PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Helms "Halloween" Remake/Prequel

Jimmy Jingles
06-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Dimension Films has selected "House of 1000 Corpses" & "The Devil's Rejects" director Rob Zombie to inject new life into its long-running "Halloween" slasher film franchse reports the trades. Zombie will write, direct and serve as music supervisor on the film due out next Halloween, some 29 years after John Carpenter unleashed the original story of Michael Myers.

A prequel/remake of sorts rather than another sequel, Zombie aims to return the core tale of Myers and explore the origin of the pale-masked man who massacred his family and pursued his sister through a number of sequels. The purpose is to essentially make the story scary again in the vein of the original film which Zombie, and many film fans and critics, hold in the highest of esteem.

To that end Zombie met with Carpenter before signing on and apparently the director was very supportive of what Zombie is planning.

LINKY (http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/060605m.php)

Fairwrning
06-06-2006, 11:47 AM
well..I guess it's time to butcher my favorite horror flick

Some things should just stay sacred..this sucks!!

Jimmy Jingles
06-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Fairwrning
well..I guess it's time to butcher my favorite horror flick

Some things should just stay sacred..this sucks!!

Agreed.

I like Zombie and I like his films, but some things need to be left alone.

Fairwrning
06-06-2006, 04:04 PM
A big part of this movie was the soundtrack and the lack of gore..but it still scared the piss out of ya...
Zombie is gonna make it gory...and I would assume use his own music...
Ya just can't tell this story any better than John Carpenter did

Terry
06-06-2006, 08:41 PM
Agreed, but there's gonna be another Halloween movie regardless, so it may as well be from Zombie, who (I'd imagine) would at least have enough respect for the original not to do something lame like have, say, Busta Rhymes kick Mike's ass using ghetto kung-fu...

DlocRoth
06-07-2006, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Terry
Agreed, but there's gonna be another Halloween movie regardless, so it may as well be from Zombie, who (I'd imagine) would at least have enough respect for the original not to do something lame like have, say, Busta Rhymes kick Mike's ass using ghetto kung-fu...

Swish.......

I could think of a few bitches who would do worse......

Ron Howard maybe? LOL