PDA

View Full Version : Tombstone

Loons The Great
05-15-2006, 02:46 PM
I watch this Western e'ery time Ize can...I'm yo huckleberry...why, Ike, are we cross?...the drunk piano player...can't shoot prolly seein' double...I've got two guns...one for each of ya...skin that smoke wagon and see what happens...your friends might get me in a rush but not before I turn your head into a canoe...leave the shotgun...piss on you, Wyatt...

Loons The Great
05-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Doc Holliday: In Vino Veritas.
[In wine is truth. - Meaning - "When I'm drinking, I speak my mind."]
Johnny Ringo: Age Quod Agis.
[Do what you do. - Meaning - "Do what you do best."]
Doc Holliday: Credat Judaeus Apella, Non Ego. The Jew Apella may believe it, not I.
[Meaning, "Oh I don't believe drinking is what I do best."]
Johnny Ringo: Eventus Stultorum Magister.
[Events are the teachers of fools. - Meaning - "Fools have to learn by experience."]
Doc Holliday: In Pace Requiescat.
[Rest In Peace - Meaning - "It's Your Funeral!"]

BrownSound1
05-15-2006, 06:17 PM
Evidently Mr. Ringo is an educated man. ;)

Actually one of my favorite lines is when Billy Bob Thornton aka Johnny Tyler says, "Jesus Christ it's like I'm playing cards with my brother's kids or something. You nerve racking sons a bitches."

WARF
05-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Happy Birthday brownsound!

ALinChainz
05-15-2006, 06:34 PM
"I stand corrected Wyatt, you're an oak."

"You're no daisy, you're no daisy at all."

"Say when."

For those of you who haven't bought the collector's edition of this movie, do so. The deleted scenes can be played right in the movie and worth the money.

Loons The Great
05-16-2006, 11:54 AM
You're daisy if you do.

Loons The Great
05-16-2006, 11:56 AM
I'm sufferin'....from a hangover...:D

ALinChainz
05-16-2006, 04:52 PM
Or the one we all know ...

"You tell'em I'm comin' ... and Hell's comin' with me you hear?!?! HELL'S COMIN' WITH ME!"

Loons The Great
05-18-2006, 01:17 PM
Ike Clanton: What is that Holiday? Twelve hands in a row? Ain't nobody that lucky.

Doc Holliday: Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

ALinChainz
05-18-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Loons The Great
Ike Clanton: What is that Holiday? Twelve hands in a row? Ain't nobody that lucky.

Doc Holliday: Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

lol ...

"I will not be pawed at ... thank you very much .... "

"I have yet to begin to defile myself ... "

ALinChainz
05-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Ike: "You're all PIMPS!"

Loons The Great
05-18-2006, 02:42 PM
"You've been a good woman to me, darlin...then again, you could just be the anti-christ..."

