PDA

View Full Version : Pentagon Reports Cheney LIED

LoungeMachine
05-30-2006, 10:50 PM
Iraq Insurgency Likely to Stay Strong Into 2007, Pentagon Says

May 30 (Bloomberg) -- Sunni and Shiite insurgents will remain strong and capable of attacking U.S. and Iraqi forces until at least next year and some hardliners have joined forces with al-Qaeda, the U.S. Defense Department reported today.

``The Sunni Arab insurgents have effective and collaborative leadership, resiliency and links with the Sunni Arab political leadership,'' the report states. Al-Qaeda ``remains intent on instigating civil war.''

The U.S. Senate last November approved a resolution, spearheaded by Armed Services Committee Chairman John Warner, a Virginia Republican, calling on the administration to make 2006 a year of significant political and military transition in Iraq.

Today's report was issued in response to lawmakers' demand, incorporated in this year's defense spending legislation, that the Pentagon tell Congress each quarter about progress in Iraq.

Other assessments have suggested the progress toward President George W. Bush's goals in Iraq has faltered. The Pentagon's inspector general for Iraq reconstruction reported May 1 that the U.S. effort to rebuild the country is running out of time and money as the year-end deadline approaches for handing most of the work off to the Iraqis.

At least 46 people died today in three separate bomb blasts in Iraq, according to the Associated Press. Separately, the U.S. military will send a 3,500-member armored brigade to Iraq's Anbar province to try to provide security for Sunni leaders who have been attacked since they began to work with the U.S. in November, a Pentagon spokesman said today.

`Political Vacuum'

Sectarian violence increased in recent months because of the ``political vacuum'' resulting from the delay in naming a government following the December parliamentary elections, the report said.

The insurgents' ``strength will likely remain steady throughout 2006 but their appeal and motivation for continued violent action will begin to wane in early 2007,'' it said. At the same time it warns that some of those groups are aligning with al-Qaeda and other foreign fighters.

The report also says that public opinion and the fact that most of the attacks are concentrated in four provinces, including Baghdad and Anbar, suggest the risk of full-scale civil war is low.

`Difficult Times'

Bush said today he remains confident in the future of democracy in Iraq and said the U.S. is committed to seeing the new government there succeed.

``Although there's been some very difficult times for the Iraqi people, I am impressed by the courage of the leadership, impressed by the determination of the people,'' Bush said at the White House as Iraq's new ambassador, Samir Sumaidaie, formally presented his credentials.

Iraqi security forces have the lead in planning and executing operations in 30,000 square miles of Iraq -- an increase of 20,000 square miles from earlier this year, the Pentagon report said.

As of mid-May, 117,900 Ministry of Defense personnel have been trained and equipped -- or about 86 percent of the authorized force level, the report said. Another 145,500 Ministry of Interior police and border forces have been trained and equipped -- or about 77 percent of their authorized number.

``They are increasingly putting an Iraqi face on the counter- insurgency operations and are performing well,'' Lieutenant General Gene Renurt, strategic plans director for the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told reporters at the Pentagon.

floyd95
05-30-2006, 11:02 PM
what did cheney say about a year ago, something about the insurgency was in it's final throes or some horse shit like that?

on some level i know wars are necessary but when you decide on a whim to attack a country you should at least not be so arrogant as to think there would be no casaulties or that the war would be inexpensive - even pay for itself - or that god has somehow hand picked you to lead a country to attack another country

bring em on indeed

jcook11
05-30-2006, 11:06 PM
Hey LOUNGE......I just read your article and never saw the words Cheney or Lied...What gives?

floyd95
05-30-2006, 11:11 PM
on a side note, when do i stop head fluffing

jcook11
05-30-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by floyd95
on a side note, when do i stop head fluffing

pretty soon you will be a foot soldier...;)

LoungeMachine
05-30-2006, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by jcook11
Hey LOUNGE......I just read your article and never saw the words Cheney or Lied...What gives?

Dick Cheney Quotes - Stupid Quotes by Dick Cheney
10) "Except for the occasional heart attack, I never felt better." –June 4, 2003

9) "I had other priorities in the sixties than military service." –on his five draft deferments, April 5, 1989

8) "There are a lot of lessons we want to learn out of this process in terms of what works. I think we are in fact on our way to getting on top of the whole Katrina exercise." --Sept. 10, 2005

7) "Conservation may be a sign of personal virtue but it is not a sufficient basis for a sound, comprehensive energy policy." –April 30, 2001

6) "My belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators." --March 16, 2003

5) "We know he's been absolutely devoted to trying to acquire nuclear weapons, and we believe he has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons." --March 16, 2003

4) "In Iraq, a ruthless dictator cultivated weapons of mass destruction and the means to deliver them.

3) "I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency." -- on the Iraq insurgency, June 20, 2005

2) "Oh, yeah. He is. Big time.'' --agreeing with then-candidate George W. Bush, who was overheard at a campaign rally saying, "There's Adam Clymer, major league a**hole from The New York Times," Sept. 4, 2000

1) "Go f*ck yourself." --to Sen. Patrick Leahy, during an angry exchange on the Senate floor about profiteering by Halliburton, June 25, 2004

PLEASE SEE #3 JKOOK............THE REST ARE JUST FOR MY AMUSEMENT

jcook11
05-31-2006, 12:01 AM
C'mon LOUNGE......I thought you were better than that....He said "I think" and nowhere in your thread does it say Cheney or lied

FORD
05-31-2006, 02:12 AM
How do tell Cheney's lying?

http://www.worldpress.org/images/20050223-dick-cheney.jpg

... his lips are sneering.

binnie
05-31-2006, 03:10 AM
Cheney lying?

Like a duck to water.

ODShowtime
05-31-2006, 10:39 PM
he's a bum in the first place

jcook11
05-31-2006, 10:50 PM
WHERE IN THE ARTICLE DOES IT SAY THE WORDS.....CHENEY OR LIED?AMI MISSING SOMETHING HERE!?

LoungeMachine
05-31-2006, 10:54 PM
Connect the dots, Kook.

Cheney a year ago was telling anyone that would listen "the insurgency is in it's last throes........"

A YEAR later they're stronger, better organized, and DEADLIER than ever.....

I WAS MAKING A POINT. GET OVER IT.

jcook11
05-31-2006, 11:18 PM
I get the point.....No matter what the fuck he does it's wrong or just to make a profit Blah Blah Blah

FORD
05-31-2006, 11:31 PM
I get the point.....No matter what the fuck he does it's wrong or just to make a profit Blah Blah Blah

Yes, that about sums it up.

Here you have a lying bastard who was the former CEO of the corporation which has profitted the most from this war (with the possible exception of weapons manufacturers)

He still owns a sizeable amount of stock in said corporation, the value of which has increased considerably due to the endless no bid contracts of TAX PAYER MONEY which the BCE awards to said corporation.

The fucking filthy pig shoots a man in the face and isn't even questioned by the police about it.

So basically YES, everything he does IS wrong, and he makes a profit from most of it.

jcook11
06-01-2006, 12:03 AM
Once again Bush and Cheney are liars....Blah..Blah..Blah...We get it

LoungeMachine
06-01-2006, 12:26 AM
Once again Bush and Cheney are liars....Blah..Blah..Blah...We get it

Do you?

Really?

Finally?

Do you really, finally GET the fact these crooks do NOT have our best national or WORLD interests in mind?

Do you?

:cool:

jcook11
06-01-2006, 12:35 AM
NO! I voted for Bush twice and I don't agree with all of his policies mainly immigration....I don't follow ANYONE blindly, However when it comes to most foreign policy I am with the administration.

FORD
06-01-2006, 12:43 AM
However when it comes to most foreign policy I am with the administration.

WHY?

Can you honestly answer that question, without resorting to bullshit neocon rhetoric that you heard on FAUX News or hate radio?

Can you explain how Chimpy's destruction of Iraq has made America safer. Or his liberation of heroin poppy fields and oil pipelines from the Taliban.

Where the fuck is Osama Bin Laden, if you believe the BCE's horseshit story?

Where is he?

For all the tapped phone lines, pirated e mails and phony arrests resulting in cab drivers being held at Gitmo, they can't find one fucking 6'5" Arab son of a bitch???

AND YOU STILL BUY THIS CRAP???

LoungeMachine
06-01-2006, 12:43 AM
Foreign policy?

Really?

Do tell.

jcook11
06-01-2006, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by FORD
WHY?

Can you honestly answer that question, without resorting to bullshit neocon rhetoric that you heard on FAUX News or hate radio?

Can you explain how Chimpy's destruction of Iraq has made America safer. Or his liberation of heroin poppy fields and oil pipelines from the Taliban.

Where the fuck is Osama Bin Laden, if you believe the BCE's horseshit story?

Where is he?

For all the tapped phone lines, pirated e mails and phony arrests resulting in cab drivers being held at Gitmo, they can't find one fucking 6'5" Arab son of a bitch???

AND YOU STILL BUY THIS CRAP???

Why the fuck do you assume that I get all my information from FOX? As far as immigration goes I have been for putting troops on the border for at least fifteen years. Maybe you don't see it from the basement you live in but ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION HAS FUCKED UP CALIFORNIA!

As far as Iraq or Afghanistan go, I sleep much better at night knowing Bush is in the whitehouse as opposed to some PUSSEY ASSED DEMOCRAT AMERICAN APOLOGIST:gun:

jcook11
06-01-2006, 01:20 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Foreign policy?

Really?

Do tell. [/QUOTE

See last post

FORD
06-01-2006, 01:22 AM
You didn't answer the question, Beavis.

And immigration has nothing to do with this thread, although it IS another illustration of the BCE's string of failure.

jcook11
06-01-2006, 01:40 AM
You didn't answer the question, Beavis.

And immigration has nothing to do with this thread, although it IS another illustration of the BCE's string of failure.

LOOK BUNGHOLE: Every time one of our troops over there kills one of those scumbags that's one less scumbag that won't have a chance to pull off some shit over here. As far as obl goes he will be caught or killed at some point. As far as the shitbags at Gitmo if you love them so much go there and give them all a big hug and kiss.:matrix:

FORD
06-01-2006, 01:51 AM
LOOK BUNGHOLE: Every time one of our troops over there kills one of those scumbags that's one less scumbag that won't have a chance to pull off some shit over here.

BZZZZT - sorry, I said you must answer without repeating BCE/ whore media rhetoric. That answer is incorrect.

As far as obl goes he will be caught or killed at some point.

How can that be when Chimpy is "really not that concerned about him" (April 2002)

As far as the shitbags at Gitmo if you love them so much go there and give them all a big hug and kiss.:matrix:

Hitler would have loved you. Just keep ignoring the concentration camps.... never worry about who is there or why.... just keep on catapulting the propaganda.....

FORD
06-01-2006, 02:00 AM
LOOK BUNGHOLE: Every time one of our troops over there kills one of those scumbags that's one less scumbag that won't have a chance to pull off some shit over here.

Take a look at these "scumbags"......

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/images/0411-04.jpg
Fucking terrorist!

http://www.uruknet.info/uruknet-images/iraqi_dead20girl.jpeg
Remember 9-11 bitch!!

http://www.stopviolence.com/images/9-11/iraq12yearold.jpg
Oh well, he would have only used his arms to fly airplanes into buildings anyway

http://www.thisisrumorcontrol.org/files/photo2-10-11.png
Serves you right, baby Bin Ladens!!

jcook11
06-01-2006, 02:04 AM
BZZZZT - sorry, I said you must answer without repeating BCE/ whore media rhetoric. That answer is incorrect.

How can that be when Chimpy is "really not that concerned about him" (April 2002)

Hitler would have loved you. Just keep ignoring the concentration camps.... never worry about who is there or why.... just keep on catapulting the propaganda.....

Why is it that anyone who dissagrees with you is repeateing BCE/ whore media I.E. Fox or Rush Limbaugh

As far as not being concerned about bin laden you can bet your paint huffing ass that mother fucker doesn't spend more than five minutes in any one place and will be caught or killed just like saddam and uday and his brother pussay

Even an asshole like you has some fucking nerve to compare Gitmo to a concentration camp

jcook11
06-01-2006, 02:09 AM
Take a look at these "scumbags"......

