PDA

View Full Version : Twisted Sister

Mr Badguy
05-24-2006, 08:15 AM
I got tickets to go see TS in Glasgow on June 5.

I had all of their albums on vinyl and hadn`t listened to them for literally years.

I bought them all again on CD recently and was blown away by how good some of that stuff is.

I know most people have a boner for "Stay hungry" but "Under the blade" is the one that caught my ear and still stands as their best IMO.

It`s heady mix of real man metal and punk aggression.

I think the band got a raw deal getting lumped in with all the other hair metal bands as they were far heavier than probably all of them.

TS rocks.

Shaun Ponsonby
05-24-2006, 01:27 PM
I didn't used to like them, I always thought that if they have to dress in drag, then there's something missing in their music. Just goes to show you should never judge a packet of crisps by it's packaging (unless its prawn cocktail-they're just horrible). I saw them supporting ALICE COOPER in November and actually thought TS upstaged ol' Coop. I was confused, cos I wanted to hate them, but as soon as "It's A Long Way To The Top" finished on the PA, and "What You Don't Know" started, I was hooked.

And, "Shoot em Down", please, definatley one of the best rock anthems of all time.

Mr Badguy
05-24-2006, 02:09 PM
PLAY IT LOUD, MUTHA!

bastardog
05-24-2006, 02:17 PM
I simply don't like them......I saw them last year cause Dio was on stage too........I really don't like them.
They have some good songs and I agree that they where heavier that the other hairmetal of the 80's .....but just don't like them.

I hope you enjoy their show (I don't)
...but who cares about my oppinion.....I'm just a guy in a far far away island

binnie
05-24-2006, 02:29 PM
I WANNA ROCK!

Hell yeah good fun metal band

weesfreewheelin
05-24-2006, 03:06 PM
They play this Friday night at the Food Lion Speed Street Festival in Charlotte for FREE. Thats right kiddies, its a free concert that takes place downtown every year prior to the Coca Cola 600 Nascar race weekend.

rustoffa
05-24-2006, 08:46 PM
I saw 'em open for Maiden in '85. Jacksonville Coliseum...they blew Maiden off the stage. Snyder was spitting on people in the front row. Back then they had a shitty chain link fence as the stage backdrop....like 20 feet high. Snyder climbed to the top of it during the "You Can't Stop Rock And Roll" finale...that fucking thing looked like it was fixing to break any second.

That "You Can't Stop Rock And Roll" song?

Timeless.

Terry
05-24-2006, 08:57 PM
Saw them open for Dio in 1984, just as Stay Hungry and We're Not Gonna Take It broke big, and they in no way whatsoever blew Dio off the stage...

Liked what I heard with You Can't Stop Rock and Roll, but Stay Hungry was kinda queer...think it was more their make-up and pink costumes that really turned me off them, although their songs WERE pap...then came their cover of Leader Of The Pack, and it was bye-bye Twisted Sister.

Having said all that, I do like Burn In Hell, The Price and SMF off of Stay Hungry.

Seshmeister
05-24-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
I didn't used to like them, I always thought that if they have to dress in drag, then there's something missing in their music. Just goes to show you should never judge a packet of crisps by it's packaging (unless its prawn cocktail-they're just horrible). I saw them supporting ALICE COOPER in November and actually thought TS upstaged ol' Coop. I was confused, cos I wanted to hate them, but as soon as "It's A Long Way To The Top" finished on the PA, and "What You Don't Know" started, I was hooked.

And, "Shoot em Down", please, definatley one of the best rock anthems of all time.

I saw the same show with Alice and they were surprisingly entertaining. Snider is a good and funny frontman.

That said at least half their songs are fucking rubbish...:)

binnie
05-25-2006, 03:29 AM
LOL!

But they are fun

Shaun Ponsonby
05-25-2006, 08:07 AM
They aren't a studio band, they're a live band.

Full Bug
05-25-2006, 10:39 AM
Twisted Sister 1st TV Appearence 1979
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NqrCG3ZuVo&search=twisted%20sister
Dee Snider isnt exactly the worlds best singer, but he really blows in this video, I dont know the name of the song....

WACF
05-26-2006, 01:16 AM
That would be "Under the blade"...nice find.

Cool to aee it but damn...did they ever look gay.

Dave's Bitch
05-26-2006, 10:10 AM
i like Twisted Sister,there amazing live

bueno bob
05-26-2006, 10:48 AM
Stay Hungry is a great rotation...

I'm one of the 7 people in the world who actually liked Love is for Suckers...sorry...

Great live band...no match for Dio, though...

Don't know about Maiden...

TS looks silly, but they're fun, and that's all the attraction right there.

Shaun Ponsonby
05-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Indeed...

binnie
05-26-2006, 12:25 PM
Hell yeah

WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT!

Full Bug
05-26-2006, 03:00 PM
I really like the song 'The Price', not really sure why.....
UTube has quite a few videos there, the vid for You Cant Stop Rock N Roll is pretty funny....

Full Bug
05-26-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
i like Twisted Sister,there amazing live

http://www.online-thecatsmeow.com/images/Emoticons/dictionary.gifhttp://www.smileypad.com/v224/Happy/Big-Smile.gif

sadaist
05-27-2006, 06:26 AM
mid 80's I bought tix to see them at the San Diego Sports Arena with Dokken opening. I actually wanted to see Dokken more. I bought the ticket 5 days before the show and got 18th row. Why? Unfortunately that was all the tickets they had sold up to that point. The show was cancelled the day before it was to happen. So I never got to see them live.

Mr Badguy
05-27-2006, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I'm one of the 7 people in the world who actually liked Love is for Suckers...sorry...

I like "Love is for suckers", although it sounds more like a Kiss album than TS.

"Come out and play" sucked.

"Leader of the pack" and "Be crool to your school" as singles?

No wonder they bombed.

The_KiD
05-27-2006, 01:55 PM
They are a lot of fun live and I always find myself humming their tunes.. Dee Snyder seems pretty down to earth as well...

KiD

Shaun Ponsonby
05-27-2006, 04:48 PM
There's a great bit on the Wacken DVD where there is a clip of them at a press conference announcing that they are going to play some shows for the troops in Iraq or Afghanistan or whatever, and Dee goes "We think that it's the right thing to do for the right reasons. Plus, if the Iraqies see us, they're gonna go "Fuck! If that's what American women look like, we ain't gonna fuck with the American men"". Great quote.

Mr Badguy
06-01-2006, 07:56 AM
BTW, if any of the Scotch members are heading to the gig keep an eye out for me.

I`ll be wearing my black Rose Tattoo vest (I like to show off my tatts) and wearing my long blonde hair down like a girl.

I should be in the Solid Rock Cafe from around 2:30 until showtime (if I can get a seat, otherwise I`ll be in the Witherspoon`s pub around the corner).

Meet that cunt called Mr Badguy.

ALMOSTsaved
06-01-2006, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by bastardog
I simply don't like them......I saw them last year cause Dio was on stage too........I really don't like them.
They have some good songs and I agree that they where heavier that the other hairmetal of the 80's .....but just don't like them.

I hope you enjoy their show (I don't)
...but who cares about my oppinion.....I'm just a guy in a far far away island

Wait I'm not clear on what you're saying here. Do you or don't you like them? :D

Shaun Ponsonby
06-02-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
BTW, if any of the Scotch members are heading to the gig keep an eye out for me.

I`ll be wearing my black Rose Tattoo vest (I like to show off my tatts) and wearing my long blonde hair down like a girl.

I should be in the Solid Rock Cafe from around 2:30 until showtime (if I can get a seat, otherwise I`ll be in the Witherspoon`s pub around the corner).

Meet that cunt called Mr Badguy.

Wow, sounds like a treat for all.

Mr Badguy
06-02-2006, 01:34 PM
You bet your ass!

Golden AWe
06-02-2006, 01:51 PM
I already had the tickets to see them and WASP next week but the bachelor party...fakk

Shaun Ponsonby
06-03-2006, 10:28 AM
There's a little interview with Dee in Classic Rock this month, and he says that this will be their last tour in Europe, cos "We're in our 50s and kicking ass, and I want to leave it that way">

True dat.

The_KiD
06-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
There's a little interview with Dee in Classic Rock this month, and he says that this will be their last tour in Europe, cos "We're in our 50s and kicking ass, and I want to leave it that way">

True dat.

Nice..

KiD