PDA

View Full Version : Right?

Simplywonderful
04-17-2004, 03:49 PM
Most new or newer music sucks. The old shit is actually music and not all this fake bull shit with people who have no talent but have pretty faces. I never listen to the radio anymore because it's all these man made talents with matching costumes and insink dance moves. I like music that when you hear it you relate or feel the music. Although some of the newer hevey bands I enjoy.

Ally_Kat
04-17-2004, 10:22 PM
some of the new stuff is okay, but the okay stuff either doesn't get recognition or very little airplay.

I usually stick to listening to the Classic Rock or the Oldies station.

DaveIsKing
04-17-2004, 10:27 PM
I completely agree with the both of ya!

DAVE IS GOD

Panamark
04-18-2004, 02:52 AM
Its a sad reflection of the current music industry that a pretty face can be more successful than a genuine talented musician. Everynow and then you hear a new Rock song that gives some hope.

PHOENIX
04-18-2004, 07:53 AM
The way i see it is that it sucks to me. Cause i cant relate to it. But i guess its like someone who grew up with 50's music. He must have thought the 70's rock bands sucked.

Coyote
04-18-2004, 08:10 AM
I'd rather listen to Hendrix than, say, Linkin Park. More soul in it...

Big Troubles
04-18-2004, 09:35 AM
Linkin Park, Kid Rock, Method's etc....so many crap bands. they are watered down versions of what rock is supposed to be. Its sickening.
Darkness has promise, but time will tell. I dont know about where you guys live, but all I get on my radio is timberlake, maddona and shit like that. Once every few hours they will play something hard. But in general, Im in hell. (they do play VH, and when they do it's Dave VH) ;) Unchained. Everybody Wants Some, Hot for Teacher and panama are favourites when played.

David Van Via
04-22-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Darkness has promise, but time will tell.

All they ever play on the radio here (Scotland, UK) is the Darkness and it was good at first. But when all you hear is I believe in a thing called Love and Love is Only a Feeling and occasionally Growing on Me it gets annoying. However they are putting catchy guitar lines and half descent solos on radio.

DLR_EngineRoom
04-22-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Simplywonderful
Most new or newer music sucks. The old shit is actually music and not all this fake bull shit with people who have no talent but have pretty faces. I never listen to the radio anymore because it's all these man made talents with matching costumes and insink dance moves. I like music that when you hear it you relate or feel the music. Although some of the newer hevey bands I enjoy.

I agree for the most part. There's a few rock acts that would be great to pass the 'rock n' roll torch', but let's face it, most 'music' today have lost touch with what music is supposed to be.

By the way, did you know that Fountains Of Wayne's now infamous video for 'Stacey's Mom' is a tribute to Van Halen's Hot For Teacher video. To hint at their salute; you may notice someone wearing a Van Halen 1984 Tshirt near the beginning of the video.