PDA

View Full Version : Have you been to a Mall lately?

rustoffa
06-10-2006, 01:46 AM
No lie.

I went to a Mall today for the first time in probably 10 years. The first thing I noticed was everyone...literally EVERYONE yapping on cell phones. The fucking EMO kids were everywhere....alot of them were cell-phoning it up as well.

My niece dragged me into the Abercrombie store....I had heard about all the lewd advertising they were responsible for...I dunno what happened to that, as all I noticed was like a 50 foot wall with flip-flops on it. This teenage girl that worked there came over to akks me if I needed any help....I really don't know what the fuck she was.

Her fucking hair looked like asphalt with white stripes on it...alot of 'em. So, I akks'd her if she liked THE WHITE STRIPES. I wasn't really trying to be a smartass...just trying to figure out what niche she belonged to. I took alot of heat from my niece for that move. The next stop was HOLLISTER. There were alot of shitty T-shirts in that place...pretty expensive CRAP.

Moving on from the merch...you could tell alot of the folks there were into this shit BIG TIME. Like roaming the mall aimlessly...I'm serious...just fucking WEIRD. Rednecks, Brothas, White trash, Rich Trash, Hippies....you name it.

I don't mean to come off like a synical moron.....well, I'm sure that's the case most of the time, but not right here, right now.

Malls' are fucked up....I'm gonna sue somebody.
:mad:

jcook11
06-10-2006, 01:53 AM
My wife dragged me kicking and scraming to maLL about a month ago and like you I hadn't been in about ten years, only good NNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEE EEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Unchainme
06-10-2006, 02:33 AM
culture is fucked up right now. Generation Y (which I am reluctantly apart of.) Is the most shallow and self centered I have ever seen. Fucking ridiculous and sad as fucking hell. Girls are all fucking sluts now, But not for a guy like me, But for a guy who thinks he is black but has a two inch cock or dresses like a fucking faggot.

i'm just holding out for a Van Halen, Guns N' Roses or a Nirvana to come in and wipe this shit clean and get people back to their senses, But unfortunatly its really looking like that isn't going to happen.

binnie
06-10-2006, 02:38 AM
Amen to that!

Hit the nail unchainme

It's a pitiful state of affairs!

Matt White
06-10-2006, 09:28 AM
HA!!!

HOT TOPICS....The MERRY-GO-ROUND for the 21st century:D

thome
06-10-2006, 09:39 AM
I never was much for hanging inside, our crew used to cop some smoke
and park the rides in a row crank the tunes and get to partying.

The Mall..? i wouldn't even go there if i needed something..?

binnie
06-10-2006, 11:23 AM
shopping generally isn't much fun....

binnie
06-10-2006, 11:24 AM
"I think we're alone now, there doesn't seem to be any one around..."

Nuff said...

Douglas T.
06-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by thome
I never was much for hanging inside, our crew used to cop some smoke
and park the rides in a row crank the tunes and get to partying.

The Mall..? i wouldn't even go there if i needed something..?

First time smokin' weed we started in the Sears parking lot! Then while smoking ... we moved to the other side of the mall! After the smoking was over we all freaked out because the car had ended up "mysteriously" in a different parking lot than sears!

diamondsgirl
06-10-2006, 04:13 PM
When I was a teen we used to get fucked up at the mall. We'd buy a large coke from some fast food place at the "food court" and then go in the barthroom and toss some rum in there and then walk around for hours sipping our cocktails like we owned the place. LOL.

We used to play weird-ass games when we were fucked up and then we were usually asked to leave.

diamondsgirl
06-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Douglas T.
First time smokin' weed we started in the Sears parking lot! Then while smoking ... we moved to the other side of the mall! After the smoking was over we all freaked out because the car had ended up "mysteriously" in a different parking lot than sears!

there was a path between the mall and the movie theater and thats where we'd go to toke. After we got the boot from Mall Security, we'd go get high and catch a flick.

Mr. Vengeance
06-10-2006, 05:28 PM
The mall is a joke now. The stores are all geared to the whore chicks who run around with daddy's credit card. Yeah, they have nice ass at the mall, but I can't get a fucking CD! Whatever happened to the record store? Now it's all these FYE's and shit....They have a small section for cds and then the rest of the store is DVDs and electronics.

And yeah- the cellphones.....Call me an old fuck, but when in the hell did everyone get such important lives that they need to have a phone jammed to their ear every goddamn second of the day?

Then there are the wiggers.....Those twits and their gangsta gear on, "Yo yo yo-ing" their way around the mall. Too bad they all live in a nice suburban home where mommy and daddy pay for their latest idiotic gear.

