PDA

View Full Version : 40 Most Awesomely Bad Metal Songs on Vh1.

Unchainme
04-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Okay Vh1 Was showing thios like crazy a couple monthes ago. With so Called "Experts" from Blender Magazine to make the list, Many never listen to Metal Music on a regular basis and most of the time went solely on lryics of songs. I think They should've people like Bueno Bob who live, Eat and Breathe Metal make a list, But alas that'll never happen.

So here you go (I don't think this the Exact list, Because I remember seeing Van Cherone on here.)

40. Estranged
Guns N' Roses

39. Turbo Lover
Judas Priest

38. The Lumberjack Jackyl

37.See You in Hell Grim Reaper

36.Bring Your Daughter...to the Slaughter
Iron Maiden

35.Peace in Our Time
Gorky Park

34.Three Little Pigs Green Jelly

33. Rock Soldiers Ace Frehley

32.The Last in Line Dio

31.Halloween Helloween

30.Rock & Roll Gypsy Loudness

29. Smooth Up Bulletboys

28.Balls to the Wall Accept

27.Up All Night Slaughter

26.Give It to Me Good Trixter

25.The Manimal W.A.S.P.

24. I Don't Like the Drugs (But the Drugs Like Me) Marilyn Manson

23. Sex Action
L.A. Guns

22. Into the Fire
Dokken

21.Don't Change That Song Faster Pussycat

20.Party All Night Quiet Riot

19.Mother
Danzig

18.Edge of a Broken Heart Vixen

17.Blow Your Speakers Manowar

16.Wind of Change Scorpions

15. Silent Lucidity Queensryche

14.Here I Go Again Whitesnake

13.Girlschool
Britny Fox

12. Tilt-A-Whirl Insane Clown Posse

11. Turn up the Radio Autograph

10. My Way
Limp Bizkit

9.Nobody's Fool Cinderella

8.Wait
White Lion

7.Everything About You Ugly Kid Joe

6. Honestly
Stryper

5.Seventeen Winger

4.Unskinny Bop
Poison

3. Forever
Kiss

2. Cherry Pie Warrant

1.The Final Countdown Europe

MERRYKISSMASS2U
04-22-2006, 05:14 PM
When youre talking to yourself.... and nobody's home!

NO 40 is a fucking classic.
39 - Yeah... I never knew he was gay....
36.... It was a SLAUUUGHTAHH of rock music.
33. Anything Ace Frehley on vocals sucks ass
22. Cheesy, but classic.
19. Jim Morrison back from the dead on drugs!
16. This does not belong on the fucking list.
15. Fucking classic.
14. Lame ass lyric, awesome to test the stereos :)
5. Statutory!
4. I guess they couldnt fit the entire Poison discography.
3. I used to like kiss hehe
1. LOL!

DeadOrAlive
04-23-2006, 03:13 AM
Oh man, I dig ALOT of those tunes... White Lion, Ugly Kid Joe, Winger... damn.

Never saw the the Ugly Kid Joe video. Wonder where I can see it?

Unchainme
04-23-2006, 09:21 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lM1ibgLIgas"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lM1ibgLIgas" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

ask and you shall recieve,

Mr. Vengeance
04-23-2006, 11:15 AM
VH1 and their oh so ultra-cool, we don't like "hair metal" attitude make me sick. What do they know about music anyway?

It was a fun era. And those videos are no more cheesy than your average fucking Huey Lewis video was.

VH1 need to try and find something new to talk about.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
04-23-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
VH1 and their oh so ultra-cool, we don't like "hair metal" attitude make me sick. What do they know about music anyway?

It was a fun era. And those videos are no more cheesy than your average fucking Huey Lewis video was.

VH1 need to try and find something new to talk about.

They say the heart of rock and roll is still beatin. :D He was so stupid. At least VH1 is cool because they play a lot of metal related material. Most Metal and Least Metal moments are cool.

FORD
04-23-2006, 06:23 PM
They sure picked the #1 song right though.

Even in 88, I called that song "The Final Buttfuck" because it was so completely GAY.

PHOENIX
04-23-2006, 06:24 PM
I cant believe Sammy Hagars "I cant Drive 55" is not on there!

FORD
04-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
I cant believe Sammy Hagars "I cant Drive 55" is not on there!

Three possibilities there....

1) They didn't even think about Sammy long enough to include him.

2) They remembered that they played the video every 5 minutes in 1984 and didn't want to look like hypocrites (although that was the case with most of the cheesefest videos here)

3) Sam bribed them with 4 cases of tequila to keep his videos off the list.Notice there isn't even a single Van Hagar song there either?

Mr. Vengeance
04-23-2006, 06:38 PM
If Spammy's fucking ridiculous video for VOA didn't get on the list, then there's a definite payoff.

PHOENIX
04-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Three possibilities there....

1) They didn't even think about Sammy long enough to include him.

2) They remembered that they played the video every 5 minutes in 1984 and didn't want to look like hypocrites (although that was the case with most of the cheesefest videos here)

3) Sam bribed them with 4 cases of tequila to keep his videos off the list.Notice there isn't even a single Van Hagar song there either?

Or....

4) Its not even worth the effort to list it as a Heavy Metal song.:D

Unchainme
04-23-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by FORD
They sure picked the #1 song right though.

Even in 88, I called that song "The Final Buttfuck" because it was so completely GAY.

True, But the song has sentinmental value for me, My High School Band played it for us during the playoffs whilst I was playing Football. Needless to say The High Scool bands version was better.

monkeythe
04-24-2006, 12:53 AM
What I hate about these VH1 lists is that they do a best of and a worst of the same topic and usually the same items are in the top 100. Several of the songs they were jacking off to when they did the top hair metal band list. What do they even know about music. That channel is all about putting C level celebs in phony reality shows and D level celebrities commenting on what they read in People magazine.