Loons The Great
05-29-2006, 05:33 PM
Curly Bill: [takes a bill with Wyatt's signature from a customer and throws it on the faro table] Wyatt Earp, huh? I heard of you.
Ike Clanton: Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog. Law don't go around here. Savvy?
Wyatt Earp: I'm retired.
Curly Bill: Good. That's real good.
Ike Clanton: Yeah, that's good, Mr. Law Dog, 'cause law don't go around here.
Wyatt Earp: I heard you the first time.
[flips a card]
Wyatt Earp: Winner to the King, five hundred dollars.
Curly Bill: Shut up, Ike.
Johnny Ringo: [Ringo steps up to Doc] And you must be Doc Holliday.
Doc Holliday: That's the rumor.
Johnny Ringo: You retired too?
Doc Holliday: Not me. I'm in my prime.
Johnny Ringo: Yeah, you look it.
Doc Holliday: And you must be Ringo. Look, darling, Johnny Ringo. The deadliest pistoleer since Wild Bill, they say. What do you think, darling? Should I hate him?
Kate: You don't even know him.
Doc Holliday: Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
Wyatt Earp: [to Ringo] He's drunk.
Doc Holliday: In vino veritas.
Johnny Ringo: Age quod agis.
Doc Holliday: Credat Judaeus apella.
Johnny Ringo: [pats his gun] Ecentus stultorum magister.
Doc Holliday: [gives a Cheshire cat smile] In pace requiescat.
Tombstone Marshal Fred White: Come on boys. We don't want any trouble in here. Not in any language.
Doc Holliday: Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him.
Doc Holliday: In Vino Veritas.
[In wine is truth. - Meaning - "When I'm drinking, I speak my mind."]
Johnny Ringo: Age Quod Agis.
[Do what you do. - Meaning - "Do what you do best."]
Doc Holliday: Credat Judaeus Apella, Non Ego. The Jew Apella may believe it, not I.
[Meaning, "Oh I don't believe drinking is what I do best."]
Johnny Ringo: Eventus Stultorum Magister.
[Events are the teachers of fools. - Meaning - "Fools have to learn by experience."]
Doc Holliday: In Pace Requiescat.
[Rest In Peace - Meaning - "It's Your Funeral!"]
Wyatt Earp: You die first, get it? Your friends might get me in a rush, but not before I make your head into a canoe, you understand me?
Wyatt Earp: I spent my whole life not knowing what I want out of it, just chasing my tail. Now for the first time I know exactly what I want and who... that's the damnable misery of it.
Doc Holliday: Why Kate, You're not wearing a bustle. How lewd.
Doc Holliday: What do you want Wyatt?
Wyatt Earp: Just to live a normal life.
Doc Holliday: There is no normal life, there's just life, ya live it.
Wyatt Earp: I don't know how.
Doc Holliday: Sure ya do, say goodbye to me, go grab that spirited actress and make her your own. Take that and don't look back. Live every second, live right on through the end. Live Wyatt, live for me. Wyatt, if you were ever truly my friend, or if ya ever had just the slightest of feelin' for me, leave now, leave now, please.
Wyatt Earp: Thanks for always being there, Doc.
Doc Holliday: It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.
Johnny Ringo: Isn't anyone here man enough to play for blood?
Doc Holliday: I'm your huckleberry.
Johnny Ringo: It's quoted in the bible, Revelations: Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.
Wyatt Earp: How are you?
Doc Holliday: I'm dying, how are you?
Sherman McMasters: Where is he?
Doc Holliday: Down by the creek, walking on water.
Josephine: I'm a woman, I like men. If that means I'm not lady-like, then I guess I'm just not a lady.
Wyatt Earp: You're different. No arguin' that. But you're a lady. I'd take my oath on it.
Billy Clanton: Stephen Foster. "Oh, Susannah", "Camptown Races". Stephen stinking Foster.
Doc Holliday: Ah, yes. Well, this happens to be a nocturne.
Billy Clanton: A which?
Doc Holliday: You know, Frederic fucking Chopin.
Morgan Earp: Look at all the stars. You look up and you think, "God made all this and He remembered to make a little speck like me." It's kind of flattering, really.
Billy Clanton: Why, it's the drunk piano player. You're so drunk, you can't hit nothin'. In fact, you're probably seeing double.
[Billy Clanton draws a knife]
Doc Holliday: [takes out a second gun] I have two guns, one for each of ya.
Johnny Tyler: I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids. You nerve wrackin' son's a bitches.
Wyatt Earp: From now on I see a red sash, I kill the man wearing it. So run you cur. And tell the other curs the law is coming. You tell 'em I'm coming! And Hell's coming with me you hear! Hell's coming with me!
Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo] Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked over your grave.
Johnny Ringo: I want your blood. And I want your soul. And I want them both right now!
[Wyatt Earp has just found out that the devil in a play was performed by a woman]
Wyatt Earp: Well, I'll be damned.
Doc Holliday: You may indeed, if you get lucky.
Doc Holliday: Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
Doc Holliday: It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist.
Wyatt Earp: What makes a man like Ringo, Doc? What makes him do the things he does?
Doc Holliday: A man like Ringo has got a great big hole, right in the middle of himself. And he can never kill enough, or steal enough, or inflict enough pain to ever fill it.
Wyatt Earp: What does he want?
Doc Holliday: Revenge.
Wyatt Earp: For what?
Doc Holliday: Bein' born.
Wyatt Earp: You gonna do somethin'? Or are you just gonna stand there and bleed?
Doc Holliday: You must be Ringo.
