PDA

View Full Version : If/when we go to war with Iran

sadaist
06-04-2006, 03:02 AM
Question for everyone. If/when we go to Iran, will their military be harder or easier to defeat than Iraq's? I don't really know too much about their army. We were warned about Iraq's Elite Revolutionary Guard that turned out to be nothing more than a nuisance. I'm not talking about insurgency and the likes, but Iran's organized military.

Now if they fought Iraq for 10 years and ended in a basic draw, wouldn't that mean they are about equal in strength?

Honest question. Not trying to debate it one way or the other.

Photo of Heather Thomas to view while you write any responses.

binnie
06-04-2006, 04:02 AM
I don't know either.....

I'm sure the military knows, just have to check it's receits for sales of arms in the '80's.

I imagine the problem would again be insurgency.

bueno bob
06-04-2006, 08:09 AM
Insurgency may not be so much of a problem as you think. I've spoken to several Iranians and from what they've told me, many people of the average population hates the ruling government and actually admires America as a country due to the fact that it really hasn't gotten into bed too deeply with crooked clerics, at least not on the level of the EU or others...

Of course, nobody will say this outloud...so...I don't know...

In regards to military might, they're probably more or less even with Iraq's guard...but you also have to consider that American forces are very wide-spread, undersupported by their own government and not at 100% efficiency anymore.

I think everybody can agree that the best thing to hope for is that it doesn't even escalate to the level where we have to find out...

sadaist
06-04-2006, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob

I think everybody can agree that the best thing to hope for is that it doesn't even escalate to the level where we have to find out...

Sometimes I get the feeling that it's a foregone conclusion and the administration is just going through the red tape before it happens.

bueno bob
06-04-2006, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by sadaist
Sometimes I get the feeling that it's a foregone conclusion and the administration is just going through the red tape before it happens.

Probably you're right...I made allusions to the same thing in another thread here recently...

You know, I find it kinda funny that we (and I mean the U.S. Government, not "us" per se) are apparently in a position to mandate to the rest of the world who can have nuclear capability and who cannot.

Fuck, with the way Bush acts, no wonder other countries want some kind of self defense. I mean, really...

What happens when Europe or Canada or Russia or China steps up to the plate and starts telling us what our nuclear program will or won't consist of?

It's no fucking wonder people hate us these days.

Bush's biggest accomplishment in his White House term has seemingly been to progress us by leaps and bounds back to Cold War status and get 2nd/3rd world countries re-interested in an arms race.

Nice work, George.

sadaist
06-04-2006, 09:04 AM
I think the only thing that has saved North Korea thus far is that they do have nukes.

bueno bob
06-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Well, it's been a bait-n-switch routine...Osama and al-Queda gave way to Iraq and Hussein with neither bin Laden captured nor al-Queda broken. Onto Iraq, sabre-rattling with North Korea, verbal sparring and threats against Iran...

Bush's penchant for lumping anybody, regardless of WHO, who didn't kiss his ass into his little "Axis of Evil" couldn't have been well advised, but let's not fool ourselves - this is NOT a President concerned with the future of America or with any trouble he starts and can't finish.

Fuck, he freely admits that. Last time he was asked for an Iraq timetable, he dismissed it with "That's up for some other President to decide".

OK, Pontius. :rolleyes:

I find it bewildering that people still fucking defend that idiot. I've seen Hagar fans on here with more direction than what George has.

binnie
06-04-2006, 10:34 AM
It's a scary thought, but you have to remember that iraq was weakened by the first Iraq war,

So maybe Iran would be stronger

DrMaddVibe
06-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Heather Thomas?

The_KiD
06-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Derka Derka Bitches...

bueno bob
06-04-2006, 11:12 AM
It's hard to say.

The biggest consideration is that Iran's at more or less full strength, while our armed forces suffer from a lack of recruits (probably due mostly to the fact that nobody's particularly excited about going to strange places and getting blown the fuck up for what amounts to no particularly good reason), depletion of resources, poor funding from the federal government...they're spread thin between Iraq and every place else they're currently "policing", and I'm going to go out on a limb and make the assumption that, generally speaking, morale isn't exactly at an all time high from grunt to grunt now that good ole Curious George has entrenched them in Vietnam 2.0; that's of course assumption on my part, but when you could wake up any morning and be part of a "25 person casualty" day as the result of a so-called "terrorist" who looks more and more increasingly like a freedom fighter, well...do the math...