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/images/0411-04.jpg
Fucking terrorist!

http://www.uruknet.info/uruknet-images/iraqi_dead20girl.jpeg
Remember 9-11 bitch!!

http://www.stopviolence.com/images/9-11/iraq12yearold.jpg
Oh well, he would have only used his arms to fly airplanes into buildings anyway

http://www.thisisrumorcontrol.org/files/photo2-10-11.png
Serves you right, baby Bin Ladens!!

Yeah go ahead I bet you were crying like a baby when those people were jumping out of the twin towers.

ELVIS
06-01-2006, 02:10 AM
I can tell, FORD loves you...

jcook11
06-01-2006, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
I can tell, FORD loves you...

Nah he's just a mental patient...;)

binnie
06-01-2006, 03:32 AM
i don't get it.

How can you not be angry that your elected leaders lie to you and commit atrocities in your name?

Pisses me off every day

ODShowtime
06-01-2006, 07:32 AM
Why the fuck do you assume that I get all my information from FOX?

Because you just said you voted for the moron patrol twice and agree with their foreign policy. It's a pretty safe assumption. Or you just ain't right in the head... :confused:

ODShowtime
06-01-2006, 07:35 AM

false

jcook11
06-01-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Because you just said you voted for the moron patrol twice and agree with their foreign policy. It's a pretty safe assumption. Or you just ain't right in the head... :confused:

Yeah I know we would be soooooooooooooooo much better off if Al or Herman were in office. BWAAAAHAAAAHAAAHAAA

FORD
06-01-2006, 03:29 PM
Yes we would. And best of all if Howard Dean were in office.

jcook11
06-01-2006, 03:33 PM
BWAAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAA!

EAT MY ASSHOLE
06-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Yes we would. And best of all if Howard Dean were in office.

Oh, yeah, reeeeal better off...the man who after hours and hours of brainstorming came up with the brilliant idea of winning the hearts and minds of America by knocking on all of our doors and harrassing us at dinner time.

(and if we're not home, leaving a "Please Do Not Distrub" door hanger behind...)

FORD
06-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Doorbelling is an established part of the political tradition. What's better than voters having the opportunity to talk to candidates, or in this case, a party chairman one on one.

jcook11
06-01-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm sure you would love to have Dubya knock on your basement door.

FORD
06-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Absolutely. If that war criminal set foot in my house, it would be self defense.

jcook11
06-01-2006, 04:23 PM
Absolutely. If that war criminal set foot in my house, it would be self defense.

I thought you would try and enter into an intelligent dialouge without resorting to violence.

blueturk
06-01-2006, 07:33 PM
I thought you would try and enter into an intelligent dialouge without resorting to violence.

To enter into an intelligent dialogue with a sheep like yourself is an impossibility. An intelligent dialogue requires two intelligent people. Unfortunately, the wool seeping into your brain has obviously diminished what little intelligence you may have had. Taking into account that you voted for Dubya twice, you probably didn't lose too much.....

jcook11
06-01-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
To enter into an intelligent dialogue with a sheep like yourself is an impossibility. An intelligent dialogue requires two intelligent people. Unfortunately, the wool seeping into your brain has obviously diminished what little intelligence you may have had. Taking into account that you voted for Dubya twice, you probably didn't lose too much.....

You fucking Libs.have to resort to iNsults and namecalling because that is all you have. Just because someone dissagrees with you they are sheep or stupid etc. Yeah I voted for Bush twice and WOULD DO IT AGAIN! If he could run for a third term he would kick the shit out of ANYONE you Libs. threw at him.ANYONE!

blueturk
06-01-2006, 07:54 PM
... Yeah I voted for Bush twice and WOULD DO IT AGAIN! If he could run for a third term he would kick the shit out of ANYONE you Libs. threw at him.ANYONE!

I rest my case....

jcook11
06-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
I rest my case....

Which genius you guys gonna run at us in 008...Howard Dean, Hillary,Uncle Ted,Gephardt,Dukakis,Biden,Mondale,Jesse Jackson,Rev.AL,Al Gore? :confused:

EAT MY ASSHOLE
06-01-2006, 08:19 PM
Which genius you guys gonna run at us in 008...Howard Dean, Hillary,Uncle Ted,Gephardt,Dukakis,Biden,Mondale,Jesse Jackson,Rev.AL,Al Gore? :confused:

say what you will about the way JCOOK beats his wife, he's got a point here.