PDA

View Full Version : Alligator snapping turtles don't want your help.

rustoffa
04-23-2006, 01:28 AM
So we were on the way back from K-Mart earlier, and the little woman notices a turtle crossing the road in the other lane. I noticed it as well, and knew what the fuck was on my agenda. She stops the car, and I'm like, "fuck, it's gonna be covered with algae....it's gonna stink."

She could have given a fuck less, and just drove back to the scene of the impending crime. I know what Alligator snapping turtles' are supposed to look like, and this thing looked pretty small from the car.

Being agitated out of my mind, I just ran over to what I assumed was a Highland Terrapin, and picked it up.

I started towards the yard across the street to let the fucker loose, and got the order:

"I want to take it to the lake!"

So I go back and get in the car....I'm like, "Just fucking go..." I hadn't even looked at the thing really.

That's when I got the news.

"Look at the little ridges on it's shell!"

Right when I looked down in horror, the baby alligator snapping turtle clamped onto my finger!

This fucking shit sucked man....it was like a turtle knuckleball. I started to throw it out the window.

I caught alot of heat for putting the window down...she's like, "are you a fucking pussy? It's just a baby!"

It took a couple of minutes to get to the lake....felt like hours.

I had to just fucking soak my hand in the water for a few seconds, and it swam away.

Anyone with similair experiences?

DeadOrAlive
04-23-2006, 02:50 AM
Congratulations. Through all the shit, you did the right thing. You made sure traffic wasn't held up. Props to you man

The_KiD
04-23-2006, 04:24 PM
They are certainly not friendly creatures as they just want to survive and are usually defensive when approached.. Nice of you to help it out though..

KiD

The_KiD
04-23-2006, 04:32 PM
In case anyone is curious, this is what one looks like..

Guitar Shark
04-23-2006, 05:31 PM
It's a good thing academic punk isn't here anymore; he might have gotten aroused by this thread.

FORD
04-23-2006, 09:01 PM
It looks like a fucking Klingon turtle.

rustoffa
04-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by The_KiD
In case anyone is curious, this is what one looks like..
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=919091

That's kind of a deceiving picture...that fucker could be a foot long. The one I grabbed was a little bigger than a softball....couldn't even really feel the ridges. Back home, I've seen 'em go the size of an english bulldog. Freaking dinosaurs.

Ozzy Fudd
04-23-2006, 11:56 PM
back in 1985 or so my friend and i were going CatFishin and to get to where we needed to be, we had to cross this creek well i headed down the hill with my poles and box and a container of Chicken liver. i had a pretty good pace coming down the hill and seen THIS BIG ROCK that i was gonna spring off of to keep from gettin a wet foot.. as soon as my foot hit that fuckin thing it hissed and shot it's neck back at me i almost shit my self. cuz this sob was about the size of a garbage can top. my friend is Laughing his ass off sayin Hey i forgot to tell ya we got big Snappers up this way. Good i said you can get the fuckin bait i dropped.