PDA

View Full Version : R n B

binnie
05-20-2006, 09:33 AM
Can someone explain why people like this shit?

I don't get it?

It seems to me that the Top 100 is just full of totally forgetable songs, no great melodies like the old soul tunes.

Please, someone explain?

i'm not sayng everyone should like Heavy shit like us, but I just do not understand how anyone could shit through an album of essentially 10 versions of the same song

Coyote
05-20-2006, 10:14 AM
Well, apparently R'n'B doesn't stand for "Rhythm 'n' Blues" these days...

It's all about making music with megabucks spent on production (studio, a shitload of EQ's, no musicians, all synths) and a $1.50 spent on the songs (lyrics and melodies included).

Quick, cheap, easily digestible. Kinda like McDonalds.

But that's what you get when ya let moneyhungry, starving-for-attention cunts run the business: Turbo-pop feces disguised as "hot tunes".
(For chrissakes, some people define Mariah Carey's abominations as "great" R'n'B...)

Shaun Ponsonby
05-20-2006, 12:00 PM
I like R&B when it has rhythm and blues. These days, it has neither. Just some girls in bikinis hanging around some fat guy.

To me, R & B will always be Wilson Pickett (RIP), The Motown lot, Otis Readding, and, as seen in my sig, the vastly underrated Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes (Classic Rock & Soul-R&B with guitar solos and a bit of harmonica. Yes, I am in their street team and I am trying to advertise them).