PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson's Brother Raps U.S. Policy in Iraq

ELVIS
04-20-2004, 05:40 PM
Tuesday April 20, 2004

http://news.aunz.yimg.com/xp/reuters/20040420/22/1733324629.jpg

MANAMA, Bahrain (Reuters) - Pop star Michael Jackson's brother, Jermaine, in the Gulf to promote understanding between Muslims and his fellow Americans, said Tuesday that Muslims are "the new Negroes in America."

Jermaine, a convert to Islam and dressed in white Arab garb, has been speaking about Islam and U.S. "adventures" in Iraq to enthusiastic audiences at Koranic centers and universities in the Gulf Arab state of Bahrain.

"I think Muslims have become the new Negroes in America. They are being mistreated at airports, by the Immigration -- everywhere," he said.

Jermaine, also a singer, told Reuters in an interview: "I do not agree with the U.S. government. What they are saying about Muslims and Arabs is all propaganda and brainwashing." ADVERTISEMENT

"I don't think it is right for us to go to someone else's country and tell them what to do and how to do it," said Jermaine, who is a guest of the royal court in the pro-Western kingdom, which hosts the U.S. Navy's Fifth Fleet.

He disapproved of Muslim extremism, which has been on the rise in the wake of the U.S. occupation of Iraq last year.

"I understand their feelings but do not approve of their methods. Islam is a religion of peace. They are wrong," he said.

:elvis:

Wayne L.
04-20-2004, 08:17 PM
Iraq is probably the only country where Jermaine Jackson could sellout a concert anyway so who cares what he says.

FORD
04-20-2004, 08:47 PM
This can't be good publicity for the Jehova's Witnesses. They have now lost their most famous member AND his older brother to Islam. And they probably weren't crazy about Janet's "wardrobe malfunction" either.

BITEYOASS
04-20-2004, 11:18 PM
Maybe the Jackoffs can negotiate a peace settlement with those thugs in Falujja. They'll probably get shot for being infidels and get hung over a bridge. Now only will Jacko be kept from molesting children, but will also boost troop morale, in knowing that these peace whores are a bunch of dumbfucks. :D

BigBadBrian
04-22-2004, 01:39 PM
What do you expect? I'd be pissed of too if my name was Jermaine. What a queer name. :gulp:

BigBadBrian
04-22-2004, 01:39 PM
:D