The U.S. military is NOT in the condition right now to enter another full-scale engagement, and anybody in Washington who tells you otherwise is either a fucking liar or doesn't know jack shit about how to run an engagement.

Period.

bueno bob
06-04-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by The_KiD
Derka Derka Bitches...

"COMIN' TO SAVE THE MOTHER FUCKIN' DAY, YEAH!!!"

Grate movie...heheh...

bueno bob
06-04-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Heather Thomas?

That's such a grate poster...

binnie
06-04-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
That's such a grate poster...

Agreed!

BigBadBrian
06-04-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by binnie
Agreed!

I second the motion.

Bump to keep her on top.

:gulp:

Terry
06-04-2006, 10:39 PM
From what I've read, the Iranian people are much more unified in terms of wanting to nationalize a nuclear weapons program...and may be less willing to heed to the US request to stand down, and the mindset, according to some, is that for them being attacked in some respects is preferrable to capitulating to America over the issue.

They have us by the balls over oil far more than Iraq ever did.

All indications are that Iran is a far more problematic situation than Iraq, and everything I'm hearing these days sounds like a repeat of the runup to what happened in Iraq, without the remote possibility we have in Iraq that things might go the way we want them to. Seems like deja vu from the summer of 2002 to the spring of 2003 all over again, with no upside to boot! To think any of these people in the present administration are gonna vigorously pursue the diplomatic track is erroneous; all the same key players and philosophy are in place, without even the timid voice of Powell (what a fuckin' disASter he turned out to be) urging caution this time around.

Recently heard something that seems so obvious, but I hadn't thought about, which is what happens after we finally leave Iraq? Even if we get a government in place that we approve of, what's to stop it from crumbling once the troops are gone? The 'democracy' we bring to Iraq could have a shelf-life of all of 5 minutes once it's over.

And bueno brings up another excellent point; suppose we DO go to war with Iran, and it goes beyond surgical air strikes and we have to put troops on the ground...where the fuck are we going to GET them? Are we gonna start forcing troops in Iraq on their 2nd and 3rd duties to jump over to Iran? How many do we have over there now...100-200k? How many of them are gonna re-enlist? How many are gonna put in four years in Iraq and get out at the first opportunity?

And we've toally taken our eyes off the ball regarding China for the last 6 1/2 years, which has the potential to do far more harm to us than Iraq, Iran and N.Korea put together.

I can live with Iran having a nuclear weapon. Other nations have lived with us having them for a half century plus, and we're the only nation on the planet to have ever used atomic weapons. NOBODY wants to push the button and ignite the big stupid.

You wanna go after terrorists, fine. That's what the special forces arefor. You want regime change, fine. That's what assassinations are for.

Those are my half-baked theories, anyway.

lazlor
06-05-2006, 01:34 AM
ok, a number of things.... good bad and ugly...

bad - iran's army is far superior to what we rolled across next door in Iraq. They have Russian and Chinese ground to air defenses, along with a semi formidible airforce. Their standing army would wipe Hussein's men all over the floor today if the fight happened again and hussein was still in power...

that being said..

the good - everyone, and i mean everyone, left right and middle say that a ground war in Iran would be insane. We would get hung up on their defenses on the shoreline of the gulf, and they have been training the last several years for asymetrical warfare (read: insurgency/guerilla warfare)... which leads to this: there are no, none, nada, zero plans to invade Iran. (well, i'm sure they exist somewhere, but they arent anywhere near the table now).. to punish Iran, air strikes would be used... f15s, 16s, 18s would be used to take out their airdefenses on the first several days, along with the b2 and f117a... then bombing runs would be used for the next several days/weeks... using cruise missiles, 500, and 1000lb guided and dumb bombloads on the bombers.. if the air is truly ours, they may decide to use a few blu's to killl some of the deeper bunkers... but the air would HAVE to be ours as those are dropped from slow moving planes (it's like a 2000lb bomb....)

the ugly of the situation? easy.. Iran has invested a LOT of money the last year or so in their "coast guard" a group of speedboats, which could be used to sink tankers/our ships in the straights of hormuz, thereby closing the shipping lane... effectively doubling the price of oil overnight.

dont worry, we wont go into Iran by land.. there is no feasible way to do that without any sort of protracted conflict, and noone in the DoD or elsewhere has the stomach for that.

The only questions are: will the bombing runs be effective, will it lead to a overthrow of the govt from the inside, will the shipping lanes get shut, will hezbullah go by their words from last week ( essentially said Iran is a big boy, and Hez wont need to step in to fight israel if something happens), willl Iran awaken any sleeper cells around he world?

