PDA

View Full Version : Heard Van Hagar's "Feels So Good" Today

ALMOSTsaved
06-21-2006, 01:27 PM
While running errands today for work with a buddy of mine I heard this eternally terrible song from the worst album with the Van Halen name on it. Because it wasn't my car I didn't attempt to change the station and paid very close attention to the music. While listening to the melody of the song, I realized Ed could have done the same arrangement on guitar and with Dave in the band it could've been something reminiscent of "Secrets." Instead, the masses were treated to yet another fucking keyboard saturated love song written and sung by the wrong singer.

ALMOSTsaved
06-21-2006, 01:28 PM
I just realized I should've posted this in the "song" section. My apologies.

Don Corleone
06-21-2006, 01:36 PM
One question: Why didn't you just talk over the song?

ALMOSTsaved
06-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Good question. I've always hated the lyrics with a passion but I never really listened to the music. Never gave it a chance. There was a lull in the conversation so I tuned out the voice and the lyrics and listened to the arrangement. I picked up on it before the vocals even began and just pictured what I thought Dave could've come up with lyrically and that was my focus for the entire song. To me not only could it have been a very "Secrets" -esque tune but also quite possibly a "Coconut Grove" kinda vibe.

Sugar-Dave
06-21-2006, 01:45 PM
apart from when its love this is the worst Van Hagar song ever

as for the best, well..........

anybody?

Don Corleone
06-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Far too much choice

sadaist
06-21-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Sugar-Dave

anybody?

I like the guitar riff in 5150.

binnie
06-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Best?

Humans Being, but it's not saying much.

worst?

Up For Breakfast.

Followed closely by Dreams.....

FORD
06-21-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
I just realized I should've posted this in the "song" section. My apologies.

So let it be written, so let it be done....

POJO_Risin
06-21-2006, 02:26 PM
My god...Inside...

Feels So Good...

and there isn't a good tune in the lot...

I liked the Riffs in Dream another Dream...Human's Being...and Don't Tell Me...

ALMOSTsaved
06-21-2006, 02:31 PM
Wow, this thread has totally changed topics...but I guess I'll play. If I had to pick a best "riff" for a Van Hagar song, it would be "The Seventh Seal" even though it's basically rehashed "Poundcake."

Loons The Great
06-21-2006, 04:30 PM
Best riff in a Van Hagar song??...the one Lowell George wrote one time nah yez yez...well well well...oooh well well...

binnie
06-21-2006, 04:32 PM
Loons, you crack me up!

how's it going?

hope all is well?

Loons The Great
06-21-2006, 04:52 PM
Everything is spectacular, binnie, how the hell are you nah??

May yer soul get to heaven half an hour before the devil knows yer dead!!

binnie
06-21-2006, 04:55 PM
Fuckin great actually!

Got Fair Warning blasting, bottle of Jack by my side, and I'm gonna listen to some SRV later on, to wind down.

Roth on!

Loons The Great
06-22-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by binnie
Fuckin great actually!

Got Fair Warning blasting, bottle of Jack by my side, and I'm gonna listen to some SRV later on, to wind down.

Roth on!

Sounds like a mofo'n plan, man...I'll bet my bottom dolla that Tin Pan Alley is a helluva tune to wind down to....FO' SHO'...

Loons The Great
06-22-2006, 11:07 AM
'Natra, what do you think 'bout these Van Hagar threads up in this mofo?? I don't think they belong here. I belieb they belong in House Of Music, or Arielle's Dumper. It's the VAN HALEN/DAVID LEE ROTH SONGS AND ALBUMS...not the Van Haggar REST IN PISS forum nah...

IWantSomeToo!!
06-22-2006, 11:25 AM
We all know the worst Sammy "song" ever goes to that fucking shit off Balance, Strung Out. Some arty types told me I wouldn't appreciate it unless I was like them.

Dear God it's Eddie destroying a piano? What the fuck?

Intruder from Diver Down is shit too... But it has some sort of meaning, to make the Pretty Woman video longer and to give it a more dynamic intro on the album.

Strung Out for worst song ever.

ALMOSTsaved
06-22-2006, 11:29 AM
"Intruder" is very much the perfect instrumental to "fuck" to...it's got that build up all the way to the climax which is that first crunching blow of "Pretty Woman." The only problem with "Intruder" is it's just not long enough. ;)

binnie
06-22-2006, 11:29 AM
I'd forgotten about strung out.

It does suck, you're right....

Matt White
06-22-2006, 11:33 AM
ANY Van Hagar song fits the bill as "worst"...........

100% garbage................

