PDA

View Full Version : The war crime they've been waiting for?

BigBadBrian
06-02-2006, 05:01 PM
The war crime they've been waiting for?
Jun 2, 2006
by Mona Charen

No one yet knows what happened in Haditha, Iraq, last November. There are accounts -- unconfirmed -- of a massacre perpetrated by a unit of enraged Marines against unarmed civilians. Unless I miss my guess, this is about to become the biggest story in the world.

Consider that Abu Ghraib, which did not involve killing or torture (though it did include extreme humiliation) became the American and world press's favorite topic for weeks on end, though far more grotesque acts were being perpetrated daily by the jihadists in Iraq and elsewhere. In the period since then, the American press has focused almost exclusively on stories from Iraq that depict the situation as hopeless and the role of Americans as counterproductive.

Even before we know anything with certainty about Haditha, the Chattanooga Times Free Press has let fly with this bit of instant sociology: "If the vicious sectarian strife that is ripping Iraq apart holds no apparent end and is now sufficient to prompt a spree of unprovoked killings of innocents by American troops, Americans reasonably may wonder whether, as some generals already believe, this nation is now doing more harm than good by remaining in Iraq."

Rep. Jack Murtha, D-Pa., every liberal's favorite ex-Marine since the day he advised pulling out of Iraq, called a press conference to accuse the Marines of murder. "[T]here was no firefight, there was no IED that killed these innocent people. Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them, and killed innocent civilians in cold blood."

The Boston Globe, like countless other outlets I checked on Nexis.com, has rushed to dust off Vietnam analogies: "The My Lai massacre, covered up for more than a year, symbolized the moral bankruptcy of the Vietnam War. Senators need to determine whether the Haditha killings were a shameful anomaly, or, three years into the occupation, a manifestation of a deep coarsening in the US force." Three guesses which option the Globe thinks is true?

Actually, My Lai was not evidence of the moral bankruptcy of the Vietnam War. It was exactly what America-haters here and abroad claimed it was not -- an aberration. It is endlessly frustrating to see those who were so wrong about the Cold War, starting with Vietnam, invoke the memory of that conflict to stand for the opposite of what it should. The principal "lesson" of Vietnam that our enemies learned was that America could be driven from the battlefield by psychological warfare aimed at the home front. They always flee, teaches Osama bin Laden. The lessons our liberal professors and editorialists learned was that the war was immoral. And no amount of experience -- a million boat people, genocide in neighboring Cambodia, the collapse of communism nearly everywhere -- has been sufficient to alter their view.

There are any number of liberal congressmen, commentators and opinion leaders who, like their European counterparts, actively wish America to fail in Iraq because it will mean the failure of the hated Bush presidency. Their reporting from Iraq has therefore been one-sided and defeatist from the beginning. (In fact, the defeatism preceded the Iraq War and was evident in the early days of the Afghanistan campaign as well when The New York Times famously declared the conflict a "quagmire" after only a few days of fighting.)

Amir Taheri, writing in the June issue of Commentary magazine, offers a catalogue of progress in Iraq that is almost impossible to find in our principal news outlets. For example, he notes that there have been no queues of refugees streaming out of Iraq. To the contrary, 1.2 million have returned home since Saddam's ouster. Muslim pilgrims are flocking to the holy sites in Karbala and Najaf. The Iraqi dinar, which had been in free fall during the final period of Saddam's misrule, has risen by 17 percent against the Kuwaiti dinar and 23 percent against the Iranian rial. Iraq's GDP has rebounded since the invasion, and inflation has dropped from 70 percent to 25.4 percent.

Yes, violence is extreme, particularly in certain areas of the country. But this does not mean that democracy is failing to take root. Seventy percent of eligible Iraqis voted in the past three years. Radio stations, newspapers and Internet blogs have proliferated. The first free trade unions in the Arab world have begun in Iraq.

But don't expect to hear about those things. Our press will doubtless be too busy luxuriating in Haditha.

Link (http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/monacharen/2006/06/02/199603.html)

jcook11
06-02-2006, 05:14 PM
FORD LOUNGE SESH AND HR69 all know what happened just ask them.

ELVIS
06-02-2006, 05:21 PM
What is an immoral war ??

jcook11
06-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

Any one involving a republican president.

FORD
06-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Maybe that Likudist CUNT Mona Sharon (yes that's how her name is really spelled) would like to clean the 8 year old girl's brains off the boots of the soldier who tried in vain to rescue her and is now scarred mentally for life.

