PDA

View Full Version : LMFAO!!! Tom Delay Resigns....

Hardrock69
06-08-2006, 10:59 PM
One less worthless Criminal inside the Beltway...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/08/AR2006060801444.html

By Joanne Kenen
Reuters
Thursday, June 8, 2006; 6:56 PM

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Fallen Majority Leader Tom DeLay of Texas left the U.S. House of Representatives he once led on Thursday with a ringing defense of conservatism and his no-holds barred brand of partisanship.

"Partisanship ... properly understood is not a symptom of a democracy's weakness but of its health and strength, especially from the perspective of a political conservative," said the former Republican leader, who has been indicted on campaign finance charges in Texas.

"Conservatives, especially, less enamored of government's lust for growth, must remember that our principles must always drive our agenda, and not the other way around."

DeLay excoriated liberal ideology as always wanting more government, more taxes but also said he recognized that liberals too had a "great tradition in this country" and were motivated by patriotism.

In his farewell to the House, DeLay spent more time talking about Washington's monuments to Abraham Lincoln and Thomas Jefferson than about social issues like abortion or gun control that he has emphasized in his career.

Elected in 1984, DeLay began as a minority backbencher who was conservative even by the House Republican standards of the time. With the party's House takeover in 1994, he became part of the inner circle and rose to Majority Leader.

After his indictment last September, he at first left his leadership post on a temporary basis and later made it permanent. In April he also announced his resignation from Congress, effective Friday, June 9, as more links emerged between his office and disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff. Two former aides have pleaded guilty to corruption charges.

DeLay has not been charged in the still-unfolding Abramoff investigation and he has repeatedly said the Texas indictment is politically motivated. He said he had served "at all times honorably and honestly" and that he was leaving Congress with few regrets and no doubts.

If he had to do it all over again, he said, "I would fight even harder."

'SPEAR-THROWER'

Most House Republicans attended the speech, applauding and giving him several ovations. Several dozen Democrats were present at the start of the speech, but most walked out during his attack on liberal ideology.

Known as the "Hammer" for his hardball tactics in fund-raising and politics, DeLay made no reference to his nickname but instead proudly described himself as a "spear-thrower" who had fought against just about everybody in the chamber at one time or another.

Despite the walkout, some Democrats joined in three ovations for DeLay -- one honoring the Capitol police force. Two officers were killed when a crazed gunman attacked DeLay's office eight years ago, and officers have guarded lawmakers, staff and tourists during the September 11, 2001 attacks and subsequent scares and evacuations.

House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi of California said DeLay's legacy was "a culture of corruption." Asked if he had any parting words for DeLay, the number two Democratic leader Steny Hoyer of Maryland said: "Good-bye."

jcook11
06-08-2006, 11:22 PM
Why don't the guilty Democrats have the same sense of duty and resign ...No they will revert to lying namecalling and have to be dragged kicking and screaming out of D.C.

FORD
06-08-2006, 11:33 PM
You think Bugboy was pissed at Chimpy for stealing his "moment" with the whole Hopalong Zarqawi circus?

jcook11
06-09-2006, 12:05 AM
Nope

Redballjets88
06-09-2006, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by jcook11
Why don't the guilty Democrats have the same sense of duty and resign ...No they will revert to lying namecalling and have to be dragged kicking and screaming out of D.C.

seriously...ted kennedy should have quit after he let that chick die....fucking alcoholic waste of space

FORD
06-09-2006, 12:55 AM
Why don't you guys stick to things that happenned in your own lifetime, and stop repeating "history" that you learned from lying hate radio bastards.

sadaist
06-09-2006, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Why don't you guys stick to things that happenned in your own lifetime, and stop repeating "history" that you learned from lying hate radio bastards.

OK, you first. Just earlier you were using Hitler and WWII to make your point. Once again contradicting yourself.

sadaist
06-09-2006, 04:07 AM

Happened only has 1 n. Typo's are fine, but yesterday you called someone an idiot and said they shouldn't even post at this site if they couldn't spell. Man, your shit really doesn't smell like roses now does it?

FORD
06-09-2006, 04:13 AM
When is your menstrual cycle over, because you have been a little bitch the last two or three days.

sadaist
06-09-2006, 06:51 AM
When is your menstrual cycle over, because you have been a little bitch the last two or three days.

I'm a bitch for pointing out all of your inconsistencies with what you say? Well, I suppose name calling is just as good as you addressing them.

In all honesty, I just finally got tired of seeing your same bullshit over and over and no one really pointing it out. They'll argue politics & music with you, but miss the obvious hypocrisies and contradictions in just about everything you say. You're brilliant in your own mind but in reality you're just a putz.

Steve Savicki
06-09-2006, 07:35 AM
A desparate man does a desparate action.

That was a laugh, HR. Thanks for sharing. :D

Dr. Love
06-09-2006, 08:48 AM

:eek:

PLAIGARIST!!!

:D

FORD
06-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Was that your line, Doc?

Hell, it's a damn good one either way.

People use my material all the time. I take it as a compliment

jcook11
06-09-2006, 07:58 PM

You cant' convince an idiot they are wrong .No matter what the facts they pull some dribble double standard out of their as fact and GOD forbid you call them on it thenthey result to insults and namecalling

jcook11
06-09-2006, 08:35 PM
Was that your line, Doc?

What a pathetic ass kisser did his cock taste good too looooossssseeeeerrrr!

Dr. Love
06-09-2006, 11:14 PM
JCOOK, you act like you didn't get to smoke enough cock while you were in jail.

When it comes to FORD, you make Jesterstar look like he has the munchies.

Dr. Love
06-09-2006, 11:15 PM
Was that your line, Doc?

LOL, I dropped that one on Cathedral a while back. I was just surprised to see someone thought it worthy of a repeat. :D

jcook11
06-10-2006, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
JCOOK, you act like you didn't get to smoke enough cock while you were in jail.

When it comes to FORD, you make Jesterstar look like he has the munchies.

That gay shit doesn't fly in county jail, I'm a pretty big guy 6'2" and weigh about 225lbs. I did 47 days in a minimun security dorm room with about fifty other inmates and the only thing I smoked were cigarettes that cost five pieces of commisary.As far as FORD goes I like the little mental patient I just like to call him on his wacked out conspiracy theories..nothing personal. :D