05-22-2006, 04:08 PM
Best get my thinking cap on, it's getting tough now

WARF
05-22-2006, 04:31 PM
Pick one!

FORD
05-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Ozzy's gotta go!

Three of those guys are fucking DEAD, but they could still sing better than Ozzy at this point and write their own lyrics too.

binnie
05-22-2006, 04:40 PM
Ozzy owns whatever stage he is on tho', and that's what a frontman does.

mako_kimura
05-22-2006, 04:50 PM
Sorry, Mick, but ya gotta go

DrMaddVibe
05-22-2006, 04:51 PM
Jagger

binnie
05-22-2006, 04:56 PM
OOOO it's not lookin' good for old Mick!

He has got the weakest voice there

WARF
05-22-2006, 05:07 PM
Pick one Minnie Mouse!

fe_lung
05-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Shit... Plant... Morrison.... fuck which one do I hate more.... fuck.... can't decide...

Terry
05-22-2006, 07:59 PM
Out of what's left, Jagger is an easy choice.

Great performer back in the day, solid singer with what he had, but as the years went on (and I really began to notice this on the Undercover album forward to present) he just shouts his lyrics rather than sings a lot of the time.

Plus, nothing Mick's done (or the Stones, for that matter) since Undercover has remained in my record collection, and that's nearly a quarter-century of disposable pap.

The Stones are able to go out and keep filling stadiums, but so is Bon Jovi...and Madonna...none of that means anything to me anymore.

Sayonnara, Dick Fagger.

binnie
05-23-2006, 08:13 AM
I've gone with Mercury

Again

Last_Child
05-23-2006, 08:21 AM
Sorry Ozzy...

DavidLeeNatra
05-23-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by binnie
I've gone with Mercury

I whish you had...

Shaun Ponsonby
05-23-2006, 10:40 AM
Ozzy owns whatever stage he is on tho', and that's what a frontman does.

And Freddie didn'?

Bye bye Ozzy.

Shaun Ponsonby
05-23-2006, 10:41 AM
OOOO it's not lookin' good for old Mick!

He has got the weakest voice there

And Ozzy's voice is almost oprea like?

binnie
05-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Wow ganging up on me now!

I can't argue back tho', you both make valid points.

Only thing I can come back with is that Ozzy is still winning lots of younger fans, and they aren't

binnie
05-23-2006, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
I whish you had...

Have I upset you in someway?

if so, not my intent at all

Jérôme Frenchise
05-23-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Out of what's left, Jagger is an easy choice.

Great performer back in the day, solid singer with what he had, but as the years went on (and I really began to notice this on the Undercover album forward to present) he just shouts his lyrics rather than sings a lot of the time.

Plus, nothing Mick's done (or the Stones, for that matter) since Undercover has remained in my record collection, and that's nearly a quarter-century of disposable pap.

The Stones are able to go out and keep filling stadiums, but so is Bon Jovi...and Madonna...none of that means anything to me anymore.

Sayonnara, Dick Fagger.

Terry, I think that you're unfair to GOOD ole Mick... I don't disagree with you on all points, by far, but even though I may miss some things as English isn't my mother tongue (but the tongue that's been fascinating me since the age of 7), I'll state that Mick Jagger is a great dude, with a great sense of humour, a very singular - and pleasant, as far as I'm concerned - personality, who wrote unique lyrics (and still does today, since his lines in "A bigger Bang", though it isn't my fave Stones album by very far, were still way above the average best of today...) with an inimitable touch (sorry for the cliche).

He might have screamed his vocals on "Undercover" (one of my fave Stones album, but I have so many) as well as on a non-neglictable part of "Some Girls", "Tattoo You", "Dirty Work" and "Steel Wheels" (to a lesser degree), but I personally love it when he sings his lungs out.
I admit that you don't dig it, really. And yes, "his" Stones aren't what they used to be anymore - but that's what's been heard for soooo long...
OK, a more or less great part of what they've made over the last 25 years isn't really necessary, but let's render unto Mr Jagger what belongs to him: what singer/songwriter can compare to that man, as far as professionalism (though I agree with you, today's Stones aren't the ones they used to be anymore - how slow they are when they dare play "When the whip comes down" or "Respectable"...), performing and personality are concerned, really?
Let's not snub Mick Jagger, I don't think (for what it's worth... ;)) that he desserves it. :cool:

Shaun Ponsonby
05-23-2006, 01:32 PM
Indeed...

Shaun Ponsonby
05-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Wow ganging up on me now!

