PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in UFO's, aliens, life on other planets, etc?

FORD
05-21-2006, 12:56 PM
http://www.cnn.com/US/9706/15/ufo.poll/alien.poll.jpg

FORD
05-21-2006, 01:10 PM
For the record, here's where I'm at....

1) I have never seen anything that I could confirm was a non-Earth based spacecraft. However I can think of one incident where I saw something in the night time sky that was moving around in a manner that ordinary aircraft wouldn't do, and at this time the power was fading in and out, despite the lack of severe weather or any other apparent cause of a power outage. I've never seen an extra terrestrial, to my knowledge.

2)Yes I believe that it's possible that a UFO crashed at Roswell. It's ridiculous to assume that out of the billions of planets in the Universe, that only this one would support life. Logically, some of those civilizations would be more technologically advanced than we are, meaning that interstellar travel is possible for them

3) The government clearly covered up the Roswell incident, and did so in a very sloppy fashion. Weather balloon? How long did it take someone to make that up? And then there is the often heard about, but never seen Area 51 base in Nevada, which had ridiculous security procedures long in place before there was a Chimp squatting in the White House. Obviously, they are hiding something there, and the alien theory makes as much sense as any.

So I guess when it comes to UFO's I'm "optimistically agnostic".

Jérôme Frenchise
05-21-2006, 01:29 PM
Apalling! How credulous people can be... And I don't mean that they are more in the US than elsewhere: if a similar poll was held in Western Europe, the results would be very close, I guess.

What bugs me most about so-called UFOs is that there's always that fucking "David Vincent Syndrome" - all of them "witnesses" always see obscure, unclear things that can never be proved. The pics that are presented as "evidence" are either fake or so vague...

Besides, all those wooly theories of worldwide plots, to which flying saucers belong and you can add the latest, "Da Vinci Code" :rolleyes: (which is a novel; but then you can assimilate the Bible to a huge epic, anyway :cool: ) are woven in such a manner that most readers will get hooked - mixing pseudo-science with convincing details about so-called experiences - and will have their hearts' content of spicy stuff...
I won't either say that I believe in a few of these tales nor that I don't, since there has never been any unquestionable proof about ETs flying round the Earth to make their U-turn being true or not. :)

Jérôme Frenchise
05-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by FORD
The government clearly covered up the Roswell incident, and did so in a very sloppy fashion. Weather balloon? How long did it take someone to make that up? And then there is the often heard about, but never seen Area 51 base in Nevada, which had ridiculous security procedures long in place before there was a Chimp squatting in the White House. Obviously, they are hiding something there, and the alien theory makes as much sense as any.

So I guess when it comes to UFO's I'm "optimistically agnostic".

One of my best pals is a firm believer in extraterrestrials flying over us for whatever reason... He's really convinced that there have been very numerous visits, and the Roswell "myth" (?) is one of his fave stories.
He went as far as stating that it was amazing how technologies have evolved from the second half of the 20th century, especially in the USA... where a particular UFO is said to have crashed (or landed?) in Roswell, Nevada. To him, all the technological boom is directly linked to Roswell - hence the US gov keeping the place secret, etc...
I was so sceptic during our conversation that it made him mad, so that I don't think we'll have any other. :D

Unchainme
05-21-2006, 01:50 PM
From all the thing I've read, Area 51 has been reverse engineering Alien Technology from the crashed ships. There've bewen interview too of people seeing an Alien Ship in one of the Hangars at Area 51, That had an American flag on it, Meaning that we were able to build one. I am fascinated by this shit for some reason.

Unchainme
05-21-2006, 01:53 PM
Also I've heard the Cold War was Faked, and that in real life the US and USSR were working together to defeat Aliens and that is why Nuclear Bombs were being stock-piled was to defend us against them.

Julius
05-21-2006, 01:59 PM
I've never seen any signs of life from another planet, nor do I believe many of the accounts of other people's observations...

But I believe that we are not alone in this universe. No doubt there are more advanced civilizations than ours out there, and I can't wait to find them so we exploit their resourses and enslave their people.

Unchainme
05-21-2006, 01:59 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_in_Black

You cannot of course forget about the Men In Black Conspiracy Theory.

binnie
05-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Can't say I've ever read anything that convinced me

But law of averages suggests that there has to be other life out there.

Billions of planet and only this one inhabited?

FORD
05-21-2006, 02:06 PM
If the Cold War was faked, it would have been for the same reason the "War on Terra" is being faked and that is to support the military industrial complex.