[to Big Nose Kate]
Doc Holliday: Look, darlin', it's Johnny Ringo. Deadliest pistolier since Wild Bill, they say. What do you think, darlin', should I hate him?
Johnny Ringo: My fight's not with you, Holliday.
Doc Holliday: I beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. "Play For Blood" - remember?
Johnny Ringo: Oh that. I was just foolin' about.
Doc Holliday: I wasn't.
Doc Holliday: You know, if I didn't think you were my friend, Ed, I don't think I could bear it.
Turkey Creek Jack Johnson: Why do you do it?
Doc Holliday: Wyatt Earp is my friend.
Turkey Creek Jack Johnson: Friend? Hell, I got lots of friends.
Doc Holliday: I don't.
Sherman McMasters: Why you doin' this, Doc?
Doc Holliday: Because Wyatt Earp is my friend.
Sherman McMasters: Friend? Hell, I got lots of friends.
Doc Holliday: ...I don't.
Doc Holliday: Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after, it's a reakoning.
Curly Bill: [while watching the troupe perform Faust] Y'know what I'd do: I'd take the deal, then crawfish & drill that ol' devil in the ass.
Frank Stillwell: [Stillwell and Ike are planning to ambush the Earps at the train station] That's Virgil there with the women.
Ike Clanton: He's mine, understand?
Frank Stillwell: [Cocking his rifle] Hey Mattie! Where's Wyatt?
Wyatt Earp: Right behind you, Stillwell.
[Shoots Stillwell as he turns around]
Johnny Ringo: [Ringo has taken Holliday up on his offer to 'finish the game'] All right, 'lunger'. Let's do it.
Doc Holliday: Say when.
Texas Jack: You ever seen somethin' like that before?
Turkey Creek Jack Johnson: Hell, I never even heard of something like that.
Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung.
Doc Holliday: [after killing Johnny Ringo] It would appear that the strain was more than he could bear.
Wyatt Earp: I did my duty, now I'd like to get on with my life. I'm going to Tombstone.
Crawley Dake: Ah, I see. To strike it rich. Well, all right, that's fine. Tell you one thing, though... I never saw a rich man who didn't wind up with a guilty conscience.
Wyatt Earp: Already got a guilty conscience. Might as well have the money, too. Good day, now.
Virgil Earp: What the Hell kinda town is this?
Morgan Earp: Nice scenery.
Doc Holliday: Well, an enchanted moment.
Josephine Marcus: Interesting little scene. I wonder who that tall drink of water is.
Mr. Fabian: My dear you've set your gaze upon the quintessential frontier type. Note the lean silhouette... eyes closed by the sun, though sharp as a hawk. He's got the look of both predator and prey.
Josephine Marcus: I want one.
Mr. Fabian: Happy hunting.
[Morgan is fatally wounded in a gunfight]
Morgan Earp: Remember what I said about people seein' a bright light before they die? It ain't true. I can't see a damn thing.
Wyatt Earp: Fight's Commenced! Get to fightin' or get away!
[while watching a play in which Faust sells his soul to the Devil]
Curly Bill: You know what I'd do? I'd take that deal 'n' crawfish, then drill that ol' Devil in the ass. What about you Johnny, what would you do?
Johnny Ringo: I already did it.
Sheriff John Behan: We're growing. Be as big as San Francisco in a few years, and just as sophisticated.
Doc Holliday: Very cosmopolitan.
Wyatt Earp: I just want you to know it's over between us.
Curly Bill: Well... bye.
Johnny Ringo: Smell that, Bill? Smells like someone died.
Wyatt Earp: Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens!
Doc Holliday: Forgive me if I don't shake hands.
Doc Holliday: Oh. Johnny, I apologize; I forgot you were there. You may go now.
Doc Holliday: I stand corrected, Wyatt. You're an oak.
Wyatt Earp: You could have been busted up back there, or killed.
Josephine Marcus: Fun, though, wasn't it?
Wyatt Earp: You'd die for fun?
Josephine Marcus: Wouldn't you?
Turkey Creek Jack Johnson: Nobody move!
Doc Holliday: Nonsense. By all means, move.
Doc Holliday: Weave a circle round him thrice, / And close your eyes with holy dread, / For he on honey-dew hath fed, / And drunk the milk of Paradise.
Wyatt Earp: Sheriff Behan, have you met Doc Holliday?
Doc Holliday: Piss on you, Wyatt.
Doc Holliday: Why Johnny Tyler! You madcap!
Johnny Tyler: Doc?
Doc Holliday: Where you goin' with that shotgun?
Kate: I've been good to you, I've taken care of you. If you die, where does that leave me?
Doc Holliday: Without a meal ticket I suppose.
[Doc rides horse out of barn into stable area, Kate runs out after him punching him in anger]
Kate: You bastard!
Doc Holliday: Why Kate, have you no kind words for me as I ride away?
[pause]
Doc Holliday: I calculate not.
[rides off]
Johnny Tyler: You run your mouth awful reckless for a man that don't go heeled.
Wyatt Earp: No need to go heeled to get the bulge on a tub like you.
Doc Holliday: I'll be your huckleberry...
Curly Bill: [after a vicious gunfight with the Mexican police] Looks like we win.
Doc Holliday: Sheriff, allow me to present a pair of fellow sophistocats... Turkey Creek Jack Johnson and Texas Jack Vermillion. Mind your ear, Creek
Johnny Ringo: [Ringo is trying to get McMasters to rejoin the Cowboys] So, there's nothin' I can say to get you to come back?
Sherman McMasters: Not after what you done. Not after shootin' at the Earp's women.
Johnny Ringo: All right then, I guess you can just get back on your horse and ride back down there to your new friends.
Ike Clanton: [placing a shotgun to McMaster's head] Hey. I just got one question; how're you planning on gettin' back down there?

