PDA

View Full Version : Should Zep Reform?

binnie
05-18-2006, 01:59 PM
There has been a rumour for ages now about Led Zep reforming with Dave Grohl on drums.

Anyone think this will ever happen, and is it a good idea?

Alex Mogilny
05-18-2006, 03:49 PM
In a word: NO!

binnie
05-18-2006, 03:53 PM
LOL!

yah
05-18-2006, 04:37 PM
If Zep reforms, the only one on drums should be Jason Bonham, otherwise their rep is really tarnished.

Terry
05-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Jason Bonham or not, Plant, Page and Jones should just LEAVE IT THE FUCK ALONE.

I've seen nothing in any of those Zep reunions or Page and Plant Unledded/Clarksdale albums and tours that really did any justice to the Led Zepp name (some attempts were better than others - the best being the 1990 Knebworth performance of Wearing and Tearing), and seeing Plant in his 60s, wrinkled, voice shot, trying to bleat out Whole Lotta Love...not so much.

Am sure if they did reform it would sell out wherever it went, but I honestly wouldn't bother with it.

Matt White
05-18-2006, 09:01 PM
ZEPPELIN is WAY beyond being able to "tarnish" their legacy..they disbanded 26 years ago...their place & LEGEND is secure....

But why bother? They're old men now.....................they have NOTHING left to prove.

MAX
05-18-2006, 09:53 PM
FORD and I were just talking about them playing at Live Aid with Phil Collins in '85. I see NOTHING wrong with ZEP reforming now in any form cos they've more than secured their legendary status. They know that they'll never be the band they were during their zenith with Bonham. So what am I saying? Anything the remaining members do 'tis always welcome and kewl in my book. A tour would be stellar cos I'm positive Zep feels the same way that everyone else does regarding both their history and legacy. The only fucking stupid thing that any remaining member has done was when Page hooked up with David Covercheese yeeyas ago to make a quick buck. However, I think He (Page) redeemed himself by doing the Plant/Page shit shortly afterwords.

Mr. Vengeance
05-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Why???? Can we not EVER let a great band just die?????

VH wasn't finished, so we looooooooong for more. But Zep....they DID it. It's DONE......We don't need more....

What...do you want to be in a crowd of 50 + year old fuckers who want to relive the past????? No...I don't in this case. Last REAL album- In Through The Out Door '79....Sort of Album- Coda....'81

Give me new material and then talk to me about tours.....

binnie
05-19-2006, 03:16 AM
A good point, but I would love to see 'em live!

bueno bob
05-19-2006, 08:14 AM
No.

First time I've heard that rumor.

Jack68
05-20-2006, 10:16 PM
I dont think Plant would ever do it.Hats off to those guys or Roy Harper.He opened for the OO in 2002 and he was great,played his solo stuff which is average at best be honest.Wound the house up with going to california,hey hey what can i do and whole lotta love.

POJO_Risin
05-20-2006, 10:20 PM
In a purely selfish way...I'd like to see Zeppelin...but only in a fucking time machine...

I was lucky enough to see Page and Plant...and that's good enough for me...

Bonzo is dead...and I have no interest in seeing the band with Grohl...or Jason...

POJO_Risin
05-20-2006, 10:21 PM
I think Plant will do it...

wasn't it John Paul Jones who put the kabosh on this earlier?

rustoffa
05-20-2006, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
wasn't it John Paul Jones who put the kabosh on this earlier?

Yep. He and Bonzo drove that train. Fucking Jones would just stare at Bonham during alot of it. (live performance)

They should re-name that vid set "We won the west with Bonzo."

spmusicplyr
05-20-2006, 10:59 PM
no, no, no. plant CANNOT sing at all. did you hear his last album? his voice is a whisper of what it once was and 20+ years out of his band....i think its better to remember how it was rather than to have someone like plant massacre the material. did you see them sing kasmir in maybe 97 or 98...they got together for some performance..i had a video of it..i cant remember what it was from, HORRIBLE.

hmm, doesnt that sound parallel to something else we talk about anyway??

Jack68
05-20-2006, 11:16 PM
Plants voice is shot for most of the catalouge.

Panamark
05-20-2006, 11:56 PM
I tend to agree that they have nothing left to prove, so what would be the point? *BUT* if Jason was bangin the skins, I would fork out the hard earned oxford scholars to see this...

ALinChainz
05-21-2006, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
I tend to agree that they have nothing left to prove, so what would be the point? *BUT* if Jason was bangin the skins, I would fork out the hard earned oxford scholars to see this...

Absolutely would.

OfficerJimmy
05-21-2006, 03:18 PM
I'd want to see Led Zeppelin if they reformed but I wouldn't be happy about it.

