PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see the movie Cars?

sadaist
06-12-2006, 12:58 PM
I like how the animated movies now include a lot of adult humor to keep the parent entertained when they take the kiddies. Shrek was enjoyable. But they seem to be churning these things out so fucking fast now. Anyone see this movie? Just wondering before I kick down some cash to take the family.

Douglas T.
06-12-2006, 01:36 PM
GO RUN LOL !! My props! Larry the Cable Guy/ Tow truck is a riot! Chong is a hippy van selling exotic fuel! Nascar scenes rule! Your at the races from the git go! Or is that Git 'er Done go! I give it 4 out of 5 stars due to the no VH references in this one! Jimi hendrix yes! Oh wait ... it was chuck full of BLUEGRASS type music that was awesome!

Ally_Kat
06-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Oh man, I want to see this in the worst of way, but I'm an animated movie freak.

Douglas T.
06-12-2006, 01:41 PM
SoundTRACK songs in the background ... cool!
:drive:
http://adisney.go.com/disneypictures/cars/main.html?sec=1&car=8

The_KiD
06-12-2006, 01:43 PM
I took my daughter to see this yesterday.. It is an excellent film.. Well worth your $8.00...

KiD

Douglas T.
06-12-2006, 01:45 PM
The NEON STREET RACERS wuz a fun suprise ... not much of them got out on trailers! Or the showroom so it appears!
And the TRACTOR TIPPING .... everyone was rollin' in the isles!

Vinnie Velvet
06-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by The_KiD
I took my daughter to see this yesterday.. It is an excellent film.. Well worth your $8.00...

KiD

Me too.

Saw it yesterday with my daughter.

Great film, lots of fun.

Vinnie Velvet
06-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Douglas T.
The NEON STREET RACERS wuz a fun suprise ... not much of them got out on trailers! Or the showroom so it appears!
And the TRACTOR TIPPING .... everyone was rollin' in the isles!

The tractor tipping thing was hilarious.

Cathedral
06-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Douglas T.
GO RUN LOL !! My props! Larry the Cable Guy/ Tow truck is a riot! Chong is a hippy van selling exotic fuel! Nascar scenes rule! Your at the races from the git go! Or is that Git 'er Done go! I give it 4 out of 5 stars due to the no VH references in this one! Jimi hendrix yes! Oh wait ... it was chuck full of BLUEGRASS type music that was awesome!

Chong wasn't a voice in the film, Cheech was though.
The VW Bus (Filmore) was voiced by George Carlin.

I also give it 4 stars, but only because there is no such thing as a 5 star film anymore.

It was worth the price of admission, as long as you do the matinee.

POJO_Risin
06-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Yeah...CHONG was supposed to do it with Cheech...but backed out because the two hate the shit out of each other...

It was good...

but long...2 hours...so if you have little ones...think about that...

There's a short that Pixar did...One Man Band...that's pretty fucking good at the start...

Don't get Bonnie Hunt as the lead chick...

Michael Keaton is good as Chick Hicks...

and fucking Larry the Cable Guy steals the fucking movie...

as Mater...you know..."Tow" Mater...

lmfao...

Pixar truly is amazing...

Ratatouisville is next year...and Toy Story 3 the following year...

and I think they are going to start working on 2 separate films a year at that point...now that they are a major part of Disney...

Douglas T.
06-12-2006, 08:35 PM
I was thinkin' it didn't sound like Cheech some of the times! I like the parodies they did of the other movies: Monsters Inc., Toy Story, etc. ... at the end!

Douglas T.
06-12-2006, 09:03 PM
CHONG I mean CHONG! Cheech's the low rider that keeps getting a new look!