PDA

View Full Version : Columbine

Steve Savicki
04-20-2004, 02:49 PM
I hope we have learned from this 5 year past and done what we can as a nation to stop gun violence not just in schools, but in society as a whole.
And I don't mean stop just physically... metal detectors in schools, police handcuffing kids.
I mean mentally as well... education and understanding.
Physically is just half the battle. Going the physical route only teaches kids that violence solves problems. And if police are seen as figures to uphold the law, then this will teach some juvenile delinquent to go out and stock up on ammo because there will always be outlaws.
It's not just kids that need to be taught by the teachers and principal's announcements over the intercom... parents need to know the signs about when their child is going to commit an act of violence.
It's called adult supervision folks. As hitch pointed out in his controversial thread at the old DLRarmy domain, it's lack of attention, support, and displayed caring that will cause the kid to feel neglect.
Do you think we've accomplished anything since?

High Life Man
04-20-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
Do you think we've accomplished anything since?

Not really.

Parents still don't take responsibility for their kids, and that's 98% of the problem. If they imposed a little discipline and got involved with their children's educations and supported them in their athletics, things like Columbine wouldn't happen.

BTW - I've always wondered if a Columbine incident happened at an inner-city, all black high school, do you think it would have got the same kind of coverage, attention and sympathy a nearly all-white school in the Suburbs of Denver got?

I'd have to say not.

ELVIS
04-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Who cares...

Ally_Kat
04-20-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by High Life Man

BTW - I've always wondered if a Columbine incident happened at an inner-city, all black high school, do you think it would have got the same kind of coverage, attention and sympathy a nearly all-white school in the Suburbs of Denver got?

I'd have to say not.

Nope, it didn't. School in the town next to me had it's own Columbine-like incident and all that happened was that they closed off the street and then had a shootout with the kids. Was labeled as 'gang related' and we never heard anything about it every again.

ELVIS
04-20-2004, 06:00 PM
They had one in New Orleans also...

Big deal...

Jesus Christ
04-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Gregory, do ye think the murder of children, especially by other children is "no big deal"??

Hath ye learned nothing from My teachings??

(Jesus Wept at the memory of Columbine :cry: )

ELVIS
04-20-2004, 06:08 PM
Yeah.. It's all very sad...

Nothing I can do about it...

Big Troubles
04-20-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Yeah.. It's all very sad...

Nothing I can do about it...

LMAO

Yeah It saddens me a little more than Elvis I think.

Viking
04-20-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat:

Nope, it didn't. School in the town next to me had it's own Columbine-like incident and all that happened was that they closed off the street and then had a shootout with the kids. Was labeled as 'gang related' and we never heard anything about it every again.

Of course not. The media won't dare. It's a real treat to them when there's this type of carnage committed by a couple of of juvenile honkeys - 'Bad Whitey! Bad guns!'. Convenient, pre-packaged propaganda for them. But, let a couple of brothers go on a schoolhouse rampage with a Glock and a sawed-off Mossburg, and they can't separate the message from the messenger without showing their bias. Write it off as 'intra-cultural strife' (and reinforce the indirect inference that it's all being propagated by 'The Man', in the process). :elvis:

BITEYOASS
04-20-2004, 11:24 PM
Not only do kids have to deal with parents all the time, but they have bullies going after them on a daily basis. If the school system just thinks that bullying other kids is normal, then they'll wind up with blood on there hands when the so called losers in school just snap and start firing rounds at whoever pissed them off the most.

High Life Man
04-20-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
Not only do kids have to deal with parents all the time, but they have bullies going after them on a daily basis. If the school system just thinks that bullying other kids is normal, then they'll wind up with blood on there hands when the so called losers in school just snap and start firing rounds at whoever pissed them off the most.

Come on, this has been going on since the beginning of time.

Teach your kids to fucking fight back. Shit, teach them to punch first. Send them to karate.

But no, we can talk our way out of everything.... :rolleyes:

lucky wilbury
04-21-2004, 01:02 AM
bullying has gone on since there was school only differenece now is that it's become acceptable to go off on someone becuase you won't get blamed. it's always the media fault or music, movies or the nra etc etc. someone else made me do it. lack of personal responsiblity is killing this country. everything from the tobacco company made me smoke to mcd's made me fat. no one put the smokes in your hand or that supersize fry.

Steve Savicki
04-21-2004, 09:59 AM
Hil, right next to you? That must've been a shocker.

Ally_Kat
04-21-2004, 10:03 AM
nawh Steve, the minorities shoot each other up all the time

Steve Savicki
04-21-2004, 10:16 AM
Myabe that's why my trip to NY back in March of '01 had alot of bus stop posters offering rewards to tip off cop killers.

Ally_Kat
04-21-2004, 11:20 AM
nawh, NYC is completely safe. Just stay out of select part of the Bronx and the low-class parts of Brooklyn.

The copkiller posters is cuz we don't tolerate that crap here.

John Ashcroft
04-21-2004, 12:09 PM
I feel safer in NYC than Dallas...

Ally_Kat
04-21-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
I feel safer in NYC than Dallas...

of course you do, you have me in NYC ;)

John Ashcroft
04-21-2004, 12:16 PM
You bet sweetie! It makes all the difference.

Ally_Kat
04-21-2004, 12:50 PM
I swear, we need to have a field trip. We could all debate by the new WTC train stop that they built there. Don't know where they're going to fit in the pools of doom and the trees of death.

Big Troubles
04-21-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
bullying has gone on since there was school only differenece now is that it's become acceptable to go off on someone becuase you won't get blamed. it's always the media fault or music, movies or the nra etc etc. someone else made me do it. lack of personal responsiblity is killing this country. everything from the tobacco company made me smoke to mcd's made me fat. no one put the smokes in your hand or that supersize fry.

No but society has carefully studied how to market that supersized fry and sell you those tasty smokes. Im not saying it justifies. Not at all. But it simply comes down to parents educating their kids even more today than ever. Too much bullshit in the world, so there is more to morally teach them.

hitch1969©
04-21-2004, 10:03 PM
I personally have chosen to arm my children with semi-automatic weapons. I tell them: Never let anyone talk shit to you. Even on the internet. Go KLEBOLD on their punk asses and teach them a lesson.

I think that kids n guns are KEWL.

2 kewl 4 skewl!!

uh uh uh uhu hu huhu huh uhuhuhuh uh

columbine.

they should make school shootings an ANAL tradition there.

uh uhuh u hu hu hu huhuhuh uhh

BREASTS!!

=h69=

ELVIS
04-21-2004, 10:12 PM
Yeah right...:rolleyes:

:elvis: