PDA

View Full Version : Chimp drops to [color=red][b]29%[/b][/color]!!

FORD
05-11-2006, 11:49 PM
May 11, 2006, 9:12 pm
Bush’s Approval Rating Drops

President Bush’s job-approval rating has fallen to its lowest mark of his presidency, according to a new Harris Interactive poll. Of 1,003 U.S. adults surveyed in a telephone poll, 29% think Mr. Bush is doing an “excellent or pretty good” job as president, down from 35% in April and significantly lower than 43% in January.

Roughly one-quarter of U.S. adults say “things in the country are going in the right direction,” while 69% say “things have pretty seriously gotten off on the wrong track.” This trend has declined every month since January, when 33% said the nation was heading in the right direction. Iraq remains a key concern for the general public, as 28% of Americans said they consider Iraq to be one of the top two most important issues the government should address, up from 23% in April. The immigration debate also prompted 16% of Americans to consider it a top issue, down from 19% last month, but still sharply higher from 4% in March.

The Harris poll comes two days after a downbeat assessement of Bush in a New York Times/CBS News poll. The Times, in analyzing the results, said “Americans have a bleaker view of the country’s direction than at any time in more than two decades.”

Permalink | Trackback URL: http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2006/05/11/bushs-approval-ratings/trackback

29% !! Another 2 weeks and his numbers will be as low as Cheney's! And with Rove's indictment imminent, it could keep dropping.............

DLR'sCock
05-12-2006, 08:30 PM
down down down...

more and more are waking up....

Seshmeister
05-12-2006, 08:45 PM
So does this mean 22% of Americans are kicking themselves for being dumb?

ODShowtime
05-12-2006, 08:53 PM
I want to kick most of the people around me...

BITEYOASS
05-12-2006, 10:47 PM
So I assume it is the lowest in history? Has he beaten Truman or Nixon's Lows yet?

FORD
05-12-2006, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
So I assume it is the lowest in history? Has he beaten Truman or Nixon's Lows yet?

Between Rove's indictment and all this phone hacking bullshit, he should break the record within the next two weeks......

DrMaddVibe
05-13-2006, 10:10 AM
Who really cares?

ODShowtime
05-13-2006, 10:33 AM
yeah! What's the big deal about someone we never really elected flushing the country down the toilet?

No biggie. As long as those blacks aren't getting more handouts...

FORD
05-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
yeah! What's the big deal about someone we never really elected flushing the country down the toilet?

No biggie. As long as those blacks aren't getting more handouts...

...and the queers ain't getting married.

Mr. Vengeance
05-13-2006, 01:34 PM
God I love being Canadian...watching this stupid ass dope G.W. just go down the toilet! The only thing that worries me is "Jeb Bush in 2008"...

FORD
05-13-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
God I love being Canadian...watching this stupid ass dope G.W. just go down the toilet! The only thing that worries me is "Jeb Bush in 2008"...

Being Canadian, you should be more worried about what Little Stevie Wonderbush does ;)

http://www.notacolony.ca/harper_bush_4.jpg

binnie
05-13-2006, 01:58 PM
You know what, Tony Blair is about as unpoular as ever at the moment as well.

Don't want to get preachy, but it seems they have both reaped what they sowed.

But is there an alternative?

FORD
05-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by binnie
You know what, Tony Blair is about as unpoular as ever at the moment as well.

Don't want to get preachy, but it seems they have both reaped what they sowed.

But is there an alternative?

Didn't Tony just lose a lot of seats to the Tories in a recent election?

Of course the outcome there might even be worse, depending on what type of "conservatives" they are.

knuckleboner
05-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
So does this mean 22% of Americans are kicking themselves for being dumb?

nah, most of them have an even worse opinion of john kerry...

Mr. Vengeance
05-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Being Canadian, you should be more worried about what Little Stevie Wonderbush does ;)

http://www.notacolony.ca/harper_bush_4.jpg

Trust me...I worry what that fuckstick is up to as well.....

I know that Canadians traditionally tire of the idiot Cons quickly enough...and we will see a non-confidence vote knock them out of office soon enough.

Terry
05-14-2006, 12:01 AM
I suppose it might matter to me if I felt that the opposing political party would actually institute changes that would have a fundamental and lasting impact, but it really doesn't make much difference.

Has a lot to do with why the 2000 race was so close, and why 2004 wasn't exactly a landslide, either: there really isn't much difference between any of them anymore.

Manufacturing and industry is vanishing from the country, leaving non-college eductaed laborers more and more at ends with the work force. Even those with degrees are no longer assured of not being 'downsized'. The US is still trying to force its values on the rest of the world by force as it has been for years. Our news media outlets in this country are, by and large, a joke; if they spent half as much time focusing on substantial topics as they did on the Runaway Bride, we might have an educated poplace. There's a lack of seriousness in this country coupled with a really unattractive streak of greed and confusing how much a person makes with the content of their character. These underlying issues were present before W took office, and will be there after he's gone.

