PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Star: 'Perhaps Toronto 17 Not Terrorists At All'

Hardrock69
06-07-2006, 09:10 AM
Prison Planet.com | June 7 2006

The Toronto Star postulates that the 17 alleged terrorists accused of plotting to bomb city landmarks may not be terrorists at all.

In an op-ed, Thomas Walkom chronicles the history of Canadian terror arrests and how in every case the supposed evidence against the accused has always evaporated.

The piece also highlights the alarming absence of bullet proof evidence to suggest the Toronto suspects were plotting anything at all.

"If the alleged conspirators knew they were under surveillance, it seems odd that they continued along merrily with plans to make explosives. But perhaps they are not bright terrorists. Or perhaps they are not terrorists at all," writes Walkom.

Walkom also cites the 2004 paintball trial for a reminder of how scant the evidence is these cases usually is.

"In that controversial case (even the presiding judge complained the outcome was unfair), nine Muslim men were convicted of participating in terrorist training — the main evidence being that they had played paintball in the woods outside Washington."

Developments today have centered around the bizarre assertion that the 17 suspects, 5 of whom are teenagers, planned to storm the Canadian parliament and behead Prime Minister Stephen Harper, accusations labelled as absurd by defence lawyers.

One of the lawyers is quoted as saying,"whether you're in Ottawa or Toronto or Crawford, Texas, or Washington, D.C., what is wanting to be instilled in the public is fear".

Another commented that there was, "little evidence after two years of investigation," against the suspects.

As Kurt Nimmo discusses, the government has already changed their story as the fraudulent nature of the whole charade is exposed.

“The Official Story is now the heroic one that the RCMP intercepted the shipment and replaced the dangerous fertilizer with an non-dangerous substance,” writes the blogger Xymphora. “Obviously, some bigwig at the RCMP realized that the sting story would be used by lawyers for the defendants, and ordered that a safer story be spread. Rapid changes in the Official Story is a sure sign of official shenanigans,” as such changes severely weakened both the official nine eleven and London bombing stories, not that the corporate media bothered to point this out, so eager were they to stumble over each other in an effort to suck up government propaganda."

http://prisonplanet.com/articles/june2006/070606notterrorists.htm

Full Bug
06-07-2006, 09:52 AM
The Toronto Star is a left wing Liberal newspaper and this doesnt surprise me, I wouldnt wipe my ass with that paper....

WACF
06-07-2006, 11:38 AM
That article is absurd.

Some of the defence lawyers are proving themselves to be complete assholes too.

jcook11
06-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Once again let's not use theword terrorists that might hurt their feelings also it is prejudicial they are "freedom fighters" :gun:

binnie
06-07-2006, 01:50 PM
LOL!!!

Freedom fighters! that cracked me up!

Innocent until proven guilty, but not convinced by that article...

FORD
06-07-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Full Bug
The Toronto Star is a left wing Liberal newspaper and this doesnt surprise me, I wouldnt wipe my ass with that paper....

Unlike the National Post, which prints complete bullshit stories about Iran forcing Jews to sew patches on their clothes, old school 1938 style, right? ;)

binnie
06-07-2006, 03:16 PM
End of the day, what news can you trust?

FORD
06-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by binnie
End of the day, what news can you trust?

In Canada? The CBC used to be good. But I'm sure Harper and his neocons are trying to change that. Just as the right wing here has ruined our public broadcasting entities to some degree. PBS and NPR aren't FAUX news, but they're a great deal to the right of where they used to be. :(

WACF
06-07-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by FORD
In Canada? The CBC used to be good. But I'm sure Harper and his neocons are trying to change that. Just as the right wing here has ruined our public broadcasting entities to some degree. PBS and NPR aren't FAUX news, but they're a great deal to the right of where they used to be. :(

Harper is doing just fine.

He has been "Busting the media's balls" for being biased and unwilling to report the whole truth.

WACF
06-07-2006, 06:40 PM
....who nows what is up with that "arm band" story...time will tell.

http://www.benadorassociates.com/article/19508

The media had been duped before...mostly because of laziness...or perhaps they just jumped before getting all the facts straight...mostly because of laziness.

FORD
06-07-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by WACF
....who nows what is up with that "arm band" story...time will tell.

http://www.benadorassociates.com/article/19508

The media had been duped before...mostly because of laziness...or perhaps they just jumped before getting all the facts straight...mostly because of laziness.

