Does anyone else like it?

DeadOrAlive
05-12-2006, 01:25 AM
Ohh Ohh She's got that rhythm...

Yeah a fucking great tune to add to Diver Down

Loons The Great
05-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Secrets...all hell YES!!!!!...

DOA, is it yer goal to post in every thread in this forum nah?...an' if yer really 15, get off of the computer an' go live...you jus' gotta keep on livin' L I V I N...:D

Terry
05-13-2006, 07:35 PM
One of my fave CVH solos.

Different side to Dave, vocally and lyric-wise.

Definitely one of the strongest tracks on Diver Down.

Seshmeister
05-13-2006, 07:53 PM
It's beautiful.

You have to laugh when Van Hagar fans cite it as evidence that CVH did ballads.

Comparing 'Secrets' to 'Love Walks In' shows a total lack of any understanding about music.

Terry
05-14-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
It's beautiful.

Comparing 'Secrets' to 'Love Walks In' shows a total lack of any understanding about music.

I'm not opposed to ballads by default.

I was opposed to 1980s power ballads that cribbed their lyrics from Hallmark greeting cards, and tread out the same old tired cliches that had been done before, and better, by artists ranging from the classic artist roster of Motown to even the Doors and Touch Me.

Secrets had a cool series of verses that displayed unique images; a way of saying the same old thing in a different and interesting way.

Van Hagar ballads read like a list stolen from a Life's Little Instructions poster. Neither inventive nor sincere. Just pap.

Seshmeister
05-14-2006, 07:27 PM
Absolutely

SNIPER
05-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Great fucking song that one I say!!! I love showing people this tune that have never herd it before. Has a sound of its own. Eddie and Roth in their prime making great music. Oh how would it be if we had another 20 years of that stuff!!!! God Damit!!! I get pissed when I think about it!!! We have all been robbed of years of great VH tunes cuz Eddie is a dumb ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeadOrAlive
05-16-2006, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Loons The Great
Secrets...all hell YES!!!!!...

DOA, is it yer goal to post in every thread in this forum nah?...an' if yer really 15, get off of the computer an' go live...you jus' gotta keep on livin' L I V I N...:D

Haha yes it's my goal, and it only takes about 5 minutes. I'm seriously 15, and I do have a life (it's a miracle haha) but yeah Live life and enjoy it, it's what I do.

binnie
05-16-2006, 02:39 AM
Killer song, good call!

DeadOrAlive
05-21-2006, 01:29 AM
Yeah the guitar work is really catchy, I should learn it soon.

POJO_Risin
05-21-2006, 01:39 AM
The bottom line to Van Halen was the groove...

and this fucking song grooves more than any other VH tune...

it's one of 2 or 3 reasons that Fair Warning is a good album...

Unchainme
05-21-2006, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
The bottom line to Van Halen was the groove...

and this fucking song grooves more than any other VH tune...

it's one of 2 or 3 reasons that Fair Warning is a good album...

You mean Diver Down?

Very suprised It wasn't a huge hit for CVH, It sounds very Pop-Friendly, Which isn't neccesarily a bad thing..

POJO_Risin
05-21-2006, 02:13 AM
lmfao...Freudian slip...

trueblue
05-21-2006, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by WARF
This is my favorite Van Halen song!
Does anyone else like it?

it's not my fave VH tune, but it's a winner for me, no question..it's one of the few tunes or songs that 'saved' Diver Down in my book...'Secrets' is one reason why i still spin and like Diver Down inspite of stuff like Dancing in the Street and Big Bad Bill that make me shun the album from time to time..

trueblue
05-21-2006, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
It's beautiful.

It also shows just how seriously and personally Van Hagar poodles take our criticisms and abuse....'ballads' are not the worst things a hard n heavy rock band can do, but if Van Hagar cheerleaders point to 'Secrets' as CVH hypocrisy about ballads and think they've got something back on us, it's beyond ludricrous....gosh, the point is CVH even used synths/keyboards and pop-rock tunes first, but need i compare the results or what the fans truly think about what exactly CVH and Van Hagar did with some of these similar musical ideas..?? Secrets alone would have redeemed '5150' somewhat..