PDA

View Full Version : Best NFL rivalries of the upcoming season

POJO_Risin
05-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Not sure I agree with one...I DO think the Steeler/Bengal games will mean more...and there are 2 of them...

but here they are...1 at a time...in this guy from Sportsline's view...

#1...Indianapolis-New England

When the Colts moved out of the AFC East, they thought they put the Patriots in their rearview mirror. Uh-huh, Richard Hatch thought he was clear of the IRS, too. Since the NFL realigned in 2002, the Colts and Patriots have met five times -- with Indianapolis finally breaking through last year with a victory in Foxborough. The Colts didn't just shake off that 800-pound gorilla; they pinned him with a 40-21 rout of the then-defending Super Bowl champions. That was supposed to be the breakthrough, but wouldn't you know it? They get to play the Patriots again ... and again it's in Foxborough, site of their last four games with New England. So here we go again with Peyton against Bill, Adam against the wind and Indy against the odds. Hallelujah.

Well...I think it's #2 for next season...but that's just me...

POJO_Risin
05-28-2006, 06:05 PM
2. Dallas-Philadelphia
The Philadelphia Eagles don't talk about Terrell Owens. In fact, Donovan McNabb never mentioned his name at the team's minicamp. But you better believe he's on their minds. The two first meet Oct. 8 in Philadelphia, and no, I wouldn't want to be working security at the hotel where the Cowboys stay the night before. Owens is not liked by the Eagles, but he's positively abhorred by dyspeptic fans who insist he sabotaged their club. This is liable to get ugly, and I'm not talking about what happens on the field. This may be the first time we may have to cover the parking lot. A year ago the good people of Philadelphia burned Owens in effigy and tossed No. 81 jerseys into a bonfire ... and he wasn't even playing. I can't imagine what they do for an encore, but I'll be watching.

Now...I would have this at #3...but it could be #1...these games...especially the one if Philly...will be massacre-like...

POJO_Risin
05-28-2006, 06:08 PM
#3...

3. Cincinnati-Pittsburgh
Now we have a rivalry. The Bengals made sure of it last year when they zoomed to the top of the division, won in Pittsburgh and wide receiver Chad Johnson compared the Steelers to a black and white TV. Then the playoffs arrived, and, suddenly, the division is in black and white. Again. Now Palmer goes off on the Steelers, and so what? I'd feel that way, too, if I just lost a playoff game where my knee was twisted into a pretzel. "Carson Palmer only beat us one time," linebacker Larry Foote told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, "so he should hate us." Exactly. But Carson Palmer is not the issue here; the Bengals' front seven is. In three of Pittsburgh's last four defeats of Cincinnati, the Steelers had someone run for at least 123 yards. So you hate the Steelers? Then hire someone who can tackle.

You can't say it any better than that...

they can't stop the Steeler run game...

and the Steelers are the better team...

Palmer will regress a bit with the leg...

Ben is on the way up...and his receivers are as good this year...period...

fuck Cincy...but this rivalry will be the most intersting next year...

POJO_Risin
05-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Advertisement

4. Denver-Kansas City
Fans would choose Oakland-Kansas City as the better rivalry; players would point to this game. So would I, and here's why: While Raiders-Chiefs games always seem to be separated by the thinnest of margins, the Raiders haven't won one since 2002. That's six straight and seven of the last eight. Plus, they're 13-35 the past three seasons. The Silver and Black is more like the Silver, Black and Blue, and no thanks. But Kansas City-Denver ... now, there's a pairing that's unpredictable -- unless, of course, you're talking about someone winning on the road. The Broncos lost six of their last seven at Arrowhead Stadium, while the Chiefs lost their last five in Denver. I love symmetry, and this series has it. Dating back to 1992, Kansas City has 15 wins. Denver has 14.

this is a great series...and it does always seem to have playoff implications...

POJO_Risin
05-28-2006, 06:10 PM
#5Carolina went to the NFC championship game last year; Atlanta went the year before that; Carolina was there in 2003. Yeah, this game means something. Granted, making a choice here was a close call between Carolina-Tampa Bay and Carolina-Atlanta, but the recent history of these two pushed this series over the top. Until last season Atlanta owned the Panthers, winning nine of the last 10. Then Carolina woke up and, boom, just like that we have ourselves a horse race. Gimme this rivalry because A) I believe these are the top two teams in the NFC South and B) because I believe in history. Over the last four years someone in this division reached the NFC championship game and went on to the Super Bowl twice. Oh, and one more thing: They just added Keyshawn Johnson and outspoken rookie Jimmy Williams to the equation, which means all gag orders are off. Perfect.