Are you aware that "benador associates" is the PR front for the PNAC/Likud propaganda machine??

WACF
06-07-2006, 11:40 PM
Nope I was not aware of that.

I picked up that story from a link on a blog.

WACF
06-08-2006, 12:01 AM
Another Toronto Star masterpiece!

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&call_pageid=971358637177&c=Article&cid=1149371435839

The ties that bind 17 suspects?
ANALYSIS | `They represent the broad strata of our community,' the RCMP says.
Jun. 4, 2006. 07:15 AM
SURYA BHATTACHARYA, NASREEN GULAMHUSEIN AND HEBA ALY
STAFF REPORTERS

In investigators' offices, an intricate graph plotting the links between the 17 men and teens charged with being members of a homegrown terrorist cell covers at least one wall. And still, says a source, it is difficult to find a common denominator.

Some of the students, who cannot be named because they are not yet 18 and their identities are protected by Canadian law, attended the same high school.

The suspects are mainly teens and men in their young 20s, with the exception of 43-year-old Qayyum Abdul Jamal, a bus driver and recognized figure at a Mississauga Islamic centre.

Ahmad Mustafa Ghany, a 21-year-old health sciences graduate from McMaster University, was born in Canada, the son of a doctor who emigrated from Trinidad and Tobago in 1955. He and Zakaria Amara, 20, are married to sisters, and were wed by the same Scarborough imam.

Yasin Abdi Mohamed, 24, and 22-year-old Mohammed Dirie were arrested bringing weapons from the United States to Canada in a car allegedly rented by Fahim Ahmad, 21. Ahmad was never charged in that incident but the two others pleaded guilty last October. Both are serving two-year sentences in a Kingston-area penitentiary.

Some may have met through the Internet where, sources told the Star, the investigation began in 2004 with concern over the views expressed. But that group eventually moved away from cyberspace to allegedly meet, plot and recruit.

RCMP Assistant Commissioner Mike McDonell said yesterday the suspects are all Canadian residents and the majority are citizens. "They represent the broad strata of our community. Some are students, some are employed, some are unemployed," he said.

"Some are actually recruited. Going out and looking for marginalized youth, if we can call it that, and other ones it's common association within a community." As police briefed the media, families, friends and neighbours told stories of the men they believe are wrongly accused.

Mohammad Attique couldn't believe the man who had been renting an apartment in his basement for six months is suspected of being a terrorist. He exchanged only brief greetings when he ran into his tenant, Steven Vikash Chand, a 25-year-old Muslim convert who went by the name Abdul Shakur.

For the boys who played basketball with Fahim Ahmad, they believed the charges are simply wrong. And the mother of a 24-year-old who was already dealing with the fact that her son was in jail on gun charges, was devastated by the terrorism charges. "I did not bring up my children in Canada to teach them to kill," Yasin Abdi Mohamed's mother said yesterday.

As police transported suspects yesterday to the Brampton courthouse where they made their first court appearances yesterday morning, they were linked with handcuffs and leg irons, and were heavily guarded.

Also loaded in the police vans with the young men were some of their possessions, including a Grade 10 math text.

With files from Michelle Shephard

FORD
06-08-2006, 12:43 AM
Ms. Benador manages the media

Bill Berkowitz - WorkingForChange

10.14.02 - Today we're going to talk some inside baseball. Not to worry, this column is not about America's "national pastime"; "inside baseball" is just an expression. This column actually is about the work of Eleana Benador. She is one of those influential public relations folks who work behind the scenes, managing and massaging the media.

Eleana Benador runs a high-powered media relations and international Speakers bureau called Benador Associates. With offices in New York City, Paris, London, Madrid, and Geneva, she is a woman on a mission. The last time, and I must confess the first time, I heard about her activities was when Brian Whittaker, writing for Britain's The Guardian ("US think tanks give lessons in foreign policy"), described Benador's work promoting a gaggle of spokespeople that support Israel's objectives in the Middle East.

Whitaker's article painstakingly described the coterie of Middle East "experts" -- nurtured by several right-wing, and mostly Washington, DC-based think tanks -- who have come to dominate the public discourse over Middle East policy. (For more, see "Richard Perle's posse".)

This domination has been aided and abetted by the work of Ms. Benador.

