PDA

View Full Version : We may all have to go into the military.

Steve Savicki
06-02-2006, 08:49 PM
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:h4752:

"To provide for the common defense by requiring all persons in the United States, including women, between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes."

In the house of Representatives on Valentine's Day as well. Somehow I don't think this was about love.

Unchainme
06-02-2006, 09:14 PM
Lounge,

Arielle is calling Steves name again.

Dump it.

FORD
06-02-2006, 09:23 PM
The bill died in committee on 2/23/06.

Rangel claimed he was trying to prove a point by making everyone's kids, including Chimpy's, eligible for war.

I see his logic, but I can't agree with the methods. And apparently neither could anyone in the House.

jcook11
06-02-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by FORD
The bill died in committee on 2/23/06.

Rangel claimed he was trying to prove a point by making everyone's kids, including Chimpy's, eligible for war.

I see his logic, but I can't agree with the methods. And apparently neither could anyone in the House.

Don't worry FORD ...They don't take fags in the military. :p

blueturk
06-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by jcook11
Don't worry FORD ...They don't take fags in the military. :p

They may take illiterate sheep, though.....

Nitro Express
06-02-2006, 09:49 PM
We live in a world of shit and sometimes when a big turd rolls your way you have to stand up and bat it out. We may not all be in the military but if you don't fight when the shit comes, you are a whimp.

blueturk
06-02-2006, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
We live in a world of shit and sometimes when a big turd rolls your way you have to stand up and bat it out. We may not all be in the military but if you don't fight when the shit comes, you are a whimp.

The "big turd" is Osama bin Laden. Remember him? Bush doesn't.

jcook11
06-02-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by blueturk

Don't make me call the BCE on you BT!

Steve Savicki
06-02-2006, 10:55 PM
The "big turd" is Osama bin Laden. Remember him? Bush doesn't.
So true. It seems he is more focused on domestic problems.

Originally posted by FORD Rangel claimed he was trying to prove a point by making everyone's kids, including Chimpy's, eligible for war.
No way could the chimp manipulate the law to get his kids out of this one even if it did pass, could he?

Switch84
06-03-2006, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express

:D I agree with you, Nitro. It's all good to fake patriotism and love for your country while you're sitting in front of a computer, but when the trouble comes a knocking...

Truth is, I don't WANT just anybody in our military, because many people don't have what it takes (a SPINE) to handle it.

Nitro Express
06-03-2006, 03:42 AM
People don't understand the roll of the military or the National Guard and I'm sick of both organizations being misused. The National Guard originally was to guard the nation. The National Guard is organized at the state level and falls under the authority of the state govenors. In Vietnam and Iraq, the National Guard has been missused to provide people for wars that really have nothing to do with national security. Putting the National Guard on the Mexican border is the propper way to use those people. Pulling the National Guard out of the country only weakens us here at home more.

The full time military basically do two things. Kill people and break things. It's a powerful machine and to keep this machine from turning the country into a military dictatorship ran by a rogue general, the Constitution puts it under the control of a civilian who's elected by the people. I can't think of another presidential cabinet that has abused the military more than the Bush Administration. The military does not exist to invade countries so a few people can profit from the oil deals.

The military exists to clean the clock of anyone who is a real threat to us. In the case of terrorists, things become complicated. I think it's better to shore up security at home and take the time to run covert opperations against terrorists instead of sending in the big military force. You cause a lot less trouble putting a 9mm in the head of the right person than running heavy armor into a country and then trying to run it with trained killers. It never works.

BigBadBrian
06-03-2006, 06:41 AM

I guess you better pack your bags then, turk.

:gulp: