PDA

View Full Version : Eat 'Em and Smile vs. Diver Down

Loons The Great
06-01-2006, 06:27 PM
Which album flaps yo flapjacks mo' one time...both have great covah tunes and b-b-b-b-badass originals nah yez...Tobacco Road vs. The Full Bug...so tell me nah nah yez...

Blackflag
06-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Eat 'em and Smile.

DlocRoth
06-02-2006, 12:52 AM
Call me crazy, but I'm goin DD...

Hate to admit it, but the 6 pack is better than anything that came after.

sadaist
06-02-2006, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by DlocRoth
Call me crazy, but I'm goin DD...

Hate to admit it, but the 6 pack is better than anything that came after.

Why would you hate to admit that? The six-pak may have been the greatest showing of any band ever. It would be like Pink Floyd releasing Dark Side of The Moon & The Wall and then calling it quits. Not a stinker in the bunch.

Diver Down.

DlocRoth
06-02-2006, 01:19 AM
LOL

I hate it cuz EEAS is better than 99.99% of all there is...

Never thought I'd face a quandry like that.

trueblue
06-04-2006, 02:59 AM
another cliff-hanger of a match-up out of the DLR/VH catalog...but i won't sit on the fence Loons...i'd say EEAS tugs my strings harder...in spite of a few silly squealing solos by Steve Vai, Dave's white-hot intensity on vocals and the usual winsome witty lyrics wows me to this day...of course the band was so tight and sounded so powerful and passionate which helped Dave pull out this solo winner...a few years ago, it would have been easier to choose between EEAS and DD, but i've learned to like DD a whole lot more than i once used to....still, EEAS is an eternal fave of mine..

Romeo Delight
06-04-2006, 03:46 AM
Tobacco Road could be my favorite song from EUAS, but Diver Down was the ultimate party album.

binnie
06-04-2006, 03:52 AM
EEAS is a fantastic album,

But I'm gonna have to go DD

Padre Atilio
06-05-2006, 06:50 PM
I'll say once again the album with that white stripe on the cover - Diver Down - cause its a classic ... no need for explanation ...