PDA

View Full Version : FOXNEWS on the Vet vs. Michael Moore story

DEMON CUNT
06-07-2006, 09:31 PM
http://www.crooksandliars.com/images/MM-Cavuto.jpg

Watch the news report then the actual footage from the movie here:

Cavuto misrepresents Michael Moore's movie over Lawsuit! (http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/06/06.html#a8608)

Now that's some fair and balanced shit!

matt19
06-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Kinda like Michael Moore did to sway opinion in the movie?

FORD
06-07-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by matt19
Kinda like Michael Moore did to sway opinion in the movie?

Even if that were true, Michael Moore doesn't call himself a news network.

DEMON CUNT
06-07-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Poor dummy matt19. He can't tell the difference.

Did you even watch the clips? Or are you afraid?

Redballjets88
06-07-2006, 09:43 PM
cavuto doesnt call himself a news network either, he just works for one ;)

LoungeMachine
06-07-2006, 11:14 PM
redballmatt19

Combined IQ = room temperature

why bother?

matt19
06-08-2006, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT

Is it just me or do u just insult everyone that doesnt agree with you?

I have seen the movie, I watched the show, rip on me cause im young but I still actually watch and have my own fucking opinions.

matt19
06-08-2006, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
redballmatt19

why bother?

You dont know what to say to anyone that doesnt agree with you either. Just keep on making fun of me, when you are in your 60s my generation will be running the country.

matt19
06-08-2006, 03:35 AM

Ah, but he did act as he were uncovering the truth. Yet he did have an agenda, and cut it to make it look different, more of a mocumentery if you ask me, but what do i know im only 19 right, yet i still get to vote.

diamondD
06-08-2006, 07:09 AM
Dude, your cool. All they have is insults and no solutions. It's like debating with people half your age most of the time.

Ellyllions
06-08-2006, 07:54 AM
I honestly know better than to even do this, but I feel like something is being forgotten in this country and I just can't get passed it.

I've never seen Farenheit and I won't ever. Because I honestly believe that Michael Moore will one day share a room with Rush Limbaugh in a mental facility.

Two years ago, I was fortunate enough to be invited to Washington, DC to have dinner with the Original Band Of Brothers for the 60th Anniversary and dedication of the World War II memorial. It was a moving experience, one that I'll never forget. But what I learned about War, Soldiers, and the dedication that they have will stay with me long after the details of the memorable conversations have faded.

Soldiers are a special breed of people. They see death differently than we do and it's not "brainwashing" like some like to pontificate. But the sticky of it all is that half of any war is fought at home. And that is not the case with this conflict. Home isn't as supportive of the war as it was in WWII. Home is different, so much so that the disconnect between the soldiers on the fields names, messages, and efforts are being used back here for profit.

I couldn't imagine what would've happened if this generation of people were the ones that were here during WWII. I guess the whole of Europe would be speaking German still to this day.

We can't ever forget that those people serving in the military's respective branches are our countrymen. They are our fathers, mothers, sons, brothers, sisters, daughters, aunts, uncles...and we're prepared to give illegal immigrants more consideration than we are them?

If we want this war to end, we have to start working for that end right here. People like Michael Moore, Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter all have to stop being headline news and shunned for having bad manners.

And if this soldier doesn't like the way he was portrayed in MM's movie, he has every right to make his opinion be heard whether it's sueing, or just stating his case. After my dinner with those glorious surviving heros, I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Moore has a lot of surprises coming to him when the amass of soldiers get home. Afterall, they don't believe that they're fighting "Bush's" war, they feel like they're fighting for US.

diamondD
06-08-2006, 08:10 AM
Nice post.

FORD
06-08-2006, 08:10 AM
You can't make a comparison between WWII and this ridiculous invasion & occupation.

WWII was a clear cut case: Hitler wanted to take over the world and the Japanese bombed us. There you go. No mistake about it. You have an enemy. You know where they are. You know what they want. You know where you need to go to stop them.

And WWII was the LAST time such a situation existed. Korea was no threat to the United States. Vietnam was no threat to the United States. and Iraq for damn sure was no threat to the United States.

That's not a reflection of the men who went to those conflicts, whether voluntarily or otherwise, but it IS reality.

I will not support wars that have nothing to do with the United States of America. Doesn't it make more sense to stand up and say that such wars WILL NOT BE TOLERATED??

The United States has the strongest military of any nation that has ever existed on the face of the earth. Nothing wrong with that, in and of itself. But it should be used only to defend the United States of America, unless another verifiable threat the likes of Adolf Hitler should exist again.

