PDA

View Full Version : VH1 Rock Honors Last Night

The_KiD
06-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Anyone else catch this. Some great performances! It is always cool to see Dave Grohl on drums. Judas Priest was solid as usual. Not to mention, the tribute to KISS with Slash, Ace Frehley, Rob Zombie, and Tommy Lee all on one stage was really good..

I really enjoyed it..

Thoughts???????

KiD

The_KiD
06-01-2006, 09:15 AM

binnie
06-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Pics look cool!

Didn't see it tho', sorry.

Looks like it was a good show!

Redballjets88
06-01-2006, 10:35 AM
the should honor VH so the band has a reason to be within the same room

binnie
06-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
the should honor VH so the band has a reason to be within the same room

Good idea but they'd probably end up honouring Sammy too....

You know how VH1 is

Redballjets88
06-01-2006, 10:51 AM
yeah but even if they did Dave would steal the show and sammy would just feel out of place

Matt White
06-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Wasn't bad...The KISS tribute was MILES better than watchng that bloated sack Simmons and his hair dresser stumbling around the stage......

ALWAYS cool to see ACE...:rockit2:

binnie
06-01-2006, 02:08 PM
YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT.....

Some other guys!

knerken
06-02-2006, 11:37 AM
They are gonna make this an annual show, so they will probably do VH too.

Unchainme
06-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Why the fuck did they honor Def Leppard, They havn't made a good record since 1983. They don't deserve to be honored for shit.

Terry
06-03-2006, 07:04 PM
Whole thing smacks of being a bit too safe...to corporatized...

This show and the RRHOF are just too backward-looking, with a zero factor of excitement, chance or danger. Bunch of scripted posturing.

FORD
06-04-2006, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Why the fuck did they honor Def Leppard, They havn't made a good record since 1983. They don't deserve to be honored for shit.

Well, Kiss hasn't made a decent record since 1978...

binnie
06-04-2006, 04:27 AM
For me, Def Leppard was always the poor man's Bon Jovi, and that is the bottom of the barrel!

bueno bob
06-04-2006, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Well, Kiss hasn't made a decent record since 1978...

How DARE you deny the genius that is HOT IN THE SHADE!!!!!

:mad:

Terry
06-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Although I must say it was the first time I had seen or heard Queen with Paul Rogers (Rodgers?), and it sounded not half-bad. Rogers looked fit and sounded very, very good - when I first heard of that matchup, I thought Rogers' voice just was never in the same league or compatible with what Mercury did, but having heard it I'll admit I was impressed.

Roger Taylor is a fat old poofter, though.

Terry
06-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by binnie
For me, Def Leppard was always the poor man's Bon Jovi, and that is the bottom of the barrel!

As if Bon Jovi themselves were ever anything great...

Leppard has sold enough albums and was a success in their own right before Bon Jerkoff became big that I don't think they QUITE deserve that label.

Plus, Leppard had a few of albums that ranged from fair to good. Bon Jovi, IMO, flat-out stunk from Day One, regardless of how many 15 year old girls bought a copy of Slippery When Wet back in the day and are now pushing 40 and dragging their husbands to see them (I'm sure there are males who enjoy the band as well, but they're pretty much pink pickle puffing closet cases in my book).

Vinnie Velvet
06-05-2006, 05:51 PM
ACE FOOKIN' RULZ!!!

Time for Geno to dump the poser and get back the REAL Spaceman!

PumpedUpMidget
06-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme

I didn't realize they even had a 'good' record. You have to snicker when some people categorize them as 'metal'.

The_KiD
06-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by PumpedUpMidget
I didn't realize they even had a 'good' record. You have to snicker when some people categorize them as 'metal'.

Agreed, I really enjoyed "High & Dry" and "Pyromania" back in the day... I think I wore the vinyl out right along with my Van Halen albums.. Def Leppard really rode the MTV wave.. After that I was into other things...

KiD

FORD
06-05-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
ACE FOOKIN' RULZ!!!

Time for Geno to dump the poser and get back the REAL Spaceman!

Can you imagine what Ace was thinking, watching that fucking glorified roadie playing his part, in full makeup on stage just 5 minutes after he was on stage himself?

Matt called it. The "tribute" supergroup was better than the Witz/Eisen experience 2006.

Bill Lumbergh
06-06-2006, 02:24 AM
Paul Stanley's voice is fucking shot! And his newest plastic surgery isnt exactly pleasant to look at.........by the way, Joe Elliot actually sounded worse than Paul! Highlight for me? THE ACE, of course.........

FORD
06-06-2006, 02:47 AM
Joe Elliot needs to call it a day. he actually sounded better on the Bolan cover than he did on "Rock of Ages", but if you can't sing your own songs, what's the point?

Def Leppard should have quit two guitarists and half a drummer ago anyway.

FORD
06-06-2006, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by binnie

It's probably more like the other way around. Bon Jovi was formed to be the American Def Leppard.

Lightweight "metal" that you could market to the girls as well as the boys. And actually, most of the people involved in the creation of Bon Jovi were first trying to market a Canadian singer named "Aldo Nova", but all they got out of him was one hit single, so they abandoned that , and hired the cousin of one of the studio engineers named Tony Bongiovi. Yes, that's how the name is really spelled. Too bad cousin Tony didn't utilize what he learned from producing the Ramones a few years earlier and put that kind of power in his cousin's pre-fab band.

Vinnie Velvet
06-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Paul Stanley's voice is fucking shot! And his newest plastic surgery isnt exactly pleasant to look at.........by the way, Joe Elliot actually sounded worse than Paul! Highlight for me? THE ACE, of course.........

Damn straight.

Space with ACE.

Vinnie Velvet
06-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Can you imagine what Ace was thinking, watching that fucking glorified roadie playing his part, in full makeup on stage just 5 minutes after he was on stage himself?

Matt called it. The "tribute" supergroup was better than the Witz/Eisen experience 2006.

Apparently, from what I've read, Ace isn't that much bothered by Tommy getting up there in his makeup and costume, basically playing 'him'.

He knows who the REAL deal is.

I bet Ace does think its funny though, knowing his sense of humour.

I loved it how Zombie introduced Ace as "He's from outer space".

LOL! Take that Tommy!

Vinnie Velvet
06-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Joe Elliot needs to call it a day. he actually sounded better on the Bolan cover than he did on "Rock of Ages", but if you can't sing your own songs, what's the point?

Def Leppard should have quit two guitarists and half a drummer ago anyway.

Elliot's voice is shot.

Leppard are done (actually they've been done years ago).

Va Beach VH Fan
06-08-2006, 07:47 PM
Pretty decent show...

I fast-forwarded through Queen, not interested in that lineup...

Priest, as I knew they would, fucking rocked.... Halford's voice sounded good, although it's obvious he can't sustain the high notes quite as long as he used to....

Leppard looked really out of place.... And as you guys have said, Elliot's voice sounded like ass....

I thought the "supergroup" sounded great on "God of Thunder", and boy was it interesting watching Ace play lead guitar with them, and not with KISS...

KISS was, well, KISS....