Mr Badguy
04-24-2006, 08:25 AM
The way the world is now, everything goes through a period where it gets laughed at just before people get all nostalgic about it.

"Hair metal" (whatever) will have it`s day again.

Matt White
04-24-2006, 11:01 AM
"29. Smooth Up Bulletboys"

The ONLY song on that list that I don't change the moment it comes on the radio.................

Mr Grimsdale
04-25-2006, 04:18 PM
i wouldn't mind so much if they actually played some of that stuff on the radio here

it's all fookin' gnarls barkley and other shite

Unchainme
04-25-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
i wouldn't mind so much if they actually played some of that stuff on the radio here

it's all fookin' gnarls barkley and other shite

Who's He Grimmy?

(Can I call you Grimmy?)

Terry
05-13-2006, 09:41 PM
Yeah, but then you go to VH1 Classic and they play those same vids the main VH1 Channel makes fun of, so how meaningful is the show anyway?

Still prefer VH1 over MTV, but the channel does have an annoying trend of making shows where Z-List celebs, has-beens and 5th-rate comics make snarky comments on things that have been successful (isn't that pretty much the whole premise of all the I Love The 1970s/80/90s, The Best Week Ever, etc.?).

Seshmeister
05-13-2006, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme

39. Turbo Lover
Judas Priest
29. Smooth Up Bulletboys
23. Sex Action
L.A. Guns

21.Don't Change That Song Faster Pussycat

8.Wait
White Lion

7.Everything About You
Ugly Kid Joe

4.Unskinny Bop
Poison

Wow what a stupid fucking list. The above are some of my favorite songs of all time.

Turbo Lover is a bit silly but the best thing Priest ahve done in the last 15 years.

Smooth Up well they were a VH clone that didn't quite have it, they were good enough for Ted Templeman to get them signed and it was a cool song to dance to in the clubs. Terrible solo though.

Sex Action - This was as cool as fuck at the time. The video was just fucking evil in a good way. Jesus what sort of fuckwit would put this as a bad metal song? 95% of metal is bad. This was pure punk and just about the coolest thing to be seen dancing to that year. You ever met a rock journalist? They were the dorky guys standing at the edge of the dance floor trying to impress a girl about how he had talked to Bruce Kulick last year. The people that got the hot girls were dancing to Sex Action.

Don't Change That Song
See above. Faster Pussycat were very fucking cool for a short moment uber cool for at at least a year or so. It's a good song. We used to cover it and it always went down well.

Wait.
Now I'm getting annoyed. Mike Tramp from White Lion could get a bit gay and whiney but 'Wait' has the best guitar solo by anyone ever. End of story. Fuck off vh1.

Everything About You
Most couples have a song. The SM and I had this. At the wedding I dedicated it to her and we played it. Her relatives weren't too happy.
It's a cool song.

Unskinny Bop
Ok it's Poison and CC and whatever. I would argue that if anyone else in the world had come up with that riff it would have been seen as cool and good.

Picture the riff and the melody at that time with Aerosmith and I think it could have been their first #1 single.

binnie
05-14-2006, 04:18 AM
My name's Binnie and I'm a Slaughter addict, "Up all night" gets me going, but I want to stop.

One time it go so bad...I air guitared all the way through. I also aspire to be Dana Strum. Help.

Is there a 12 step programme?

binnie
05-14-2006, 04:32 AM
Maybe if I ween myself onto some Gorky Park, things will get better, but I just can't stop singing "Eye to Eye" by Slaughter, they were so good!

It's ironic that I've become addicted to an anti-drugs band.

Damn it, I knew I should have stuck with Poison

"Un-skinny-bop-bop.."

Damnit!!

binnie
05-14-2006, 04:48 AM
Dana Strum, this goes out to you.

We could start a band.

I also use the word "Dude" like punctuation

I have a guitar with Bart Simpson on it, they'll never know.

We could write "Fly to the Angels 2"

Think I just hit rock bottom

ashstralia
05-14-2006, 06:03 AM
32 is ludicrous.
grate intro
grate riff
grate vocals
grate solo.

binnie
05-14-2006, 08:34 AM
Estranged is a great song, but a shocking video.

That part where Slash comesout of the sea

Or where he's sort of hovering aroud the streets during the solo.

Oh dear

Blackflag
05-14-2006, 08:50 AM

40. Estranged
Guns N' Roses

Does not belong anywhere near this list.

fe_lung
05-14-2006, 05:39 PM
Okay Vh1 Was showing thios like crazy a couple monthes ago. With so Called "Experts" from Blender Magazine to make the list,
28.Balls to the Wall Accept

Anyone notice that this month they now have this listed as one of the 40 GREATEST Metal songs. And with many of the same people who were ripping on it as a "awesomely bad metal song" now talking about how great it is. Fuck you, Scott Ian!

Terry
05-14-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by fe_lung
Anyone notice that this month they now have this listed as one of the 40 GREATEST Metal songs. And with many of the same people who were ripping on it as a "awesomely bad metal song" now talking about how great it is. Fuck you, Scott Ian!

Does Scott actually PLAY anymore, or is he pretty much just a commentator for VH1 shows?

fe_lung
05-15-2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Does Scott actually PLAY anymore, or is he pretty much just a commentator for VH1 shows?

Now he's in some new reality show on VH1. Can't belive how far he's fallen on the coolometer.

binnie
05-16-2006, 01:39 PM
Saw Anthrax a couple of weeks ago and they kicked ass.

that reality show includes, Sebastian Bach, Ted Nugent, Evan Seinfeld, Jason Bonham

It's gonna be car-crash TV

But Scot Ian is the LAW