PDA

View Full Version : Little-known media psychology firm sees Gore landslide, Clinton flop

FORD
06-01-2006, 11:47 AM
Little-known media psychology firm sees Gore landslide, Clinton flop

06/01/2006 @ 9:46 am
Filed by RAW STORY

A new behavior prediction tool by a media psychology firm is forecasts a landslide victory for former Democratic Vice President Al Gore in the 2008 presidential election should he run for office -- but says if Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY) wins the Democratic nod, any potential Republican challenger will emerge victorious, RAW STORY has learned.

These are among the surprising findings reported by Dr. James N. Herndon, a media psychologist with Media Psychology Affiliates. Using a new research tool called Affective Encryption Analysis, Dr. Herndon led an investigation into the likely outcome of the 2008 Presidential election.

“Affective Encryption Analysis is a new behavior forecasting tool that looks at how our feelings and emotions can influence our long-term actions,” explains Dr. Herndon. “Traditional survey techniques are not very good at predicting trends. Affective Encryption Analysis was developed to dig deeper into the emotional factors that control our future behaviors.”

Although created as a potential tool for the intelligence community, Affective Encryption Analysis has seen its early uses in the political arena.

“Voter behavior is not primarily issue-driven,” states Dr. Herndon. “Subtle emotional factors drive our actions at the ballot box. When we decided to study the potential outcome of the 2008 Presidential election, we had no preconceptions about what we’d find. Nonetheless, there were some surprises.”

Among the surprises was the overall weakness of potential Democratic presidential challengers.

“Despite the widespread public dissatisfaction with the George W. Bush administration, our results showed even greater ill-feelings toward potential Democratic challengers,” says Dr. Herndon. “But there was one exception: Al Gore.”

“With a predictive accuracy of 93%, our results showed that Al Gore would easily defeat any Republican challenger in 2008. However, he is the only Democrat on the scene today who has the ability to defeat the likely Republican challengers, who we believe will be either John McCain or Jeb Bush.”

Results were not rosy for Hillary Clinton. “Hillary Clinton would suffer a disastrous defeat at the hands of any Republican who receives the nomination,” states Dr. Herndon.

Should Al Gore decide not to seek the 2008 nomination, the Democrats “have their work cut out for them,” according to Dr. Herndon.

“Our results suggest that a potentially successful Democratic nominee may be lurking in the entertainment industry. Does this sound strange? Maybe. But when it comes to politics, we may have to get used to a future full of surprises.”

Media Psychology Affiliates is a media research and analysis firm based in Los Angeles and Coburg, Germany.

Link (http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Littleknown_media_psychology_firm_sees_Gore_0601.h tml)

binnie
06-01-2006, 11:59 AM
That was really interesting, cheers Ford.

IMO tho', you can't predict human behaviour that much.

But it was a good read nonetheless.

Would you rather see Gore or Hiliary Clinton stand?

FORD
06-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by binnie
That was really interesting, cheers Ford.

IMO tho', you can't predict human behaviour that much.

But it was a good read nonetheless.

Would you rather see Gore or Hiliary Clinton stand?

Gore, absolutely. Hillary panders to the right wing, who will never vote for her anyway, and like every other DLC corporatist, assumes the liberal base of the party will vote for her anyway.

I don't know a single Democrat who would vote for her in a primary, and several who wouldn't even vote for her in the general election.

Gore is the rightful winner of the 2000 election. In the last 6 years, he's been proven right on pretty much everything he campaigned on.

And the historical precedent of the 1960 election exists. The Kennedy-Nixon election was probably the closest up until Gore vs Bush and also the most disputed. Those who thought Nixon should have won that race were no doubt behind his successful comeback in 1968.

Gore is the one candidate who can say "Are you better off today than you were 8 years ago?" and have it mean more than just the typical slogan.

And everyone except defense contractors and oil company executives would have to answer NO.

binnie
06-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Gore, absolutely. Hillary panders to the right wing, who will never vote for her anyway, and like every other DLC corporatist, assumes the liberal base of the party will vote for her anyway.

I don't know a single Democrat who would vote for her in a primary, and several who wouldn't even vote for her in the general election.

Gore is the rightful winner of the 2000 election. In the last 6 years, he's been proven right on pretty much everything he campaigned on.

And the historical precedent of the 1960 election exists. The Kennedy-Nixon election was probably the closest up until Gore vs Bush and also the most disputed. Those who thought Nixon should have won that race were no doubt behind his successful comeback in 1968.

Gore is the one candidate who can say "Are you better off today than you were 8 years ago?" and have it mean more than just the typical slogan.

And everyone except defense contractors and oil company executives would have to answer NO.

Cheers for that, we don't hear anything about Gore or the Democrats over here, so it was good to be informed.

Guitar Shark
06-01-2006, 12:18 PM
Gore cannot win.

FORD
06-01-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Gore cannot win.

Why the Hell not?

He's certainly got a better shot than Hillary. Let alone Joe Biden (D - MBNA)

knuckleboner
06-01-2006, 12:36 PM
eh...gore pretty much cooked himself. he handled the 2000 election rather poorly. at best he has to run on an anti-bush campaign; he will not have a lot of positive support, countrywide.

yes, i think he could beat any republican who ran on a bush-successor platform. but so could a lot of democrats. gore would have a much tougher time against a more moderate, less-bush supporting republican.

and while the election is still a ways away, gore hasn't done much in the last 6 years to convince rank and file democrats that he should still be taken seriously. this movie tour may be a start, but he better have a few followups between now and june 2008.

Seshmeister
06-01-2006, 12:40 PM
Gore is a bore.

I also doubt any source that thinks Jeb Bush will run in 2008.

