PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden: Moussaoui Not Linked to 9/11

blueturk
05-23-2006, 06:28 PM
When is Dubya's "war on terrorism" going to include bin Laden? Or (as I've said before) was the toppling of Saddam the only mission that Bush wanted to accomplish?

May 23, 2006, 4:47PM
Bin Laden: Moussaoui Not Linked to 9/11

© 2006 The Associated Press

CAIRO, Egypt — Osama bin Laden purportedly said in an audio tape Tuesday that Zacarias Moussaoui _ the only person convicted in the U.S. for the Sept. 11 attacks _ had nothing to do with the operation.

"He had no connection at all with Sept. 11," the speaker, claiming to be bin Laden, said in the tape posted on the Internet.

"I am the one in charge of the 19 brothers and I never assigned brother Zacarias to be with them in that mission," he said, referring to the 19 hijackers.

Bin Laden said Moussaoui's confession _ that he helped plan the attacks _ was "void," calling it the result of "pressures exercised against him during four and a half years" in U.S. prison.

Moussaoui, a 37-year-old Frenchman and admitted al-Qaida member, was sentenced to life in prison earlier this month after a jury ruled that he was responsible for at least one death on Sept. 11.

Two counterterrorism officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said U.S. intelligence is aware of the bin Laden message. One of the officials said there is no reason to doubt its authenticity.

That official said the message is part of bin Laden's continuing effort to demonstrate he is a relevant extremist leader, who is knowledgeable of current events. The official said the message was made for propaganda purposes, and it does not contain any threats.

The audio message, which is less than five minutes long, was transmitted with a still photo of bin Laden.

If authentic, it would be the third by bin Laden this year. In a tape aired on Arab television in March, he denounced the United States and Europe for cutting off funds to the Hamas-led Palestinian government, accusing them of leading a "Zionist" war on Islam, and urged followers to fight any U.N. peacekeeping force in Sudan.

In January, bin Laden said in an audiotape that al-Qaida was preparing new attacks in the United States but offered a truce _ though his lieutenant Ayman al-Zawahri later issued a video saying Washington had refused to take the offer.

The January message was bin Laden's first in over a year, his longest period of silence since the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks in the United States.

His deputy al-Zawahri releases messages more frequently, appearing in videotapes, while bin Laden has not appeared in a video since October 2004.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LoungeMachine
05-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by blueturk

"I am the one in charge of the 19 brothers and I never assigned brother Zacarias to be with them in that mission," Bin Laden said, referring to the 19 hijackers.

"I'm the Decider"

It's getting harder and harder to tell the two apart.......

Neither have been caught, tried, and convicted.

Both use "God" as their excuse to murder people

And don't even start on their Saudi Oil Money connections......

Oh yeah, Bush has lower approval numbers from his "base" ;)

blueturk
05-23-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
"I'm the Decider"

It's getting harder and harder to tell the two apart.......

You got that shit right...

"Bin Laden says his own role is to tell Muslims, quote, 'what is good for them and what is not.'" —George W. Bush, Washington D.C., Oct. 6, 2005