PDA

View Full Version : Rams To Release Warner After June 1

ALinChainz
04-20-2004, 01:18 PM
ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the St. Louis Rams will release QB Kurt Warner after June 1 according to league and team sources. The team apprised Warner of the situation Monday, April 19. The Rams also gave him permission to begin talks with other teams, although he technically won't be a free agent for at least six more weeks. Warner's release will free up about $4.85 million from the team's salary cap in 2004, but the team will have to carry $4.61 million in "dead money" this year and take a $6.723 million hit against their 2005 salary cap.

Lou
04-20-2004, 03:29 PM
Well that's where God's leading him in life, you know?

Being a Catholic I'm a firm believer in God but I also believe that God does not care about football.

Troy
04-20-2004, 10:03 PM
I think I'm the only person who thinks this guy has something left.

Mama's Fool
04-21-2004, 03:38 PM
Where is he gonna end up where he might actually work into a starter's position? There is really no where for him to go right now.

ALinChainz
04-21-2004, 04:04 PM
Just read today where the Bears might be interested, maybe San Diego, but former coach Dick Vermeil says the Chiefs won't be in the market for him. Arizona I heard also.

redblkwht
04-21-2004, 06:23 PM
I think he has a hand problem, couldnt grip the football
right for 2yrs? something has to be wrong for sure if
St louis is letting him go, bulger isnt the answer..
that team IS done you saw it last yr.
I hear the Tuna is looking into him for Dallas, espn in
Chi town is talking about it on the radio.

POJO_Risin
04-21-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Troy
I think I'm the only person who thinks this guy has something left.

You truly may be the only one...

I think if he gets in the right situation...he could still have something left in the tank...

he'll have to dump Susan Powder first...

POJO_Risin
04-21-2004, 08:49 PM
Arizona would be an interesting matchup...with Boldin and Green there...

POJO_Risin
04-21-2004, 09:01 PM
I hear two other rumors...

1. He may stay...

2. Raiders...

we'll see...

High Life Man
04-22-2004, 12:15 AM
Chicago for sure. I was thinking that before I read through all of these posts.

Dave's PA Rental
04-23-2004, 03:55 AM
"he'll have to dump Susan Powder first..."

am I the only one who gets that? Funny shit.

Kurt Warner was the most overated quarterback in the history of the NFL. He had amazing receivers, a power runningback who could catch the ball too, and a good O-line. Mark McGwire's little brother (what the hell was his first name) would have been league MVP if he was QB on that team.

His true colors came out after the Pats put a SHELACKING on him and his prissy receivers in SB 36. Never recovered from that loss.

I guess Jesus doesnt love him anymore.

Bill Lumbergh
04-23-2004, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Daves PA rental
"he'll have to dump Susan Powder first..."

am I the only one who gets that? Funny shit.

Kurt Warner was the most overated quarterback in the history of the NFL. He had amazing receivers, a power runningback who could catch the ball too, and a good O-line. Mark McGwire's little brother (what the hell was his first name) would have been league MVP if he was QB on that team.

His true colors came out after the Pats put a SHELACKING on him and his prissy receivers in SB 36. Never recovered from that loss.

I guess Jesus doesnt love him anymore.

Prissy receivers? The Pats have cheated their way to 2 super Bowl victories........Their DB's have gotten away with absolutely mugging receivers. In fact there are some rules changes coming this year to prevent that shit. And by the way Kurt may have lost it, but he was the shit for 3 seasons. Super quick release, and amazingly accurate.

POJO_Risin
04-23-2004, 08:15 PM
Dan McGwire...a big, strong armed qb...who did nothing...

You can't deny Warner's stats...and what he did...the receivers are still as good as ever...but the team certainly isn't the same...

is it because of the others...or the qb...

well...we will see...

ALinChainz
04-23-2004, 11:34 PM
I read that he is major gun shy about getting hit now. This very well maybe the end of the line for him. He may be able to serve in a Don Strock capacity, but the Rams there for a couple years were awesome, but it was when they had a HEALTHY Marshall Faulk.

And I agree about the hand, it may be just mush anymore.

The Rams fron office may be a tad down on Martz announcing his release so soon, and then having to back track saying "it wasn't certain", blowing any kind of chance some team offering a draft pick for him, no matter what round.

And the wife is a major ball and chain, she is part of everything he is with that team. She isn;t liked and many other teams don't want to deal with her either.

Hecubus
04-27-2004, 01:06 AM
"Take it outside, God-boy."

"Okely dokely!"

Jano
04-27-2004, 01:30 AM
GO CHIEFS
GO SOONER
and DAVE kicked everybody ass!

Lou
04-27-2004, 02:19 AM
Kurt Warner CAN'T PLAY anymore. I wouldn't even take him as a backup. He's just so beat up, scared, just a shell of what he was.

azcrdnal
05-03-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Well that's where God's leading him in life, you know?

Being a Catholic I'm a firm believer in God but I also believe that God does not care about football. and catholics like to diddle little boys i wouldnt be to proud of being a scumbag catholic.:asshole: :asshole: