PDA

View Full Version : The Die Hard Franchise

POJO_Risin
06-01-2006, 06:37 AM
Die Hard...the greatest action movie of all time...created a whole genre of movies...

including...

Die Hard 2: Die Harder...which was actually really good considering...good characters...follows a good format...and had some good twists. Not as good as the first...but fits...

Die Hard With A Vengeance: The "buddy" movie of the group...McTiernan back...and comes away from the earlier premise...but uses the Gruber mythology...very well...

Die Hard 4 is set to start filming next month. It was supposed to start at the end of last month...but Willis is busy getting into shape...

It was supposed to start last year...but had to be rewritten...because the initial script had New Orleans getting decimated by a tidal wave caused by a tanker explosion in the gulf...

I can't fucking wait...

WARF
06-01-2006, 06:40 AM
Bruce Willis is gettin' kinda old...
Can he pull it off?

POJO_Risin
06-01-2006, 06:46 AM
Well...he's retired...

internet terrorists...

and I'm pretty sure that he's beckoned...instead of just being involved...

although the rumor is that his daughter is involved in some form...

but Reginald Veljohnson and Bonnie Bedelia are both going to be in this...and rumor has it that that news guy is in it as well...as a Network Anchor...Dick Thornberg...lmfao...

Willis was saying how the script really addresses his age...and mostly in a humorous way...

The dude that directed the Underworld films is helming this...they wanted a young director...with a new take...

fryingdutchman
06-01-2006, 06:46 AM
Funny to see a Die Hard thread...

Been talkin' a lot about that franchise amongst friends lately....with the conversation mostly spurred on by the death of Paul Gleason.

Gleason was the Police Commissioner in the original flick...

Best line (after the helicopter carrying the FBI agents was taken down by the exploding roof of Nakatomi Plaza...):

"Looks like were gonna need some more FBI guys..."

RIP Paul.

Great fuckin' movie franchise.

POJO_Risin
06-01-2006, 07:06 AM
I don't know if you posted in the other thread...about Gleason...

but I posted that exact quote...

he was great in that film...but I can't get the damn quote right...

was it...

"We're going to need some more FBI guys...I think..."

I don't know if that sounds right either...but something like that...

POJO_Risin
06-01-2006, 07:08 AM
Deputy Police Chief Dwayne T. Robinson...

hahahahaha...his dialogue with McClane was fucking priceless...

POJO_Risin
06-01-2006, 07:11 AM
Dwayne T. Robinson: I got people down here covered in glass.
John McClane: Who gives a shit about glass? Who the fuck is this?
Dwayne T. Robinson: This is Deputy Chief Dwayne T. Robinson, and I am in charge.
John McClane: Well I got news for you Dwayne, from up here it doesn't look like you're in charge of jack shit.
Dwayne T. Robinson: Listen to me you little asshole....
John McClane: Asshole? I'm not the one who just got butt-fucked on national TV, Dwayne.

Something like that...funny shit...

fryingdutchman
06-01-2006, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
I don't know if you posted in the other thread...about Gleason...

but I posted that exact quote...

he was great in that film...but I can't get the damn quote right...

was it...

"We're going to need some more FBI guys...I think..."

I don't know if that sounds right either...but something like that...

I didn't even know there was a Gleason thread...

I don't get around as much as I used to! :D (FUCKIN' WORK!!!!)

Great line though...

Didn't he also tell the reluctant utility guy when they wanted the power shut off...

"Lose the grid.....or lose your job!"

Was that him or one of the FBI guys?

POJO_Risin
06-01-2006, 07:55 AM
Was it him...or the FBI guys...

I'm going to have to watch it today...

Hardrock69
06-01-2006, 10:02 AM
Well, time for one last go-round for all our action heros:

Indiana Jones IV:

Scheduled Release Date: Summer 2007

Lucas says the script for Indy IV is finally done!

Thursday, May 11, 2006 -

MTV had a chat with George Lucas who says the script for Indiana Jones 4 is finally done! And he added that the film won't be any louder, bigger or faster than the previous 3 films. Indy 4 will prize dialogue over decibels.

"I think Tom Cruise proved that people are getting bored with that kind of stuff," Lucas said Monday at a Jazz at Lincoln Center dinner celebrating Time magazine's list of the 100 most influential people. "What they want to see is something different. And Indiana Jones, if nothing else, is always different."

And Lucas is, if nothing else, reliably vague. He's not yet ready to give up the treasure trove of what lurks in the plot for the first Indiana Jones movie since 1989's Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, except to say the script is finally done and the flick will "probably" start shooting next year.