If Atlanta is any better that is...this series should be interesting...

Romeo Delight
05-28-2006, 06:25 PM
Can't wait for Dallas v. Philly!:wow2:

LoungeMachine
05-28-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
#5Carolina went to the NFC championship game last year;

Amd got beat down by the better team....

POJO_Risin
05-28-2006, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Nah...not at all the case...

1. Seattle won a home game...

2. Carolina's D is superior...

3. Their offense was decimated...as they were using THEIR 5TH STRING RUNNING BACK!

The ONLY position that Seattle excels in over Carolina in that instance was QB...

and circumstance...

Va Beach VH Fan
05-28-2006, 06:51 PM
#3...

3. Cincinnati-Pittsburgh
Now we have a rivalry. The Bengals made sure of it last year when they zoomed to the top of the division, won in Pittsburgh and wide receiver Chad Johnson compared the Steelers to a black and white TV. Then the playoffs arrived, and, suddenly, the division is in black and white. Again. Now Palmer goes off on the Steelers, and so what? I'd feel that way, too, if I just lost a playoff game where my knee was twisted into a pretzel. "Carson Palmer only beat us one time," linebacker Larry Foote told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, "so he should hate us." Exactly. But Carson Palmer is not the issue here; the Bengals' front seven is. In three of Pittsburgh's last four defeats of Cincinnati, the Steelers had someone run for at least 123 yards. So you hate the Steelers? Then hire someone who can tackle.

You can't say it any better than that...

they can't stop the Steeler run game...

and the Steelers are the better team...

Palmer will regress a bit with the leg...

Ben is on the way up...and his receivers are as good this year...period...

fuck Cincy...but this rivalry will be the most intersting next year...

Cincy has surpassed Baltimore and even Cleveland for top rivalry in the division...

It's gonna get downright nasty, it should be great....

Don't forget after the Super Bowl and during the parade in downtown Pittsburgh, Cowher must've taunted Cincy about 20 times with "Who Dey" chants....

Chad can talk all he wants, but he might want to at least score a touchdown against the Steelers this year....

POJO_Risin
05-28-2006, 07:02 PM
Who dey?

We dey...

lmfao...dumbasses...

Switch84
05-31-2006, 06:54 PM

:D :D :D Which made my day! The look of pure defeat on Steve Smith's smug munchkin face is the stuff dreams are made of!

Thank you, Seattle!!!

FYI: The talk around the ATL is that they're going to RULE their division again and crush the Panthers.

POJO_Risin
05-31-2006, 06:58 PM
Atlanta will never rule a thing with the joke of a quarterback...running the West Coast Offense anyways...

although their fucking Defense will be spectacular...

Didn't they sign Abraham?

Carolina will be at the top...or near it...in the NFC...

POJO_Risin
05-31-2006, 06:59 PM
Wait a second...you mean people in Atlanta think Atlanta is going to crush Carolina...

;)

go figure...

Switch84
05-31-2006, 07:15 PM
Wait a second...you mean people in Atlanta think Atlanta is going to crush Carolina...

;)

go figure...

:D Buwhahahaha, I KNEW you'd double back and re-read what I posted, Pojo Baby!

Yes, these yahoos are pissing themselves with excitement about "Going to the Superbowl and WINNING IT"! It was just a couple of months ago when they contemplated trading Warrick Dunn and tossing TJ Duckett (he is gone, I think) during that players union cap agreement almost going bust! These boneheads wanted to get rid of Matt Schaub, too, their only suitable back-up to Michael Vick!

It's got to be something in the water down here, and that's why I buy mine bottled...

ROFLMMFAOBT

POJO_Risin
05-31-2006, 07:22 PM
They should have gotten rid of Dunn and Duckett...

they need a workhorse in there...,

jcook11
06-01-2006, 03:03 AM
I wonder if T.O. has rehearsed what he is going to do in his first game at Texas stadium after the stunt he pulled when he was with San Fran.

POJO_Risin
06-01-2006, 07:41 AM
No doubt about it...

I'm wondering what he's going to do in PHILADELPHIA though...

it could get ugly...

I kid you not...he could get shot...

guwapo_rocker
06-01-2006, 08:47 AM
2. Dallas-Philadelphia
The Philadelphia Eagles don't talk about Terrell Owens. In fact, Donovan McNabb never mentioned his name at the team's minicamp. But you better believe he's on their minds. The two first meet Oct. 8 in Philadelphia, and no, I wouldn't want to be working security at the hotel where the Cowboys stay the night before. Owens is not liked by the Eagles, but he's positively abhorred by dyspeptic fans who insist he sabotaged their club. This is liable to get ugly, and I'm not talking about what happens on the field. This may be the first time we may have to cover the parking lot. A year ago the good people of Philadelphia burned Owens in effigy and tossed No. 81 jerseys into a bonfire ... and he wasn't even playing. I can't imagine what they do for an encore, but I'll be watching.