That would be turning the US into a monarchy which I just don't think voters would go for.

Then again I never dreamt that Arnie could win in CA...

FORD
06-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
gore would have a much tougher time against a more moderate, less-bush supporting republican.

But what are the chances of that happenning?

The religious reich isn't going to allow Guiliani or even McCain (despite 6 solid years of Chimp ass kissing) to be the Republican nominee.

As usual, they'll go for some complete dumbassed rube like George Allen. Not Jeb in 2008. They aren't that stupid.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
06-01-2006, 01:11 PM
FORD, if you're enthusaiastci about Gore, that's a sure sign he'd be destined to lose. Big.

knuckleboner
06-01-2006, 01:32 PM

As usual, they'll go for some complete dumbassed rube like George Allen. Not Jeb in 2008. They aren't that stupid.

eh...at least i can say that i've met the president, then...;)

however, i think that the republicans will know it will be pretty tough to run on the pro-bush ticket. allen will not have an easy time, and in fact, will be facing a decent sentatorial challenge this year. he wins, i'm thinking, but he'll have to spend a bit more time on it then he wanted to.

jcook11
06-01-2006, 01:54 PM
BWAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAHAAA

binnie
06-01-2006, 01:59 PM
How much will the Iraq war influence people's voting?

jcook11
06-01-2006, 02:10 PM

you're getting sleeeeppy sleeeppy.:p

FORD
06-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by jcook11
you're getting sleeeeppy sleeeppy.:p

Yeah, but that happens when you switch from coffee to green tea and still don't get any goddamn sleep at night :(

jcook11
06-01-2006, 04:20 PM
Last time I checked Al couldn't even win his own home state.

ULTRAMAN VH
06-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Can't really stand Gore or Hitlary, but I think Gore is mounting some kind of secret comeback. Holy Shit I just agreed with FORD. A global warming disaster must be on the horizon. Run for the hills!!!!!!!!

Seshmeister
06-01-2006, 11:56 PM
Gore and Kerry may run from what I've heard.

Hillary has been running for president for a couple of years now.

The smart money is on a Hillary v. McCaine election.

For me that's a big improvement either way no matter who wins.

Like the majority of the world all I care about is US foreign policy and the US not having a dangerous nutcase running shit.

Of course what will probably happen is that you crazy nutcases will elect Bruce Willis, Chuck Norris, Spongebob Squarepants or one of Bush's daughters or fucking something...:)

LoungeMachine
06-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Gore already won a presidential election in 2000

However I have a hard time reading anything from Raw Story after their "Rove to be Indicted" banner.......

He will be indicted, just not when Wrong Story says so.....

And Hillary wants Majority Leader more than Pres.........

Seshmeister
06-02-2006, 12:07 AM
I was impressed with Gulianni from 9-11 whilst Bush was Chicken Little, to him being able to make 20 minute excellent unscripted speeches but he's fucked up with his huge support for the war in Iraq.

LoungeMachine
06-02-2006, 12:09 AM
Rudy has waaaaaayyyy too many skeletons in his closet.

Seshmeister
06-02-2006, 12:10 AM
It's all about money and power in any case so I don't know why we even bother to discuss what president you will be given by the 1% that run America..

FORD
06-02-2006, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

Of course what will probably happen is that you crazy nutcases will elect Bruce Willis, Chuck Norris, Spongebob Squarepants or one of Bush's daughters or fucking something...:)

http://cagle.msnbc.com/news/SpongebobGay/images/cam.gif
Spongebob Squarepants will never get the Republican nomination after James Dobson outed him.

ELVIS
06-02-2006, 12:28 AM
"Hi, I'm Al Gore and I used to be the next president of the United States."

matt19
06-02-2006, 12:36 AM
hey now lets not hate one chuck norris, after all his tears cure cancer!

jcook11
06-02-2006, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Gore already won a presidential election in 2000

However I have a hard time reading anything from Raw Story after their "Rove to be Indicted" banner.......

He will be indicted, just not when Wrong Story says so.....

And Hillary wants Majority Leader more than Pres.........

Gore won in 2000 really....:)

Dr. Love
06-02-2006, 01:42 AM
And everyone except defense contractors and oil company
executives would have to answer NO.

You mean defense contractors, oil company executives and Dr. Love.

FORD
06-02-2006, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
You mean defense contractors, oil company executives and Dr. Love.

You're better off because of the BCE?

How so?

diamondD
06-02-2006, 07:07 AM
I've told you I was better off and you insisted that I had to work for one of the above industries. You just don't get hard work do you?
:)

Seshmeister
06-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Rudy has waaaaaayyyy too many skeletons in his closet.

The guy at the moment was a cokehead, drunk driver, business failure who went AWOL from his draft dodge.

The guy before him draft dodged, smoked dope and fucked anything that moved before and after getting into office.

Do skeletons matter any more?

LoungeMachine
06-02-2006, 10:35 AM
LMMFAO

Good point.

It's a race to the bottom in US Nat'l politics now.....

Dr. Love
06-02-2006, 11:15 AM
You're better off because of the BCE?

How so?

You didn't say 'because of the BCE' ... but even so, I don't know how much this has to do with them, but my own salary has more than doubled since in the last 3 years in the same industry (software development).

I attribute that to my own skills and not the government, though.

FORD
06-02-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
You didn't say 'because of the BCE' ... but even so, I don't know how much this has to do with them, but my own salary has more than doubled since in the last 3 years in the same industry (software development).

I attribute that to my own skills and not the government, though.

Good enough. But that still puts you (and Jeff) in the minority, considering all the outsourcing going on in the tech areas :(

ELVIS
06-02-2006, 02:24 PM
They should...

FORD
06-02-2006, 02:30 PM
Who should....what?