PDA

View Full Version : Why The Fuck??? REMAKES!!!

MAX
05-22-2006, 11:29 PM
I just saw a preview for the upcoming "Omen" remake. Jumpin' Fuckin' Judas!!!

Hollywodd has obviously run out of ideas!!! They keep remaking fucking flicks that don't need it.

Is anyone else as sick of this as I am?

How many other classics are they going to redo?

Pathetic...

Redballjets88
05-22-2006, 11:49 PM
up next is miami vice

Nitro Express
05-23-2006, 12:06 AM
No wonder nobody is seeing movies anymore. 99% of it is boring shit.

FORD
05-23-2006, 02:04 AM
I thought the remake of the Omen was already in the White House for the last 6 years.

RuzDNailz
05-23-2006, 02:46 AM
Sometimes I get to thinking that this is what Hollywood has amounted to. If it was a good movie or show 20 years ago.....chances are there will be a remake. Can you imagine the 'A-Team'? Rumor has it that they are going to be remaking Police Academy with the remaining original cast. One of my favourite series, but I think I'm just content
with my DVD set of the originals.

binnie
05-23-2006, 08:08 AM
Yep I am sick of remakes.

The best cinema at the moment is coming out of Asia, Korea in particualr, they are making great thrillers.

Hollywood needs to find some good script writers

They have the actors, directors and effects guys

But there is only so much you can do with turds

Hardrock69
05-23-2006, 12:47 PM
Notice the release date for The Omen....

06/06/06

binnie
05-23-2006, 12:49 PM
That will probably be the highlight, you can't beat the original

Unchainme
05-23-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
up next is miami vice

Which is going to suck, Becauce of the lack of 80's style stuff in it, Which completley made the show. Same thing they're doing with the Warriors. Both Should never be touched as far remakes go.

DavidLeeNatra
05-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Which is going to suck, Becauce of the lack of 80's style stuff in it, Which completley made the show.

same with the starsky&hutch movie...boring shit...

DavidLeeNatra
05-23-2006, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I thought the remake of the Omen was already in the White House for the last 6 years.

:D

Matt White
05-23-2006, 06:50 PM
HOLLYWOOD has a long history of remakes......

That being said...I had heard that a remake of THE UNTOUCHABLES was in the works...then I heard it's a "PREQUEL".....

But...I have heard that some "genius" wants to remake GOODFELLAS......I'll go postal........

Ozzy Fudd
05-23-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by MAX

Hollywodd has obviously run out of ideas!!! They keep remaking fucking flicks that don't need it.

Pathetic...

I gotta tell ya MAX i have no clue why they think remakes are so much better. they FUCKIN SUCK.

WACF
05-24-2006, 12:21 AM
Remake "GOODFELLAS"....holy fuck....just wrong.

I could not believe it when I saw the comercial for the Omen...nice to know I was not the only one cursing Hollyweird's lack of originality,

MAX
05-24-2006, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
But...I have heard that some "genius" wants to remake GOODFELLAS......I'll go postal........

NO FUCKING WAY!!! :mad:

There's NO WAY of improving that flick. Fuck, the movie isn't even that old, then again, neither is The Omen. Fuck, it would be like remaking "Pulp Fiction" or other recent gems.

Just plain dumb.

MAX
05-24-2006, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Ozzy Fudd
I gotta tell ya MAX i have no clue why they think remakes are so much better. they FUCKIN SUCK.

Yeah, the entire premise is absolutely redicules. I mean, even though I don't particularly agree with it, I can somewhat understand older movies cos of technology, i.e. visual effects and shit. Other than that, fuck them.

binnie
05-24-2006, 03:21 AM
Remaking Goodfellas is a hideous idea?

What could you possibly add or reinterpret?

Bottom of the barrel

Unchainme
05-24-2006, 06:01 PM
How about Remaking The Warriors? They are doing that, WHY THE FUCK DO THE WARRIORS NEED REMADE?, THE MOVIE IS A FUCKING CLASSIC, LEAVE IT THE FUCK ALONE!

Same Thing goes With Goodfellas, Some movies need to be left the fuck alone.

Big Troubles
05-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by MAX

Pathetic...

This new generation would think the original Omen is dated, with zero effects and 2 much story.

today movies are gore, zero story and too much sp. effects. I know my kids thought the original Amityville Horror was boring.

Big Troubles
05-24-2006, 08:35 PM
worst movie Ive seen so far this year was Hostel with Poseidon not following too far behind.

Terry
05-24-2006, 09:09 PM
Hollywood has no balls.

Too much money spent to produce flicks with no content, nor redeeming entertainment features, existing only to give todays unable-to-act movie stars something to do.