Fucking malls.....

Ally_Kat
06-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
culture is fucked up right now. Generation Y (which I am reluctantly apart of.) Is the most shallow and self centered I have ever seen. Fucking ridiculous and sad as fucking hell. Girls are all fucking sluts now, But not for a guy like me, But for a guy who thinks he is black but has a two inch cock or dresses like a fucking faggot.

The Millennials are just another round of the Baby Boomers and companies, headed by Boomers and Xers, are treating and influencing the generation as such. Pop Culture is defined not only by the current generation but by the two prior generations that control the pop culture world the newest generation is starting to explore.

Plus I think you are over-generalizing or just focusing on one label you disapprove of. I mean, hell, to throwback to the mini EMO music revolution that was mentioned before, most of the younger Millennials are revolting against what these Boomers and Xers that control industries are doing and turning more to indy music and these no-name bands or bands from across the pond that no one has ever heard about over here. Doesn't appear too shallow to me.

Unchainme
06-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
The mall is a joke now. The stores are all geared to the whore chicks who run around with daddy's credit card. Yeah, they have nice ass at the mall, but I can't get a fucking CD! Whatever happened to the record store? Now it's all these FYE's and shit....They have a small section for cds and then the rest of the store is DVDs and electronics.

And yeah- the cellphones.....Call me an old fuck, but when in the hell did everyone get such important lives that they need to have a phone jammed to their ear every goddamn second of the day?

Then there are the wiggers.....Those twits and their gangsta gear on, "Yo yo yo-ing" their way around the mall. Too bad they all live in a nice suburban home where mommy and daddy pay for their latest idiotic gear.

Fucking malls.....

I know man, last time I went to an FYE I looked for Van Halen they only had 4 of the 6 pack (VH2 and Diver Down wern't there.) and they HAD NO DLR SOLO CD'S! It's pathetic, blah can't believe it.

Ally_Kat
06-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Guys, Record/CD stores will be a thing of the past because MP3 players and places like Wal-Mart, BJs, and COSTCO.

Unchainme
06-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Guys, Record/CD stores will be a thing of the past because MP3 players and places like Wal-Mart, BJs, and COSTCO.

I know, but it is not the same, I do enjoy having the goddamn IPod for some reason, but I like the packaging the CD's come in.

Ally_Kat
06-10-2006, 10:09 PM
I know. I don't think CDs will go completly away for the same reason records haven't -- DJs. Could a DJ use an ipod? Sure and some do, but not for everything. You can't put their entire music collection onto a single ipod and i can't see companies working multiple ipods for the multiple DJs that work for them.

rustoffa
06-10-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
The Millennials are just another round of the Baby Boomers and companies, headed by Boomers and Xers, are treating and influencing the generation as such. Pop Culture is defined not only by the current generation but by the two prior generations that control the pop culture world the newest generation is starting to explore.

Plus I think you are over-generalizing or just focusing on one label you disapprove of. I mean, hell, to throwback to the mini EMO music revolution that was mentioned before, most of the younger Millennials are revolting against what these Boomers and Xers that control industries are doing and turning more to indy music and these no-name bands or bands from across the pond that no one has ever heard about over here. Doesn't appear too shallow to me.

Well put.

I don't have a problem with generational rebellion. After going to the mall yesterday, I actually respect the fuckers' with supercharged civics'. I respect them on the basis of not entrenching themselves' in a mall. As a matter of fact, I think it would be killer to watch them drift up the escalators' with the loud fart pipes blaring. They could do it when the mall was closed, so noone would get hurt. It'd be the dawn of another rebellion!

Same thing goes for the SUPER WAL-MART strip malls....wake everybody up and save popular culture from whatever's popular.

Don't forget kids.....

It's all subjective.
:cool:

thome
06-11-2006, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by thome

The Mall..? i wouldn't even go there if i needed something..? [/B]

So after i finished this post i headed to you guessed it, the Mall.

It was Strip "Mallish" not quite a "Mall" well it was a Mall but not a very
good or big one so "Being" that it wasn't a "MALL Gargando Hugosity"

I still feel that i (never had sexual relation with that woman) wasn't
lieing to everyone and I, also was in "Target "well it was a "Target"
but it was just kinda a "Mallish Target "so i still feel like i have some character left.

Anyway i bought this super rockingo 60 Qt. cooler with wheels and a tray that slides back and forth as to open new areas to stash ma beers.

thome
06-11-2006, 12:05 AM
DamnThe Hugosity! forgot to shrink!!! AAAAAAAAAA!

