PDA

View Full Version : Democ[size=4]RAT[/size] tells Latinos they don't need papers to vote!!

BigBadBrian
06-04-2006, 03:10 PM
Busby on defense, says she misspoke

By Dani Dodge
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
June 3, 2006

If an election can turn on a sentence, this could be the one: “You don't need papers for voting.”

On Thursday night, Francine Busby, the Democratic candidate for the 50th Congressional District, was speaking before a largely Latino crowd in Escondido when she uttered those words. She said yesterday she simply misspoke. :rolleyes:

But someone taped it and a recording began circulating yesterday. After she made that statement at the meeting, Busby immediately said: “You don't need to be a registered voter to help (the campaign).”
She said that subsequent statement was to clarify what she meant.

The recording, which was played yesterday on Roger Hedgecock's radio talk show, jolted the campaign.

Busby, a Cardiff school board member, is in a tight race with Republican Brian Bilbray, a congressman-turned-lobbyist, who has based his campaign on a tough anti-illegal-immigration stance. Busby has focused her campaign on ethics reform. The two are vying to replace Randy “Duke” Cunningham, who was jailed after pleading guilty to taking bribes.

Busby said she was invited to the forum at the Jocelyn Senior Center in Escondido by the leader of a local soccer league. Many of the 50 or so people there were Spanish speakers. Toward the end, a man in the audience asked in Spanish: “I want to help, but I don't have papers.”

It was translated and Busby replied: “Everybody can help, yeah, absolutely, you can all help. You don't need papers for voting, you don't need to be a registered voter to help.”

Bilbray said at worst, Busby was encouraging someone to vote illegally. At best, she was encouraging someone who is illegally in the country to work on her campaign.

“She's soliciting illegal aliens to campaign for her and it's on tape – this isn't exactly what you call the pinnacle of ethical campaign strategy,” Bilbray said. “I don't know how she shows her face.”

The two later met in a debate in Carlsbad last night.

Earlier, San Diego Minutemen volunteer Anthony Porrello said he got the tape from an an anonymous Minuteman and passed it on to the news media and talk radio. News of the gathering had circulated among local Minutemen before the meeting, according to William Griffith, the independent candidate in the race who has been endorsed by the San Diego Minutemen.

He attended, but did not hear the statement. He said he was in the back of the room.

“I heard what I expected to hear from a Democrat who supports amnesty,” he said. Busby says she doesn't support amnesty, but backs the comprehensive plan pushed by U.S. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., that includes opening a path to citizenship for people in the United States illegally if they pay penalties and abide by certain conditions.

Busby said that Republicans are now twisting her words. She does not in any way support or advocate that illegal immigrants vote, she said.

“I was clarifying the question that was being asked in Spanish and then stated that you do not have to be a registered voter to help the campaign because there were many people who appeared to be to be under 18 in the group who wanted to volunteer,” she said in a statement. “I'm not surprised that the Republican Party is making this last-minute, desperate ploy and it is absolutely false.”

Link (http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/politics/50thdistrict/20060603-9999-1mi3busby.html)

jcook11
06-05-2006, 01:35 AM
HA HA

matt19
06-05-2006, 02:07 AM
Whats new, we dont need border security, if we have it they wont get elected.

DEMON CUNT
06-05-2006, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by matt19
Whats new, we dont need border security, if we have it they wont get elected.

Five years after 911 border security is suddenly an issue?

I don't see you stroking your little penis every time Bush says something stupid.

matt19
06-05-2006, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
Five years after 911 border security is suddenly an issue?

I don't see you stroking your little penis every time Bush says something stupid.

Hey, not little dont make stupid assumptions, might suddenly be an issue for Washington but not for me. So this is just funny, same as when neo- cons say something stupid.

BigBadBrian
06-05-2006, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by matt19
Hey, not little dont make stupid assumptions, might suddenly be an issue for Washington but not for me. So this is just funny, same as when neo- cons say something stupid.

Demon Cunt has cornered the market on "stupid assumptions" (and posts) around here....didn't you know that?

:gulp:

DEMON CUNT
06-06-2006, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Demon Cunt has cornered the market on "stupid assumptions" (and posts) around here....didn't you know that?

Ha! You have no opinions of your own.

LoungeMachine
06-06-2006, 08:47 AM

Of course not.

That's why he needs to lean on Op-eds from men like Ann Coulter :cool:

BigBadBrian
06-06-2006, 09:28 AM

Please....stop.....you're cracking me up. :D

All you do is come in this forum and insult other people that have the audacity to make you feel uncomfortable with your own belief system and thought process.

