PDA

View Full Version : Autograph

WARF
05-22-2006, 07:09 PM
Hell Yeah I loved this group, and saw them live in Jacksonville 1984 TOUR!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sKVghmaFXVo"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sKVghmaFXVo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Turn up the radio!!!

Va Beach VH Fan
05-22-2006, 07:40 PM
Pretty much got booed off of the stage in San Diego....

Terry
05-22-2006, 08:12 PM
Saw 'em open in Providence, St.Patty's Day, 1984.

Was before anybody even knew who they were...yeah, they got booed off the stage there as well, and played a REALLY short set (literally about half an hour)...

I remember a huge backdrop behind them, covering all of Van Halen's stage, sos nobody could get a peek at it before Halen came on, and the arena was close to full when Autograph started, but nobody was cheering for them or anything: all you could hear between songs was "You suck" and "HALEN!!"

They were okay as a band, I guess, far as the records I heard later. Very Halenesque, and I remember goofing on Blondes In Black Cars because the lyrics were so stupid (later read Mike Anthony sang background vocals on that)...

other thing I remember was Steve Lynch constantly saying in interviews that he had been tapping before he had even heard of Van Halen, I suppose so people wouldn't just write him off as an Eddie clone...

What else...lead vocalist Steve Plunkett was an ugly bastard, Keni Richards used to jog with Roth and looked retarded when he would hit the snare drum and pretend to hit his head with the other drumstick at the same time...and who can forget the bass playing and background vocals of Randy Rand (talk about a couple of parents who lacked imagination in the "let's name this kid" department).

Unchainme
05-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Do you guys want to hear something really fucking hilliarious?

The lead singer sings the Seventh Heaven Theme Song, No Shit!

Never got into them, Liked Turn up the Radio. I'm more of a Fan Quiet Riot when it comes to Early 80's Hair Metal One Hit Wonders.

FORD
05-23-2006, 01:54 AM
Damn commie bastards anyway

binnie
05-23-2006, 08:09 AM
They were a good band, never saw em tho