"We're working on it, we're working on it," Lucas said. "We've been working on it for 10 years. I think it'll be a great film, but it's completely different. It's still got a lot of action, and it's still very funny. I think it works like crazy."

Die Hard 4

Road Warrior: Fury Road (whether this ever gets made remains to be seen, considering the Jesus-Freak kick Mel has been on lately)

This from IMDB:

Production Notes/Status:
Comments: Production offices have been closed, sets warehoused; project seems dead.
Status Updated: 6 July 2005
Note:

Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change; some data could be removed completely.

Here is a nifty screen cap of an earlier film:

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/images/OldMelbourneRoad.jpg

Rocky LIXX (Rocky beats up his opponent on the sidewalk with his walker while being shoved around in his wheelchair).

FORD
06-01-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

MTV had a chat with George Lucas who says the script for Indiana Jones 4 is finally done! And he added that the film won't be any louder, bigger or faster than the previous 3 films. Indy 4 will prize dialogue over decibels.

"I think Tom Cruise proved that people are getting bored with that kind of stuff," Lucas said Monday at a Jazz at Lincoln Center dinner celebrating Time magazine's list of the 100 most influential people. "What they want to see is something different. And Indiana Jones, if nothing else, is always different."

Tom Cruise was in the Star Wars prequels?? :confused:

C'mon George..... we all know what you're really talking about. It's hard to admit that the second trilogy never lived up to the first, isn't it?

binnie
06-01-2006, 02:15 PM
I always prefered the Lethal Weapon films to Die Hard, although I love both of 'em.

I thnk Willis can pull it off.

I mean the whole point is that he's a fairly ordinary guy, right?

jcook11
06-01-2006, 02:58 PM
Diehard and Leathal Weapon were grat films but after Leathal 1 they started to get kinda cheezy.....Did someone have to mention Tom Cruise, I'm gonna be sick!

POJO_Risin
06-01-2006, 06:38 PM
Die Hard framed a whole genre of action movies...

as good as the Lethal Weapons were...

buddy/cop movies had been done before...

just not as good...

PumpedUpMidget
06-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Die Hard is one of the few franchises that can pull it off, and do it good...

POJO_Risin
06-01-2006, 07:53 PM
The interesting thing here...is that it's been 11 years since the last one...and by the time it comes out...12 years...

so it has the potential to do something new...

and with the focus on internet predators...it could be a new genre of action movie...just like the first...

Terry
06-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Really enjoyed the first one, which was surprising for me, since at the time I wasn't a Moonlighting fan, didn't buy the Return of Bruno, and had no idea why Bruce Willis was so popular.

Next couple were kind of a series of diminishing returns, with the third one stinking in spite of Jeremy Iron's presence.

I dunno - I think the length of time between the third one and this next one kinda works to its disadvantage - but I'm sure if they hype it enough and release it on a weekend when it's not going up against any other films that could be more anticipated than another Die Hard sequel (say, a 5 hour documentary on dingleberries, or something along those lines) - it'd make back cost.

Bruce's films haven't really been hitting them out of the park, money-wise, like he was in the early to mid 1990s, but he's still a big enough star that just recognition factor alone will draw SOME interest.

Hardrock69
06-02-2006, 10:13 AM
I always liked "The Last Boy Scout".

bueno bob
06-02-2006, 11:22 AM
Any truth to the rumor that Ashton Kurtcher's playing (heheheh...insert your own MILF joke here) his SON in the movie?

Ain't shittin', that's what I heard.

Unchainme
06-02-2006, 11:52 AM
When are they coming out with Die Hard 12...DIE HUNGRY

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BRnH_rRnBAw"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BRnH_rRnBAw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425"
height="350"></embed></object>

I personally can't wait for the Next die hard, They always seem to kickass in some way or another.

bueno bob
06-02-2006, 12:12 PM
The first and third I thought were good...

I'm sorry, but I thought Die Hard 2 was pathetic...

Hardrock69
06-02-2006, 02:46 PM
Love the scene where he is walking through Harlem naked but for a sandwich board with racist shit on it.

The_KiD
06-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Hopefully this will be good. I actually enjoyed 3 which surprised me..

KiD

MAX
06-05-2006, 04:01 AM
Was really sick over the last few days and spent a lot of time in the sack. Watched the first two (cos I have them on DVD) and still loved them. Didn't think much of the third installment, just more of a "typical" sequel. However, it was entertaining enough but not stellar. I'd love to see yet another installment if they can bring back all of the qualities that made the first two as epic as they are.