PDA

View Full Version : Drop Dead Legs

Necromancing
06-13-2006, 01:49 AM
Greetings,

First post, long time DLR/VH fan. My favorite song off of 1984 has always been Drop Dead Legs. I think it's got a killer groove and love the "vampire" "betty boop" lyrics from Dave. However, as far as I know, this song was never played live by VH or DLR.

My all time best experience with this tune was at a strip club is So Cal. I always thought it would be the ultimate stripper song. I couldn't believe my ears when this tune come on...and out comes this petite little lady with perky little breasts and just dances her heart out, best performance at a strip club I ever saw. Damn near had a heart attack, but it was lunch hour and I had to get back to work!

POJO_Risin
06-13-2006, 02:07 AM
Great story...and welcome to the Army...

have always liked this tune...lyrically...

and Ed's solo fucking rips...one of my favorite in-song solos...

no doubt about it...a stripper song delux...

Keep posting bro...good to have new fans to the site...

binnie
06-13-2006, 03:32 AM
Good to have ya!

Love that song, and love that story!

Mr. Vengeance
06-17-2006, 02:05 PM
I like the song. Don't love it. My best friend loved it and had to crank it up everytime it played.

It was one of the few tunes off 1984 that they didn't play in Montreal in 1984 when I saw them.

binnie
06-17-2006, 02:08 PM
I used to play that song every time a girl with hot legs came into the record store I used to work at....

Got me a few numbers actually......

Last_Child
06-17-2006, 05:51 PM
If you don't like this song you're highly retarded.

Jérôme Frenchise
06-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Necromancing
I think it's got a killer groove and love the "vampire" "betty boop" lyrics from Dave.

This is a 5-star post. Welcome! :cool:

I've just checked the lyrics... I thought that, at the beginning of the second verse, Dave sang "Dig those boobs..."

I was so sure he did that I had never checked about it.

Anyway, "Drop Dead Legs" is a huge tune, maybe the greatest "groove" (as you said) in all 6 CVH albums.
Since 1984, though, I've always regretted that it was shunted in the end - who would have minded another verse by Dave and one or two more minutes of Ed's magic?

The_KiD
06-18-2006, 10:19 AM
Great song, Great post, Welcome...

KiD

Loons The Great
06-21-2006, 04:57 PM
THIS SONG IS ONE BAD MAMMA JAMMA PHI SLAMMA JAMMA COMIN FROM INDIANA WIT A BANJO ON YO KNEE ALABAMA SONG SAMMIE FROM ALABAMMY COULDN'T WRITE SUCH A KICKASS TOON MY NAME IS LOONS AND IZE LIKE A MONSOON IN YO GAMEROOM I BELIEVE I'LL DUST MY BROOM ALL I WANNA DO IZ A ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM SHAKE IT DON'T BREAK IT MAMA!!!!!!

MAPRamone
06-24-2006, 06:09 AM
Who DOESN'T like the song? What retards have you been talking to? Now I'll Wait however...

1984dlrvh12
06-25-2006, 02:53 AM
i think its a great song. great tune to.

audiospectrum
07-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Awesome story, Jess never did give me a strip tease to that song. What a shame, she coulda really smoked it up! Where's Doctor Roth, he humps that fucking song!