An expert booking agent, Ms. Benador succeeds with remarkable ease in getting her clients maximum exposure on cable's talking-head television programs, and in placing their op-ed pieces in a number of the nation's major newspapers.

Ms. Benador represents a constellation of right-wing politicos and conservative think tankers including: Alexander M. Haig, Jr., -- former Secretary of State under Ronald Reagan who currently runs Worldwide Associates, Inc., a company that assists "corporations around the world in providing strategic advice on global political, economic, commercial and security matters"; James Woolsey -- former Director of the Central Intelligence Agency for two years under Bill Clinton and one of the earliest of drum beaters for taking out Saddam Hussein; Richard Perle -- the neoconservative icon who is one of the chief architects of Bush's Middle East policy; Charles Krauthammer -- a regular columnist with the Washington Post who is a "hawk's hawk"; Michael Ledeen -- currently occupying the Freedom Chair at the American Enterprise Institute in Washington, D.C.; Frank Gaffney -- founder and president of the Washington, DC-based Center for Security Policy and columnist with the Rev. Sun Myung Moon's Washington Times; and Arnaud de Borchgrave -- Senior Adviser and Director of the Center for Strategic and International Studies and former editor-in-chief of the Washington Times.

Dr. Khidir Hamza

One of Benador's bright new stars is Dr. Khidhir Hamza, the dissident Iraqi nuclear scientist who recently charged that Iraq could have a nuclear bomb within months. According to an article in Britain's The Times (September 16), Dr. Hamza, who was science adviser to the Atomic Energy Establishment and later helped to start and direct Iraq's nuclear bomb program before his 1994 defection, claimed "that Saddam [Hussein] could be in a position to make three nuclear weapons within the next few months, if he has not already done so."

The Times: "Dr. Hamza gave warning that UN inspectors would be useless because even if they were given 'unfettered access' they would find it far more difficult than before to detect the nuclear assembly line. 'The beauty of the present system is that the units are each very small and in the four years since the inspectors left they will have been concealed underground or in basements or buildings that outwardly seem normal,' Dr. Hamza said."

Dr. Hamza testified before Senator Joe Biden's Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearings on Iraq in Washington last August, "but it was only after the recent International Institute for Strategic Studies report on the threat from Saddam," reports The Times, "that he became aware of the West's imperfect understanding of the urgency of the situation."

That's where Eleana Benador comes in. Over the past several months Dr. Hamza has been interviewed by the New York Times, Tom Brokaw, Nightly News, 60 Minutes II, PBS Frontline, NPR: All things Considered, and the Morning Show with Bob Edwards.

Interlocking clients

The website run by the Campaign Against Sanctions on Iraq recently linked to photos of Benador that, said website contributor Drew Hamre, were "apparently taken at a meeting that included: US Senator Joseph Lieberman... anti-Arab ideologue Daniel Pipes [director of the Philadelphia-based Middle East Forum], and -- inexplicably -- Reza Pahlavi, the former Crown Prince of Iran. Adding absurdity to inexplicability," Hamre added, "the photos are posted on the vanity website of a Philadelphia-area realtor active in Middle East politics." (View the photos here.)

Since the beginning of August, Michael Ledeen, one of Benador's clients, has written 6 columns in the National Review about Iran -- most of them urging the Bush Administration to rally around the opposition forces and add Iran to the list of future (not too distant) targets.

In a September 1, 2002, piece for the Wall Street Journal titled "The War on Terror Won't End in Baghdad," Ledeen threw Iran into the preemptive strike mix, writing: "this is not just a war against Iraq, it is a war against terrorist organizations and against the regimes that foster, support, arm, train, indoctrinate and command the terrorist legions who are clamoring for our destruction. There are four such regimes: in Iran, Iraq, Syria and Saudi Arabia."

Ms. Benador, along with several of her clients, are listed as "Core Activists and Supporters" of the United States Committee for a Free Lebanon (USCFL) at its website. According to the Guardian's Brian Whittaker, the USCFL publishes the Middle East Intelligence Bulletin jointly with the Pipes' Middle East Forum. The Bulletin, which "is sent out by email free of charge -- but can never-the-less afford to pay its contributors," reports Whittaker, "specializes in covering the seamy side of Lebanese and Syrian politics."

