PDA

View Full Version : LeBron to be named rookie of the year...

POJO_Risin
04-17-2004, 11:57 PM
James averaged 20.9 points, 5.9 assists and 5.5 rebounds, drawing 16 sellout crowds to the Cavs' home arena and several more on the road. James' popularity made his jersey the best seller at the NBA's store in New York and through the league's Web site, and he helped the Cavs improve from 17 wins to 35.

Anthony led the Denver Nuggets into the playoffs, averaging 21.0 points, 6.1 rebounds and 2.8 assists. But James, 19, was only the third rookie in NBA history to average at least 20 points, five rebounds, and five assists, joining Oscar Robertson and Michael Jordan.

His season-high was 41 points on March 27 against New Jersey made him the youngest player in league history to reach 40 points. James scored at least 30 points 13 times.

James was the Eastern Conference's rookie of the month in every month this season. He will become the first player in Cavs history to win the award.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think this is a good call...although one I'm sure Stern had planned from the start...

Phil da Stalker
04-18-2004, 12:03 AM
..i've got cum in mmy pants..

..r u fram Cleve-land?

alexpgrimes
04-18-2004, 12:16 AM
I was skeptical about Lebron at the begining of the season. After watching the kid play, you can't deny his talent. He's also a humble person. His mama raised him right unlike these thugs now a days in the NBA.

POJO_Risin
04-18-2004, 12:21 AM
only the third to average 20...5 boards and 5 assists as a rookie in the NBA...

the others...Jordan...and the Big O...

not bad company...

it will be fun watching this kid get even better...

DLRismydad
04-18-2004, 11:57 AM
I think Carmelo was robbed.I mean he came in and took a consistanly awful nuggets team and got them into the playoffs in the ultra tough western conference.Lebron's cavs collasped down the stretch and missed the playoffs in the pitiful east.

ALinChainz
04-18-2004, 01:09 PM
The hype he faced was enormous. Carmelo had a much better supporting cast, even in the tougher West.

LeBron has a much better relationship with his coaches and team mates than Anthony does in my opinion. Against the Pistons in their last meeting this season, Andre Miller and couple others were irate during a time out, about the rookie's shot slection (how many and when) and his lack of effort on the defensive end. Carmelo took himself out and REFUSED to go back in. Refused? A rookie? Jordan called him on the phone a couple days after and told him how wrong that was.

He is a solid player and is going to be great, but I think LeBron had the bigger load to carry. He saved the Cavs, and like POJO said, Stern is banking on him being the next Jordan.

knuckleboner
04-18-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by alexpgrimes
His mama raised him right unlike these thugs now a days in the NBA.

uh...you mean the mom that "bought" him a $70K hummer H2 during high school?

if lebron's not a thug, it's because he's a decent person.

but my guess is that if it meant that she would've still gotten paid once her meal ticket hit, mrs. james would've let him get away with whatever he wanted.

High Life Man
04-18-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin

I think this is a good call...although one I'm sure Stern had planned from the start...

The NBA rigged? Never.....

:D