Ellyllions
06-08-2006, 08:55 AM
That's an understandable argument on behalf of the reason we're in Iraq. BUT the fact still remains that the mindset of the soldier isn't the same as the mindset back home. And therein lies the problem. Our countrymen and women are living and dying in another country and we're still battling over the reason's for them being there. That doesn't make sense to me.

And the fact that it's even an issue further stresses my point. Somehow we've decided that supporting the soldiers and getting behind them as people means that we support the reasons for war. That's the same distinction that was made during the Vietnam conflict. Hence, soldiers who were doing nothing more than a job came home and were protested against and spit on as they got off the airplanes. Is that going to happen this time? We've already got some religious fanatics attending soldier's funerals with signs that say things like, "God hates Soldiers"...why is that kind of thing allowed? Do you think the Constitution had that kind of free speech in mind?

And saying that we can't compare WWII with this conflict is not seeing the forest for the trees. If we look at it from the perspective of 1) it's a long engagement, 2) American troops are dying, 3) It's affecting life back home...we can compare the two.

Could you imagine what would happen if we were encouraged to buy war bonds, or given Green Stamps? This society would scream like a cat with it's tail caught in a screened door.

I guess what I'm saying is that with any conflict, no matter who it's serving, we should keep our heads about us and not place blame where it doesn't belong. Whether we like war or not we have to be glad that there are people who see honor in fighting and are willing to put themselves at risk for what they believe in. So we can sit in our comfy chairs and argue about the goals behind their missions...

ULTRAMAN VH
06-08-2006, 09:16 AM
Posts 11, 13 and 14 are excellent. Some of the best debate I have read here at the Frontline. Thanks gentlemen!!!!!!!!

FORD
06-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Ellyllions
That's an understandable argument on behalf of the reason we're in Iraq. BUT the fact still remains that the mindset of the soldier isn't the same as the mindset back home. And therein lies the problem. Our countrymen and women are living and dying in another country and we're still battling over the reason's for them being there. That doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe that's because there ARE no valid reasons for them being there? Again, not their fault, but that's the truth. And it's goddamn disgusting that Bush, Cheney, Rummy, and their Pentagon chain of command would deliberately LIE to them, but we know that they did, just as they lied to all of us. And when you read statistics that say 90% of the troops in Iraq actually "believe" that Saddam Hussein had something to do with the attack on the World Trade Center, then you know that somebody drilled that idea into their heads. Whoever did that should be prosecuted for war crimes.

And the fact that it's even an issue further stresses my point. Somehow we've decided that supporting the soldiers and getting behind them as people means that we support the reasons for war. That's the same distinction that was made during the Vietnam conflict. Hence, soldiers who were doing nothing more than a job came home and were protested against and spit on as they got off the airplanes. Is that going to happen this time? We've already got some religious fanatics attending soldier's funerals with signs that say things like, "God hates Soldiers"...why is that kind of thing allowed? Do you think the Constitution had that kind of free speech in mind?

You can't compare Fred Phelps and his band of idiots to what the general public thinks. And the biker groups (which include a lot of Vietnam vets) are keeping those morons in check. A funeral, ANY funeral is a sacred event, and nobody should intrude on that anyway. If I ever see them at any funeral I attend, they'll appreciate my size 15 shoe communicating their free speech straight up their asses.

And saying that we can't compare WWII with this conflict is not seeing the forest for the trees. If we look at it from the perspective of 1) it's a long engagement, 2) American troops are dying, 3) It's affecting life back home...we can compare the two.

Could you imagine what would happen if we were encouraged to buy war bonds, or given Green Stamps? This society would scream like a cat with it's tail caught in a screened door.

I guess what I'm saying is that with any conflict, no matter who it's serving, we should keep our heads about us and not place blame where it doesn't belong. Whether we like war or not we have to be glad that there are people who see honor in fighting and are willing to put themselves at risk for what they believe in. So we can sit in our comfy chairs and argue about the goals behind their missions...

What is their "mission"? Do the troops even KNOW what their "mission" is? Obviously the public doesn't know. I don't think Bush knows. I know what mission PNAC planned the war with, but those idiots didn't plan ahead for a sectarian civil war, similar to what happenned in Yugoslavia once the communists pulled out.

The biggest problem with this occupation, aside from the very existence of it, is the fact that they don't seem to HAVE any sort of realistic mission. Or at least not one that they are willing to talk about.

LoungeMachine
06-08-2006, 09:44 AM

What is their "mission"? Do the troops even KNOW what their "mission" is? .