In June 2000, the Philadelphia-based Middle East Forum issued a 48-page study, titled "Ending Syria's Occupation of Lebanon: The U.S. Role." According to a press release announcing its publication, the report called for the U.S. to "demand a Syrian withdrawal and restore Lebanon's sovereignty," and it "suggests a range of specific policy recommendations, from issuing a clear statement of policy ('All Syrian forces must leave Lebanon') to putting serious pressure on Syria." The media contact? Eleana Benador.

A recent article in the Israeli newspaper Ha'aretz will give you an idea of how incredibly tangled-up these people and issues are. Akiva Eldar's piece, "Perles of wisdom for the Feithful," reports that in 1996, Richard Perle (Benador client) and Doug Feith, currently the deputy defense minister and according to Eldar "the No. 3 person in the Pentagon's hierarchy," met at the request of Benjamin Netanyahu who was then taking "his first steps as prime minister." They prepared a report for the Institute for Advanced Strategic and Political Studies, a think tank with offices in Washington, DC and Jerusalem.

Perle, Feith and several others "could not have known that four years later... the working paper they prepared, including plans for Israel to help restore the Hashemite throne in Iraq, would shed light on the current policies of the only superpower in the world," Eldar writes. The paper's major theme was assuring the security of Israel. One scenario advanced was to encourage "investment in Jordan [in order] to shift structurally Jordan's economy away from dependence on Iraq; and diverting Syria's attention by using Lebanese opposition elements to destabilize Syrian control of Lebanon." (For more on this, see here.)

Grand conspiracy? No. Megalomaniacal vision of unleashed U.S. power? You bet. Helping these Dr. Strangelovian characters get their message out? Ms. Eleana Benador of Benador Associates -- priceless.

©Working Assets Online

URL: http://www.workingforchange.com/article.cfm?ItemID=13915

FORD
06-08-2006, 12:46 AM
And just a reminder, since that article was published in 2002, that Ms. Benador's "star" Dr. Hamza, turned out to be a filthy fucking liar.

Like the rest of her clients.

WACF
06-08-2006, 01:32 AM
Interesting....disturbing too.

Managing and massaging the media...you really can not just watch the news or read the newspaper anymore can you.

FORD
06-08-2006, 01:35 AM
Interesting....disturbing too.

Managing and massaging the media...you really can not just watch the news or read the newspaper anymore can you.

I've given up on our media already. I was hoping you guys could keep yours from the darkside, but you already have the National Post and the same people own the Global Network, and even three years ago when I was last up in BC on vacation, I thought Global's news coverage was a little FAUX-ish.

Don't let Harper fuck with the CBC!!

Hardrock69
06-08-2006, 09:25 AM
If this were Ancient Rome, it would be dangerous to be a Christian.

These days, it is dangerous to be a Muslim.

binnie
06-08-2006, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

Absolutely true!

On a different point, you need to look at who owns the media to see whose agenda is pushed...

Angel
06-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Harper is doing just fine.

He is? ;)

Well, if you mean at being GWB Jr...

Yeah, I guess he is! :(

binnie
06-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Spanking!

BigBadBrian
06-08-2006, 02:48 PM

It couldn't be from the fact that you are to the LEFT of most of your fellow Democrats and America as a whole, could it?

Nahhhhhh.....

:rolleyes:

WACF
06-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Angel
He is? ;)

Well, if you mean at being GWB Jr...

Yeah, I guess he is! :(

I gotta disagree...he has really suprised me.

Straight forward answers and he seems determined to make change...the policies they have come up with seem to make sense.

What comparison to dubya do you see?

The latest scandal with Jon Volpe has pretty much shown liberal corruption is deep seated and they just do not get it.

jcook11
06-08-2006, 07:48 PM
Are you aware that "benador associates" is the PR front for the PNAC/Likud propaganda machine??

Mr. FORD Your lithium is ready

Angel
06-12-2006, 05:46 PM
I gotta disagree...he has really suprised me.

Straight forward answers and he seems determined to make change...the policies they have come up with seem to make sense.

What comparison to dubya do you see?

The latest scandal with Jon Volpe has pretty much shown liberal corruption is deep seated and they just do not get it.

I don't like a lot of the parliamentary changes that I see. The Speech from the throne looked more like a State of the Union address, and I'm PISSED right off at the media not being allowed to film the repatriation of our fallen soldiers. Harper needs to realize that our governmental system is based on the British system, not the US.

Lowering the GST is BS... it will only benefit the rich.