Unchainme
06-11-2006, 12:08 AM
EDIT THAT PIC BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING ANNOYING AS HELL the way the screens set up right now.

Terry
06-11-2006, 12:09 AM
There's so little in these places that anyone actually NEEDS...

Other thing I've noticed is that the flow of people traffic used to correspond to the stores being on your right; people all walked more or less down one side of the mall with the stores on their right, and if they had to stop, the pulled out of the walkway and stopped alongside a store.

Now people walk both ways on each side of the mall, and people stop right in the middle of the walking lanes. I aliken this to suddenly stopping in the middle of the road. Nowadays I have no problem rudely bumping into some jackass who decides to suddenly stop in front of me. I don't turn around and apologize, either. Fuck 'em. Especially if it's some 18 year old wigger who thinks he's a badass.

Cell phone use in general is just obnoxious. For 99% of the conversations I 'overhear', and by that I mean hear plain as day regardless of if I want to or not because cell phone users seem to feel the need to broadcast their end of the conversation in a REALLY LOUD VOICE, well, it's just a waste of money and technology. I put it down to people just being uncomfortable with what's going on in their own heads coupled with a belief that someone else actually gives a shit and needs a minute-by-minute update of what's going on in their lives.

The newer cell phones that attach to the ear, well, that shit just creeps me out. For several weeks I thought the looney bins had started releasing people out and kicking them off their meds because it looked like everyone was talking to themselves.

Plus, I find the girls I'm ogling are getting younger and younger, which only makes me feel older and more perverted - which I'm fine with, but I'm also seeing a lot of fat people stuffing themselves into these clothes designed for Britney Spears when she was thin, and these cows clearly can't pull it off - seeing some chicks stretch-marked bubble cunt or love handles spilling over tight jeans is about as attractive for men as I'd imagine it would be for a woman to be looking at some poor schlubs beer gut (I'm gonna start those ab crunches soon ladies, I promise).

But sometimes I have to go to the mall, because WalMart smells funky (but I do love the $5 discount DVD bins - all the shitty 70's and 80's flicks I loved I can now scoop up for dirt cheap - I even love the fact that they're all thrown into these massive bins and you have to dig through them like some half-assed Indiana Jones - makes the find all the more worthwhile).

I prefer oversized Flea Markets to Malls. Far as people watching goes, there's not much variety; women over 40 trying to look 20, girls under 15 dressing like they're 40 (year old hookers), suburban Eminem wannabe wiggers and yuppies galore. Flea markets have more of the shit I like and a more interesting breed of people - plus all the deep fried Snickers bars you can eat!! And you can HAGGLE at a flea market!! And get cool Ninja weapons, great used old books, Swedish Erotica on VHS for a buck a pop, any kind of meat you want on a stick - for $30 I can walk out of a flea market with 5 books, a couple of dvds, some chinese throwing stars and a belly full of corn dogs. Beat that, Banana Republic!

God bless America.

Dan
06-11-2006, 12:17 AM
We really don't have SuperMalls like you guys have,20 shops is called a Mall for us.:)

My Local Mall is like 5 minutes away,still has great Music shop and foodcourt which is handy cos I'm to lazy to cook.

thome
06-11-2006, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Unchainme
EDIT THAT PIC BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING ANNOYING AS HELL the way the screens set up right now.

Done.

thome
06-11-2006, 12:29 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Terry
[B]There's so little in these places that anyone actually NEEDS...

Now people walk both ways on each side of the mall, and people stop right in the middle of the walking lanes. I aliken this to suddenly stopping in the middle of the road. Nowadays I have no problem rudely bumping into some jackass who decides to suddenly stop in front of me. I don't turn around and apologize, either. Fuck 'em. Especially if it's some 18 year old wigger who thinks he's a badass.

Superb Post this Qoute and what it is all about, is why I won't go see
a movie at a mall.

rustoffa
06-11-2006, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Terry
There's so little in these places that anyone actually NEEDS...

Other thing I've noticed is that the flow of people traffic used to correspond to the stores being on your right; people all walked more or less down one side of the mall with the stores on their right, and if they had to stop, the pulled out of the walkway and stopped alongside a store.

Cell phone use in general is just obnoxious. For 99% of the conversations I 'overhear', and by that I mean hear plain as day regardless of if I want to or not because cell phone users seem to feel the need to broadcast their end of the conversation in a REALLY LOUD VOICE, well, it's just a waste of money and technology. I put it down to people just being uncomfortable with what's going on in their own heads coupled with a belief that someone else actually gives a shit and needs a minute-by-minute update of what's going on in their lives.

