PDA

View Full Version : Black Sabbath Live with Rob Halford 1992

ELVIS
06-02-2006, 04:12 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/co8rSN4MquY"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/co8rSN4MquY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

:elvis:

ELVIS
06-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Outstanding audience recording!

I wonder what video camera that is...

I want one...

ELVIS
06-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Actually, I'd bet it's an old Sony analog Hi-8...

Those cameras had great sound and a good colorful picture that didn't get grainy in the dark...

Hardrock69
06-02-2006, 04:39 PM
I have a very low-gen VHS of both nights.

The second night, I have the 30-minute Black Sabbath set, as well as some raw MTV footage taken from the pit in front of the stage (with horribly distorted bass drowning almost everything else out) and a nice long interview with Rob, Tony, Geezer, and Vinnie Appice.

To top it off, a friend of mine recorded both nights on audio and I have a copy direct from the master.

ELVIS
06-02-2006, 04:55 PM
So share it...

Hardrock69
06-02-2006, 05:04 PM
Would be nice, wouldn't it?

1. It is probably on DVD already somewhere, lower generation than mine.

2. If I were to spend 24/7 converting my collection of stuff just to share with everyone, I would be busy for the next several years, and I do have a life.

As it is, several individuals around here have recently received copies of a Queensryche show I transferred to DVD that I myself filmed (with permission from the band) in 1995. It took me over a month to get the quality, menus, etc. the way I wanted it.

This is not to mention the bootlegs stuff I download off the net...I have several DVDs worth of audio stuff I have yet to transfer to CD.

So basically, I would like to, but I have so much other stuff on my plate it is impossible to find the time.

This is not to mention the 25-year backlog of original music I need to record properly with my Roland VS-1680.

So needless to say, on an audio-visual and creative level...I have enough to keep me busy for the next 10 years...and that is not including anything I acquire during that time period as well....

As for the Black Sabbath with Halford shows...just do a Google:

Black Sabbath with Rob Halford, Costa Mesa, CA 11/14/92 or 11/15/92.

I just did and there were pages of bootleg lists by people who already have it on DVD.

Golden AWe
06-02-2006, 05:57 PM
I have the bootleg somewhere...it's good stuff!

And I've never liked Post-Ozzy sabbath or Judas Priest that much....

binnie
06-03-2006, 04:43 AM
Cheers Elvis, that was cool