I don't believe there was anything fake about the initial threat. The Cuban Missile Crisis was very real, and thank GOD we had a real President in charge to deal with it. (Just imagine Chimpy........ )

It has been established that the true Soviet threat was pretty much over by the mid 70's and the last 15 years of the Cold War was all artifical, thanks to exaggerations during the Ford administration courtesy of ......

....wait for it.....

Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, and Paul Wolfowitz.

Unchainme
05-21-2006, 02:16 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dulce_Base

Dulce Base is really intresting as well.

I've also heard that Area 51 they're devolping some pretty scary shit. Something Along the lines of a Microwave gun that would cook you from the inside and then kill you, Very Scary.

Jérôme Frenchise
05-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Also I've heard the Cold War was Faked, and that in real life the US and USSR were working together to defeat Aliens and that is why Nuclear Bombs were being stock-piled was to defend us against them.

Let's hope that no veteran of the Korea War will read this. :cool:

binnie
05-21-2006, 02:32 PM
Indeed, conspiracy can go to far.

We'll be denying the holocaust next

Switch84
05-21-2006, 04:19 PM
:p Extra-terrestrials? No. We have some very REAL aliens here in the US, they're from Mexico and they're ILLEGAL.

I suppose there will be another 'survey' about the existence of vampires and werewolves?

buwhahahahaahahaaa!!

LoungeMachine
05-21-2006, 04:38 PM
I'm still waiting for signs of intelligent life on THIS planet.........

binnie
05-21-2006, 04:41 PM
LOL!!!!!

Coyote
05-21-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Switch84
:p Extra-terrestrials? No. We have some very REAL aliens here in the US, they're from Mexico and they're ILLEGAL.

I suppose there will be another 'survey' about the existence of vampires and werewolves?

buwhahahahaahahaaa!!

Ya never know, Switch.

Truth within fiction, and so forth...

Hardrock69
05-21-2006, 06:56 PM
Jjust browse around through this site:

http://www.disclosureproject.org/

My normal inclination would be that "ufos" were actually high-tech top secret technology.....originating here on Earth.

However there have been too many generals and other high-ranking officers as well as too many ex-CIA, FBI, NSA people and other government types that swear the U.S. Gubmint has recovered crashed extraterrestrial vehicles....so I cannot just discard that notion out of hand.

There is too much factual info on the subject.

Switch84
05-21-2006, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Coyote
Ya never know, Switch.

Truth within fiction, and so forth...

;) That's true, but until something concrete is revealed I'll leave the speculating to Mulder & Scully.

FORD
05-22-2006, 01:17 AM
;) That's true, but until something concrete is revealed I'll leave the speculating to Mulder & Scully.

http://www.morethings.com/music/george_clinton-parliament/pictures/george_bootsy.jpg

You mean you forgot about "The Mothership Connection"??

sisca
05-22-2006, 01:34 AM
i would love to own that bass that bootsy collins is playing and start an all-white parliament tribute band.

that would be too funny.

on topic , however, i do believe in life out there, and think that were being monitored on a regular basis. for all we know, were a giant experiment on a petri dish for some other race.

its possible!

BigBadBrian
05-22-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

You sure won't find it by looking in the mirror.

:gulp:

FORD
05-22-2006, 04:04 PM
Brian's the voice of experience on this one :D

binnie
05-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Maybe one of the posters on this thread is an alien?

DrMaddVibe
05-22-2006, 04:20 PM
Here's where I'm at with UFO's.

Spammy McGaygar believes in UFO's, hell he even believes he was picked up by one!

That's all the proof I need right there to tell me that there's NO such thing as an alien being zooming from planet to planet to do a little space graffitti ala crop formations only to zoom to the next one.

Spammy thinks he sold more with Eddie than Dave and he's already a liar on that one, so whatever Spammy believes...I'm goin' the other way. I'm not going to be caught in the same net as Spammy. I swim in a different circle.

binnie
05-22-2006, 04:27 PM
Is that fuckin' true, Hagar beleives he's been picked up by an alien?

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the biggest gut laugh I've had for awhile

FORD
05-22-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe

Spammy thinks he sold more with Eddie than Dave and he's already a liar on that one, so whatever Spammy believes...I'm goin' the other way. I'm not going to be caught in the same net as Spammy. I swim in a different circle.

You know that Sammy Hagar's a Republican, right?

Welcome to the Democratic party, Assvibe :D

DrMaddVibe
05-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Fuck you foLIARrd.

FORD
05-22-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by binnie
Is that fuckin' true, Hagar beleives he's been picked up by an alien?