I can't argue back tho', you both make valid points.

Only thing I can come back with is that Ozzy is still winning lots of younger fans, and they aren't

Only because of The Osbournes. And who do you mean by "they"?

binnie
05-23-2006, 01:49 PM
By "they" I meant Mercury and Jagger

But it must be me who dislikes Mercury, so I accept that I am probably missing something

Dan
05-23-2006, 02:07 PM
Ozzy.

DavidLeeNatra
05-23-2006, 02:29 PM
Have I upset you in someway?

if so, not my intent at all

all in good fun :D

say what you want about freddie mercury but NONE of the others comes close to the talent and showmanship of mercury. not to mention his outstanding voice...and don't tell me freddie was not a rock'n'roll frontman...gay? sure...but he could sing and play circles around the others as a rocker...

binnie
05-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Ok, sorry for misunderstanding

Terry
05-23-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
Terry, I think that you're unfair to GOOD ole Mick... I don't disagree with you on all points, by far, but even though I may miss some things as English isn't my mother tongue (but the tongue that's been fascinating me since the age of 7), I'll state that Mick Jagger is a great dude, with a great sense of humour, a very singular - and pleasant, as far as I'm concerned - personality, who wrote unique lyrics (and still does today, since his lines in "A bigger Bang", though it isn't my fave Stones album by very far, were still way above the average best of today...) with an inimitable touch (sorry for the cliche).

He might have screamed his vocals on "Undercover" (one of my fave Stones album, but I have so many) as well as on a non-neglictable part of "Some Girls", "Tattoo You", "Dirty Work" and "Steel Wheels" (to a lesser degree), but I personally love it when he sings his lungs out.
I admit that you don't dig it, really. And yes, "his" Stones aren't what they used to be anymore - but that's what's been heard for soooo long...
OK, a more or less great part of what they've made over the last 25 years isn't really necessary, but let's render unto Mr Jagger what belongs to him: what singer/songwriter can compare to that man, as far as professionalism (though I agree with you, today's Stones aren't the ones they used to be anymore - how slow they are when they dare play "When the whip comes down" or "Respectable"...), performing and personality are concerned, really?
Let's not snub Mick Jagger, I don't think (for what it's worth... ;)) that he desserves it. :cool:

Don't get me wrong: he deserves a place in terms of legendary front-men for what he did up until about 1981, or so.

But since then, he's nothing but a rich old queenie coasting on the legend: none of his solo albums OR any of the post Undercover Stones releases are worthy of what the band was capable of doing.

Let's face it...Mick and the Stones coast along because THEY CAN!

Would never for a moment deny the fury and brilliance of what he/they did through Tattoo You, but since then...well, not really very impressive. Just a bunch of stuff thrown out there that was clearly beneath the band's (and Jagger's) talents.

So yes, for 25 years of coasting on the oldies to sell out stadiums and making half-assed efforts in the studio, ol Mickey-Poo gets the royal snub from me.

Deserves it, too.

If you disagree, god bless!

Peace

Douglas T.
05-24-2006, 08:20 AM
To late to vote .... looks like my BS vote wouldn't have mattered!?

Jérôme Frenchise
05-24-2006, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Terry
So yes, for 25 years of coasting on the oldies to sell out stadiums and making half-assed efforts in the studio, ol Mickey-Poo gets the royal snub from me.

Deserves it, too.

If you disagree, god bless!

Peace

I don't disagree with you on most of what you wrote, the only point was Mick Jagger - I saw him as a cool man with a good nature, pretty funny to listen to (it's just my take), and though the Stones' music isn't as worthy as it was, they still are great guys IMO, apart from their records and stage performances. But of course I can understand that not everybody will think so. :cool:

God bless you too, and yes, peace (we weren't at war, though, were we? :D)

Shaun Ponsonby
05-24-2006, 01:19 PM
By "they" I meant Mercury and Jagger

But it must be me who dislikes Mercury, so I accept that I am probably missing something

I must disagree.

The Rolling Stones MUST be getting new fans if they are still playing stadiums at their age (I can imagine a lot of their original fans to be dead).

And, as for Queen, show me one person who doesn't know "We Will Rock You", "We Are The Champions", "Bohemian Rhapsody", "Another One Bites The Dust", "Flash", "Radio Ga Ga", "A Kind of Magic", "These Are The Days of Our Lives", and I will show you to be a lying bastard who doesn't like hand cream. Queen are always getting new fans because they have so many well known hits, quite a few of which being unofficial "sport anthems"