ODShowtime
06-02-2006, 08:16 PM
So this is what we're all subjected to now. 6 fucking threads in a row? geeze

DEMON CUNT
06-02-2006, 09:28 PM
http://rawstory.com/images/ishaqi/ishaqie.jpg

DEMON CUNT
06-02-2006, 09:31 PM
http://rawstory.com/images/ishaqi/ishaqig.jpg

What if this was your child?

ELVIS
06-02-2006, 09:36 PM
It would be dead...

FORD
06-02-2006, 09:37 PM
It would be dead...

And what would you do about it?

jcook11
06-02-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT

"If you don't stop picking that, it will never heal"

Seshmeister
06-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Jun 2, 2006
by Mona Charen

No one yet knows what happened in Haditha, Iraq, last November. There are accounts -- unconfirmed -- of a massacre perpetrated by a unit of enraged Marines against unarmed civilians. Unless I miss my guess, this is about to become the biggest story in the world.

Consider that Abu Ghraib, which did not involve killing or torture (though it did include extreme humiliation) became the American and world press's favorite topic for weeks on end, though far more grotesque acts were being perpetrated daily by the jihadists in Iraq and elsewhere. In the period since then, the American press has focused almost exclusively on stories from Iraq that depict the situation as hopeless and the role of Americans as counterproductive.

Even before we know anything with certainty about Haditha, the Chattanooga Times Free Press has let fly with this bit of instant sociology: "If the vicious sectarian strife that is ripping Iraq apart holds no apparent end and is now sufficient to prompt a spree of unprovoked killings of innocents by American troops, Americans reasonably may wonder whether, as some generals already believe, this nation is now doing more harm than good by remaining in Iraq."

Rep. Jack Murtha, D-Pa., every liberal's favorite ex-Marine since the day he advised pulling out of Iraq, called a press conference to accuse the Marines of murder. "[T]here was no firefight, there was no IED that killed these innocent people. Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them, and killed innocent civilians in cold blood."

The Boston Globe, like countless other outlets I checked on Nexis.com, has rushed to dust off Vietnam analogies: "The My Lai massacre, covered up for more than a year, symbolized the moral bankruptcy of the Vietnam War. Senators need to determine whether the Haditha killings were a shameful anomaly, or, three years into the occupation, a manifestation of a deep coarsening in the US force." Three guesses which option the Globe thinks is true?

Actually, My Lai was not evidence of the moral bankruptcy of the Vietnam War. It was exactly what America-haters here and abroad claimed it was not -- an aberration. It is endlessly frustrating to see those who were so wrong about the Cold War, starting with Vietnam, invoke the memory of that conflict to stand for the opposite of what it should. The principal "lesson" of Vietnam that our enemies learned was that America could be driven from the battlefield by psychological warfare aimed at the home front. They always flee, teaches Osama bin Laden. The lessons our liberal professors and editorialists learned was that the war was immoral. And no amount of experience -- a million boat people, genocide in neighboring Cambodia, the collapse of communism nearly everywhere -- has been sufficient to alter their view.

There are any number of liberal congressmen, commentators and opinion leaders who, like their European counterparts, actively wish America to fail in Iraq because it will mean the failure of the hated Bush presidency. Their reporting from Iraq has therefore been one-sided and defeatist from the beginning. (In fact, the defeatism preceded the Iraq War and was evident in the early days of the Afghanistan campaign as well when The New York Times famously declared the conflict a "quagmire" after only a few days of fighting.)

Amir Taheri, writing in the June issue of Commentary magazine, offers a catalogue of progress in Iraq that is almost impossible to find in our principal news outlets. For example, he notes that there have been no queues of refugees streaming out of Iraq. To the contrary, 1.2 million have returned home since Saddam's ouster. Muslim pilgrims are flocking to the holy sites in Karbala and Najaf. The Iraqi dinar, which had been in free fall during the final period of Saddam's misrule, has risen by 17 percent against the Kuwaiti dinar and 23 percent against the Iranian rial. Iraq's GDP has rebounded since the invasion, and inflation has dropped from 70 percent to 25.4 percent.

Yes, violence is extreme, particularly in certain areas of the country. But this does not mean that democracy is failing to take root. Seventy percent of eligible Iraqis voted in the past three years. Radio stations, newspapers and Internet blogs have proliferated. The first free trade unions in the Arab world have begun in Iraq.

But don't expect to hear about those things. Our press will doubtless be too busy luxuriating in Haditha.

Link (http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/monacharen/2006/06/02/199603.html)

This is just about the most stupid thing I have ever read.

It's 1/10th as sensible as your average Jesterstar thread.