...... a lot to chew on.. but it CAN be done....

Redballjets88
06-05-2006, 01:47 AM
im pretty sure we would rape them, their technology cant even compare to our, and im pretty sure we would easily find a way to immobilize there "coast guard", in general we can pretty much rape any army on earth, the only difference between them all is the amount of time it would take, i.e. china would take forever

sadaist
06-05-2006, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Terry

I can live with Iran having a nuclear weapon. Other nations have lived with us having them for a half century plus, and we're the only nation on the planet to have ever used atomic weapons. NOBODY wants to push the button and ignite the big stupid.

In our minds. Remember that these are people who go straight to heaven dying in battle. We wouldn't strap explosives to a womans stomach either, but they do all the time. They have a totally different mindset. Iran having a nuke scares the hell out of me. Not as in it being lobbed over here. But having it hit anywhere. I don't want to see it happen. Are they as close as our govt says? I doubt it. Would they like to have nukes? Sure. Other countries don't fuck with you if you've got the nasty.

Redballjets88
06-05-2006, 02:02 AM
if iran gets nukes they will probably destroy Israel which inturn wil send us into war with them, and will probably make them find a way to get a nuke to the US probably via therrorists.

iran + nukes = mass death and destruction

sadaist
06-05-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
if iran gets nukes they will probably destroy Israel ...

I totally agree. I think if they ever completed a nuke, within 5 minutes it would be painted as a giant driedel and on it's merry way to Tel Aviv.

sadaist
06-05-2006, 10:46 AM
Tel Aviv now

sadaist
06-05-2006, 10:48 AM

sadaist
06-05-2006, 10:54 AM
Anyone know if mushrooms are kosher?

Terry
06-05-2006, 10:08 PM
In our minds. Remember that these are people who go straight to heaven dying in battle. We wouldn't strap explosives to a womans stomach either, but they do all the time. They have a totally different mindset. Iran having a nuke scares the hell out of me. Not as in it being lobbed over here. But having it hit anywhere. I don't want to see it happen. Are they as close as our govt says? I doubt it. Would they like to have nukes? Sure. Other countries don't fuck with you if you've got the nasty.

I dunno - I think Iran has much more to gain with the leverage of just having a nuke and the THREAT that they might use it - because if they actually DID use a nuke on someone, they're all done - and I seriously doubt the majority of Iranians are as willing to sacrifice their lives as the 9/11 hijackers.

As intense as many in the Middle East are about their religion, the majority of them want to live.

Even just air strikes on Iran, without the troops on the ground, isn't very comforting.

sadaist
06-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Terry
I seriously doubt the majority of Iranians are as willing to sacrifice their lives as the 9/11 hijackers.

I agree with everything you said. But the major population will not decide whether or not to push the little red button. One guy makes this decision. And that one guy seems a bit off to me.

Seshmeister
06-05-2006, 10:40 PM
I totally agree. I think if they ever completed a nuke, within 5 minutes it would be painted as a giant driedel and on it's merry way to Tel Aviv.

That's fucking nuts.

Israel has a nuclear deterrant. You know remember that thing that stopped a war with Russia for 40 years.

Terry
06-05-2006, 10:42 PM
I agree with everything you said. But the major population will not decide whether or not to push the little red button. One guy makes this decision. And that one guy seems a bit off to me.

I see your point - I'm just not seeing much of an upside to attacking them - would be better off to just get some snipers in there and put a bullet in his head - would send the right message and set just the right tone for the rest of the ruling elite in Iran.

We wouldn't even have to publicly say we did it; everyone would know anyway...

In late 2002/early 2003, before we went into Iraq, there were a slew of articles on Iran in several noted periodicals - and just reading that stuff worried me far more than thinking about ANY of the worst possible outcomes in Iraq.

That one guy seems a bit off to me too, but I can't be certain that he's not bluffing - just somehow throwing wanting to destroy Israel out there because he's aware that as soon as you mention that nation it gets the US in a tizzy - like he's throwing it out there to cloud and emotionalize the issue...

Fucked up.

Bottom line: Iraq is a mess that could have been avoided, but was never anything that gave me pause.

Iran just plain spooks me.

Seshmeister
06-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Iran is just a product of a total fuckup by Bush.

They were coming along quite well slowly becoming more and more civilised, democratic and secular and a hundred times better than Saudi. The majority of Iranians don't even do all the dumb Islam prayer shit.

