PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl L in Cleveland?

Unchainme
05-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Cleveland Will Ask For Super Bowl L (50)
Written by NewsNet5.com
Tuesday, 23 May 2006

Cleveland Browns Stadium Retractable RoofCLEVELAND -- Cleveland City Council members Monday night approved the proposal to request Super Bowl L (50) be held in Cleveland. As part of the deal, the city will install a retractable dome on the Cleveland Browns Stadium.

Approving the proposal to request the Super Bowl is the first step in a rather lengthy process of getting one of the most popular championship games in sports, WEWS reported.

The cost of putting a retractable dome on the Stadium is estimated at $90 million, but the debate remains on how the project will be funded.

The retractable roof would also permit the stadium to be used year-round for functions other than football.

The developer of the project has created a Web site that shows photos of the roof model and has a downloadable petition.

The petition is available at www.superbowlforcleveland.com.

Here is one more image of the proposed stadium with the construction already installed.

http://www.browns247.com/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=376&Itemid=2

http://www.browns247.com/images/cbs_roof1.jpg

http://www.browns247.com/images/cbs_roof2.jpg

I know What Poj. And VA. are thinking...As Long as they don't WIN a Super Bowl :D
LMMFAO, I'm like the only Browns fan who auctually supports the Idea, I think the Stadium would look Cool.

POJO_Risin
05-23-2006, 09:29 PM
No dude...

I'm thinking...

how nice it would be for the Steelers to WIN that Super Bowl...;)

I actually think it would be great for the City...and doesn't have anything to do with the Browns...so I don't mind it at all...

Cleveland is an awesome city...and having the bowl would only make it better...

Unchainme
05-23-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
how nice it would be for the Steelers to WIN that Super Bowl...;)

You can't win anymore until we win at least one, Have pity on us, LMAO.

Seriously Though, i would love to see the Browns get a Retracable Roof, I've been to the one in Houston and Goddamn it was one of the Nicest Stadiums in the league

Va Beach VH Fan
05-23-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
I know What Poj. And VA. are thinking...As Long as they don't WIN a Super Bowl :D

No, not worried about that at all...

Matter of fact, I don't see the Browns winning the Super Bowl for at least another 15 years or so...

Just being honest....

As for the retractable roof, I hate it...

Part of the home field advantage of playing in Cleveland, like Buffalo and Pittsburgh, is being used to playing in those fridged temperatures....

Unchainme
05-23-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
No, not worried about that at all...

Matter of fact, I don't see the Browns winning the Super Bowl for at least another 15 years or so...

Oh come On...Were just starting to go in the right direction, I see us getting there in at least 10.

Seriously Though...41-0 will not happen next year...I think we are going to shock a lot of people in the league. I see us at least having one close game against you guys.

Va Beach VH Fan
05-24-2006, 11:00 AM
It's possible, for sure...

But as for the SB, sorry bro, that dog ain't huntin' for quite a long time...

jcook11
05-26-2006, 02:43 PM
No domes or retractable roofs..... Football should be played outdoors on grass in the elements!