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the biggest gut laugh I've had for awhile

Apparently Sammy's always believed this. Reportedly, Montrose broke up because Sammy kept pressuring Ronnie Montrose to do a rock opera about aliens & shit. The opera never happenned, but songs from it surfaced on Sammy's albums over the years like "Space Station No 5" and "This Planet's on Fire"

binnie
05-22-2006, 04:33 PM
I'm still amused by the fact Sammy thinks he was abducted, wonder if the aliens helped with any of his lyrics?

DrMaddVibe
05-22-2006, 04:34 PM
"Politically Incorrect With Bill Maher"

Guest: Musician Sammy Hagar

I'm a real firm believer in aliens, right? They're definitely out there. I've had contact. Yes, I have and they're smart son of a guns, man' 1967, was the summer of love. In Fontana, California. I was lying in bed, in my room. And, all of a sudden, I felt like something was going on' And I was sleeping. I was sleeping. It was 3:00, 4:00 in the morning. And I opened my eyes, my body couldn't move. And my room was pure white, I mean, like as bright as you could possibly imagine.

And I felt, you know, like a communication kind of like through a- antenna-type communication' And as soon as I got hip, they got hip that I started getting hip that it was happening, and they had a code that was sort of a like a computer code that broke the concentration, I mean, broke the connection' And as soon as that happened, my room went black with my eyes still wide open and I could move again' And I got up. I ran outside. And I ran around, I was so wired.

And from that day--synchronicity in my life exists. I see things happen as they're supposed to happen' And I put everything together. Everything makes sense to me. I'm sorry to say that, but actually, this life actually makes sense to me. It was alien' I mean, they were in a craft. They were actually in a craft. I could see them while we were connected. And it's a thing like that. After it's happens to you, you go on this little quest, and you find things. You find these little clues all over in your life about things that lead you from one thing to the other. And it's like a mission' I don't know.

I don't know if I was programmed, or zapped, or deprogrammed or what, but I don't feel special or nothing, it's just that that really changed a lot of things in my life. It was really cool. They're constant-they're experimenting all the time with us.

There are bad ones. There are three or four different ones, too. Some of them are bad; they come and take body parts and stuff. The gray ones, you don't want to mess with the gray ones.

No, there's no life in our solar system. I mean, you know, maybe dead ants or something, but- I mean on the other planets. No, there are three or four different ones. There's the ones-there's some robots that do actual space travel and they're like computers, real robots, you know, that look like people. They look like aliens, but they're-those are the ones that got the guys in Pascagoula, Mississippi. If you remember that case of Calvin Parker and this guy, his nephew, Charlie. And one of the guys killed himself afterwards. And those robots got to him.

Here's my opinion, I think that we're the aliens. I think the aliens are man, because we're the only ones that build computer and buildings. And no one else is doing that. I don't see my cat saying, "Look, I just built a new car." And we also, you know, the smog and everything, so we destroy our environment, which means we're not in harmony with the Earth. So we're the aliens. But even if there are aliens in outer space, okay, let's say there are. There are. Now, how am I going to pay my rent?

binnie
05-22-2006, 04:38 PM
LOL!

Sammy talks a lot about being "connected" to aliens a lot there.

Does he think he was fucked by an alien, is that why he sings funny?

Dr Madvibe, that is sheer genius.

DrMaddVibe
05-22-2006, 04:39 PM
You'll have to talk to foLIARrd about the being fucked by an alien...he believes in that kinda shit too.

FORD
05-22-2006, 04:58 PM

Here's my opinion, I think that we're the aliens. I think the aliens are man, because we're the only ones that build computer and buildings. And no one else is doing that. I don't see my cat saying, "Look, I just built a new car."

Geezus... :rolleyes:

I'll bet his cat could write better lyrics though. Even a song about hacking up hairballs and clawing some dog's eyes out would be better than the cheesy shit Spammy spews out.

FORD
05-22-2006, 05:00 PM
You'll have to talk to foLIARrd about the being fucked by an alien...he believes in that kinda shit too.

Ummm... you might want to read my post again, Assmunch. I said I'm clearly in the agnostic camp when it comes to this shit.

DrMaddVibe
05-22-2006, 05:03 PM
"optimistically agnostic"?

I suppose you're half a fag too!

FORD
05-22-2006, 05:34 PM
No, but I am a Lesbian trapped in a man's body.

ELVIS
05-22-2006, 05:37 PM
So, In your mind you're a lesbian woman ??

You're hopeless...

DrMaddVibe
05-22-2006, 05:39 PM
E, he's using a line that I used over a year ago here.

PATHETIC!