Then fuckwit Bush sticks them in his 'Axis of Evil' and not suprisingly you get a backlash which leads to them electing a fuckwit. Obviously they look at the 'Axis' and see that North Korea is untouchable because they have nukes so want to get some themselves. Wouldn't you?

I think it's all posturing though.

Because so much of the 100s of billions the US borrows from China to then piss away on 'defence' is wasted in ludicrous rip off contracts with the corporations that in turn fund the politicians then the US is incapable of a conventional war with Iraq.

You end up with a situation where they are spending more of your tax than the rest of the world combined on 'defence' whilst the troops don't even have decent body armour or vehicles to stop them getting killed by primative bombs in Iraq.

LoungeMachine
06-05-2006, 10:58 PM
im pretty sure we would rape them, their technology cant even compare to our, and im pretty sure we would easily find a way to immobilize there "coast guard", in general we can pretty much rape any army on earth, the only difference between them all is the amount of time it would take, i.e. china would take forever

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jesus fucking Christ.........

Public schools in this country are failing us :(

Seriously, Skippy. At least make an attempt to know what the hell you're talking about. And posting above a third grade level wouldn't hurt either.

K?:cool:

LoungeMachine
06-05-2006, 11:02 PM

in general we can pretty much rape any army on earth,

Except those which have no uniforms, and run around planting "ied"s, and blowing BlackHawks out of the sky 3 years after our Commander in Chief declares "major military operations have ended"

Mission accomplished, Skippy :rolleyes:

FORD
06-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jesus fucking Christ.........

Public schools in this country are failing us :(

Seriously, Skippy. At least make an attempt to know what the hell you're talking about. And posting above a third grade level wouldn't hurt either.

K?:cool:

No shit.... is it my imagination or do we have a much higher than usual retard population in here this week?

Not that any of them are new, but it's funny they all come back at the same time.

I think Kook is supplying them with free meth or something.

Seshmeister
06-05-2006, 11:32 PM
I think it's just a product of the fact that we were proved entirely right about what a fucking disasterous stupid evil fuckup our governments empire building in Iraq was.

The 'football team fan' mindset to politics of some people here has had to get more and more desperate in the face of facts.

LoungeMachine
06-05-2006, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
I think it's just a product of the fact that we were proved entirely right about what a fucking disasterous stupid evil fuckup our governments empire building in Iraq was.

The 'football team fan' mindset to politics of some people here has had to get more and more desperate in the face of facts.

That theory may work for the voting 30-40-somethings in here, Sesh, but I'm talking about the 17-19 year old know-it-alls who LITERALLY have a retarded [at best] command of ENGLISH.

These mouthbreathers are going to be voting soon.

God help us.:(

Seshmeister
06-05-2006, 11:45 PM
Brian has retreated into this fucking pathetic argument that if you are German or French then you can't complain about US foreign policy because you are somehow responsible for the actions of their governments over 50 fucking years ago. Back to a time when in the US if you were black you had to sit at the back of the bus.

Because I am from the UK I can't say anything because some UK soldiers gave some Iraqi's a kicking after they had thrown stones at them. Even though I'm against our troops being there or doing that. Or I get the 'argument' what's it got to do with you when in terms of percentage of population there are just as many troops/casualaties from Scotland in Iraq as there are from the US.

And if it's not that then whatever you post is ignored and you get some shit about Clinton or Carter.

Elvis on the other hand sees terrorists everywhere. Anyone that isn't into his new found 'Christian' superstition should be tortured and killed.

It's like arm wrestling Olive Oil...:)

LoungeMachine
06-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Brian slams anyone other than AMERICA........

ELVIS believes anyone other than Christians are GOING TO HELL......

Their self-righteousness has caused more wars than anything else in history.

ELVIS and BRIAN are INDICITIVE of everything wrong in the world today, from ALL sides.

DrMaddVibe
06-06-2006, 07:46 AM

ELVIS and BRIAN are INDICITIVE of everything wrong in the world today, from ALL sides.

How's the "band" doin'?

Damn, you've got a lot of time on your hands.

I suppose your website is just so full that you troll over here.

Fuck, I'd stand shoulder to shoulder...TALL with people like Bri, and Big E before I'd wallow in the mud with pigs like your kind.

LoungeMachine
06-06-2006, 08:45 AM
LMAO

I'm hurt

:lol:

LoungeMachine
06-06-2006, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
How's the "band" doin'?

Damn, you've got a lot of time on your hands.

I suppose your website is just so full that you troll over here.