Don't even get me started on First Nations issues, including the Kelowna accord...

FORD
06-12-2006, 05:59 PM
All of this sounds sadly familiar.....

DrMaddVibe
06-12-2006, 05:59 PM

Is that a bad thing?

Nickdfresh
06-12-2006, 09:15 PM

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Is that a bad thing?

Not at all! It should be dangerous to believe stupid superstitions of any kind!

Actually, it is...

LoungeMachine
06-12-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Is that a bad thing?

So you think it's okay to persecute people based upon their beliefs?

Figures:rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
06-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Not at all! It should be dangerous to believe stupid superstitions of any kind!

Actually, it is...

WELCOME BACK NICK!

GOOD TO SEE YOU, YOU MISSED SOME FUN WITH BRIE

HOPE ALL IS WELL

:cool:

Nickdfresh
06-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
WELCOME BACK NICK!

GOOD TO SEE YOU, YOU MISSED SOME FUN WITH BRIE

HOPE ALL IS WELL

:cool:

Uhuhuhuhuh!! I think I need a link and a back story...

Full Bug
06-13-2006, 12:02 AM
In Canada? The CBC used to be good.
Yeah, real good, this is a network that to be politically correct refuses to call terrorists for what they are, and instead calls them 'militants', wouldnt want to offend the terrorists I guess.....
A funny columm making fun of those idiots at the CBC, I'm so glad my tax dollars go to this stellar network.....:rolleyes:

Terror at the CBC

What would happen if our national broadcaster was ever taken over by ... er ... 'militants'?

With news last week that the CBC may have been the planned target of a possible terrorist attack ...

---

"Hello, I'm Lorrie Goldstein of the Toronto Sun, reporting live for Sun TV, Torontosun.com and Canoe.ca, outside Toronto CBC headquarters at 250 Front St. W., where terrorists have just taken over the building, demanding that the CBC refer to them as ... uh ... terrorists.

"Wait, here's one of them now ... why, it's Osama bin Laden himself ... Mr. bin Laden, could we have a word with you please?"

"Of course, unwitting dupe of the illegal Zionist entity."

"Thank you. Mr. bin Laden, I'm sure our audience is wondering why you have taken over the CBC and are threatening to blow it up unless your demands are met."

"Well, duplicitous crusader, we are deeply hurt and offended by the CBC's continuing refusal to describe us as 'terrorists.' Instead, they keep calling us 'militants,' 'extremists,' 'attackers' and 'bombers.' I mean, it's bloody demeaning. Just think of it. I, Osama bin Laden, a 'militant'? Geez Louise, spoiled little rich kids from Rosedale wasting their parents' tuition money on poli-sci courses at university join some obscure Marxist group and start calling themselves 'militants' these days. But I, Osama bin Laden, am a 'terrorist.' I mean, that's certainly what the CIA thinks ... now, anyway."

"I see, Mr. bin Laden. Wait a minute, I've just been handed a bulletin from Sun Media. Mr. bin Laden, it appears the CBC bureau in Ottawa is asking whether you have any women in your group of gun-toting ... uh ... terrorists."

"Why does the CBC want to know this, oh evil defiler of the Muslim holy lands?"

"Apparently, their news staff have been advised by their editor-in-chief that they may substitute the word 'gunmen' for ... uh ... terrorists when describing your group, as long as they can first ascertain that there are no women in your group."

"I see. Tell me something, oh two-faced Rotary Club member plotting to take over the world -- is the CBC insane?"

"A lot of people in this country think so, Mr. bin Laden."

"I see, evil spawn of Satan. So, let me get this straight. We storm the CBC's headquarters, overpower their security staff and are now holding hundreds of their employees hostage and threatening to blow up their building and all these infidels care about is whether there are any women in our group, so they will not be politically incorrect if they refer to us as 'gunmen'?"

"Uh, yes, Mr. bin Laden. That about sums it up."

"I see, scum of the earth. Well, I would have thought it was pretty self-evident that I have no women in my group, since, as even the CBC may have noticed when Afghanistan was under the Taliban, we are not exactly a liberated bunch of guys in touch with our feminine side, who believe in the total equality of women. So yes, you may inform the CBC that there are no women in our group and that they may refer to us as 'gunmen' ... and that when they do, we will blow up their headquarters and kill all the hostages for not describing us as terrorists."