Now...I would have this at #3...but it could be #1...these games...especially the one if Philly...will be massacre-like...

I can't fucking wait for this!!!!

jcook11
06-01-2006, 02:03 PM
No doubt about it...

I'm wondering what he's going to do in PHILADELPHIA though...

it could get ugly...

I kid you not...he could get shot...

You know he will do something stupid....he can't help himself

POJO_Risin
06-01-2006, 06:44 PM
He's probably already got it mapped out...

and I hate Dallas enough to actually look forward to it...

Parcells AND TO may die on the same day...

TO getting shot...

and Parcells...a heartattack after having shot TO...

gamaradiation2
06-09-2006, 12:35 PM

come on man be nice to my cats. i know they got murdered in the nfc title game but you didn't have to say it like that, instead you should've said it like "the seahawks only beat them because they caught them unhealthy" but i'm not making any excuses though i know they were the better team.

gamaradiation2
06-09-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Switch84
:D :D :D Which made my day! The look of pure defeat on Steve Smith's smug munchkin face is the stuff dreams are made of!

Thank you, Seattle!!!

FYI: The talk around the ATL is that they're going to RULE their division again and crush the Panthers.

you're officially on my ppl i hate list. are you a bears fan or something? you'll just go in my concentration camps that i'm putting all the gay ppl in.

ps im the biggest carolina fan in the universe so um yeah that explains this post.

Redballjets88
06-09-2006, 12:50 PM
do the Titans and Raves play? that could have a good story line....mcnair vs his old team....and if Vince Young is playing then it will be Vince vs. his mentor

VHdamaco
06-09-2006, 09:23 PM

who should thank a rookie cornerback and an aging qb...

Switch84
06-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by gamaradiation2
you're officially on my ppl i hate list. are you a bears fan or something? you'll just go in my concentration camps that i'm putting all the gay ppl in.

ps im the biggest carolina fan in the universe so um yeah that explains this post.

:D Fuck you AND your Pussy cats! The ONLY reason they got a chance to face Seattle was due to my Crew falling asleep on the job. Da Bears beat Carolina's ass before and it's their fault they didn't do it in January!

No worries. That won't happen again.

BTW, I'm a certified 100%, diehard BEARAHOLIC, BEEYOTCH!

Buwhahahahahahahahahahaaaa!!

Don't be a hater because my Chi-town Posse won when they went to the Superbowl and your PUSSY cats didn't (Thank YOU, Patriots)!

Switch84
06-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Switch84
:D Fuck you AND your PUSSY cats!

Don't be a hater because my Chi-town Posse won when they went to the Superbowl and your PUSSY cats didn't (Thank YOU, Patriots)!

:D Here's another "FUCK YOU"...Chicago is one of the legendary old school clubs that started football as we know it, not a wannabe, punk ass expansion team (ala Carolina PUSSY cats). There's no GEORGE S. HALAS in Charlotte, BITCH.

POJO_Risin
06-11-2006, 08:01 PM
History is just that...History...

Halas was the shit though...I will give that...

and WAS everything that the ROONEYS are now...

I'll save my comments about the bears for the season...

I think Rex just may be the real deal...if he doesn't get hurt by the notorious winds there in Chicago...and they are certainly heading in the right direction...

We'll see though...

gamaradiation2
06-22-2006, 11:33 PM
hey guys i wasnt tryin to start anything but now i will say some stuff. its just u were probly upset that my team was too much for the bears to handle in the postseason. how many times has that happened, twice in a row for them?2001 13-3 and get bounced by philly how sad.u just wish the bears could be as good as my cats. and dont even say anything about past super bowls i mean its not 1985 any more live into now. i dont even care about the panthers super bowl year any more. its over and done with so lets move on. ur almost as bad as those dolphin fans stuck in 1972 to me. i like to have a little class as a fan but u angered me. ur just mad cause my expansion team is better than ur so called 'legendary' bears. so fuck u

EbDawson
06-23-2006, 02:02 AM
OK.

POJO_Risin
06-23-2006, 01:52 PM
and here we go...

The Panthers are a better team than the Bears...until the Bears can show some offense...

POJO_Risin
06-23-2006, 01:53 PM
Speaking of offense...

and the Bengals/Steelers...

perhaps Cincinnati and Pittsburgh will have a split screen during their games of Henry and Holmes playing chess together in prison...