Fuck, I'd stand shoulder to shoulder...TALL with people like Bri, and Big E before I'd wallow in the mud with pigs like your kind.

Since you asked.......

The band did great. Haven't toured or played together for a while now. There is talk, but I'm pretty much happy with being retired for now. Certainly don't need the money.

As I've told you before, there are a couple of sites, one official, but I have NO interest in spending time on them. No political content, etc. Pretty basic fan pages, discography, etc.

I like it here. I've been welcomed by the webbies here, and they know IF we do decide to tour/record again, that I'll be gone.

So, now tell us about why you like American Idol so much, how your bar band is doing, and how much you hate your boss.

Made enough to pay your bar tab each night? Still waiting for the Geffen Rep to show up and hand you a contract:D

How's life at Mobile Acres? Propane tank stop leaking?

BigBadBrian
06-06-2006, 09:10 AM

Only in debate and needed. I've travelled extensively the world over and think I'm qualified to give an opionion. I have great respect for other cultures other than the one we enjoy.

So do I. :)

There is some question in my mind, however, about the state of the Jewish population.

I guess Liberalism and the decay it has brought our society has nothing to do with anything, huh?

That's OK... if you find Elvis, myself, DrMaddVibe, and some of the other conservatives here offensive, we must be doing something right.

LoungeMachine
06-06-2006, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Only in debate and needed. I've travelled extensively the world over and think I'm qualified to give an opionion.

I don't disagree.

I used to like it when you gave YOUR opinions.

MY problem started when you decided long ago to spam the forum with OTHER'S opnions, and not offer any debate of your own.

And I have no problem with your religious beliefs. But I reserve the right to call out glaring hypocrisies when I see them.

I WISH true Christian Ideals were actually followed. But I don't think they are these days. Certainly NOT by this administration.

I welcome your opinions and debate leading up to this election. In fact I look forward to them.

Even if I am going to hell;)

LoungeMachine
06-06-2006, 09:18 AM

I guess Liberalism and the decay it has brought our society has nothing to do with anything, huh?

"Liberalism" has brought us Civil Rights, Social Security, and the likes of JFK.

Decay has come from BOTH sides, Brie.

Right?

BigBadBrian
06-06-2006, 09:25 AM
I don't disagree.

I used to like it when you gave YOUR opinions.

MY problem started when you decided long ago to spam the forum with OTHER'S opnions, and not offer any debate of your own.

SPAM the forum?

I've posted stories AND op-eds long before you were a member here and DDLR.com. I've done it since day ONE.

I don't agree with everything I post. Sometimes I post stuff to be controversial, sometimes I post to spark debate, and sometimes I post to get under people's skin.

Have you ever noticed this forum when I, and others akin to political beliefs, DON"T post stuff?

The same old tired threads stay on the front page for DAYS, even weeks sometimes.

And I have no problem with your religious beliefs. But I reserve the right to call out glaring hypocrisies when I see them.Fair enough...I've said before and I'll say it again: I don't deny Christians can be hypocrites. We're human. But we also know that fact and come to terms with it...unlike some people. [/quote]

I WISH true Christian Ideals were actually followed. But I don't think they are these days. Certainly NOT by this administration.

I welcome your opinions and debate leading up to this election. In fact I look forward to them.

Even if I am going to hell;)

You and other liberals display weak knowledge of the Christian faith. You do not know what true "Christian Ideals" really are.

LoungeMachine
06-06-2006, 09:31 AM
SPAM the forum?

Yes.

You've even admitted as such.

Others, including oldtimers agree.

So why deny it now?

If you think I'm the first/only one to say this, you're in denial.:rolleyes:

8 op-eds in 12 minutes is spamming. :cool:

Seshmeister
06-06-2006, 09:54 AM

You and other liberals display weak knowledge of the Christian faith. You do not know what true "Christian Ideals" really are.

Do and say whatever the hell you want and then find something in the Old Testament to justify it?:)

LoungeMachine
06-06-2006, 10:30 AM
Do and say whatever the hell you want and then find something in the Old Testament to justify it?:)

Sin all you want, and then just ask for forgiveness.

It's the Right's "Get out of Jail Free" card.

;)

Seshmeister
06-06-2006, 10:33 AM
#3 Make sure you dress well to church otherwise the rest of the people will bitch like hell about you behind your back.:)

Guitar Shark
06-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Nice to see Brian making an effort to be less annoying. ;)

Satan
06-06-2006, 12:21 PM
Sin all you want, and then just ask for forgiveness.