"Thank you Mr. bin Laden, and just to be clear, all the CBC has to do is to start referring to you and your group as 'terrorists' in its newscasts and you'll end this siege and go away?"

"Yes ... well, that and burn every last copy of Hockeyville. I mean, have you seen that show? Boy, and they call me cruel."

"Thank you, Mr. bin Laden."

"Think nothing of it, defiler of Palestine."

Full Bug
06-13-2006, 12:08 AM
Memo distributed to CBC staff on use of the word 'terrorism.

What follows is a memo distributed to CBC staff describing the CBC policy on use of the word 'terrorism.'

'Terrorist' and 'terrorism': Exercise extreme caution before using either word.

Avoid labelling any specific bombing or other assault as a "terrorist act" unless it's attributed (in a TV or Radio clip, or in a direct quote on the Web). For instance, we should refer to the deadly blast at that nightclub in Bali in October 2002 as an "attack," not as a "terrorist attack." The same applies to the Madrid train attacks in March 2004, the London bombings in July 2005 and the attacks against the United States in 2001, which the CBC prefers to call "the Sept. 11 attacks" or some similar expression. (The BBC, Reuters and many others follow similar policies.)

Terrorism generally implies attacks against unarmed civilians for political, religious or some other ideological reason. But it's a highly controversial term that can leave journalists taking sides in a conflict.

By restricting ourselves to neutral language, we aren't faced with the problem of calling one incident a "terrorist act" (e.g., the destruction of the World Trade Center) while classifying another as, say, a mere "bombing" (e.g., the destruction of a crowded shopping mall in the Middle East).

Use specific descriptions. Instead of reaching for a label ("terrorist" or "terrorism") when news breaks, try describing what happened.

For example, "A suicide bomber blew up a bus full of unarmed civilians early Monday, killing at least two dozen people." The details of these tragedies give our audience the information they need to form their own conclusions about what type of attack it was.

Rather than calling assailants "terrorists," we can refer to them as bombers, hijackers, gunmen (if we're sure no women were in the group), militants, extremists, attackers or some other appropriate noun.

It's not practical to draft a list of all contexts in which the words "terrorist" and "terrorism" are appropriate in news stories. For instance, we might write that Canada and other countries have passed "anti-terrorism" legislation, or that intelligence agencies have lists of groups that they consider "terrorist" organizations, or that the U.S. government has issued another warning about an increased risk of "terrorist attacks" in the next few weeks, or that certain people have been charged with acts of "terrorism." Use common sense.

The guiding principle should be that we don't judge specific acts as "terrorism" or people as "terrorists." Such labels must be attributed.

As CBC News editor-in-chief Tony Burman has pointed out: "Our preference is to describe the act or individual, and let the viewer or listener or political representatives make their own judgment."

LoungeMachine
06-13-2006, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Uhuhuhuhuh!! I think I need a link and a back story...

Here's a good place to start:D

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36711

Loungemachine is a Gutless, editing pussy?:D

Romeo Delight
06-13-2006, 12:25 PM
I fear that Harper is trying to kiss Bush's ass a little too much.

No way to know what exactly the RCMP knew.

One thing I know is in BC, it is not uncommon at all for Muslims to be involved in agriculture.

I would aslo imagine that there is alot of macho posturing by young Muslims, given that they are under attack the world over.

I don't think these are terrorists, just idiots.

WACF
06-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Idiots who wanted to kill innocents...call them what you will...

They all had one thing in common...something we are not supposed to point out because that makes us bad people then.

Full Bug
06-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by DavidFlamma

I don't think these are terrorists, just idiots.
Just idiots with three tons of an explosive fertilizer.....

Angel
06-13-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Full Bug
Yeah, real good, this is a network that to be politically correct refuses to call terrorists for what they are, and instead calls them 'militants', wouldnt want to offend the terrorists I guess.....
A funny columm making fun of those idiots at the CBC, I'm so glad my tax dollars go to this stellar network.....:rolleyes:

BUG, it was a couple of years ago that they stopped using the term terrorist. The reason being was that it was being overused by ALL media, especially those south of the border, and it was felt that the term was being used strictly as a scare tactic.

They HAVE been calling those arrested "alleged terrorists", which is correct, they ARE alleged until proven otherwise in a court of law.

Do you ever WATCH the CBC? If so, you would know that they have reporters on both sides of the fence politically.