PDA

View Full Version : Here is an idea for you.

Ellyllions
06-08-2006, 10:09 AM
I don't know who posts on this board but I'm at a point where I'm willing to put this out in the public in hopes that someone takes it and runs with it.

It's high time that we heard from the soldiers and in this day and age of technology there is a way that we can not only hear from them first hand but help them in the long run. Think residiual income for the rest of their lives.

"The Voices of Heros"
Someone with some experience get out there and solicit for a song writing contest. Put no limitations on subject matter, political affiliation, or genre of music. Get the soldiers serving in this War to submitting poems or songs to a central identity. Take those songs to appropriate songwriters associations for judging in structure and producibility (?sp). Get National artists to arrange the songs and record them. Hold a Pay-Per-View concert at one of the bases with these National acts performing the songs. Sell cd's and DVD's of the show. With all song writing royalties going directly to the soldiers who wrote the songs for the rest of their lives.

It would be an innovative way to bring America together away from the mess that is Washington, DC and get messages from the soldiers back home. What better way than music?

I don't have any capital or experience in the music business. I did go see an entertainment attorney in respect to this but she saw dollar signs and suggested that we capitalize on the swarm of reality tv and turn it into American Idol's competition which pissed me off...so here I am giving it away in hopes that someone makes it happen.

I think it would be history in the making and we might just better understand the value of the people risking their lives in this war.

binnie
06-08-2006, 11:01 AM
Sounds like a good idea,

Those sorts of songs usually suck tho'

bueno bob
06-08-2006, 11:04 AM
You'll never get anybody in the industry behind it without turning it into an American Idol profit shtick.

Sad truth, but that's reality.

Nice idea, though.

bueno bob
06-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Oh...just noticed you mentioned the "American Idol" angle...

Ha!

Don't know if I'm smart for calling it in advance...or dumb for having not read all the way through...

:)

binnie
06-08-2006, 11:07 AM
LOL!!!!