PDA

View Full Version : Mexican, it's the new "fag"

FORD
05-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Mexican, it's the new fag

by John in DC - 5/17/2006 10:55:00 AM

Whatever the merits of the immigration debate, we're having it for one reason. George Bush's approval rating is at 29% and the Republicans are afraid they're going to lose control of the Congress in the fall elections.

The Republicans are afraid that they've milked gay-bashing for all they can, and even though they're going to AGAIN vote next month on an amendment to the US Constitution to make gays second class citizens, they've tried that trick before and apparently it just isn't getting them the political mileage it once did.

So what's a Republican to do who has no issues to run on, no real ideas to help the country move forward, nothing to address the real problems facing America from gas prices to the war in Iraq?

Bash a Mexican.

I'm serious. Put aside whatever your personal views are on immigration. The fact remains that there is no reason we are discussing immigration this month as though it's some massive crisis that's just exploded and needs to be addressed this moment lest it take the country down by next week. It's been a problem for a while, and will continue to be a problem for a while. But just as "Iran" was the Republicans' boogeyman last month, this month it's the invasion of the Mexicans (you'll notice you don't hear the administration freaking out about Iran's nukes any more - funny, that). They need to manufacture a crisis to get the public's attention off of the real crisis, the crisis of governance in Washington.

Immigration reform, it's fag-bashing with an accent

.Link (http://americablog.blogspot.com/2006/05/mexican-its-new-fag.html)

Big Train
05-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Dems could be accused of "riding a wetback" though, Ford, let's be honest.

The Repulicans were forced to kick the sleeping dog that is Immigration because of "extremists" of the Minuteman group. They obviously hit a strong nerve because I've read several polls know where over 3/4 of the public, of all stripes, want a secure border. That means an end to the slave labor.

I hope it didn't escape your keen political eye that GW's tax breaks went through right quick today. It's the bargain for easing up the cheap labor trade.

ELVIS
05-17-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by FORD
They need to manufacture a crisis to get the public's attention off of the real crisis, the crisis of governance in Washington.

:rolleyes:

Julius
05-18-2006, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by FORD
......no issues to run on, no real ideas to help the country move forward, nothing to address the real problems facing America from gas prices to the war in Iraq?

LOL.

You've just described the Democrat Party to a "t".

FORD
05-18-2006, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Julius
LOL.

You've just described the Democrat Party to a "t".

Wrong.

http://www.democrats.org/agenda.html

binnie
05-18-2006, 03:17 AM
Whenever party lines become very close, it always boils down to issues around prejudice.

Probably because neither side has any real policies, and it just descends to scoring cheap points

ULTRAMAN VH
05-18-2006, 06:22 AM
That is the most ridiculous article I have ever read. How the hell is Bush bashing Mexicans. You think by putting the Guard on the border he is bashing Mexicans? The National Guard is just window dressing to appease Americans who are pissed that our borders are wide open. Actions speak louder than words and The President with his big business buddies are pro illegal immigration.

DrMaddVibe
05-18-2006, 07:09 AM
It figures that foLIARrd would post another crap article like that one.

Always a rainy day in your life, eh?

You're going to miss GW!

binnie
05-18-2006, 08:05 AM
Think the Democrats will be any better?

Two parties, one puppet master

FORD
05-18-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Always a rainy day in your life, eh?

Nope. It's actually been sunny and in the 80's all week so far. Probably will rain on the weekend though, which would pretty much suck.

You're going to miss GW!

Yeah, about as much as I miss my wisdom teeth :rolleyes:

EAT MY ASSHOLE
05-18-2006, 12:36 PM
All I've read so far is the title and who started the thread, and all I can deduce is that FORD is begging for a threesome with Karl Rove and Carlos Mencia...

Nitro Express
05-19-2006, 04:24 PM
Give me a fucking break. Bush has a long record of being people from Mexico best buddy. For years Bush has supported an open border and illegal worker amnesty. Bush speaks Spanish. As Govenor Bush was very popular with Texas large hispanic population.

The reason Bush is cracking down on the border situation or is at least talking about it is the American citizens are demanding it.

As far as homosexuals go, that's a religiouse issue and a lifestyle choice issue. Since when has any political party gotten any gain bashing gay people? Since when has anyone ran for office preaching,"We are going to get rid of all them fags!" Ha! Ha! Ha! Like that ever happened.