That's why I laugh when I hear box-office sales are in a downturn, and when today's technology is enabling people to bootleg flicks with more and more ease and excellence, thus putting a dent in video rentals; GOOD! La-la land DESERVES to get screwed out of their money.

I DID enjoy Sin City, Wonderland and United 93, though...but that's three movies out of about 30 in the last few years (wouldn't even be that many, but the old lady likes to go to the movies...she tells me I'm too critical about what we see, to which I reply that I can suspend my disbelief to enjoy a movie, but not my intelligence).

Was there some huge public outcry for an Omen remake?

Have said it before, but I'll say it again: just re-release the fucking originals!

Can't BELIEVE they're fucking remaking the Warriors...

But it's gonna keep on keeping on until people stop going to the theaters and renting that shit.

Coyote
05-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Hollywood has no balls.

Too much money spent to produce flicks with no content, nor redeeming entertainment features, existing only to give todays unable-to-act movie stars something to do.

That's why I laugh when I hear box-office sales are in a downturn, and when today's technology is enabling people to bootleg flicks with more and more ease and excellence, thus putting a dent in video rentals; GOOD! La-la land DESERVES to get screwed out of their money.

Have said it before, but I'll say it again: just re-release the fucking originals!

But it's gonna keep on keeping on until people stop going to the theaters and renting that shit.

All that can be applied to music, too.

Terry
05-24-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Coyote
All that can be applied to music, too.

Was thinking the same thing as I was posting it.:D

Redballjets88
05-24-2006, 09:45 PM
Which is going to suck, Becauce of the lack of 80's style stuff in it, Which completley made the show. Same thing they're doing with the Warriors. Both Should never be touched as far remakes go.

i actually like the idea of the warriors bc a lot of people dont even know that movie exsists and it is a classic. plus i can easily see improvments onto it bc when you boil it down the movie really lacks in a lot of thing...i can say this bc it is probably my favorite movie

Little Texan
05-25-2006, 12:40 AM
I finally saw the remake of The Alamo a few nights ago, and although it was ok, it paled in comparison to the John Wayne version. That is one movie that didn't need remade, and shouldn't have been.

DavidLeeNatra
05-25-2006, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Little Texan
I finally saw the remake of The Alamo a few nights ago, and although it was ok, it paled in comparison to the John Wayne version. That is one movie that didn't need remade, and shouldn't have been.

did they have better special effects in it?

bueno bob
05-25-2006, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by MAX

Pathetic...

Actually, Max, I have to disagree with you on this. The original Omen had a great concept, but the plot, special effects, acting...they all suffered...Omen to me is a movie that has been in need of a remake for many years now...

I recently rewatched it, and I think that a newer version with a bigger budget and more focus will do it wonders...I'm actually very excited about this...

bueno bob
05-25-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
This new generation would think the original Omen is dated, with zero effects and 2 much story.

today movies are gore, zero story and too much sp. effects. I know my kids thought the original Amityville Horror was boring.

Well, I fall into the catagory, but the original Omen wasn't that spectacular of a film...it had potential, but it was lost in shoddy acting (and bad effects)...I've seen it back and forth over the years and have always been slightly disappointed that more wasn't done with it...

I just don't think it was all that exceptional and was a rather blase' horror film to begin with...just my opinion...and you won't catch me saying this sort of thing very often, but I truly believe that a remake will stand a good chance to pick up the slack the original left in it's wake, and I've been hoping for a remake for quite a few years now. There's a lot that can be done with it to improve on the original, I just hope they actually do it...

binnie
05-25-2006, 09:48 AM
Aren't films like songs?

99% of the time the original is better.

But BB you may be right about this one, I love the original, but we may all be surprised.....

bueno bob
05-25-2006, 11:10 AM
Well, yeah. Normally that's the case, but to my mind, the original was just sorta...there...it's a classic because of it's age and popularity, but it's not much better than another B average mid 70's horror flick...run of the mill, as far as mid '70's horror is concerned...there's a lot out there that you didn't hear about that was a lot better...

I'm very either or about remakes in general...

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake? Awful.

The Amityville Horror remake? The same.

Starsky & Hutch? Mildly entertaining and worth the rent.

The Dukes of Hazzard? God awful, but totally opposite of what everybody expected - I was mildly amused by it, considering it had virtually nothing to do with the original Dukes, so on that angle, I was OK with it...

The Hills Have Eyes? There's only one person on the planet who can one-up Wes Craven...and that's Wes Craven...this remake was pointless...

Dawn of the Dead? Surprisingly well done, a more modern look at the originals setting - was worth it.

Walking Tall? Awful...