FORD
05-22-2006, 05:42 PM
I was using that line a long time before you ever crawled out of the Everglades, AssVibe.

DrMaddVibe
05-22-2006, 05:47 PM
You should try all these one-liners at a Holiday Inn open mike night.

binnie
05-23-2006, 08:16 AM
Agnostic?

Make your mind up

diamondD
05-23-2006, 09:44 AM
No, but I am a Lesbian trapped in a man's body.

Shouldn't that read that there's room for one? ;)

EAT MY ASSHOLE
05-23-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Well, considering your political leanings and affiliations, we're sure not going to find it in YOUR household...

PAT ROBERTSON FOR EMPEROR!!!

Switch84
05-24-2006, 01:33 AM
http://www.morethings.com/music/george_clinton-parliament/pictures/george_bootsy.jpg

You mean you forgot about "The Mothership Connection"??

:cool: Nope. The members of Parliament/Funkadelic are musicians. I used the "X Files" reference to fight fiction with fiction, Ford Baby...

Pastor Bruce S.
05-24-2006, 02:14 PM
What a joke! UFO's and aliens. The only aliens that exist are illegal and their flying saucermatang is a sombrero. Quit with the buffoonery and discuss relevant issues.

Coyote
05-24-2006, 02:30 PM

I wouldn't trust those two... Cool as it was, that show was kinda biased towards the "all aliens are e-vil" way of thinking, once ya think about it.

But if you think the idea of E.T.'s is laughable... I can't do anything 'bout it.

binnie
05-24-2006, 02:39 PM
If aliens exist would they like CVH or Van Hagar?

Coyote
05-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by binnie
If aliens exist would they like CVH or Van Hagar?

Purely guessing, I'd say 42/58.

Switch84
05-24-2006, 03:45 PM
I wouldn't trust those two... Cool as it was, that show was kinda biased towards the "all aliens are e-vil" way of thinking, once ya think about it.

But if you think the idea of E.T.'s is laughable... I can't do anything 'bout it.

:D Buwhahahaaha! That's not the vibe I got from the "X Files", baby! The bias (imo) was that all governments are "e-vil"! Mulder and Scully were fighting hell and high water to reveal the 'truth', costing them the lives of their loved ones and their own safety. The show's popularity was the result of the creator and writers playing on people's paranoia and conspiracy theories. Excellent writing and the plot twists kept you enthralled. The intro's tagline summed up what Mulder & Scully's 'mission' was all about...TRUTH.

The TRUTH is OUT THERE....

ROFLMMFAOBT...bring on the cuntspiracy of "UNDERWORLD" next! Would you rather be a 'Lycan' or a 'Vampire'?

FORD
05-24-2006, 03:51 PM
The show's popularity was the result of the creator and writers playing on people's paranoia and conspiracy theories. Excellent writing and the plot twists kept you enthralled. The intro's tagline summed up what Mulder & Scully's 'mission' was all about...TRUTH.

Well, they certainly called it right in the Lone Gunmen spinoff's pilot episode (http://killtown.911review.org/lonegunmen.html) didn't they? :D

Coyote
05-24-2006, 03:55 PM
:D Buwhahahaaha! That's not the vibe I got from the "X Files", baby! The bias (imo) was that all governments are "e-vil"! Mulder and Scully were fighting hell and high water to reveal the 'truth', costing them the lives of their loved ones and their own safety. The show's popularity was the result of the creator and writers playing on people's paranoia and conspiracy theories. Excellent writing and the plot twists kept you enthralled. The intro's tagline summed up what Mulder & Scully's 'mission' was all about...TRUTH.

The TRUTH is OUT THERE....

ROFLMMFAOBT...bring on the cuntspiracy of "UNDERWORLD" next! Would you rather be a 'Lycan' or a 'Vampire'?

Ok, so I left the "government conspiracies" bit out of this. Sue me, darlin'. :D

Switch84
05-24-2006, 04:20 PM
Ok, so I left the "government conspiracies" bit out of this. Sue me, darlin'. :D

;) :p No litigation needed, Sweetie! The fact that we're STILL talking about the "X Files" years after its series finale is a compliment to the show's creator! I never watched the "Lone Gunmen" spin-off, Ford. Rarely do I watch spin-offs...alot of them aren't worth the air time they waste.

"The Jeffersons" was a cool spin-off! The way Flo would burn George with her stinging insults were my favorite part of the show!

FORD
05-24-2006, 05:16 PM
But did George Jefferson predict a plane flying into the World Trade Center?

If he had, chances are he would have "moved on up" to some safe Long Island suburb.