There is nothing else to say, it's not something you can argue with because it is just utter nonsence.

Keef
06-02-2006, 10:28 PM
It would be dead...

You are such a son of a bitch to say something like that. Fuck you and anyone like you.

Stop breathing my air.

ELVIS
06-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Keef
You are such a son of a bitch to say something like that. Fuck you and anyone like you.

Fuck you and your momma...

If it were her, she would be dead too...

jcook11
06-02-2006, 11:29 PM

That will probably leave a nasty scar

LoungeMachine
06-03-2006, 12:34 AM
Fuck you and your momma...

If it were her, she would be dead too...

Another fine example of High Moral Standards from The Christian Right :rolleyes:

I think you need to be re-born-again......

The first few times obviously didn't take.

hypocrite.

LoungeMachine
06-03-2006, 12:36 AM

Any war in the name of religion for starters :rolleyes:

jcook11
06-03-2006, 12:39 AM

Better get some peroxide and a bandaid on that before it gets infected.

frets5150
06-03-2006, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by jcook11
Better get some peroxide and a bandaid on that before it gets infected.

WTF do you find Amusing about this pic?:mad:

LoungeMachine
06-03-2006, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Jun 2, 2006
by Mona Charen

This is the problem with your op-eds, Brie.....

Let's pick this first paragraph apart, shall we?

NO ONE YET KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED IN HADITHA

Bullshit. The Marines, as well as eyewitnesses know what happened

THERE ARE ACCOUNTS-UNCONFIRMED

Bullshit. The accounts HAVE been confirmed, by more than one source, hence the investigations

A UNIT OF ENRAGED MARINES

And so the defense begins......how does this writer KNOW the mental state of the Marines?

THE BIGGEST STORY OF THE WORLD

Right, finally.....but not for the reasons you think. It SHOULD be the biggest story.......BECAUSE AS THE WORLD'S SUPPOSED MORAL LEADERS WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ABOVE THIS BEHAVIOR, AND SUPPOSED TO BE FIGHTING FOR THE FREEDOM TO LIVE WITHOUT FEAR OF THIS SORT OF ATTACK

I have my own personal suspicions that these men were probably on their 3rd or 4th deployment........and about ready to crack under the stress.

Well done, Rummy.

DO THE RIGHT THING AND RESIGN.:mad:

LoungeMachine
06-03-2006, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by frets5150

He's an admitted wife beater from Oorange County.......

He'll find humor in other's suffering without much thought.

Especially those weaker than himself. It helps his low self esteem.

Pray he never has children of his own.....

jcook11
06-03-2006, 12:53 AM

WTF makes you think I find anything amusing about that picture? :confused:

frets5150
06-03-2006, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Post the picture fine But in the 843 days since I joined those were the worst comments I ever read on this site...:o

jcook11
06-03-2006, 12:55 AM

I find humor in watching you Leftwing apologists

frets5150
06-03-2006, 12:57 AM

Confused? If I have to answer that then you need serious help.Reread what Idiotic statement's you posted :mad:

LoungeMachine
06-03-2006, 12:58 AM

:rolleyes:

jcook11
06-03-2006, 01:02 AM
Confused? If I have to answer that then you need serious help.Reread what Idiotic statement's you posted :mad:

I know what I posted Frets. You and your ilk wanna sit home on your computers and fry these marines when....YOU WERE NOT THERE....YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED.All you know is that the marines are guilty

frets5150
06-03-2006, 01:12 AM
I know what I posted Frets. You and your ilk

ilk?
When did I ever say anything bad about the Marines?
And I don't know WTF happened but it happened That's a little baby with its head smashed in and you find it Funny...BTW were you there do you know what happened?:mad:

jcook11
06-03-2006, 01:21 AM
ilk?
When did I ever say anything bad about the Marines?
And I don't know WTF happened but it happened That's a little baby with its head smashed in and you find it Funny...BTW were you there do you know what happened?:mad:

No, I was not there either.....That's the point. I am willing to find out the FACTS. Until then unlike others on this site I'm not blaming the marines.

frets5150
06-03-2006, 01:25 AM
No, I was not there either.....That's the point. I am willing to find out the FACTS. Until then unlike others on this site I'm not blaming the marines.