They should've reformed in the 90s if at any time, instead of doing that dumbass Plant/Page tour and being pricks to JPJ.

binnie
05-21-2006, 04:12 PM
I agree Plant's voice is not what it was

But I would fork out to see em too

doctor roth
05-29-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
ZEPPELIN is WAY beyond being able to "tarnish" their legacy..they disbanded 26 years ago...their place & LEGEND is secure....

But why bother? They're old men now.....................they have NOTHING left to prove.

Tell that to mick and keif

Dave's Bitch
12-06-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by binnie
There has been a rumour for ages now about Led Zep reforming with Dave Grohl on drums.

no,bad idea.Not led zep without bonham

Hardrock69
12-06-2006, 10:30 PM
Was fortunate to see them in 98. They kicked my fucking ass.

They did it right on that second tour (Clarksdale) with just a four-piece band.

If they never reform, that is ok. I have seen all 3 remaining guys live.

And I have How The West Was Won With Bonzo.

Don't need anymore.

Tiki-Tom
12-07-2006, 12:19 AM
Two words...Big Loghttp://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/fighting/fighting0024.gif

Coyote
12-07-2006, 01:03 AM

No-one wants to be compared to one's younger self. You dig?

Soul Reaper
12-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Zep shouldn't reform....as much as I would like to see it.....

it's not the same without John Bohnam.....and Robert Plant's voice hasn't been the same since his surgery.....

it's a shame, but that's life....

but as i said, I'd still go see it if it happens.....3 of the 4 isn't too bad.....

MAPRamone
12-07-2006, 01:03 PM
No, just because there's no reason to. Let's face it even in Bonzo was still alive they couldn't do justice to their glory days.

ODShowtime
12-08-2006, 07:33 AM
After seeing Jimmy Page & the Black Crowes live, I don't NEED to see any more live "Zep." That shit was monumental. I've never remembered anything so vividly while being so thoroughly fucked up.

I'm wary of another tour for the simple reason that I'd pay pretty much anything to get a ticket. It could get ugly.

Vinnie Velvet
12-08-2006, 10:39 AM
NO!!!

Led Zeppelin died with John Bonham.

BrownSound1
12-09-2006, 04:47 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Jones, Page, and Plant do something together, but I don't think they'd call it Led Zeppelin.

On Plant's voice....even though it ain't what it used to be, it is still better than a lot of so-called singers out there. :D

DavidLeeNatra
12-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
On Plant's voice....even though it ain't what it used to be, it is still better than a lot of so-called singers out there. :D

no... :(

POJO_Risin
12-09-2006, 05:12 PM
Um...why is the word REFORM always used?

If Van Halen reconvened...it would be a reformation because of the abysmal incarnations in between.

Led Zeppelin stopped because Bonham died...

it wouldn't be reforming...

it would be reconvening.

And why the fuck not.

It would be better than anything out there today.

And to those that are saying that VH SHOULD go on without Michael Anthony...and LZ SHOULDN'T go on without Bonham...

lmfao...

spare me...

Antman
12-09-2006, 06:01 PM
In a word-No.

smaz
12-09-2006, 08:08 PM
No. Especially not with Grohl!

They could get together with Jason, under a different name just jamming, playing a tribute. But NOT as Led Zepplin.

Matt White
12-09-2006, 08:24 PM
PAGE & PLANT kicked ASS on both tours in the 90's.....

Good enough for me:cool:

katie
12-09-2006, 09:34 PM

No & NO eye thank ewe (LOL)

katie
12-09-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Was fortunate to see them in 98. They kicked my fucking ass.

They did it right on that second tour (Clarksdale) with just a four-piece band.

If they never reform, that is ok. I have seen all 3 remaining guys live.

And I have How The West Was Won With Bonzo.

Don't need anymore.

Nailed it in one.

Fair play dude

Katie

ppg960
12-09-2006, 10:22 PM
From what I've read and watched, JPJ doesn't talk to them anymore.
Plant and Page have left him out of their projects the last number of years.
It won't happen.

Roy Munson
12-10-2006, 12:50 AM
No.

Steve Savicki
12-13-2006, 10:07 AM
Just keep releasing new material under the name "Plant/Page" or whatever "Walking in Clarksdale" is under.

bueno bob
12-13-2006, 11:04 AM
Perfect solution!

Get Jason Bonham on drums, and hell, if John Jones won't commit, get that Wolfgang Van Halen on bass. I hear he's been playing for three months and is really good, so that's all that matters.

:rolleyes:

VanHalener
12-13-2006, 01:19 PM
NOPE!

Tiki-Tom
12-14-2006, 03:05 AM
Hell, I guess if The Who can do it with only two original members left then Zep could do the same. I wouldn't care to see it happen and I feel the same about The Who. At this stage I think they should just leave well enough alone. If they want to do it though, more power to 'em. A lot of people will still pay to see it.