PDA

View Full Version : Talk About A Fucked Up Weekend Try This One On For Size!

jcook11
06-13-2006, 02:35 AM
As many of you know my wife and I have a pretty tough year and and a half. We decicded to not spend so much time together until our new apartment is ready on the 15th of this month .she is staying with her sister in Anaheim and I'm staying with my brother in Riverside and we see each other on the weekends.Any way this past Sat. I went to pickher up to take her to a baby shower,on my way there I decided to get a haircut. I go to her sisters condo to pick her up There are about twenty stairs leading up to here sisters' place. I'm climbing the stairs(Stone cold sober mind you) When I get three stairs from the top there was some sand or gravel or some shit on the stair. Needless to say when I put my shoe on that stair I slipped and fell seveteen stairs to the bottom. I go to th emergency room cause I'm all fucked up and bloody...Turns out I got a concussion Broke my right wrist,sprained my left wrist. my face looks like I have been beaten by a half dozen gang members with baseball bats And fucked my back up so bad that I can barely move. The doctors said I should be able to walk fine in about eight weeks.If that weren't enough one of the "good samaratains" That came to make sure I was O.K. stole my cell phone and eighteen bucks that fell out of my pocket. Don't you just love your fellow man!

Dan
06-13-2006, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by jcook11
As many of you know my wife and I have a pretty tough year and and a half. We decicded to not spend so much time together until our new apartment is ready on the 15th of this month .she is staying with her sister in Anaheim and I'm staying with my brother in Riverside and we see each other on the weekends.Any way this past Sat. I went to pickher up to take her to a baby shower,on my way there I decided to get a haircut. I go to her sisters condo to pick her up There are about twenty stairs leading up to here sisters' place. I'm climbing the stairs(Stone cold sober mind you) When I get three stairs from the top there was some sand or gravel or some shit on the stair. Needless to say when I put my shoe on that stair I slipped and fell seveteen stairs to the bottom. I go to th emergency room cause I'm all fucked up and bloody...Turns out I got a concussion Broke my right wrist,sprained my left wrist. my face looks like I have been beaten by a half dozen gang members with baseball bats And fucked my back up so bad that I can barely move. The doctors said I should be able to walk fine in about eight weeks.If that weren't enough one of the "good samaratains" That came to make sure I was O.K. stole my cell phone and eighteen bucks that fell out of my pocket. Don't you just love your fellow man!

The main thing is you are still alive.

Go out a buy a lotto ticket.

binnie
06-13-2006, 03:22 AM
Hope you get well soon dude, sorry to hear about that...

jcook11
06-13-2006, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by binnie
Hope you get well soon dude, sorry to hear about that...

Being that I dont' have health insurance I'm wondering if I'm being a prick for trying to get the owner of the condo to pay for my medical bills and no I'm not looking for the gravy train by tring to sue for pain and suffering and all that other bulshit.

RuzDNailz
06-13-2006, 03:56 AM
Truth is, you may be entitled to some compensation. Stairs are a bitch, but it's up to the superintendant to keep them clean and safe.
Sorry to hear about your misfortunate weekend, though.

FORD
06-13-2006, 04:01 AM
You broke your right wrist and sprained your left...........

What the fuck are you typing with?

Seriously though, you definitely should be able to sue the landlord for the hazardous condition on the stairs, but you would probably need witnesses who could testify to that fact that they were in such a condition, as I'm sure the landlord cleaned it up right after you fell in order to cover his ass.

He's definitely liable for the condition of the stairs.

jcook11
06-13-2006, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by FORD
You broke your right wrist and sprained your left...........

What the fuck are you typing with?

Seriously though, you definitely should be able to sue the landlord for the hazardous condition on the stairs, but you would probably need witnesses who could testify to that fact that they were in such a condition, as I'm sure the landlord cleaned it up right after you fell in order to cover his ass.

He's definitely liable for the condition of the stairs.

I'm typing with vicoden :D

ashstralia
06-13-2006, 06:55 AM
look after yourself mate.

lotsa water, veggies, and protein.

and flick the hillbilly H.

Dr. Love
06-13-2006, 09:05 AM

Be honest, you can tell us. Your wife beat you, didn't she?

LoungeMachine
06-13-2006, 09:33 AM
Damn, Love beat me to it, so to speak....

18 bucks and no health insurance?

You must be the only poor Republican in OOrange County.

This sounds awfully like your typical JizzySTOOL story........

Remember the "I got beat up by 5 guys in the stire after buying a $20,000.00 scratch lottery ticket"??

Or Katydid's "I slipped in KFC and went to the emergency room, and while on the stretcher, I gave my password to a friend who is now posting for me, this isnt really me"

I aint buying this at all...

The_KiD
06-13-2006, 10:38 AM
Sucks man.. Keep your head up..

KiD

binnie
06-13-2006, 12:06 PM
I'm typing with vicoden :D

LOL!

Still got your sense of humour tho'

jcook11
06-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
Be honest, you can tell us. Your wife beat you, didn't she?

Nah, that would have been more fun!

jcook11
06-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Damn, Love beat me to it, so to speak....

18 bucks and no health insurance?

You must be the only poor Republican in OOrange County.

This sounds awfully like your typical JizzySTOOL story........

Remember the "I got beat up by 5 guys in the stire after buying a $20,000.00 scratch lottery ticket"??

Or Katydid's "I slipped in KFC and went to the emergency room, and while on the stretcher, I gave my password to a friend who is now posting for me, this isnt really me"

I aint buying this at all...

LOUNGE: Aren't you the one always spouting how it's BUSHS' fault because millons don't have health insurance?
Frankly I don't give a rats' ass whether you believe it or not,But I will tell you this much Iwas so fucked up that there were about twenty or so people in the emergency room they took me in right away.Unlike you I don't make shit up, accidents happen all the time. Hopefully not to you or yours. I,m just thankful I didnt ,break my neck or worse! :asshole:

binnie
06-13-2006, 02:34 PM
It took 13 posts, but it's turned into a democrat - republicans war!

Hats off to JC, he's got one busted wrist, one sprained wrist

And he's still throwing punches!

I'll never agree with you politically

But you are one dedicated Rotharmy motherfucker!

jcook11
06-13-2006, 02:55 PM
In the immortal words of Matt WHITE:"DAVE OR THE GRAVEMOTHERFUCKERS!

By the way I didn't wanit this thread to be republican or democrat,I was just tossing out the point that you can be minding your own bizzness and the next thing you know something jumps up and bites you right on the ass.

Diamondjimi
06-14-2006, 07:49 PM

Damn ,that sucks dude!
Hope you have a speedy recovery. Sue the goddamn building owner .
I would !

rustoffa
06-14-2006, 09:30 PM
It's not too late to blame someone else, and get paid.

Pay off, or use someone you trust as a witness to back up a story about the local mall escalator.

If there's a Starbucks @ your local mall, go after that joint. Make up some shit about the froth burning you right as you stepped on the escalator. I know what you're thinking...simply say that it was closing time, and the only folks on the escalator were you and the aforementioned witness.

Make up some shit about security guards accusing you of being fucked up in front of straggling preps near the parking lot.

Emotional distress right there.

On a sidenote?

I can cuntpletely identify with your folly.....chin-up bro!