According to a recent poll conducted, 90% of our men and women fighting in Iraq thought it was in direct retaliation for 9/11, and that Saddam was behind the attacks......

Is it a coincidence that of those returning from Iraq that choose to run for public office, 90% are choosing to run as Democrats?

They were lied to.

We know how they feel.:cool:

Ellyllions
06-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Maybe that's because there ARE no valid reasons for them being there? Again, not their fault, but that's the truth. And it's goddamn disgusting that Bush, Cheney, Rummy, and their Pentagon chain of command would deliberately LIE to them, but we know that they did, just as they lied to all of us. And when you read statistics that say 90% of the troops in Iraq actually "believe" that Saddam Hussein had something to do with the attack on the World Trade Center, then you know that somebody drilled that idea into their heads. Whoever did that should be prosecuted for war crimes.

When it's all said and done whomever did lie or falsify anything concerning this war should absolutely be tried for war crimes. I completely agree with that, but let's do one thing at a time. First let's find out how WE can get this thing overwith and get those soldiers home. It doesn't mean you have to forget who did what, it just means that like a good investigator, you keep notes. Maybe if we'd all be more supportive of the troops and get them home, we'll have even more information to use against the wrong-doers. Who knows what the soldiers have to tell us about what went on.

You can't compare Fred Phelps and his band of idiots to what the general public thinks. And the biker groups (which include a lot of Vietnam vets) are keeping those morons in check. A funeral, ANY funeral is a sacred event, and nobody should intrude on that anyway. If I ever see them at any funeral I attend, they'll appreciate my size 15 shoe communicating their free speech straight up their asses.
I'm not comparing anyone to anyone. I'm saying that if it happened once, it can happen again and it's looking like it's a real possibility. If I hear one more pampered celeb say, "People who enlist have nowhere else to turn" I'm going to scream. That's so dergatory and discriminating a statement that it makes my blood boil. And don't forget, those biker groups (all HAIL ROLLING THUNDER) who are Vietnam Veterans are keeping the morons in check are doing so because most of them know first hand what can happen when you're country associates you with the leaders and their agendas.

What is their "mission"? Do the troops even KNOW what their "mission" is? Obviously the public doesn't know. I don't think Bush knows. I know what mission PNAC planned the war with, but those idiots didn't plan ahead for a sectarian civil war, similar to what happenned in Yugoslavia once the communists pulled out.
It's not important to me at this point the why's of it all. The number of dead and injured American Warriors is the only concern I have. Like I said earlier, we've got plenty of time to deal with the wrong-doers. Let's just find a way to be an asset to our troops and get them home.

The biggest problem with this occupation, aside from the very existence of it, is the fact that they don't seem to HAVE any sort of realistic mission. Or at least not one that they are willing to talk about. [/B]

It's a different battle for sure. And for certain we're not as informed as we want to be but when someone is drowning, you try to save them first and then find out how they got in the water.

Listen, I've got total respect for anyone who is willing to stand up for what they believe in whether I agree with it or not. So understand first and foremost that I am not "battling" you or anyone else for that matter. I just worry so much that between the governent, the media, and the pontiffs we're losing sight of the American Spirit and our sense of community if we allow the public opinion to slip to unnecessary places by holding this war against the soldiers. It's misguided blame and we've already proven that we're capable of it.

frets5150
06-08-2006, 01:34 PM
You dont know what to say to anyone that doesnt agree with you either. Just keep on making fun of me, when you are in your 60s my generation will be running the country.

There's a Wonderful Thought

:rolleyes:

https://secure.military.com/leads/Recruiting/RecruitingLeadForm1.jsp?ESRC=ggl_rec_genrec.kw

BigBadBrian
06-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT

Is it just me or do u just insult everyone that doesnt agree with you?

I have seen the movie, I watched the show, rip on me cause im young but I still actually watch and have my own fucking opinions.

redballmatt19

why bother?

Originally posted by Matt19

Yep...you've pretty much got those two figured out.

:)

LoungeMachine
06-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Yep...you've pretty much got those two figured out.

:)

And if you want an insight into Brie, just check this little menstrual period out:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36711

LMMFAO

:D :D

LoungeMachine
06-08-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by diamondD
Dude, your cool. All they have is insults and no solutions. It's like debating with people half your age most of the time.

LMMFAO

:rolleyes:

Yeah, because the Neo-Con Shitbags in here are the epitome of high debate and intellect :D

What do you Christians say about throwing stones?

LoungeMachine
06-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by diamondD

Solutions?