Loons The Great
11-22-2006, 09:05 PM
BUMP!! OWWW! HUH! YEAH!!

VanHalener
12-01-2006, 09:03 AM
:elvis:

I'll be your huckleberry!

knuckleboner
12-02-2006, 12:47 PM
i LOVE this movie.

but there's just 1 bone to pick...

when ringo shoots the mexican priest:

ringo: he was quoting the bible, revelations: "behold a pale horse and the one that sat on him was death and hell followed with him."

ok, great scene.

then when wyatt warns ike.

"you tell 'em i'm coming! and hell's coming with me!"

again, great scene. but when we see wyatt, he's on a black horse. put him on a pale horse! for god's sake, he should be on a pale horse!

sorry, rant over. this is still one of the best movies ever made.

"there. now we can be friends again..." :D

Matt White
12-02-2006, 09:35 PM
CLASSIC MOVIE....GRATE call LOONS!!!:rockit2:

VASTLY superior to the Kevin Costner movie...............

VanHalener
12-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
CLASSIC MOVIE....GRATE call LOONS!!!:rockit2:

VASTLY superior to the Kevin Costner movie...............

"Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked over your grave."

Costners version:blow:

POJO_Risin
12-03-2006, 04:44 PM
I fell asleep watching the Costner movie...

but it's pretty good as well...

not Tombstone...but of course...Costner was going for a true version...

which just isn't as exciting as the fake version...

Kilmer's best role...

and Quaid was actually pretty good as well...but I remember watching it...thinking...

hmm...he's immitating Val...

ALinChainz
12-06-2006, 12:05 AM
http://www.tombstonegame.com/

Not exactly movie related it looks like.

POJO_Risin
05-02-2010, 12:47 AM
The bigger issue is that this quote was already in another Western...several others...actually...but probably best in Pale Rider with Eastwood.

But I think I saw somewhere that the quote was an homage to Eastwood and the Western...

i LOVE this movie.

but there's just 1 bone to pick...

when ringo shoots the mexican priest:

ringo: he was quoting the bible, revelations: "behold a pale horse and the one that sat on him was death and hell followed with him."

ok, great scene.

then when wyatt warns ike.

"you tell 'em i'm coming! and hell's coming with me!"

again, great scene. but when we see wyatt, he's on a black horse. put him on a pale horse! for god's sake, he should be on a pale horse!

sorry, rant over. this is still one of the best movies ever made.

"there. now we can be friends again..." :D

POJO_Risin
05-02-2010, 12:48 AM
In all honesty...there's nothing better than coming home from a night watching a fight, got the buzz on, and finding Tombstone rolling on the TV...