PDA

View Full Version : The Summer Tour

POJO_Risin
04-18-2004, 12:37 AM
...ever taken time off and traveled about the country...visiting as many major league parks as possible?

I've done a two week long tour a few years back...starting at Coors field...and ending at Fenway...

I made stops at Coors, KC, St. Louis...Wrigley and Commiskey...Cincinnati...Cleveland...Pittsburgh and Boston...

Wanted to hit New York...but there weren't any home games the week we were there...took a lot of planning as well to get a two week stretch that would get us all those games...worked out great...

BrownSound1
04-18-2004, 08:26 PM
That's when you blew all of the security guards so they would let you in, isn't it?

Lou
04-18-2004, 09:18 PM
Never had the time to do that, wish I did though. Here are the major/minor league ballparks I've been to:

Major league:
Veterans Stadium
Citizens Bank Park (last Friday night, great game!)
Baltimore Memorial Stadium
Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Fenway Park

Minor league (don't know the stadium names):
Wilmington Blue Rocks (Wilmington, DE)
Reading Phillies
Richmond Braves
Orlando Rays (the outfield view is the Citrus Bowl)

ALinChainz
04-18-2004, 10:13 PM
Never have, but sounds like a damn good time. Would like to see a Lions game on the road and drive back in time to catch them at home the following week.

I think I would like to go on a Hall of Fame tour also. Fewer stops, shorter trip, and still a major sports rush.

High Life Man
04-18-2004, 10:57 PM
Never did a long trip, my buddy did that a couple years back and loved it.

I try to go to a different ballpark every summer. Last year was Minnesota and Yankee and Camden Yards. The summer before was Arlington (the best ballpark after Wrigley) and the summer before that was Fenway.

There's always a trip or two to the north side of Chicago. Especially when they are playing the Brewers. Lots of fun.

POJO_Risin
04-19-2004, 12:10 AM
There are some damn fine ballparks out there...

what surprises me though is that there are really only three time old time parks out there...Yankee Stadium in '23...Fenway and Wrigley...in the teens...

after that...I think Shea in the 60's...

these retro parks are pretty sweet though...

Best park I've been too though...jeez...Coors and the Jake are solid...I liked them better than Camden for some reason...but I wonder had I have gone to Camden first...if I wouldn't have thought differently...

of course...Camden was first...and the Jake and Coors (amongst others) had improvements based on Camden...so maybe that's why...

I'm going to try and get to Cooperstown this year...of all the Fames...this one is the finest...

POJO_Risin
04-19-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Brownsound1
That's when you blew all of the security guards so they would let you in, isn't it?

You must be getting my trip confused with your "Redneck Squeal Like a Pig '89 tour" in which you and your finely tuned butt buddies toured out of the way rivers....Deliverance style...

alexpgrimes
04-19-2004, 12:31 AM
I've never done that. Twona and I have done the strip club tour around Cleveland a few times. That's always a good time.

POJO_Risin
04-19-2004, 12:33 AM
LMFAO bro...I'll have to let you know the next time that I'm in town...

alexpgrimes
04-19-2004, 12:46 AM
No problem. We'll show you the seedier side of town...lol

POJO_Risin
04-19-2004, 01:01 AM
Dude...I'm a townie bro...

I've been to Pinky's, Christies, and the Circus...to name a few...

been to more...by why get lurid...;)

rumor has it Cleve has a Penthouse Key Club nowadays...this true?

GAR
04-25-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by alexpgrimes
I've never done that. Twona and I have done the strip club tour around Cleveland a few times. That's always a good time.

I didn't know you two were dancers..

Lou
04-25-2004, 11:13 PM
Dodger Stadium was the '50s, I'm guessing that's the fourth-oldest stadium in the US.