D.C. isn't gonna solve anything for us. If anyone's looking to our politicians to take care of our problems, well, you may as well turn to the Easter Bunny; you're gonna have the same success rate.

BITEYOASS
05-14-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Terry
I suppose it might matter to me if I felt that the opposing political party would actually institute changes that would have a fundamental and lasting impact, but it really doesn't make much difference.

Has a lot to do with why the 2000 race was so close, and why 2004 wasn't exactly a landslide, either: there really isn't much difference between any of them anymore.

Manufacturing and industry is vanishing from the country, leaving non-college eductaed laborers more and more at ends with the work force. Even those with degrees are no longer assured of not being 'downsized'. The US is still trying to force its values on the rest of the world by force as it has been for years. Our news media outlets in this country are, by and large, a joke; if they spent half as much time focusing on substantial topics as they did on the Runaway Bride, we might have an educated poplace. There's a lack of seriousness in this country coupled with a really unattractive streak of greed and confusing how much a person makes with the content of their character. These underlying issues were present before W took office, and will be there after he's gone.

D.C. isn't gonna solve anything for us. If anyone's looking to our politicians to take care of our problems, well, you may as well turn to the Easter Bunny; you're gonna have the same success rate.

Well fuck, let's riot then! :D Anyone know where Exxon's HQ is at? LOL

BITEYOASS
05-14-2006, 12:28 PM
I'll incite one, once I start a band and it becomes know nationwide.

binnie
05-14-2006, 12:31 PM
In these apathetic times, is there an alternative to the current leaders?

all the parties as so close together,

It just becomes style over substance

Terry
05-14-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
Well fuck, let's riot then! :D Anyone know where Exxon's HQ is at? LOL

tell you what, a riot that ended with the lynching of a few big oil robber barons would lower gas prices in a hurry. fuck of a lot quicker than dragging them in front of Congress will.

FORD
05-14-2006, 07:31 PM
Let's start with that quadruple-chinned son of a bitch who just got a half a billion dollar retirement package from Exxon.

Terry
05-14-2006, 10:45 PM
Let's start with that quadruple-chinned son of a bitch who just got a half a billion dollar retirement package from Exxon.

and then has his toadies make the cable-news show rounds, telling people with a straight face that soaring gas company profits have nothing to do with rising prices at the pump...

General Fraud
05-21-2006, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by binnie
In these apathetic times, is there an alternative to the current leaders?

There is a choice. Kneel or die.

Kneel before Fraud.

Nitro Express
05-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Exactly. That's why people need to start thinking outside of the box instead of just being sheep. A handful of people now run the corporations, both political parties, the media, and the public schools.

The system still exists to take back power from these people but people in the US are too apethetic to do so. Therefore, the big big big money buys all the choices in the system and then controls the system.

We can fight back in numbers if we refuse to do business with large multinational corporations if at all possible. Support your local business owners and not the Home Depots and Wal-Marts. Vote for an independant candidate instead of supporting the corrupt Republicans and Democrats. Grow your own food if you can. Start your own schools.

Nothing scares the current people in power more than independant people who can do things on their own. They want us dependant on their food supply, their stores, their politicians, and their schools. Fuck Em!

bobgnote
05-22-2006, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by General Fraud
There is a choice. Kneel or die.

Kneel before Fraud.

I'll have at you, clowning savage.

bobgnote
05-22-2006, 03:17 PM
Actually, GW went back up a couple when he endorsed border control.

He nearly lost nomination 2000 for opposing DNA legislation, long due.

His geeks waver, since no Democrats or other media REALLY oppose the dude with issues, shot like Sarges all know how to shoot 'em.

Nitro Express
05-23-2006, 01:01 AM
With the Bilderbergers buying up all the mainstream media you aren't going to see any mainstream hardcore opposition to Bush. You have to dig. Thank God they don't control the internet. But they want the Google search database don't they? These people are so fixated on controling everything and spying on us it's unreal.

steve
05-24-2006, 08:06 PM
Ahh...Do you mean THIS PIGGY?
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/images/1027-06.jpg

Seshmeister
05-24-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Terry

That's my understanding of the situation too.

You have to wonder how the US expects to compete economically whilst pissing away ten times as much of her GDP on 'defence' as her compeditors.

I'm no economist but to me that seems unsustainable. Other Empire builders(and don't kid yourself that's what the US government is trying to do) like the Romans, the Spanish or the British managed to get big economic benefits from raping the countries they took over.

Apart from the $20 billion that Paul Bremmer stole from Iraq I don't see that happening. Instead you have people lining their own pockets stealing some money from the invaded countries through Haliburton but without an overall gain for the US. And that's ignoring the whole morality of killing tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians and American kids who just want an education paid for through military service.

Cheers!

:gulp: