05-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Pending......................

ELVIS
05-26-2006, 11:41 AM
AWESOME THREAD...:rolleyes:

ELVIS
05-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Police Probing Reports of Gunfire

May 26, 2006 (http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/05/26/D8HRI2TG0.html)

By DAVID ESPO

Police investigated reports of gunfire in a House office building on Friday and briefly sealed off the Capitol as a precaution.

Capitol police were investigating "the sound of gunfire in the garage level of the Rayburn House Office Building," said an announcement on the internal Capitol voice alarm system.

The Senate was in session at the time, but the House was not as most lawmakers had left for the Memorial Day recess. Four ambulances were on standby outside Rayburn as police methodically searched the office building. Police lined the street between the Capitol and the Rayburn building, rifles prominently displayed.

There was no confirmation of gunfire. The FBI said there have been no injuries reported.

Capitol police scheduled a noon EDT briefing.

There was no confirmation of gunfire and the Capitol was re-opened within an hour.

Rep. Peter Hoekstra, R-Mich., conducting a House Intelligence Committee hearing, interrupted a witness to request those attending the meeting to remain in the room and said the doors must be closed.

"It's a little unsettling to get a Blackberry message put in front of you that says there's gunfire in the building," he said.

"They said they heard gunfire in the Rayburn garage, but this is a huge building, I'm guessing it's a car backfiring or balloons popping," said Gene Smith, chief of staff to Rep. Howard Berman, D- Calif., who has an office in Rayburn.

The Rayburn House Office Building was completed in early 1965 and is the third of three office buildings constructed for the United States House of Representatives. It sits southwest of the Capitol. The building has four stories above ground, two basements, and three levels of underground garage space.

The U.S. Capitol Police Department's Containment & Emergency Response Team maintains an indoor shooting range in the basement of the Rayburn building, according to the department's Web site.

Within minutes of the reports, Rayburn halls were virtually empty and police were not allowing anyone to leave or take elevators or stairs to the garage.

The event occurred at the end of a week of unusually tumultuous series of events that ironically enough, began in the same building. FBI agents armed with a search warrant seized documents and computer material from the first office of Rep. William Jefferson in an weekend raid. Jefferson is at the center of a federal bribery investigation.

At the Capitol, police quickly closed all doors, stopping people from either entering the building. Tourists who were in the building were herded into a first-floor chamber in the middle of the building. Other corridors on the House side of the building, where lawmakers had already left for the Memorial Day recess, were deserted.

:elvis:

jcook11
05-26-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
AWESOME THREAD...:rolleyes:

Thanks King no speculating on my part.:D

ELVIS
05-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Apparently not...:D

FORD
05-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

"They said they heard gunfire in the Rayburn garage, but this is a huge building, I'm guessing it's a car backfiring or balloons popping," said Gene Smith, chief of staff to Rep. Howard Berman, D- Calif., who has an office in Rayburn.

I'm guessing it's the BCE clearing the building so they can search more congressmen's offices without warrants. :mad:

jcook11
05-26-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I'm guessing it's the BCE clearing the building so they can search more congressmen's offices without warrants. :mad:

Meth this early in the morning FORD?

FORD
05-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by jcook11
Meth this early in the morning FORD?

No thanks, but you go ahead....

jcook11
05-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Move along folks nothing to see here!

FORD
05-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Apparently there was nothing to see at the Rayburn Building either.

Like I said.... the BCE needed access to someone's office, and all the judges who could give them a warrant probably took a 4 day weekend.

ELVIS
05-26-2006, 06:02 PM
Who's office ??

ELVIS
05-26-2006, 06:04 PM
Reuters (http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyid=2006-05-26T203329Z_01_WAT005674_RTRUKOC_0_US-CONGRESS-GUNFIRE-LOCKDOWN.xml&src=rss&rpc=22)

A mammoth U.S. House of Representatives office building reopened on Friday after a floor-by-floor search by police indicated sounds thought to be gunshots were probably noises made by construction workers, the U.S. Capitol Police reported.

:elvis:

FORD
05-26-2006, 06:20 PM
"construction workers" who had open access to an empty building??

Like the "sprinkling system" crew that had access to the World Trade Center?

I guess we'll find out soon enough. As soon as they have propagandized Iran enough, most likely.