Do tell.......

What are the Republican solutions offered for the following?

Iraq

Social Security

Border Security

Port Security

Trade deficits

Budget Deficits [why is Iraq "off budget" ???

FEMA

Medicare / Medicaid

Go ahead, guys. Tell us what you've done in the last 6 years to fix any of those problems, how you've NOT made them worse, and how BEING IN THE MAJORITY HAS HAMSTRUNG YOU FROM FIXING THEM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Give me a FUCKING break

jcook11
06-08-2006, 08:25 PM
You can't make a comparison between WWII and this ridiculous invasion & occupation.

WWII was a clear cut case: Hitler wanted to take over the world and the Japanese bombed us. There you go. No mistake about it. You have an enemy. You know where they are. You know what they want. You know where you need to go to stop them.

And WWII was the LAST time such a situation existed. Korea was no threat to the United States. Vietnam was no threat to the United States. and Iraq for damn sure was no threat to the United States.

That's not a reflection of the men who went to those conflicts, whether voluntarily or otherwise, but it IS reality.

I will not support wars that have nothing to do with the United States of America. Doesn't it make more sense to stand up and say that such wars WILL NOT BE TOLERATED??

The United States has the strongest military of any nation that has ever existed on the face of the earth. Nothing wrong with that, in and of itself. But it should be used only to defend the United States of America, unless another verifiable threat the likes of Adolf Hitler should exist again.

And what day was it that Nazi Germany attacked the United States...I don't recall seeing that in my history books.

LoungeMachine
06-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by jcook11
And what day was it that Nazi Germany attacked the United States...I don't recall seeing that in my history books.

I'd like to see proof you've ever read a book , let alone a history book.

What did you read while in jail for beating your wife?

Mein Kampf?

jcook11
06-08-2006, 08:33 PM

Mein Kampf?

No the LOUNGE MACHINE book on dealing with closet homosexuality and How to seduce FORD and other mental patients without feeling guilty.

LoungeMachine
06-08-2006, 08:34 PM
Want me to autograph it for you?

LoungeMachine
06-08-2006, 08:38 PM
Isn't it peculiar how you suddenly went on this homophobic rampage, insisting FORD and I are lovers, RIGHT AFTER YOU POSTED THE TRUTH ABOUT YOUR "BROTHER" BEING GAY????

Perhaps you were just "softening" the ground.

Maybe you don't actually HAVE a gay brother.

Your obsession with the imagery the last 2 days tell me you have some issues you may want to seek help for.

Maybe you beat your wife because she threatened to tell your secret? Or caught you in the act? Or couldn't perform with her?

Most people like you turn out to be gay.

It's not your fault.

Guitar Shark
06-08-2006, 08:56 PM

Mein Kampf?

Swish!

jcook11
06-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Isn't it peculiar how you suddenly went on this homophobic rampage, insisting FORD and I are lovers, RIGHT AFTER YOU POSTED THE TRUTH ABOUT YOUR "BROTHER" BEING GAY????

Perhaps you were just "softening" the ground.

Maybe you don't actually HAVE a gay brother.

Your obsession with the imagery the last 2 days tell me you have some issues you may want to seek help for.

Maybe you beat your wife because she threatened to tell your secret? Or caught you in the act? Or couldn't perform with her?

Most people like you turn out to be gay.

It's not your fault.

When I was banging your mom she did'nt think I was gay. And as far as my brother or any consenting adult goes.Idon't really care what they do. Excepton you and FORD :D

jcook11
06-08-2006, 10:33 PM

I'm sure your'e not gonna like this FO, but I am sure that all those people that were vaporized at Hiroshima and Nagasaki not to mention the thousands that died later did not hate America. Most probably didn't give a shit one way or the other they were just trying eek out a living.ANd as far as our MISSION goes it is to hunt down terrorists where they hide and KILL THEM! Terrorists don't wear uniforms they hide behind innocent women and children and the have only one rule...Kill Americans whether it be women children no matter what it takes!

matt19
06-09-2006, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by jcook11
I'm sure your'e not gonna like this FO, but I am sure that all those people that were vaporized at Hiroshima and Nagasaki not to mention the thousands that died later did not hate America. Most probably didn't give a shit one way or the other they were just trying eek out a living.ANd as far as our MISSION goes it is to hunt down terrorists where they hide and KILL THEM! Terrorists don't wear uniforms they hide behind innocent women and children and the have only one rule...Kill Americans whether it be women children no matter what it takes!

Why bother they are just gonna make some horseshit up.