PDA

View Full Version : Debunking Dick Cheney

LoungeMachine
06-20-2006, 10:00 PM
Debunking Cheney - June 20th, 2006

Cheney Falsely Claims No One ‘Anticipated The Level Of Violence’ In Iraq

Today in a speech at the National Press Club, Vice President Dick Cheney claimed that no one predicted the violent insurgency that has now taken root in Iraq:

MODERATOR: Do you think that you underestimated the insurgency’s strength?

CHENEY: I think so. I guess if I look back on it now, I don’t think anybody anticipated the level of violence that we have encountered.

But Cheney’s statement isn’t true. Many analysts did anticipate extensive violence.

– “The longer a U.S. occupation of Iraq continues, the more danger exists that elements of the Iraqi population will become impatient and take violent measures to hasten the departure of U.S. forces. … The impact of suicide bombing attacks in Israel goes beyond their numbers, and this fact will also capture the imagination of would-be Iraqi terrorists.” [Army War College, Feb. 2003]

– “But if we’re going to invade, we need to prepare for a worst-case scenario involving street-to-street fighting, with farmers like Mr. Khal taking potshots at our troops. Is America really prepared for hundreds of casualties, even thousands, in an invasion and subsequent occupation that could last many years?” [Nicholas Kristof, New York Times, Sept. 2002]

– “We must be prepared to occupy the country and stay there for a very long time at very great expense in treasure but also in risk to lives. There can be no question that the military cost of this option will be enormous.” [Morton Halperin, Council on Foreign Relations, July 2002]

It’s not that no one predicted intensity of Iraq’s post-war violence. It’s just that no one in the Bush Administration did.

Terry
06-20-2006, 11:54 PM
Yeah, but I get the feeling deep down that Cheney doesn't give a shit what others think about him, and this Administration's use of the Big Lie technique is so transparent that it takes the fun out of debunking him.

Cheney, Rumsfeld and W will never admit they made mistakes and that their thinking was fundamentally flawed. If the outcome isn't to their liking, they'll invariably blame someone other than themselves.

Hell, W's whole life has been devoid of responsibility. Not like he's gonna step up to the plate and own the faults of his decisions now: "Hell, I'm just the President! I did what my Daddy's advisors told me to! Go see them if you have a problem with it!"

Nice job, W. Can't wait for the Librairy. Several possible location spots to illustrate the triumphs of your presidency:

1. Iraq

2. New Orleans

3. Darfur

EAT MY ASSHOLE
06-21-2006, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Terry
with it!"

Nice job, W. Can't wait for the Librairy. Several possible location spots to illustrate the triumphs of your presidency:

1. Iraq

2. New Orleans

3. Darfur

Monica Lewisnsky's mouth?

jcook11
06-21-2006, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE

LMFAO :D God I miss bubbas' antics

Big Train
06-21-2006, 12:52 AM
It's certainly a poor choice of words. I believe what he is getting at is that nobody who was actually making the call (GW or himself) thought it would be a worst case scenario.

I realize it is semantics though. Like I said, poor choice of words.

Terry
06-21-2006, 09:14 PM

Yes, W's responses to Katrina, Iraq and Darfur are on par with Clinton getting a blowjob while in office.

:rolleyes:

ODShowtime
06-21-2006, 09:31 PM

what a lame, stupid, irrelevant attempt at humor :rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
06-21-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by jcook11
LMFAO :D God I miss bubbas' antics

I miss his competence...:(

Nitro Express
06-24-2006, 01:39 PM
Follow the money. Going into Iraq has made Haliburton and Dick Chenney a lot of money. He doesn't care about politics, he cares about his govt. contracts and securing oil and natural gas deals in countrys we invade.

Of course the insurgency has kept Iraqi oil bottled up and Chenney probably didn't realise that would be a problem this long but he's still making a shitload of money.

When the Chimp's term of power is over Dick Chenney will come back here to Jackson Hole, Wyoming and live like a rich man without a care to the world, while the next president will inherit a shit load of problems and the US taxpayer pays for them.

Dick Chenney is one of the biggest crooks in US politics. It's all about him.

Warham
06-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I miss his competence...:(

His competence at what? Working overtime?

FORD
06-24-2006, 06:25 PM
I miss the days when all we had to worry about in this country was who was sucking the President's dick.

matt19
06-24-2006, 06:47 PM
She was kinda a heffer though.

BigBadBrian
06-24-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Terry

1. Iraq

2. New Orleans

3. Darfur

Blaming Bush for New Orleans or Darfur is rather asinine.

:gulp:

FORD
06-24-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Blaming Bush for New Orleans or Darfur is rather asinine.

:gulp:

His response to New Orleans was pathetic, and his response to Darfur is non-existent.

LoungeMachine
06-25-2006, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Warham
His competence at what? Working overtime?

As opposed to RECORD vacation time? :rolleyes:

Give it up.

You guys look like idiots backing this guy at this point.

Jesus Christ.

Just admit it. :rolleyes:

Warham
06-25-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I miss the days when all we had to worry about in this country was who was sucking the President's dick.

Yep, while the terrorists were getting prepared for their jihad against America inside our borders.

Good times, indeed.

Warham
06-25-2006, 02:39 PM
His response to New Orleans was pathetic, and his response to Darfur is non-existent.

Darfur existed long before Bush took office.

What did Clinton do about it?

Warham
06-25-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
As opposed to RECORD vacation time? :rolleyes:

Give it up.

You guys look like idiots backing this guy at this point.

Jesus Christ.

Just admit it. :rolleyes:

I didn't think you'd have an answer.

Thank you for your time. :D

LoungeMachine
06-26-2006, 01:01 AM
Darfur existed long before Bush took office.

What did Clinton do about it?

Pathetic, yet so predictable.

Almost self-parody :cool:

Warham
06-26-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Pathetic, yet so predictable.

Almost self-parody :cool:

Answer: Nothing.

bobgnote
06-29-2006, 04:21 PM
His response to New Orleans was pathetic, and his response to Darfur is non-existent. ”
Yep, while the terrorists were getting prepared for their jihad against America inside our borders. Good times, indeed.

Clinton negotiated with his DICK.

GW negotiates with FUCK. There's an album titile.

Darfur is derived from the ORIGINAL INTIFADA of pre-WWI Jihad, Sudan, made into a Charleton Heston flick, KHARTOUM, re. c. 1885, incited by the Euro-Zionist invasion of Palestine, 1882.

When the Sudanese desert gets cleared, bigger hurricanes hit the US, then Hadj pisses into the wind with an Allah Akhbar, die you perv-dicks in your whirlwind, reap it all night!

Sudan is near EITHIOPIA, where the Jews originated. The war to purge those who got uppity for being white and trashy can kill all of us.

What do you punk rockers think EITHER GW or Bill did for us? We are on the eve of destruction, and Clinton isn't smart enough to legalize WHORES or DRUGS, though he got into those. If he isn't smart enough to go for legalization from the Demo platform, and Al Gore reliably anticipates to sell environmental media, from a drug war geek's development, you are killing yourself to live, WANTING Demos.

Hey, I would NOT know how to sign a check, to THAT studio.

bobgnote
06-29-2006, 04:26 PM
NEITHER Clinton NOR gw were part of smart enough to figure, IF Jews belonged in Palestine, at any time, THEY SHOULD LOOK A LOT MORE LIKE THAT GODDAM BOB MARLEY, and shove that clarinet somewhere, Schmieuli!