You are an individual we need to feel sorry for. :(

jcook11
06-06-2006, 06:25 PM

Don't forget FRAU....FORD and DOUCHE MACHINE

DEMON CUNT
06-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Please....stop.....you're cracking me up. :D

All you do is come in this forum and insult other people that have the audacity to make you feel uncomfortable with your own belief system and thought process.

You are an individual we need to feel sorry for. :(

Keep tryin' lyin' Brian.

Warham
06-07-2006, 08:57 AM
She paid the price in full.

She lost.

DrMaddVibe
06-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Warham

She lost.

LooooooooooooooooooooooL!!!!!!!

FORD
06-07-2006, 09:29 PM
She lost by a handful of votes in what used to be an overwhelmingly Republican district.

We'll see what happens in November, when the same two candidates face off again. Assuming that Bilbray the lobbyist isn't in prison by then....

jcook11
06-08-2006, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by FORD
She lost by a handful of votes in what used to be an overwhelmingly Republican district.

We'll see what happens in November, when the same two candidates face off again. Assuming that Bilbray the lobbyist isn't in prison by then....

:cry2: :cry2: :cry: :cry:

FORD
06-10-2006, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by Warham

She lost.

Actually, she didn't.........

http://vote.ss.ca.gov/Returns/usrep/5000.htm

With 100% of the precincts counted here's the total:

Francine Busby 46,585
Brian P. Bilbray 37,050

Looks like the mediawhores jumped the gun.

bueno bob
06-10-2006, 07:56 AM
She said yesterday she simply misspoke.

But someone taped it and a recording began circulating yesterday. After she made that statement at the meeting, Busby immediately said: “You don't need to be a registered voter to help (the campaign).”

She said that subsequent statement was to clarify what she meant.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. I've misspoke myself before...AND I've issued clarifying statements immediately therafter in order to express what I really meant to say without creating confusion.

Therefore, it doesn't require a large leap of faith to believe this is exactly what happened.

No story here, move along...

DEMON CUNT
06-10-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. I've misspoke myself before...AND I've issued clarifying statements immediately therafter in order to express what I really meant to say without creating confusion.

Therefore, it doesn't require a large leap of faith to believe this is exactly what happened.

Neocons are getting desperate. Clinging to any little thing they can find to make the other side look bad.

Their numbers are dwindling... they are even more frightened than usual.

bueno bob
06-10-2006, 11:58 AM
Fear not, DC...they'll be gone soon...

BigBadBrian
06-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob

Bullshit!!!

There is simply NO WAY she mispoke, other than talking out of her ass, which is what Democrats are prone to do.

She said:

Toward the end, a man in the audience asked in Spanish: “I want to help, but I don't have papers.”

It was translated and Busby replied:
“Everybody can help, yeah, absolutely, you can all help. You don't need papers for voting, you don't need to be a registered voter to help.”

FORD
06-11-2006, 03:47 AM
Bullshit!!!

There is simply NO WAY she mispoke, other than talking out of her ass, which is what Democrats are prone to do.

She said:

Toward the end, a man in the audience asked in Spanish: “I want to help, but I don't have papers.”

“Everybody can help, yeah, absolutely, you can all help. You don't need papers for voting, you don't need to be a registered voter to help.”

You DO realize that you're taking her words completely out of context, right?

What she was saying was that you don't have to be a citizen to volunteer to help the campaign. You could go doorbell in Hispanic neighborhood and talk to people about the candidate in their own language. That, in and of itself, could be a great benefit to any candidate.

Of course, if the people you are talking to aren't citizens, and can't vote, then talking to them really is a waste of time.

But he can still do mailings, put up yard signs, etc.

Twisting Busby's words into something else is ridiculous. It's like suggesting that Tony Snow was a racist for using the words "hugging the tar baby" at his first White House press briefing, even though his context had nothing to do with Uncle Remus or any of that shit.

bueno bob
06-11-2006, 03:51 AM
Bullshit!!!

Show me a politician who DOESN'T.

She said:

"Everybody can help, yeah, absolutely, you can all help. You don't need papers for voting,

Oops. She THEN said:

"you don't need to be a registered voter to help."

Which is the clarifying statement and the correction. Ford already cleared up the rest of it, so I don't see any need to reiterate.

That's all...

Big Train
06-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Bottom line is she said what she said. Whether or not voters heard what she wanted them to hear, they certainly heard enough in there to galvanize and vote her down.

DEMON CUNT
06-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Bullshit!!!

Issues such as these distract people like BBB from the many failures and mistakes of the Bush administration.

BigBland is a partisan in moderate's clothing. He claims to blind to party affiliation yet takes on any opportunity to attack a dumb Dem with much glee. All while he is pushing the GOP distraction issue/agenda item of the day.

Most pathetic of all is the fact that BigBland relies so much on the opinions of others because he has none of his own.