So...really, I can go either way with a remake...and often times flip flop before watching a particular movie several times and finally making up my mind.

There are some movies that I do think could use a remake to it's own benefit...Daughters of Satan absolutely could, and would make a great remake movie if it's tweaked slightly...

On the flipside, nobody better touch The Exorcist...although I could really get behind seeing Exorcist II: The Heretic repackaged as simply "The Heretic", dropping all "Exorcist" ties - and repackage Exorcist III as Exorcist II (which is how it was novelized)...

Since Don Coscarelli probably isn't ever going to film the final installation of Phantasm, I would be...slightly...very slightly interested in seeing what a remake of Phantasm would be like, although replacing anybody from the cast with anybody else would be atrociously sinful...it was bad enough with that other dickhead playing Mike in Phantasm II...

Although a lot (almost all) of the fans disagree, I'm actually in agreement with Robert Englund about the prospect of a new Freddie Krueger and a reworked version of Nightmare On Elm Street; of course, the original is completely untouchable, but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a new take on it by today's standards...I've even went so far as to re-pen the original script and there's a lot of very cool things that could be done with it...

Anybody touches Star Wars and they're getting their arms broken...and their legs...and their ribs...and...ok, calming down now...

There's been rumors of either Mad Max 4 or a remake of the original Mad Max, replacing Mel Gibson (Mad Max 4 seemed to be the going rumor for a while, but I haven't heard anything...I'd rather see them scrap the whole thing then to go with a remake starring Colin Ferrell or some such shit)...

On that note, the Miami Vice remake looks like fucking garbage...I will consider it an honor to be able to avoid that crap...

So I guess I can go either way. I can also type a long time. Aren't you all fucking envious?

:)

jcook11
05-25-2006, 05:39 PM
Most remakes do suck....Anyone ever see a movie called "DUEL"? It was made in the seventies,starring Dennis Weaver and directed by Steven Spielberg.Great fucking movie! Iwouldn't mind seeing it remade IF they didin't fuck it up.

bueno bob
05-25-2006, 08:03 PM
Exactly my point, and I agree totally. A remake of Duel could be really fun, if it was done correctly...

Big Troubles
05-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Well, I fall into the catagory, but the original Omen wasn't that spectacular of a film...it had potential, but it was lost in shoddy acting (and bad effects)...I've seen it back and forth over the years and have always been slightly disappointed that more wasn't done with it...

Is it safe to assume that the original 1977 Star Wars should not be remade? They could improve on the graphics, acting and add more to the over all story? :D

Unchainme
05-25-2006, 09:34 PM
i'll bet money they will try and remake Knight Rider next.

MAX
05-25-2006, 09:57 PM
Eh, I respectfully disagree with Bueno Bob and BT regarding "The Omen." The cuntcept of the movie was scary and I also don't see where that flick requires visual effects to spice it up? It's all about the story. You also say that the acting was subpar and lackluster? It friggin' had Gregory Peck in it for goodness sakes (or satanic sakes in this case lol) cos it's a classic horror flick.

I agree with Bob about "The Exorcist" as well. That flick STILL and to this day scares the shit out of me. However, that one could use a special effect treatment more than the "Omen." Meaning, the part when Regan's head spins around. However, I still think it should be left alone.

Terry
05-25-2006, 10:10 PM
In comparison to the special effects available today, of course a movie made thirty years ago isn't going to stand up to CGI in terms of realistic images, but the Omen wasn't a movie driven by special effects...

I dunno. Just seems to me that a remake has one strike going against it, which is a lack of originality from the get-go. It's gonna be the same plotline and characters: from the several previews I've seen, it looks like many of the original scenes are being redone the same way for the remake, so I'm not quite sure how punching it up with CGI would make a younger theatergoer who didn't care for the original more inclined to enjoy the remake.

I still think the bottom line to what makes ANY movie worthwhile is the story and the characters in the end. CGI and special effects should just be the icing on top, but these days films decide to use them for the whole cake...

Having said that, I did enjoy the Hills Have Eyes remake...and I preferred Damien:Omen 2 over the Omen anyway (odd, considering I don't care for most sequels)...

Coyote
05-25-2006, 10:28 PM
i'll bet money they will try and remake Knight Rider next.

Wasn't there a rumor about that some time ago?

bueno bob
05-26-2006, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Is it safe to assume that the original 1977 Star Wars should not be remade? They could improve on the graphics, acting and add more to the over all story? :D

I'd imagine somebody will try it, eventually...

bueno bob
05-26-2006, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Coyote
Wasn't there a rumor about that some time ago?

Still is...Hasselhoff's involvement is questionable at this point...rumor had it at first he was going to reprise the role, but they'll probably recast him with Will Farrell at the rate things are going...

bueno bob
05-26-2006, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Eh, I respectfully disagree with Bueno Bob and BT regarding "The Omen." The cuntcept of the movie was scary and I also don't see where that flick requires visual effects to spice it up? It's all about the story. You also say that the acting was subpar and lackluster? It friggin' had Gregory Peck in it for goodness sakes (or satanic sakes in this case lol) cos it's a classic horror flick.

I agree with Bob about "The Exorcist" as well. That flick STILL and to this day scares the shit out of me. However, that one could use a special effect treatment more than the "Omen." Meaning, the part when Regan's head spins around. However, I still think it should be left alone.

I see your point, sure. I can understand that, but...to my mind, IMO only, the original Omen could use a spicing up.

I didn't think on a personal level it was one of Greg Pecks better performances...opinions are like assholes, of course... :)

Drblacwood84
05-27-2006, 10:56 PM
anybody trys to remake my 2 favorite flicks,pulp fiction or spinal tap ill hunt them the fuck down...

Vinnie Velvet
06-02-2006, 12:11 PM
The Exorcist is a fucking classic.

No idiot would ever even try to re-make that one.

I see it as very much like Star Wars -- a remake just can't be done -- and never will.

Grant
06-02-2006, 10:42 PM
Yeah it's fucked, Max! The Omen (the original, of course) is a brilliant film and one of my favourites.

The film's success was indebted to it's great concept, as well as directing by Richard Donner (who also did Superman) and the superb cast including Peck, McKern, Remick, the tortured priest, and the evil nanny, Mrs Ballock. As Terry said, the film was not driven by special effects, the film was struggling to cope with a low budget.

RuzDNailz
06-04-2006, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob

I'm very either or about remakes in general...

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake? Awful.

Well Bob, it at least has Jessica Biel in it. She makes me so happy....

The Amityville Horror remake? The same.

Both were on T.V. tonight and it couldn't watch the remake anymore...

Starsky & Hutch? Mildly entertaining and worth the rent.

Or worth the sneak-in that we did! Nobody was working the tickets so we just walked in unsuspectly.

Dawn of the Dead? Surprisingly well done, a more modern look at the originals setting - was worth it.

It was filmed right near my house in Thornhill Ontario! We got a letter in regards to people who were dressed as zombies. Basically to disregard them. The shopping centre it was filmed in was just about to be torn down and I used to work there many years ago. Just talking about it brings back memories.....

Since Don Coscarelli probably isn't ever going to film the final installation of Phantasm, I would be...slightly...very slightly interested in seeing what a remake of Phantasm would be like, although replacing anybody from the cast with anybody else would be atrociously sinful...it was bad enough with that other dickhead playing Mike in Phantasm II...

They did conclude the Phantasm series with Phantasm 4: Oblivion.
I saw the special screening and got my poster signed by Mr. Coscarelli and Tallman themselves! As long as Reggie Bannister is still there....

Although a lot (almost all) of the fans disagree, I'm actually in agreement with Robert Englund about the prospect of a new Freddie Krueger and a reworked version of Nightmare On Elm Street; of course, the original is completely untouchable, but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a new take on it by today's standards...I've even went so far as to re-pen the original script and there's a lot of very cool things that could be done with it...

Freddy Krueger will always be one of the greatest horror villians out there with Jason and Michael Myers. I grew up on that shit and will always treasure my Nightmare On Elm Street DVD set. All I know is that whatever he and Wes Craven decide to do, will be great. They make a great horror team.
:)

bueno bob
06-04-2006, 08:04 AM
They did conclude the Phantasm series with Phantasm 4: Oblivion.
I saw the special screening and got my poster signed by Mr. Coscarelli and Tallman themselves! As long as Reggie Bannister is still there....

I was always under the impression that there was going to be a "Phantasm's End" shot...eventually...

Bruce Campbell was rumored to be part of it...the story that I had heard was that it was around 2012, the tall man had decimated most of the U.S. with some sort of plague (as was hinted at in a brief scene in Oblivion when Mike was being chased across a seemingly abandoned version of New York by the tall man). He had basically set himself up in the midwest somewhere and everybody knew who he was but nobody could stop him...Mike and Jody were both M.I.A. and Reggie teams up with Ash to stop the tall man before the entire planets fuck-a-rooed...

If Oblivion is the actual END of the series...what a crappy down note to end it on...

At least they went down swinging....

Mr Badguy
06-07-2006, 01:52 PM
I don`t know if anything in the film world is sacred.

Remember that bastard who reshot "Psycho" frame for frame a couple of years ago?

If they can do that, then they can do anything.

At least noone will ever remake "Blazing saddles".