Oh so if the marines did it then your comments about the picture stands if it were done by whom ever else then you don't mean what you said about the Pic?:rolleyes:

jcook11
06-03-2006, 01:33 AM
Oh so if the marines did it then your comments about the picture stands if it were done by whom ever else then you don't mean what you said about the Pic?:rolleyes:

Sorry Frets, I don't find anything about those pics or war for that matter amusing IT'S FUCKING SICK! My point (and I'm sorry if you didn't get it) is that the marines in this are innocent until proven guilty.
My guess is that they were attacked by a bunch of chickenshit pussies that ran behind a bunch of women and children thats' just my guess.

frets5150
06-03-2006, 01:43 AM
Sorry Frets, I don't find anything about those pics or war for that matter amusing IT'S FUCKING SICK! My point (and I'm sorry if you didn't get it) is that the marines in this are innocent until proven guilty.
My guess is that they were attacked by a bunch of chickenshit pussies that ran behind a bunch of women and children thats' just my guess.

Ok now we're getting somewhere I don't give a fuck who did it. It's two seperate issues.No matter who did it your comments were uncalled for.
Imo I think it was the Marines some have been there since day one and I think they are starting to SNAP and don' care anymore.
BTW Are you a Marine?

jcook11
06-03-2006, 01:49 AM
Ok now we're getting somewhere I don't give a fuck who did it. It's two seperate issues.No matter who did it your comments were uncalled for.
Imo I think it was the Marines some have been there since day one and I think they are starting to SNAP and don' care anymore.
BTW Are you a Marine?

No, I am not but I do have a nephew who has spent time in Iraq and has told me a lot of interesting stuff. Sorry if my comments offended you. They were not meant to.

frets5150
06-03-2006, 01:56 AM
Ahh so you think it's a Personal attack on your nephew?

jcook11
06-03-2006, 02:00 AM
Ahh so you think it's a Personal attack on your nephew?

Not just him there a lot of brave fucking people over there that like it or not are going through some serious shit and I don't like to see them get spit on by someone sitting in their cozy little house on their computer bashing them.

Guitar Shark
06-03-2006, 02:06 AM
jcook, what is your educational background?

frets5150
06-03-2006, 02:07 AM
Not just him there a lot of brave fucking people over there that like it or not are going through some serious shit and I don't like to see them get spit on by someone sitting in their cozy little house on their computer bashing them.

Who's Bashing them? This is a war based on lies and we have a Dumb Fucking Chimp running this country but I don't hear anyone Bashing them.

ELVIS
06-03-2006, 02:12 AM
You don't ??

frets5150
06-03-2006, 02:16 AM
Not in this Forum I don't if so show me

jcook11
06-03-2006, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
jcook, what is your educational background?

Your basic stuff high school grad 2yrs community collge + the school of hard knocks we have all attended

DavidLeeNatra
06-03-2006, 07:25 AM

I'd hire some airplanes and crash them into every building I could find...starting with washington d.c.?

a great army you have, and great defenders of human rights you are, thank you all you fighters for human rights in the name of jesus christ...oh...and SIEG HEIL, mr bush...

BigBadBrian
06-03-2006, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

There is nothing else to say, it's not something you can argue with because it is just utter nonsence.

I doubt you even read it. :)

Just what is so stupid about it. Care to elaborate.

No.

Instead, you just make silly generic statements.

:gulp:

BigBadBrian
06-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

I doubt you even read it. :)

Just what is so stupid about it. Care to elaborate.

No.

Instead, you just make silly generic statements.

BigBadBrian
06-03-2006, 08:33 AM

I have my own personal suspicions that these men were probably on their 3rd or 4th deployment........and about ready to crack under the stress.

Well done, Rummy.

DO THE RIGHT THING AND RESIGN.:mad:

I guess you are allowed to make assumptions but this writer is not.

Particularly about the part where she says "NO ONE YET KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED IN HADITHA."

Most people would assume she meant: Nobody knows the truth until it comes out in trial/court martial.

I will agree with you about the Rummy part, however. Never did like the man. Alot of his Force Transformation ideas are off the mark.

BigBadBrian
06-03-2006, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
I'd hire some airplanes and crash them into every building I could find...starting with washington d.c.?

a great army you have, and great defenders of human rights you are, thank you all you fighters for human rights in the name of jesus christ...oh...and SIEG HEIL, mr bush...

David, I appreciate you taking the time to come to this forum to post your viewpoints. We need more people from the Roth Army site to post here. I have great respect for you, having read your posts in the past.

However, I must disagree with your statement above. It is simply wrong to paint our entire Army, indeed our entire armed forces, with such a broad brush that you've used. The entire group as a whole cannot be judged with the actions of a few.

It's simply ridiculous, also, to compare Bush with your Mr. Hitler, as you've done. It's a slap in the face to all the people that suffered because of his actions.

:)