And anytime EVH stumbled upon a decent riff...like "5150"....or "Runaround"...."You-know-who" ruined it everytime............

bueno bob
06-22-2006, 11:46 AM
The song 5150...and parts of Humans Being...are the only Van Hagar I can even remotely tolerate...

Most hated Van Hagar song for me? Finish What Ya Started...a complete snorefest, yankfest bore designed to look like a "fun/party" song and actually delivers like a fuckin' funeral procession...

Don Corleone
06-22-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
And anytime EVH stumbled upon a decent riff...like "5150"....or "Runaround"...."You-know-who" ruined it everytime............

Summer Nights is one of those. Decent enough riff, but ever time I hear that song I think of how good it could have been and should have been with Dave singing the original vocals to it.

Unchainme
06-22-2006, 02:13 PM
When a buddy of mine played Top of the World on his guitar it auctually sounded alright, Mainly because There was no Hagar in the vocals ;)

ALMOSTsaved
06-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Exactly...and also the very reason for the origin of this thread. I just wonder what the rough demo of that song sounded like? The guitar is too sterile on the 5150 and OU812 albums. No brown sound evident..and a little too heavy on the "chorus" effect.

WOAHYEAH
06-23-2006, 12:11 AM
Feels so Good?

Don't you mean Tai Chi solo?

Bill Lumbergh
06-23-2006, 02:28 AM
Gives you a special feeling in the ol' brown star, dont it?!

DavidLeeNatra
06-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Loons The Great
'Natra, what do you think 'bout these Van Hagar threads up in this mofo?? I don't think they belong here. I belieb they belong in House Of Music, or Arielle's Dumper. It's the VAN HALEN/DAVID LEE ROTH SONGS AND ALBUMS...not the Van Haggar REST IN PISS forum nah...

mr loons...I was just about to ask you the same...I was off for two days and see this shit...normally I close these threads...you wanna talk hagar, fine...do it in main (where it pisses off elvis :D ) or...welcome to the linx...

not in my store, you...

DavidLeeNatra
06-25-2006, 08:26 AM
I was kindly asked to move this thread into the right forum (which is definitaly not the CVH or ROTH song forum ;) )

here we go...

yes...I was thinking about moving it into arielle's dump...but...well...it's not hagar solo...

VHscraps
12-28-2011, 07:07 PM
Well Strung Out ain't got you-know-who screaming / emoting over it, so I guess that makes it an unlikely contender for BEST Van Hagar song!

VAiN
12-28-2011, 07:26 PM
To me the worst will always be 'source of infection'. Most moronic lyrics ever.

VHscraps
12-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Yup. Sam's range goes from sappy to moronic with an occasional inbetween attempt at 'social commentary' - the stereotypical lurch towards maturity of one who is too dim to know better that this is rock'n'roll, and we really don't need businessmen onstage telling us to 'drive safely' because they want to see us again (i.e., milk us for more cash) next tour.

To think I bought those albums hoping - against th evidence of their first outing - that this was still my band ...

hain23x
12-28-2011, 07:50 PM
This song, Dreams, Love Walks In are the tri fecta of WTF

Northern Girl
12-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Well Strung Out ain't got you-know-who screaming / emoting over it, so I guess that makes it an unlikely contender for BEST Van Hagar song!

Why the fuck would you bump a 5 year old thread about Van Hagar?

VHscraps
12-29-2011, 06:55 AM
Landed on it without looking at the damn date!

Cato
12-29-2011, 08:32 AM
a 7 year old thread about English gay singers bumps every year...

Unchainme
12-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Gives you a special feeling in the ol' brown star, dont it?!

fucking spit out my coke zero to that shit.\

come back bill!

Dave's Bitch
12-29-2011, 12:53 PM

anybody?

gotta be why cant this be love;)

Unchainme
12-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Van Hagar's catalog doesn't hold up worth a shit.

It all sounds pretty fucking dated. And not even in a cool "retro 80's " kinda way.

There's no fucking bite to it. You listen to "Panama", "Hot for Teacher", "Unchained", all seem to want kick ass, drink, smoke a blunt and get laid. Dave's attitude oozes through all those songs, fucking Eddie plays the fuck out of his mind on them. He's not restrained and it adds an element of danger to those songs.

Van Hagar is showing yet again why it's to be forgotten.

DLR Bridge
12-29-2011, 01:44 PM
If Sam presented Ed with the lyrics "Yesterday I saw my love light shine straight ahead in front of me" around '95, there might have been an actual fist fight. Such shit.

Take Me Back off of Balance could have worked out ions better with Dave. Would have been a nice sentimental twist on No More Waiting/Show No Mercy since the riff is present. Ed had some decent musical moments through out the bleak years, but yeah, Mr. Wronguy ruined'em.