PDA

View Full Version : Critics Blast Al Gore's Documentary As 'Realistic'

FORD
06-01-2006, 02:26 AM
Critics Blast Al Gore's Documentary As 'Realistic'

May 31, 2006 | Issue 42•22

NEW YORK— The Al Gore-produced global-warming documentary An Inconvenient Truth is being panned by critics nationwide who claim the 90-plus minute environmental film is "too disturbingly realistic and well-researched to enjoy." "I found it difficult to suspend my disbelief in man-made climate change for the first half-hour—and utterly impossible after that—which makes for a movie-going experience that's far more educational than it is enjoyable," said New York Post film critic Skip Hack. "Gore's film overwhelms viewers with staggering amounts of scientific information until nothing about global warming is left to the imagination, and that's just not good entertainment. Two stars."

Some critics have called the film's claims that sea levels could rise 20 feet somewhat sensationalistic, although most agree that this is not enough to save the film from being unwatchably factual.

Link (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/48972)

jcook11
06-01-2006, 02:28 AM
Go away AL

Hardrock69
06-02-2006, 10:19 AM
You go away, illiterate pansy.

Seshmeister
06-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by jcook11
Go away AL

Take that back.

If it wasn't for Gore you wouldn't even have been able to make a post on the Internet!

jcook11
06-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Take that back.

If it wasn't for Gore you wouldn't even have been able to make a post on the Internet!

I could always still post ont the BCE and their evil global warming machine.....BWAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAA

light 'em up!
06-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by FORD
"too disturbingly realistic and well-researched to enjoy."

"I found it difficult to suspend my disbelief in man-made climate change for the first half-hour—and utterly impossible after that—which makes for a movie-going experience that's far more educational than it is enjoyable,"

"Gore's film overwhelms viewers with staggering amounts of scientific information until nothing about global warming is left to the imagination, and that's just not good entertainment. Two stars."

[too] unwatchably factual.

The critics' remarks speak for themselves. The world is full of dumbshits.

Coyote
06-02-2006, 06:40 PM
unwatchably factual.

What'd ya expect? A Hollywood blockbuster?

Last time I checked, documentaries were supposed to be based on facts accumulated after hours of research

FORD
06-02-2006, 06:42 PM
I think people are missing something in this article....

(HINT: check the link! ;) )

jcook11
06-02-2006, 06:44 PM
About as realistic as the creator of the internets' chances of winning the next election.....Note to Al...try winning your own home state.

Seshmeister
06-02-2006, 08:24 PM
Fuck Gore and his censorship PMRC hag wife but I don't get this 'win your own state' thing.

Is it a tribal thing?

Would you vote for Hitler if he came from Orange County?

OK bad example...:)

jcook11
06-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Fuck Gore and his censorship PMRC hag wife but I don't get this 'win your own state' thing.

Is it a tribal thing?

Thats' Oorange County!

ELVIS
06-02-2006, 08:26 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQGj0mLSdKs"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQGj0mLSdKs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

:elvis:

Coyote
06-02-2006, 08:28 PM
I think people are missing something in this article....

(HINT: check the link! ;) )

Oh bloody hell. :lol:

FORD
06-02-2006, 09:27 PM

Is it a tribal thing?

Hitler may not have come from Orange County, but he could win there easily :D

DEMON CUNT
06-02-2006, 09:34 PM
Neocons don't care about the Earth because the Baby Jesus, at any minute now, is coming back to take them all into Heaven.

matt19
06-05-2006, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Coyote
What'd ya expect? A Hollywood blockbuster?

Last time I checked, documentaries were supposed to be based on facts accumulated after hours of research

Not Michael Moore documentaries.

matt19
06-05-2006, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
Neocons don't care about the Earth because the Baby Jesus, at any minute now, is coming back to take them all into Heaven.

What would you do if he did?

Redballjets88
06-05-2006, 02:13 AM
there is one great thing about Gore though

he was the man who single handedly killed MANBEARPIG

matt19
06-05-2006, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
there is one great thing about Gore though

he was the man who single handedly killed MANBEARPIG

LMFAO!!

BEWARE THE MANBEAR PIG!! LOL:D

DEMON CUNT
06-05-2006, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by matt19
What would you do if he did?

Whatever dude. Keep dreaming.

Do you still leave milk and cookies out for Santa Claus?

Unchainme
06-05-2006, 02:48 AM

:rolleyes: even FORD believes in Jesus, and he is the most liberal person I've met in my whole life. You don't think This stuff happened all randomly, You do realize how Scientifically impossible that is for everything to be perfect enough for us to live on this planet. There has to be something out there.

matt19
06-05-2006, 02:51 AM

You never know, cant be proven either way. Why so much hatred?

DEMON CUNT
06-05-2006, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by matt19
You never know, cant be proven either way. Why so much hatred?

No hatred here. Just a grown man that doesn't believe in fairy tales anymore. Talking snakes belong in Disney movies.

DEMON CUNT
06-05-2006, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Unchainme
:rolleyes: even FORD believes in Jesus, and he is the most liberal person I've met in my whole life. You don't think This stuff happened all randomly, You do realize how Scientifically impossible that is for everything to be perfect enough for us to live on this planet. There has to be something out there.

I never said that I didn't believe in Jesus. Count Dracula may have really enjoyed drinking blood, but he probably couldn't really turn into a bat.

Please don't speak of science and faith in the same conversation, you just sound silly.