It's the Right's "Get out of Jail Free" card.

;)

And you should see all the shocked faces here in Hell, who found out the hard way that "card" didn't work :D

I really shouldn't tell you mortals this, since it's bad for business, but if you want to spend eternity in a cooler climate, then you might want to actually follow JC's example, not just exploit his name.

TongueNGroove
06-06-2006, 11:07 PM
If we do anything to Iran it will be strategic air strikes to take out nuclear facilities...we would not do a full invasion and regime change.

jcook11
06-07-2006, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by FORD
No shit.... is it my imagination or do we have a much higher than usual retard population in here this week?

Not that any of them are new, but it's funny they all come back at the same time.

I think Kook is supplying them with free meth or something.

No it's just that thinking people see right through the bullshit that you and DOUCHE MACHINE and HR69 AND SESH. keep spewing. :rolleyes:

DrMaddVibe
06-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Since you asked.......

The band did great. Haven't toured or played together for a while now. There is talk, but I'm pretty much happy with being retired for now. Certainly don't need the money.

I'm sure fans of Culture Club will be very happy that you "guys" are talking again. Who cares!

As I've told you before, there are a couple of sites, one official, but I have NO interest in spending time on them. No political content, etc. Pretty basic fan pages, discography, etc.

That's how low on the "totem pole" you are. You don't even have any say how your site is ran. Pathetic...just like you.

I like it here. I've been welcomed by the webbies here, and they know IF we do decide to tour/record again, that I'll be gone.

You mean if you decide to go back to rehab or get locked up again that you'll be gone...you won't be missed one fucking bit!

So, now tell us about why you like American Idol so much, how your bar band is doing, and how much you hate your boss.

I've already stated on this site why I like the show, but because you're a moron and can't use the search function I'll say it again. It provides entertainment that my family and I can enjoy together for different reasons.

I haven't been in a bar band since '87.

I don't hate my boss either.

Made enough to pay your bar tab each night? Still waiting for the Geffen Rep to show up and hand you a contract:D

Each night? I haven't been in a bar or ran a tab up in quite a few years. I don't have the time to sit anywhere and drink, nor do I have the desire to.

I'm not waiting for your boyfriend to hand me anything.

How's life at Mobile Acres? Propane tank stop leaking?

"Mobile Acres"? Yeah...keep dreaming dumbass.

LoungeMachine
06-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Ding!

:lol:

BigBadBrian
06-08-2006, 08:18 AM
Brian has retreated into this fucking pathetic argument that if you are German or French then you can't complain about US foreign policy because you are somehow responsible for the actions of their governments over 50 fucking years ago. Back to a time when in the US if you were black you had to sit at the back of the bus.

Ridiculous. You're hypocrisy is rather glaring, Sesh.

You say this about me and then say nothing of the liberals that bring up Bush's past or the past of Kennedy or anyone else.

I have German and French ancestors (along with Irish and Scottish ;) ) and have nothing against the people themselves ( I will admit that I've posted some good-natred jokes or posts to deliberately spin certain individuals up :D ). It's their governments being in Saddam's pocket that I've been critical of.

Ellyllions
06-08-2006, 09:01 AM
What I've been wondering all along, is why does Iran want in this so bad? Do you reckon that since they were at war with Iraq for 10 years it's just become habit? I know that sounds a little superficial but it just seemed to me a little too "timely"...

I know the history on Israel and Muslims and such so that's always a plausible explanation. But still...

Seshmeister
06-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Ridiculous. You're hypocrisy is rather glaring, Sesh.

You say this about me and then say nothing of the liberals that bring up Bush's past or the past of Kennedy or anyone else.

WTF?

Bush's past is entirely relevant because he is in power.

If Hitler was still running Germany you might have a point.

jcook11
06-08-2006, 07:56 PM

Because I am from the UK I can't say anything because some UK soldiers gave some Iraqi's a kicking after they had thrown stones at them. Even though I'm against our troops being there or doing that. Or I get the 'argument' what's it got to do with you when in terms of percentage of population there are just as many troops/casualaties from Scotland in Iraq as there are from the US.

And if it's not that then whatever you post is ignored and you get some shit about Clinton or Carter.

Elvis on the other hand sees terrorists everywhere. Anyone that isn't into his new found 'Christian' superstition should be tortured and killed.

It's like arm wrestling Olive Oil...:)

Had it not been for the U.S. fifty years ago you would probably speaking German right now dumbass..."Sprecken se deutch?" :rolleyes: