe

Ronnie Jame Dio over Ozzy

Kiss w/Bruce Kulick Or Tommy Thayer over Ace Fehley
Kiss w/Eric Singer or Eric Carr over Peter Criss

Speaking of Kiss, am I the only one who thinks Sonic Boom blows? As a matter of fact, they haven't done anything decent in my opinion since Carnival of Souls or parts of Revenge otherwise Creatures was probably their best front to back album. They need to hire someone to write for them!

Anonymous
11-19-2009, 06:07 PM

Then just what the fuck are you doing here?

Did the name of the site mislead you into thinking we kinda like & tolerate Hagar in Van Halen?

Cheers! :bottle:

sadaist
11-19-2009, 06:53 PM

Don't be sorry. The ear likes what it likes. There is nothing wrong with you enjoying one music type of another. However, you are definitely at the wrong fan site.

FORD
11-19-2009, 06:56 PM

Corabi over Neil Motely Crue kicked butt with John behind the wheel vs. Vince's whinny voice

Well, you got one out of 6 right anyway. Brian Howe was a complete joke. And the Ozzy/Dio thing? Loved Sabbath with both, considered it two different bands.

Other than that, you're fucking crazy, and if you're a Chedhead, go back to Chickenshit Links.

Terry
11-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Well, you got one out of 6 right anyway. Brian Howe was a complete joke. And the Ozzy/Dio thing? Loved Sabbath with both, considered it two different bands.

Other than that, you're fucking crazy, and if you're a Chedhead, go back to Chickenshit Links.

Yeah!!:fufu:

Hardrock69
11-19-2009, 09:25 PM
When Crue came out, I was still a young lad in my 20s. Not so jaded.

Last time I saw them was 1989 in Kansas City. Mick Mars turned in the single worst guitar solo I have ever seen come out of an arena headliner.

It was then that I realized how much they sucked.

Since then, any time I hear Vince Neils whiny fucking voice, I want to vomit.

He fucking sucks.

Fuck those motherfuckers.

flatout24
11-20-2009, 09:26 AM

I knew that'd get a rise out of you guys but WOW. Yeah, I know it's the DD Army but this thread looked interesting!

In all seriousness I think alot of it has to do with age & maturity level. With DD, I was young & it sounded cool as hell but when Sammy arrived I thought it brought substance & really everything about VH changed...I was also, hopefully, musically--growing up. "Jump" in high school was cool but it belonged to a younger crowd.
Now with Cherone, that was just garbage!

Same can be said for Motley, man the 1st 3 albums at least we're weak as hell, especially if you go back and listen to them now. Corabi brought fuckin balls to that band, unfortunately they just couldn't get away from the "glam" aspect of rock & roll.

Yeah, Sabbath with Ozzy was quite different than Sabbath with Ronnie or for that matter Ray Gillen who was a SICK front man, God rest his soul.

AC/DC, that's just taste really. I didn't know shit about nothing when Bon was still alive so I grew listenting to brian as the front man...he still kicks ass all these years later!

flatout24
11-20-2009, 09:37 AM
Then just what the fuck are you doing here?

Did the name of the site mislead you into thinking we kinda like & tolerate Hagar in Van Halen?

I don't give 2 shits what you think or will tolerate, it just so happens there was a good thread comparing different front men in the same band...pretty sure I didn't attack DD nor anyone here personally!
Cheers!

sonrisa salvaje
11-20-2009, 10:01 AM
I don't know what pisses me off more, the fact that you like Hagar over Roth or that you like Brian Johnson over Bon Scott. WTF? This screams of some Johnny come lately that picked up a Back in Black and a 5150 cassette, thought they were the greatest things since sliced bread and didn't put in the effort to go back and listen to the classics. Go back to whatever sucky demention you beamed in from and take your Shook Me All Night Long with you. GEEEEEEEZ.

Satan
11-20-2009, 12:11 PM
but when Sammy arrived I thought it brought substance & really everything about VH changed...

Substance??? Yeah, that's one word for it. :rolleyes:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UO6-KS8gUtk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UO6-KS8gUtk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SHIT would be more accurate, of course :barf: :cheese: :hagar1:

Fairwrning
11-20-2009, 01:15 PM
I remember putting this cassette..yeah cassette..in while driving down the road with a buddy..he about shit when I told him who it was.
My dashboard began to melt during "Smoke the sky"

jhale667
11-20-2009, 03:35 PM
... but when Sammy arrived I thought it brought substance & really everything about VH changed...

Are you fucking high - and not on the good stuff, I mean?
Spammy brought absolutely zero "substance"...and clearly everything changed for the worse. :dafinger:

Anonymous
11-20-2009, 04:00 PM
IIn all seriousness I think alot of it has to do with age & maturity level. With DD, I was young & it sounded cool as hell but when Sammy arrived I thought it brought substance & really everything about VH changed...I was also, hopefully, musically--growing up. "Jump" in high school was cool but it belonged to a younger crowd.

Oh, you're one of those... you "matured", did you? All the people I know who have "matured" have become assholes. Idiots. People who THINK they know everything because they're, well... older and mature. They're not kids anymore.

No, they're just assholes.

Like you... "Musically growing up"? First, what the hell does that mean? That as you grow - musically that is - you begin to accept sup-bar music that it's light on the ear, and doesn't make you do nasty stuff, like say, use your brain?

I guess people who have "matured" listen to mainstream pop music and watch dancing and karaoke-style programmes, and Oprah.

I don't give 2 shits what you think or will tolerate, it just so happens there was a good thread comparing different front men in the same band...pretty sure I didn't attack DD nor anyone here personally!
Cheers!

Well, you really should give a shit to what we think or tolerate, at least on THIS site. Didn't the name ROTH ARMY provide you with any clue whatsoever as to its nature?

You DID attack Dave & everyone else on this site by saying that Sammy was better in Van Halen than Dave, even though time proved otherwise.

You see, time told Sammy he didn't stood the test of time, or whatever that shit is.

But seeing as you've "matured" years ago, I guess that also means that you've stopped keeping up with whatever happened after your "maturance".

'Cause that's what mature people do. They stop living.

Anonymous
11-20-2009, 04:02 PM
For the record, I believe Crapout to be an alias troll, but at least his approach was different than most.

sonrisa salvaje
11-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Next thing you know Blaze Bailey is going to be better than Bruce Dickinson. What a mullet.

Mr. Vengeance
11-21-2009, 09:19 AM

Speaking of Kiss, am I the only one who thinks Sonic Boom blows? As a matter of fact, they haven't done anything decent in my opinion since Carnival of Souls or parts of Revenge otherwise Creatures was probably their best front to back album. They need to hire someone to write for them!

Way to compose the biggest fail post of all time. :fufu:

Hardrock69
11-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Astonishing.

It is rare that one can fail so miserably within the first 5 posts they ever make on this site.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/rubioriqueno/epic-fail.jpg