PDA

View Full Version : Knight Rider!

Vinnie Velvet
04-19-2006, 12:53 PM
HELL YEAH!

Knight Rider was one of my favorite shows in the 80s.

Of course, a lot of my love for it centered around the car, the re-vamped 1982 Trans-Am, called "Knight Industries Two Thousand" or simply 'KITT'.

Lots of great episodes -- although like every series, things just got stupid as the show started to slow down ("Super Pursuit Mode" anyone?).

And as an appreciation for this 80s TV Classic, I give you a DAVID HASSELHOFF VIDEO!!!

"Looking for Freedom"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ys-cQdu1P4&search=Knight%20Rider

Full Bug
04-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Loved this show as a kid, now I can watch a repeat and think 'What was I thinking?'
Still love the car though, would love to own a Trans-Am like the one in the show....
Bumped into David Hasselhoff back at the day at the CN Tower, being a kid at the time all I remember about it was how tall he was....(Although the guy is 6'4 or something)

Vinnie Velvet
04-19-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Full Bug
Loved this show as a kid, now I can watch a repeat and think 'What was I thinking?'
Still love the car though, would love to own a Trans-Am like the one in the show....
Bumped into David Hasselhoff back at the day at the CN Tower, being a kid at the time all I remember about it was how tall he was....(Although the guy is 6'4 or something)

Wow, cool story, Bug.

I know about watching shows you watched as a kid now. The effect is of course not the same.

Sometimes I watch just for a laugh -- although the stunts with KITT and so on are still cool.

Full Bug
04-19-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet

I know about watching shows you watched as a kid now. The effect is of course not the same.

Tell me about it, I get a channel here called De Je Vou or something where they play all those old shows, KN is in the same league as Dukes Of Hazzard and The A-Team, shows I used to love to watch but now cant sit through an entire episode, Gilligans Island is another show I used to watch everyday after school but now cant stand to watch anymore, pretty funny....:D

Dirty Duck
04-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Check this out.....

I just rented Knight Rider Season 3 and last night I sat back and was suprised to see one of my favorite episodes I loved as a kid. Vinnie Velvet: Have you seen the episode "HALLOWEEN KNIGHT" ? Of course it's not as great as it was when i was a kid...but the show STILL kicks ass. Michael Knight is one cool smooth cat....He's got K.I.T.T...he always has hot girls around him and even though he cant act, that stupid grin of his for some reason works. I like the stories...there are some good "who done it's" and as I said the ladies are always lovely. Knight Rider HAS aged well and is worth picking up on DVD. Last thing before I go. Besides David's acting the funniest part of the show is when they put popular rock songs as background tracks and it's not the orginal band playing them. Keep an ear open...

bueno bob
04-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Apparently there are talks to do a big screen Knight Rider film sometime within the next year or so...

Starring David Hasselhoff, of course.

Warham
04-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Do you remember the Knight Rider TV movie, where KITT turned into a red Trans Am?

Full Bug
04-19-2006, 02:49 PM
The episodes that stand out in my mind from those days are the ones where he faced that big rig truck, with the 'Michael Knight' evil double, those were cool, at least at the time......
Where are pics of "Bonnie', if I remember the name right, she was hot, I think some other chick replaced her at some point.....

bueno bob
04-19-2006, 02:49 PM
I think I remember that...wasn't there a movie where they put his brain into a '57 Chevy, or something?

Vinnie Velvet
04-19-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Do you remember the Knight Rider TV movie, where KITT turned into a red Trans Am?

Yes, unfortunately.

I think it was in '91.

I was so pumped for this Knight Rider movie and it was utter shite.

It was called Knight Rider 2000.

Vinnie Velvet
04-19-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I think I remember that...wasn't there a movie where they put his brain into a '57 Chevy, or something?

Yeah, that's the one, if I remember.

Vinnie Velvet
04-19-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Full Bug
The episodes that stand out in my mind from those days are the ones where he faced that big rig truck, with the 'Michael Knight' evil double, those were cool, at least at the time......
Where are pics of "Bonnie', if I remember the name right, she was hot, I think some other chick replaced her at some point.....

Yeah, that episode where KITT battles the big rig truck was one of my faves.

The truck was called 'Goliath'.

I used to be in love with Bonnie. So smart and sexy.

Vinnie Velvet
04-19-2006, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Dirty Duck
Check this out.....

I just rented Knight Rider Season 3 and last night I sat back and was suprised to see one of my favorite episodes I loved as a kid. Vinnie Velvet: Have you seen the episode "HALLOWEEN KNIGHT" ? Of course it's not as great as it was when i was a kid...but the show STILL kicks ass. Michael Knight is one cool smooth cat....He's got K.I.T.T...he always has hot girls around him and even though he cant act, that stupid grin of his for some reason works. I like the stories...there are some good "who done it's" and as I said the ladies are always lovely. Knight Rider HAS aged well and is worth picking up on DVD. Last thing before I go. Besides David's acting the funniest part of the show is when they put popular rock songs as background tracks and it's not the orginal band playing them. Keep an ear open...

I have yet to sit down and watch the shows on DVD.

I wasn't about to buy them since they cost a fortune. So I will see if I can rent them and then rip 'em.

I seem to vaguely remember that episode you're talking about.

Another one of my faves was when KITT battles 'KARR', a two tone black and white Trans Am, same as KITT, with all the bells and whistles. Instead this one was evil.

Awesome!

Didn't KARR shoot a laser?

Vinnie Velvet
04-19-2006, 03:30 PM
Bonnie.

http://knightriderarchive.com/mcpherson1.jpg

Vinnie Velvet
04-19-2006, 03:33 PM
The Hoff - aka Micheal Knight.

http://www.riekmann.prohosting.com/magazin/knight_rider/david.jpg

Vinnie Velvet
04-19-2006, 03:38 PM
KITT - up close.

http://www.knight-rider-online.de/frontansicht.jpg

Warham
04-19-2006, 03:44 PM
Garth Knight was Michael's evil 'twin brother'.

Coyote
04-19-2006, 06:15 PM
Yes, unfortunately.

I think it was in '91.

I was so pumped for this Knight Rider movie and it was utter shite.

It was called Knight Rider 2000.

Let's not forget "Knight Rider 2010"...

But, I'd rather watch Miami Vice. :D

Full Bug
04-19-2006, 06:38 PM
I wonder if Hasselhoff beat on the car the way he beats his wife these days from what I have read in the news, lol....

bueno bob
04-19-2006, 06:42 PM
http://www.riekmann.prohosting.com/magazin/knight_rider/david.jpg

My Alan, what smashing hair...

I need to go get my feathered.

NOW.

Dan
04-21-2006, 05:47 PM
Bonnie was So Hot back in the 80's.

BTW...Has anyone got anymore Hot pictures of her?