The newer cell phones that attach to the ear, well, that shit just creeps me out. For several weeks I thought the looney bins had started releasing people out and kicking them off their meds because it looked like everyone was talking to themselves.

Plus, I find the girls I'm ogling are getting younger and younger, which only makes me feel older and more perverted - which I'm fine with, but I'm also seeing a lot of fat people stuffing themselves into these clothes designed for Britney Spears when she was thin, and these cows clearly can't pull it off - seeing some chicks stretch-marked bubble cunt or love handles spilling over tight jeans is about as attractive for men as I'd imagine it would be for a woman to be looking at some poor schlubs beer gut (I'm gonna start those ab crunches soon ladies, I promise).

But sometimes I have to go to the mall, because WalMart smells funky (but I do love the $5 discount DVD bins - all the shitty 70's and 80's flicks I loved I can now scoop up for dirt cheap - I even love the fact that they're all thrown into these massive bins and you have to dig through them like some half-assed Indiana Jones - makes the find all the more worthwhile).

I prefer oversized Flea Markets to Malls. Far as people watching goes, there's not much variety; women over 40 trying to look 20, girls under 15 dressing like they're 40 (year old hookers), suburban Eminem wannabe wiggers and yuppies galore. Flea markets have more of the shit I like and a more interesting breed of people - plus all the deep fried Snickers bars you can eat!! And you can HAGGLE at a flea market!! And get cool Ninja weapons, great used old books, Swedish Erotica on VHS for a buck a pop, any kind of meat you want on a stick - for $30 I can walk out of a flea market with 5 books, a couple of dvds, some chinese throwing stars and a belly full of corn dogs. Beat that, Banana Republic!

God bless America.

That's better than pretty fucking good. One more thread that Terry has completeley OWNED.

bueno bob
06-11-2006, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
you could tell alot of the folks there were into this shit BIG TIME. Like roaming the mall aimlessly...I'm serious...just fucking WEIRD. Rednecks, Brothas, White trash, Rich Trash, Hippies....you name it.

http://www.itsonlyamovie.co.uk/screen%20shots%20and%20titles/dawn%20of%20the%20dead%20ss%20shoppers.jpg

Dawn of the Dead, anyone?

The more things change... ;)

DeadOrAlive
06-11-2006, 03:18 AM
Malls suck... especially if you're in my generation. I grew up with these bands who made "music." Modern day music sucks, all the good guys are dead (or fucked up.) Fitting in with most people ain't that easy either. Now if I was born 30 years ago, then I'd have something going.

Mr. Vengeance
06-11-2006, 10:27 AM
I used to love going to the record stores- here in Canada we had several chains- Sam the Record Man, Discus, A&A Records, Sunrise Records, Cheapies, along with countless privately owned stores. Now about the only ones left are Sams, and Sunrise. HMV has also shown up in malls.

I'd go and sift through the vinyl for hours. And there were maybe three sections- Rock, Country and Easy Listening. Maybe a small section for comedy and misc. Now you're lucky if you can find the damn cd section in these stores. They care more about pushing DVD packages of every tv show ever made. And once you find the cds, the selection stinks. Forget about most back catalogues, other than greatest hits albums. Forget about bands that aren't topping the charts. Forget about any bands that actually play good tunes instead of this hip-hop bullshit that is all over.

Frankly, I do all my music shopping in used record stores to find classic old albums, and in the few small independent record stores you find in the downtown of your average city. You pay more for the music but at least you find what you want. I also do some shopping at Amazon.com, who have a pretty damn good selection of music.

binnie
06-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Independent record stores are on the decline here, which is a fuckin' shame.

Coyote
06-11-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by DeadOrAlive
Malls suck... especially if you're in my generation. I grew up with these bands who made "music." Modern day music sucks, all the good guys are dead (or fucked up.) Fitting in with most people ain't that easy either. Now if I was born 30 years ago, then I'd have something going.

What he said...

Albeit I can't comment on the mall thing, due to subtle cultural differences. (We have malls too, but I don't frequent there. Gives me a fuckin' migraine every time...)

The_KiD
06-11-2006, 04:38 PM
Malls are strange these days.. The whole Cell Phone thing is crazy.. I hate it when people are on their phone in a public place ordering food and making the people at the register wait for them to finish their conversation.. Definitely... Rude.. Not to mention, every asshole teenager has one these days... Ugggggg

KiD